Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video (9227 Views)

#lifeafterreturningstolenpublicfunds – Nigerian Twitter Users Taunt Rich Kids Of / Child slavery used for camel racing in UAE / Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by An0nimus: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2010
@u
if person de drive ruff come ya side.de dia de claim right,u hear?
@topic
too much grand tourismo,need for speed,burnout and grand theft auto nai de cause all dis rubbish.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 10:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
presido1:

Are you serious? grin grin grin

I have been to a few when I used to mod cars. smiley

http://www.safermotoring.co.uk/illegal-street-racing.html

Major supermarkets carpark like Sainsbury, open field, disused estate or sometimes a quite street are used . smiley
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2010
chosen04:

Poor judgement!

As at the last time i checked. The poor still had the right to stand/use the pedestrian part of the road

Poor judgment indeed!!!
Standing and watching people who obviously don't care about their own lives is what? Good judgement?
People no get sense again because they are poor?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by debosky(m): 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2010
Appalling video. The so called FRSC official had the guts to be making such idiotic excuses when lives are being lost?

What about the freaking police?? That driver probably killed at least two people for goodness sake - no arrests even with the entire thing on tape?

The patently foolish pedestrians also need to be locked up - the are obviously not sane enough to protect their own lives.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 11:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
debosky:

Appalling video. The so called FRSC official had the guts to be making such idiotic excuses when lives are being lost?

What about the freaking police?? That driver probably killed at least two people for goodness sake - no arrests even with the entire thing on tape?

The patently foolish pedestrians also need to be locked up - the are obviously not sane enough to protect their own lives.

Nigerians. . . Nigeria. . .Common sense. . . . Does not compute.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by TOPE20001(f): 11:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
Stupid rotten kids angry
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2010

Naa, they should stand there because they have the right to. Nonsense.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by transformR: 12:37am On Jan 19, 2010
debosky:

What about the freaking police?? That driver probably killed at least two people for goodness sake - [size=15pt]no arrests even with the entire thing on tape?[/size]

Senseless kids and future Mutallabs in the making cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by shotster50(m): 12:43am On Jan 19, 2010
Bunch of kids having fun, next,
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by tEsLim(m): 1:16am On Jan 19, 2010
Worst thing is that I waited till NTA played that stupid sound. Taught they would have changed it. And who is that talking over the video , poor broadcasting. They should employ professionals. Well maybe NTA pays 10k per month and can't afford real journalist
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 19, 2010
^^ maybe you'd prefer if the reporter had an American or British accent instead of a Nigerian one?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by henry101(m): 1:21am On Jan 19, 2010
Cow milk never finish 4 dis guyz body.
Can someone one tell them datz nt horse riding or polo.
It's a car OOOOOOO.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 19, 2010
I'm at a loss here.

How is joyriding or drifting or street car racing bad or illegal??

In the UK and US, Graffiti, joyriding or whatever it is called are forms of recreation recognised by the Govt.

There's an open field in Enfield currently being developed to cater to the demands of cars and Joyriding.
I live in one of the Home counties, and I know of a place where it is encouraged and properly policed.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by LeMoor(m): 4:48am On Jan 19, 2010
street racing is not legal anywhere in the world. drifting, racing or anything of the sort belongs in controlled environments.

With that said, i dont know who is more stupid, the fools who are actually racing, or those stupid enough to stand on the road and watch,

In the meantime. enjoy one of the best drifters the world has seen, yet, Ken block

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/KEN-BLOCK-GYMKHANA-TWO_685717.htm
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2010
OMO IBO:

I'm at a loss here.

How is joyriding or drifting or street car racing bad or illegal??

In the UK and US, Graffiti, joyriding or whatever it is called are forms of recreation recognised by the Govt.

There's an open field in Enfield currently being developed to cater to the demands of cars and Joyriding.
I live in one of the Home counties, and I know of a place where it is encouraged and properly policed.

Are you kidding me?

Street racing is illegal - It breaches several road and highway rules, it is also a contravention of various heath and safety laws.

Graffiti, while is recognised as a form of art, it is illegal to spray paint anywhere without permission. This amounts to criminal damage - carries a fine, jail term or both.

So tell me, how the heck are those legal?

The ones you are talking about are events put together by organisers etc. Police will not waste their time if it is not an organised event.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Are you kidding me?

Street racing is illegal - It breaches several road and highway rules, it is also a contravention of various heath and safety laws.

Graffiti, while is recognised as a form of art, it is illegal to spray paint anywhere without permission. This amounts to criminal damage - carries a fine, jail term or both.

So tell me, how the heck are those legal?

The ones you are talking about are events put together by organisers etc. Police will not waste their time if it is not an organised event.

Well, Obviously, it will be illegal if it is not recognized by the police and the council.

Fact is, Drifting, car racing, Graffiti are widely frowned upon but people, councils and police recognize it could help reduce crime.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 10:18am On Jan 19, 2010
OMO IBO:

Well, Obviously, it will be illegal if it is not recognized by the police and the council.

Fact is, Drifting, car racing, Graffiti are widely frowned upon but people, councils and police recognize it could help reduce crime.

Not always true. It can also encourage antisocial behaviours. Drugs, Gang issues, prostitution, alcohol et al could be easily become a problem as a result.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Not always true. It can also encourage antisocial behaviours. Drugs, Gang issues, prostitution, alcohol et al could be easily become a problem as a result.

Too right.
However, there must've been a reason for the police and council to co-sign to these forms of art.

I'm sure the pro's and con's were somehow weighed.
In Enfield alone drugs, alcohol and anti-social behaviours were on a high until the Police and council recognized they could be on to something positive if Drifting was encouraged.

I do not have the facts and figures but drifting, graffiti and other related forms of art are being recognised.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 10:40am On Jan 19, 2010
OMO IBO:

Too right.
However, there must've been a reason for the police and council to co-sign to these forms of art.

In Enfield alone drugs, alcohol and anti-social behaviours were on a high until the Police and council recognized they could be on to something positive if Drifting was encouraged.

I do not have the facts and figures but drifting, graffiti and other related forms of art are being recognised.

I suppose the government must be seen to be "in tune with the youth" so perhaps a reason? lol

Car racing/tuning et al is a big thing in the UK, there are dedicated magazine - Max Power, Jap Mod, Mental etc. So yeah, it is a big industry - if operating within the boundaries of the law.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by deor03(m): 10:51am On Jan 19, 2010
tpia.:

^^ maybe you'd prefer if the reporter had an American or British accent instead of a Nigerian one?

O la la,

Reminds me of ( Jacob Idehen, Beneibe Eseremo , NTA news grin)
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by FBS: 11:03am On Jan 19, 2010
Someone please tell me these mofos were arrested and charged with murder with all the evidence on tape?
Look at the FRSC man, smiling because he is on camera and acting like he is auditioning for the lead role?
And that girl saying she likes how the cars "spins" and that they are "safe" .
Don't these people have any regard for their own lives?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by abt(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2010
This is Sad.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by OyinlolaO(f): 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2010
if there's no law in the FCT then, ? these kids just killed people!! i cant shake it off arrgghh!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by duality(m): 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2010
arrest were made and it was shown on nta. besides this occurred long time ago. some time last year.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by FACE(m): 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2010
Too right.

@ Omo Ibo

You don't have a clue about Enfield. I live in Enfield and there is a special anti graffiti team in the council. There is no joy-riding facility being developed by Enfield , the ASBO level is not higher than the national average and graffiti offenders like the notorious "TOX" are being prosecuted throughout UK.

The police and road safety in Abuja looked the other way while senseless youngsters embarked on murderous adventures on public roads.

What if the UK encouraged such yobbish behaviour, would that make it right and worthy of emulation?

The information below is from Enfield Council's website.

Tackling graffiti
Graffiti is an offence by law, under the Criminal Damage Act 1971 and Anti Social Behaviour Act 2003.

Graffiti removal causes unsightly damage to the neighbourhood and removing it is an expensive and unnecessary cost. As such, we make every effort to prosecute offenders and prevent the crime from recurring.

Shop owners who sell aerosol spray cans to underage children will be prosecuted.
Those who report graffiti vandals can be rewarded up to £1,000, depending on whether the vandal is successfully prosecuted.
We share intelligence and evidence with agencies such as the police and British Transport Police.

http://www.enfield.gov.uk/info/584/vandalism-graffiti-reporting_and_removal/62/graffiti/2
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by lewa(m): 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2010
I read some quite disparaging comments which are too harsh.
I did same growing up in Naija almost 2-2 1/2 decades ago.
My parents were not rich.My guys and i just sneaked out with cars and
went speeding and screeching all over town "burning rubber".
We were teenagers with plenty of time on our hands,period.
However for these guys safety precautions for the bystanders must be a must.
RIP Gboyega Okubanjo, Bobo Eluwa-you guys rocked,
Those were the good days, no worries,no stress,no Yar'adua
when middle class was middle class.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by oluite(f): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2010
Still happens.
Power Bikes Race
Venue:In front of ceddi plaza.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Cogito(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2010
Abeg, this is brilliant. What needs to be done now is for it to be regulated. Clearly, from the crash in the video, standing on the sides of the road is not safe for watching these guys do their thing. The rich people participating in this thing should invest in building a race track in Abuja somewhere where things can be done in an organised fashion. If anything, this video proves that there is a market for this kind of thing in Naija.
Seriously, imagine the possiblities,
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by citizenY(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2010
These guys and their parents should find more convenient places to mast.urbate their
egos after stealing us blind. I am surprised the FRSC could even condone this. I expect
them to use this video footage to make arrests and prosecution for traffic offences.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by heilige(m): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2010
We can see the aromental arrogant northerns who encourage thier kids to risk other peoples life. They bring the kids up making them believe that they are untouchables. This attitudes make them become Abdulmuttalibs of tomorrow
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2010
Whether what they are doing is legal or not is not even my beef with these dry bones, my concern is with those slowpokes spectatators that are putting their lives at risk.

If those silly rich boys get involve in an accident, their parents can fly them overseas for medicals, am not sure those poor spectators can receive such overseas medical treatment.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2010
FACE, in your attempts to dispute my comments and then make some sense, you only succeeded in showing that you really did not read my comments.

I never at any time said Enfield encouraged Graffiti. Rather what I said is this:

I am very certain about the above because I have visited the site. I have also had the opportunity of speaking to a Ponders End official and a Police Sergeant in charge of the Enfield Community Development.
I have intentionally left the names out for anonymity. If you insist, i cant post it including their contacts.

If you know Enfield very well, you'd notice that there's an open field close to Halfords.
This is where the council and the Police are trying to develop.

Again, if you read my comments correctly, you'd notice you directly or indirectly agreed with me with regards to Graffiti.
Let me re-iterate, there is/are no graffiti site(S) in Enfield but i'm sure i've seen one somewhere in London. . . .  .although
3-4 yrs ago - the police and council are also aware of this cos it is in the open.

Lastly, Graffiti and other forms of art may not be lawful but some councils have realised that if embrassed, could help reduce crime.

CAPICE!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji - My Commissioners, Permanent Secretaries Are Rogues / Ikpeazu Wins PDP Governorship Primaries In Abia State / Alleged Nigeria Police Strike Action Is Fake News - NPF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.