Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval (12652 Views)

Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval / Buhari Appoints 41 Non-Career & 1 Career Ambassadors, Seeks Senate's Approval / Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu Applied For Islamic Bank Loan, Got Senate Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by dataking: 10:26am On Jun 02, 2017
jayymysterio:
Look at people commenting, this shows that many have not seen the walls outside Nigeria
Go to advanced countries in the EU(from Experience and still Experiencing) , citizens pay for "HighWay Ticket" also known as the about to be implemented "Road Tax" here in Nigeria.
In these countries, if you want to travel to another city or state within the country by car, you will have to pay for the proposed "HighWay Ticket"

Construction and maintenance of the High Way aint free, people! You gats to pay! That's how its done!
You are a fool. Sorry to say it before you spoil my fast. No vex
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by Vision4God: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2017
What Nigerians are going through is not enough abi?
D money recovered from d so called looters where is it?
Make apc govt think and act like d wise 4 once.... haba!
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by uyisteven(m): 10:49am On Jun 02, 2017
grin
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by uyisteven(m): 10:49am On Jun 02, 2017
Na to dey use water go work and travel now...
#CannoeThingsOnMyMind.... grin
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2017
jayymysterio:
Look at people commenting, this shows that many have not seen the walls outside Nigeria
Go to advanced countries in the EU(from Experience and still Experiencing) , citizens pay for "HighWay Ticket" also known as the about to be implemented "Road Tax" here in Nigeria.
In these countries, if you want to travel to another city or state within the country by car, you will have to pay for the proposed "HighWay Ticket"

Construction and maintenance of the High Way aint free, people! You gats to pay! That's how its done!
please whats the minimum wage in these advanced countries?how much do their senators and reps earn in comparism with minimum wage?what %age of the annual budget of these advanced countries is spent on capital expenditure?why did you and buhari run away from nigeria?because you love to pay road tax abi?
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by amarilo: 10:56am On Jun 02, 2017
jayymysterio:

Which country in Europe is that exactly?
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by madridguy(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2017
Na ten minutes this guy will play before he will replaced. tongue

OZAOEKPE:
Make buhari carry knife put for our neck one by one they slaughter us cry
I handle naija over to God this one pass our power

Madridguy take note
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by starz100: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2017
Despite all the taxes the masses still dey suffer. More taxes on the already complaining masses is not the answer because the same tax people /politicians will steal the money. What we need is concrete fight against corruption.
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by idris4eva(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2017
jayymysterio:

Bro, i do understand the situation in Nigeria, honestly.
Sincerely, the problem is not just paying the Tax, the problem we are facing is Job creation and increment of the minimum wage.
If all these are implemented and the minimum wage is increased, then we should have no problem paying tax!
now you are talking from a Nigerian perspective.
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by DJInfluence: 11:41am On Jun 02, 2017
all this politicians worse pass omonile dem. Ole barawo ni gbo gbo wan. grin grin grin grin
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by jayymysterio: 11:41am On Jun 02, 2017
There are many countries that implement such in the EU..such as the Scandinavia Regions(Norway, Denmark, Sweden), Germany, Hungary, Austria.........mostly 28 EU member countries.
amarilo:
Which country in Europe is that exactly?
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by Ncsamuel(m): 11:42am On Jun 02, 2017
What about the ones we give to the police on daily basis?! Ehn? Ppl, do you know that i know a certain policeman, who make up to #1500 a day by the roadside alone?

1 Like

Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by jayymysterio: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2017
My brother, google is your friend, use it wisely!
and as for the last question asking why i left Nigeria, the answer is best known to me.

ztapi:

please whats the minimum wage in these advanced countries?how much do their senators and reps earn in comparism with minimum wage?what %age of the annual budget of these advanced countries is spent on capital expenditure?why did you and buhari run away from nigeria?because you love to pay road tax abi?
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by jayymysterio: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2017
Same to you... no vex
dataking:

You are a fool. Sorry to say it before you spoil my fast. No vex
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by oscarline2002: 11:54am On Jun 02, 2017
The National Road Fund and the National Road Authority are they synonymous or conglomerates? I Think the right thing to be done should be passing the National Road Authority (NRA) bill into law as obtained in other part of the world. If Ghana should have Road Authority, what is Nigeria doing? One Minister who is a lawyer will tell you to strengthen FERMA which implies strengthening corruption because he has ulterior motive and do away with National Road Authority.We might not understand the future benefits of the NRA. I know they are enormous at a long run. All the levies aforementioned, all falls under the Road Authority bill . This is not the time you tell Nigerians about superimposed levies rather look for palliatives to cushion the pains in the land. I will suggest the senate to visit National Road Authority bill and incorporate the tolling system, fuel levy and other ancillary levies that constitute the Road fund into the NATIONAL ROAD AUTHORITY and is as simple as ABC and pass it into law in earnest for the good of the Country's Highways to eliminate funding bottle necks of these Road Assets. Mr. Senate President, Sen. Dr. BuKola Saraki, Pls ask the sponsor of the Bill, National Road Authority Sen. Kabiru Gaya to revisit the bill during one of the plenary session for onward passage. we Nigerians are yearning for this bill to be passed. Thank you as you do!
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by KingsleyCEO: 11:57am On Jun 02, 2017
Sai Baba grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by WhiskeyTangoFox: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
jayymysterio:

You that has traveled out, your passing more wrong information than those that haven't. Please mention those countries...... Besides, don't you think the spending power of the Pple in those countries were considered before implementing such ideas?
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by MhissIfe(f): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by jayymysterio: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
WhiskeyTangoFox:

You that has traveled out, your passing more wrong information than those that haven't. Please mention those countries...... Besides, don't you think the spending power of the Pple in those countries were considered before implementing such ideas?

which wrong information? you are part of the people that will stay in Nigeria and be giving people in Nigeria wrong impressions about the western world.
Like i said in one of my comments above, The Government should focus more on JOB CREATION and the INCREMENT OF MINIMUM WAGE, when all theses are put into implementation, we as citizens shouldn't find it a problem to pay our Taxes where its needed!
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by jayymysterio: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
MhissIfe:
I think the Nigerian problem is that most people don't want to pay tax and want the government to function, how do they continue to generate revenue. Yes, the country might still embezzle it but let's learn to play our parts and from there, we will have the fight in us to ask how our money is being spent

Well said!
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by Xano(m): 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Interesting

The toll fee excludes roads with Public-Private-Partnership arrangement.

If this bill becomes law, all road users, which includes: trailer of goods(products and produce); trailer truck of refined products(kerosine, diesel, petrol, cooking gas,among others); Transport companies and Private cabs would charge more on fares which would mean all round increase in price of goods, food products, services.

This bill would have more effect than just increase in petroleum products.

This bill would lead to all round increase in all we pay for in this country.

Revolution is necessary
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by DunceNLMods: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
jayymysterio:

There are many countries that implement such in the EU..such as the Scandinavia Regions(Norway, Denmark, Sweden), Germany, Hungary, Austria.........mostly 28 EU member countries.

Those countries are not corrupt​, Nigeria is very corrupt. You are being foolish.
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by chiteny(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
I AM JUST FED UP!!!

I NEED TO SELL ALL THE PROPERTY I HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY AND RELOCATE!!
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by solaere(m): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
What kinda yeye bill are there mumu sanatheives passing like dis fund generated dah 'll be looted by a single person one chance party/leader....
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by solaere(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
If d proceed will be used for d right tin no qualms but all there big eye ball leaders this is gonna be fund for their pocket ....
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by solaere(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
Raising election fund ....tax on petrol,tax on road user,soon it 'll be tax on food eaters !!!nigeria my beloveth country ....
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by lagosrd: 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
You can imagine after
#5 tax on every litre of fuel
All manners of useless papers being issued by Jon tax boards and local governments.
After those illegal state road taxes.
After demonic bank charges
After all satanic charges everywhere in this country. You still want to add to the hardship been experienced by people Abi. The clock is ticking.........
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by jayymysterio: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
DunceNLMods:

Those countries are not corrupt​, Nigeria is very corrupt. You are being foolish.

You are the fool here, the biggest one!, because there is no country that isn't corrupt...its just the level of corruption that differs.
Nigeria's level of corruption is higher than most other countries of the world. The country i reside in, most citizens complain of their government being corrupt. So you need to stop feeling and thinking that most other advanced countries are saints!
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by jobbers: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jobless
Re: Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval by Lisaint(m): 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
heavenly thunder from heaven

fire dem all
mods do ur worst ohh
i don insult BMC crew papa again

#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Exorbitant Electricity Bill In Rural Areas. / NPA Commissions Simulation Facility In Lagos, Saves $1m Yearly / Allegation Of Arrest Plot Before Inauguration Rocks NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.