Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police (64043 Views)

Ebonyi Has Lowest Crime Rate In Zone 6 – AIG / PRESS RELEASE: Ekiti Has Not Received Any Money From FG / Ekiti Has Been Liberated From Pdp’s Bondage – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by PhilAmadeus: 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
comrChris:
liar...ekiti is overrated

Visit that state n see things by your self.very overrated,poverty and illitracy is still high there,i dont want to talk about development

Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
daylyt:

Miss the old nl sad
Hmmm. When did you join? Do you have an older monicker?
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Oblang(m): 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Fabulosdave01:
What is there to steal in a state that is not developing and they line up for rice? Is it not the same ekiti that they rob banks anyhow?

Even at that, is stealing the only crime that can be committed?
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Harmoneasy: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ehizy8:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim.
boss show me the way na
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by PhilAmadeus: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
tolexy123:
well, you gonna have to wait till rapture takes place
Nooooo bro he does not have to wait till eternity just give ham
Ekiti is a state in western Nigeria, declared a
state on 1 October 1996 alongside five others by
the military under the dictatorship of General
Sani Abacha. The state, carved out of the
territory of old Ondo State, covers the former
twelve local government areas that made up the
Ekiti Zone of old Ondo State. On creation, it had
sixteen Local Government Areas (LGAs), having
had an additional four carved out of the old
ones. Ekiti State is one of the thirty-six states
( Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)) that
constitute Nigeria. Ekiti State is reputed to have
produced the highest number of professors in
Nigeria. Several pioneer academics are from the
state, including Adegoke Olubummo (One of the
first Nigerian professors in the field of
mathematics), Ekundayo Adeyinka Adeyemi (1st
Professor of Architecture in Africa, South of
Sahara). Others include Profs J.F. Ade-Ajayi, Niyi
Osundare, Sam Aluko, Prof A.A. Agboola.
Prominent Ekiti indigenes
Prof. Akin Oyebode, Prof. Patrick Aina, Prof. I. O.
Orubuloye OONt[7] Aare Afe Babalola (SAN),[4]
Dele Adesina SAN, Olu Daramola SAN, Femi
Falana (SAN), Afeni Ayodele Ajayi, Michael
Olusegun Oluwole, Oluwole Segun Michael, Prof.
Owa Afolabi, Prof. Akin Osuntokun, Prof.
Ekundayo Adeyinka Adeyemi, Navy Capt.
Olubolade, Chief Michael Akin Omoboriowo,
Chief Bamidele Olumilua, Maj. Gen. Adebayo,
Adeniyi Adebayo, Segun Oni, Paul Olatunde
Alabi, D. A. Adeyemo, S. K. Babalola, Prof. Tunde
Adeniran,Prof. Adesegun Ojo, Mr. Ayo Fayose, Dr.
Kayode Fayemi, Bunmi Famosaya Mni, Senator
Olowoporoku, Chief Dr. Victor Olubi Fatunla,
Prof. Aluko, Hon. Rufus Ayo Adakeja,Dr. Tai Sikiru
Lawal, Pa. Paul Oluwole Jeje, Hon. Jeje (Author
Asa Ati Orisa Ile Yoruba).
See also

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by PhilAmadeus: 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
tolexy123:
well, you gonna have to wait till rapture takes place
Nooooo bro he does not have to wait till eternity just give ham
Ekiti is a state in western Nigeria, declared a
state on 1 October 1996 alongside five others by
the military under the dictatorship of General
Sani Abacha. The state, carved out of the
territory of old Ondo State, covers the former
twelve local government areas that made up the
Ekiti Zone of old Ondo State. On creation, it had
sixteen Local Government Areas (LGAs), having
had an additional four carved out of the old
ones. Ekiti State is one of the thirty-six states
( Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)) that
constitute Nigeria. Ekiti State is reputed to have
produced the highest number of professors in
Nigeria. Several pioneer academics are from the
state, including Adegoke Olubummo (One of the
first Nigerian professors in the field of
mathematics), Ekundayo Adeyinka Adeyemi (1st
Professor of Architecture in Africa, South of
Sahara). Others include Profs J.F. Ade-Ajayi, Niyi
Osundare, Sam Aluko, Prof A.A. Agboola.
Prominent Ekiti indigenes
Prof. Akin Oyebode, Prof. Patrick Aina, Prof. I. O.
Orubuloye OONt[7] Aare Afe Babalola (SAN),[4]
Dele Adesina SAN, Olu Daramola SAN, Femi
Falana (SAN), Afeni Ayodele Ajayi, Michael
Olusegun Oluwole, Oluwole Segun Michael, Prof.
Owa Afolabi, Prof. Akin Osuntokun, Prof.
Ekundayo Adeyinka Adeyemi, Navy Capt.
Olubolade, Chief Michael Akin Omoboriowo,
Chief Bamidele Olumilua, Maj. Gen. Adebayo,
Adeniyi Adebayo, Segun Oni, Paul Olatunde
Alabi, D. A. Adeyemo, S. K. Babalola, Prof. Tunde
Adeniran,Prof. Adesegun Ojo, Mr. Ayo Fayose, Dr.
Kayode Fayemi, Bunmi Famosaya Mni, Senator
Olowoporoku, Chief Dr. Victor Olubi Fatunla,
Prof. Aluko, Hon. Rufus Ayo Adakeja,Dr. Tai Sikiru
Lawal, Pa. Paul Oluwole Jeje, Hon. Jeje (Author
Asa Ati Orisa Ile Yoruba).
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by PhilAmadeus: 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
If you are still in "Thomas Mood"
One area where the Ekitis have excelled is
farming and education. While it might sound
contradictory, the Ekitis have been able to carve
a niche for themselves to the extent that in the
whole of the South-west, Ekiti ranks after Ondo
State in [[|cocoa production ]]. And that is why all
those who first made money in the state made
their money from farming, especially cocoa
farming. However, as lucrative as the business of
cocoa farming was then, the Ekitis never lost
sight of the fact that they needed to send their
children to school. This was in the 50s and 60s.
That is why today, the state has the highest
number of professors. A single town in Ekiti
State, Okemesi-Ekiti, has over 30 professors. As it
stands today, it is said that there is no university
in the country that does not have an Ekitiman on
its payroll as a lecturer. Another town in the
state, Osi-Ekiti, had two of its sons serving as
Vice-Chancellors at the same time. The late
Professor Peter Bodunrin, second professor of
Philosophy in the whole of Africa, was the Vice-
Chancellor of University of Ado-Ekiti and
Professor Odesanmi, former Vice-Chancellor of
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by CaptainFM1: 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
sunisonflex29:
rivers state nko?

Do u mean Rivers of Blood?
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Amnotyourmate(m): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
emmy4lov:
cool That's absolutely correct. . I served ekiti, aramoko town to be precise, and as a corper I was amazed at the harmless youth in the town,.. even when you walk around the town at 12 midnight, it's like everyone is scared of you. . But on the other hand, it a fetish town,

9)
it a lie, I also served in Ekiti almost 5 people were killed in my present.....last year

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for sale https://www.nairaland.com/3835096/32g-samsung-galaxy-note-4#57102420
it
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Osuman(m): 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ehizy8:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim.
IT IS FAKE DON'T TRY IT. OP BEWARE.
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Ewedegubbler: 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
emmy4lov:
cool That's absolutely correct. . I served ekiti, aramoko town to be precise, and as a corper I was amazed at the harmless youth in the town,.. even when you walk around the town at 12 midnight, it's like everyone is scared of you. . But on the other hand, it a fetish town,

That means they must have outsourced the security of the state to the babalawos...

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for sale https://www.nairaland.com/3835096/32g-samsung-galaxy-note-4#57102420
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
1bkaye:

Hmmm. When did you join? Do you have an older monicker?

Around 2011 I think..

Yes I do..
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
daylyt:

Around 2011 I think..

Yes I do..

Hmm, what is it? Lol
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by banmee(m): 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
obonujoker:
That means Fayose is working o...

"Lowest crime rate in Nigeria" is relative. Do you know how funny that statement is? Lowest crime rate indeed. In a country with zero security.
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by lonelydora: 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
comrChris:
liar...ekiti is overrated

Visit that state n see things by your self.very overrated,poverty and illitracy is still high there,i dont want to talk about development

Almost every family have a Prof.
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by OBAGADAFFI: 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
sweerychick:
Rugged fayose.. Ekiti is full of learned ppl. Heard it has the highest number of profs.

Those Ekiti learned people don't live in Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 02, 2017
1bkaye:

Hmm, what is it? Lol

tongue

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by vpaymoney(m): 12:10am On Jun 02, 2017
Kockane:
I served in Ekiti, 2012. I ran away because of the cultists. Ori Apata on Adebayo Road, Ado Ekiti, they visited like every other week to rob and rape. It was a horrible experience.

Oh well, things might have changed. As at then, I could confidently say ekiti was the capital of cultism in South Western Nigeria. Kai!!!
That means u belong to other group and sure they must find dia rival and rape dia gefrendz. That's y its good to following parents instructions and advice. Never you belong and always remember the son/Doughter of whom u are. Cos no matter any state you are peaceful or not, they must come near you or come for you gangan. U knw wha' amsayin?
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by vpaymoney(m): 12:20am On Jun 02, 2017
banmee:

"Lowest crime rate in Nigeria" is relative. Do you know how funny that statement is? Lowest crime rate indeed. In a country with zero security.
Cos you stay in the north east before and ran down south cos of disaster doesn't mean no state can be peaceful in Nigeria. Erase that mentality and move on. Thank God you escaped. EKITI peaceful. In fact its first state that come to mind when I saw the headline. If you are still angry you better pack self, and or if like you can carry along your bag or leave it in case you come back. And go back to NE , its peaceful over dia now.
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by banmee(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2017
vpaymoney:

Cos you stay in the north east before and ran down south cos of disaster doesn't mean no state can be peaceful in Nigeria. Erase that mentality and move on. Thank God you escaped. EKITI peaceful. In fact its first state that come to mind when I saw the headline. If you are still angry you better pack self, and or if like you can carry along your bag or leave it in case you come back. And go back to NE , its peaceful over dia now.

Lol. Bros, i don't even stay in Nigeria. You are so used to the nonsense in the country that every rubbish over there is normal to you. I hope you all wake up from this brain dead slumber you seem to be in.
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by stepup2know: 12:23am On Jun 02, 2017
God help us
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by dom(m): 12:43am On Jun 02, 2017
State Police ooooooooooo
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 02, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

This list is not accurate

Where is Ogun state on that list ??

Ogun state is the only peaceful place on earth

Please stop that joke what dirty Ogun ? I served in that place and in that one year I know the crime I observed and also ,heard of ..worst of all that place is soon fetish

Bank robberies don't have part 2 so don't ever mention Ogun ...
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Kockane:
I served in Ekiti, 2012. I ran away because of the cultists. Ori Apata on Adebayo Road, Ado Ekiti, they visited like every other week to rob and rape. It was a horrible experience.

Oh well, things might have changed. As at then, I could confidently say ekiti was the capital of cultism in South Western Nigeria. Kai!!!

If they are claiming that ekiti has lowest crime rate then it mean Nigeria as a whole should be on list of the most violent countries in the world

They must have been bribed for this
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by TinaAnita(f): 1:00am On Jun 02, 2017
One word, Fayose
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by sexyjob(m): 1:19am On Jun 02, 2017
false
sweerychick:
Rugged fayose.. Ekiti is full of learned ppl. Heard it has the highest number of profs.
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by donviso(m): 2:49am On Jun 02, 2017
HELLO MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, THIS IS A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR ME AND EVERY YOUNG NIGERIAN OUT THERE..
I am currently nominated to be among the 40 young global leaders with immense contributions to family planning.. As part of the selection voting is stipulated.
Please I don't know how best to ask for your support on this but I don't know where else I would seek support like here.

http://120under40.org/nominee/elvis-okolie

Steps to vote
Please Click on the link
Click on vote for nominee
Create an account using ur email (gmail is faster)
And ur voting is done..
It takes less than 5minutes if you use Google Chrome browser
God bless you as you support this movement
Also share with friends

Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by ElPadrino33: 2:49am On Jun 02, 2017
sweerychick:
Anambra is the state with the highest number of Profs, you're free to google it
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by reiddecuti: 3:00am On Jun 02, 2017
Ayo! Clap for yourself.

Don't mind the DIG, he's probably under a paycheck.
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Oladipo1166(m): 3:12am On Jun 02, 2017
I am proud of of my ekiti......
Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by iluvpomo(m): 3:15am On Jun 02, 2017
KingBelieve:
I opened the thread with the expectations of seeing Rivers State after all I've not heard or read about killing in the past 10 minutes so the State is now peaceful. (8
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Has Lowest Crime Rate In Nigeria- Police by Kana80: 3:48am On Jun 02, 2017
metro2:
The Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) in charge of Southwest Zone, Mr Foluso Adebanjo, has rated Ekiti as having the lowest crime rate in the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the DIG spoke in Ado Ekiti on Thursday during a working visit.

“The crime rate in Ekiti is very low, in fact, the lowest in the country. The police anywhere in the world can’t do it alone without the cooperation and consent of the people.

“You need to work with critical stakeholders to achieve a crime-free society

“The Inspector General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris, is committed to the task of giving our men incentives.

“Before now, Inspectors used to spend over 14 years before becoming Superintendent of Police, but such has been corrected.

“Apart from promotion, we are working on the housing scheme for our men to be able to own a house after retirement.

“We are also improving on the medicals so that our men who sustained injuries in the course of performing their tasks can get the best treatment and many other incentives.

“Let us do this job conscientiously. Don’t be labelled corrupt officers, this is not good for the image of the force locally and globally.

“Do this job very well and you will not regret it because you are doing God’s job and your reward shall surely come,’’ he said.

Adebanjo added that the proposal for the recruitment of 30,000 policemen annually would take care of the shortfall in the personnel in some states, including Ekiti.

“As we speak now, 10,000 people are undergoing training and the proposal is that 30,000 will be trained yearly for the next 10 years.

So, we have a work plan and we must not allow a few criminals to destroy the beautiful name and respect Nigeria commands globally,’’ he said.

Earlier in his address of welcome, the state Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Abdulahi Chafe, said the command would continue to ensure synergy with other sister agencies to make Ekiti crime-free.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/06/photos-jamb-change-of-institution-in.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Omo-Agege Reacts To Snatching Mace Of National Assembly / See The Silly Mistake A Foreign Newspaper Made About President Buhari. Photo / Photos Of Buhari & Osinbajo Laughing Hard In Office Today As Osinbajo Briefs Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.