Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Dvd Question?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dvd Question?? (332 Views)

New Lg Dvd Home Theatre(lhd756)SOLD / (save Big) Buy Sony DVD Home Theatre For #25k Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dvd Question?? by haywhybamz(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
THE DVD QUESTION
Most might be wondering if this post is about the digital versatile disc " or "digital video disc" player known as dvd player, about its advantages or disadvantages but you all got it wrong. This post is about the trend in the menace domestic violence which has left so many questions unanswered, also several chats with a course mate and good friend of mine gave me a few insights in putting up this post, this is why i adopted the dvd which for the purpose of this post stands for DOMESTIC VIOLENCE DOCTRINE.
A doctrine is a belief or set of beliefs held by certain humans on certain subject. Being an ardent listener of a popular news programme on radio every morning, no single day passes by without report of a magistrate court dissolving a marriage over infidelity or claims on domestic violence. This made me wonder why there is a rise in this ugly trend.
Facts available to me both oral and written states that this menace was no where to be found in the 70's or 90's, one wonders why there is a sudden augment in this menace. An excerpt drawn out from popular search engine wikipedia states that
"Domestic violence is widespread and shows no signs of lessening in Nigeria. The CLEEN Foundation reports 1 in every 3 respondents admitting to being a victim of domestic violence. The survey also found a nationwide increase in domestic violence in the past 3 years from 21% in 2011 to 30% in 2013. A CLEEN Foundation’s 2012 National Crime and Safety Survey demonstrated that 31% of the national sample confessed to being victims of domestic violence"
The above stats ascertain the fact that this menace has turned to a doctrine amongst some people in this part of the world. The big question is
1. Why is there a sudden increase in this menace?
2. Who should be held responsible?
3. Is there a way out?

(1) (Reply)

Woman Demands N800,000 Damages For Her 14-year-old Daughter’s Pregnancy / Get Unlimited Udemy, Wso(warrior Special Offer),lynda- Files. / Incredible! Policemen Saves Child Falling Off 3rd Floor Of A Building In Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.