Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Did You Notice This About MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did You Notice This About MTN (3577 Views)

Top 10 Secrets You Don't Know About MTN / All You Need To Know About Mtn 2gb For 500 / The Truth About Mtn's Awuf4u Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Notice This About MTN by Toonice(m): 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Whenever i put on my data or make a call, my gprs always turn On itself. But other network is not like that. What's mtn trying to do. Did you notice this on your phone?

1 Like

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by SilverG33k(m): 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Locate the nearest river and go sacrifice your phone to the gods.....

18 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 02, 2017
Toonice:
Whenever i put on my data or make a call, my gprs always turn On itself. But other network is not like that. What's mtn trying to do. Did you notice this on your phone?
The problem isn't from mtn but your phone

3 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 02, 2017
What an annoying thread. mUst you guys always blame everything on your ISPs? if you guys are not satisfied with their services you guys can go built a satelite.... you got a bad PHONE, your ISPs will the ones at the receiving end. WTF...
Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by colbankz(m): 5:26am On Jun 02, 2017
when M.T.N hear about dz guy story e go b lyk .....

7 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by LilSmith55(m): 5:45am On Jun 02, 2017
Smash the fone to the floor, e go restore the factory settings of the fone

Besides which fone are you talking about self

3 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by eleojo23: 6:18am On Jun 02, 2017
It happens with Glo too

1 Like

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by DesChyko: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2017
Your phone has factory-fitted Amebo settings. It wants to upload your conversation to Amebo Central Database.

7 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by TechPanda(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2017
Could It Be Malware?
Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by malware: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2017
TechPanda:
Could It Be Malware?

No please.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by malware: 9:56am On Jun 02, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
What an annoying thread. mUst you guys always blame everything on your ISPs? if you guys are not satisfied with their services you guys can go built a satelite.... you got a bad PHONE, your ISPs will the ones at the receiving end. WTF...

You don't know what you are saying.... This incessant location request is from the telecom service providers. They're not ISPs please.

Meanwhile, I will advise you to improve on your English.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2017
malware:

You don't know what you are saying.... This incessant location request is from the telecom service providers. They're not ISPs please.

I have the same experience with a Lenovo A859 on the Glo network. I attributed it to the phone. Are you saying it's from the service provider too ?

1 Like

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by Olibboy: 10:11am On Jun 02, 2017
Ur problem dey for ur phone o. no b mtn, especially if you're using infinix hot 4.
Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 02, 2017
malware:

How about you start by schooling me... prof?
you wouldn't reply this comment if you don't understand what I initially typed...PROF
Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by Bahddo(m): 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
GPRS or GPS?
Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by Tazdroid(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
SilverG33k:
Locate the nearest river and go sacrifice your phone to the gods.....

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by baba4thegehs: 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
If you're on a 2G network and the you make a call. You data network automatically trips off and comes back on afters you drop your calls
That's just normal

1 Like

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by infogenius(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
Toonice:
Na Glo do am pass. I seldom notice it with MTN but Glo na baba
Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by Iamlordgee(m): 11:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bro it is GPS. Especially glo.. Mtn just started it recently.. and that sh!t kills my battery
Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by Kelly2713(m): 5:34am On Jun 03, 2017
tongue

Re: Did You Notice This About MTN by usmanktg2(m): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2017
Your question lack technicality.
Read what you said again

Whenever i put on my data or make a call

If it is an Android Phone, it will never be possible except you are already connected before making the call.

Mobile Network Operators can never put an automatic request to use internet services on your android phone. Android OS do not allow ANDROID_PERMISSION for this.

...An Android Developer

(1) (Reply)

Oeina R8s, 6inch 3200mah 1gb Ram, 18k Honest Review / How Does Whatsapp Make Their Money Without Adverts? See.. / What's Wrong With My Tecno Pop 4 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.