Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? (11324 Views)

How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked / NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by Originalsly: 7:58am On Jun 02, 2017
Guess the OP never worked in an organization. To 'disappear' means he'll not be able to collect pay due to him from his last pay date to this last day at work.
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by tehinse1(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2017
Resign honorable simple.
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by donviso(m): 8:02am On Jun 02, 2017
MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELLO MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, THIS IS A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR ME AND EVERY YOUNG NIGERIAN OUT THERE..
I am currently nominated to be among the 40 young global leaders with immense contributions to family planning.. As part of the selection voting is stipulated.
Please I don't know how best to ask for your support on this but I don't know where else I would seek support like here.

http://120under40.org/nominee/elvis-okolie

Steps to vote
Please Click on the link
Click on vote for nominee
Create an account using ur email (gmail is faster)
And ur voting is done..
It takes less than 5minutes if you use Google Chrome browser
God bless you as you support this movement..
PLEASE ADMINS CAN THIS GET TO FRONT PAGE? I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS..[b][/b]

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by fergie001: 8:04am On Jun 02, 2017
bukynkwuenu:
God knows I will work for no man.... #selfboss

but if I get caught up in that... believe me,i will come to work everyday n put up a good behavior till I am fired.....i will go around and say goodbye to my employer and colleagues....but I will smile although n won't show weakness

and brace up for a new start....n review my lesson from the old job
Exactly
Was in a situation like this last year,though my sack had been looming.Had a source from HR,later they will snub it...sometimes it will be so glaring.The work wasn't paying well,so I was looking for alternatives,and kept a bold face,luckily I got something better in Jan,and was preparing my resignation for end of the month,but alas on the 19th, I got their advise to resign,I didn't waste a sec,I boldly and swaggerly signed their shii,I needed d complete dough.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by oluamid(m): 8:07am On Jun 02, 2017
donviso:
MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELLO MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, THIS IS A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR ME AND EVERY YOUNG NIGERIAN OUT THERE..
I am currently nominated to be among the 40 young global leaders with immense contributions to family planning.. As part of the selection voting is stipulated.
Please I don't know how best to ask for your support on this but I don't know where else I will would seek support like here.

http://120under40.org/nominee/elvis-okolie

Steps to vote
Please Click on the link
Click on vote for nominee
Create an account using ur email (gmail is faster)
And ur voting is done..
It takes less than 5minutes if you use Google Chrome browser
God bless you as you support this movement..
PLEASE ADMINS CAN THIS GET TO FRONT PAGE? I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS..[b][/b]

Please how is this a life time opportunity for the rest of us?
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by alizma: 8:26am On Jun 02, 2017
I will put in my best till the last minute of my departure.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by jashar(f): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2017
i'll kukuma resign. resignation is better than sack abeg.
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by InvertedHammer: 8:40am On Jun 02, 2017
Liars!

99% of you will go and bury jazz infront of the company.

/
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by Mightyraw(m): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2017
Assassinate the manager,destroy all files that keep the record,
And start doing eye service for the ceo
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by Donnyboy(m): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2017
Check out my Short film TRIBUTE... Shot with a phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akE5EIYfeSo&itct=CA8QpDAYACITCJjvl_fSntQCFYqDVQoda6kAAjIGcmVsbWZ1SOq3i8W23uWWaw%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by Suko110(m): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2017
hobermener:
Tell my boss i got a job offer that pays twice the current salary, with lotta fringe benefits.
Tell that sexy girl in the office she got a nice ass and I've always wanted to bleep her.
Tell my annoying colleagues I've got a better job and they can go fūck themselves.
Lastly, exit like a boss cool
Nice idea but only problem is wen tomorrow they see u walking aimlessly

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by keko14: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2017
hobermener:
Tell my boss i got a job offer that pays twice the current salary, with lotta fringe benefits.
Tell that sexy girl in the office she got a nice ass and I've always wanted to bleep her.
Tell my annoying colleagues I've got a better job and they can go fūck themselves.
guy u dey vex oooo
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by nemelu123(m): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Best thing to do man, #lion'sHeart
bukynkwuenu:
God knows I will work for no man.... #selfboss

but if I get caught up in that... believe me,i will come to work everyday n put up a good behavior till I am fired.....i will go around and say goodbye to my employer and colleagues....but I will smile although n won't show weakness

and brace up for a new start....n review my lesson from the old job
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by geebril(m): 8:58am On Jun 02, 2017
DJEhimond:
Will resign sharparly
Mightyraw:
Assassinate the manager,destroy all files that keep the record,
And start doing eye service for the ceo
tehinse1:
Resign honorable simple.
jaxxy:
I will burn d ship.
GodwinTobi:
I will set the office ablaze at night....
Lols... Wah if after doin all this stuffs, you find out it's April fool??

grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by ambgiano(m): 8:59am On Jun 02, 2017
Burn the computers. lemme see how the letter would be typed.
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by DJEhimond(m): 9:00am On Jun 02, 2017
geebril:

Lols... Wah if after doin all this stuffs, you find out it's April fool??
grin
Lolz OP says 'reliable information'
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:03am On Jun 02, 2017
Blow the fucking whistle
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by jaydcrak: 9:05am On Jun 02, 2017
It's a good thread and a good question, honestly for me live every day like you are gonna be sacked the next day, always find new opportunities so that when the sack comes you are not left bleeped up, and that you have an alternative to fall back on. Get active on Linkedin connect with HRs of similar industries through online platforms and most importantly have an enterpreneur's mindset. The honest truth is that, jobs are like women/men, the more options you create the more your present place finds you valuable, I am not asking you to cheat on your partner, but when you have many women/men friends your current partner sits up, because she/he wouldn't want to loose you to another lady/guy like her/him. I work for one of the biggest digital media company in Nigeria yet, I have an e-commerce platform where I aggregate shoemakers and connect them to folks who love made in Nigeria shoes via www.shoemart.ng; I also do other stuffs to make sure that I don't get hit by unplanned events.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by joe4real12: 9:15am On Jun 02, 2017
I will ambush the baggar grin

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by braining01: 9:20am On Jun 02, 2017
hobermener:

Dat's if u truly got one. Otherwise, u won't be able to walk in the street no more. LOL
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 02, 2017
Do nothing.

Leave on a high note.

Life will go on, even if it will be hard

Two months ago, we had to let a contract staff go. I did all i could to extend the guy's contract, but we had extended it at least three times before.

Our oga was unequivocal. We can't keep this guy any longer. So i called him, explained that it would be his last month. Dude was not happy, but he took it and worked to the end of the month. His output fell, as expected, but he left on a good note.

The same guy called me a month later. He had a new job at twice what we were paying him. Who had referred him to his new employer? My boss. The same boss who said we had to let the guy go. He recommended him highly.

You cannot always control events, but you can manage your reaction/response. That is more important in the long run.

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by Gideongreat(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2017
Start looking for a new job while boycotting ma present job
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by barrysome001: 9:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Pray that the proposed sack to be averted!
If it is not, then, God definitely has something better in store for me...
I will then get a backup of all my works in that organization, create unforgettable moments with my colleagues, mend all my loop holes and perhaps train a prospective successor for the job and then wait for my change to come!!!

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by northvietnam(m): 9:40am On Jun 02, 2017
timmirylex:
Don't you have a village? Contact them ASAP! They'll take it up from there grin

Oh Lawd, you just made me cry...

Lolzzzzzzzzz....
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by SeniorZato(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2017
I like this question cox i will definitely slap my boss. Pls hide my ID

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by tolexy123: 9:49am On Jun 02, 2017
simple, i'll just kill my boss grin grin grin grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by infogenius(m): 10:00am On Jun 02, 2017
Simple, i will work till I am officially fired.
The so called reliable source could be a bad belle
with false info just to stir up rebellion.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by encrypt(m): 11:04am On Jun 02, 2017
Edopesin:
As A Nigerian
If The Employer Is a Man i will try as much as possible to RECK the companys finances either by tiffing it or mismanagement

If Its A Woman ( even better )
I Go Drug And R*pe The Madafacker
A. Under no circumstance is rape funny or acceptable
B. Get therapy

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by Legolast: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2017
I will loot all their money i can and run away.
Re: What Would You Do If You Know You’ll Be Sacked Next Week? by ituglobal(m): 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
Honestly, where would I start from? Knowing full well the situation in Nigeria. may God help us!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Quotes To Inspire Great Teamwork. / Should I Change My Job? / Is ISPON A Recognized Institute?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.