Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video (9228 Views)

#lifeafterreturningstolenpublicfunds – Nigerian Twitter Users Taunt Rich Kids Of / Child slavery used for camel racing in UAE / Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ezeagu(m): 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ehen, now this is what Abuja was made for, a rich mans city where you don't have to worry about those silly smelly Lagos beggars. wink
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by LordReed(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2010
Went by that place on Sunday and saw FRSC out there n I was wondering why they were there. Now I know.

And to think that I wanted to organise a street racing event.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by unban190: 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2010
was there live it was fun

i think imma hit there this week end with my yaris~
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by platinumnk(f): 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2010
smh
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by FACE(m): 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2010
OMO IBO:

FACE, in your attempts to dispute my comments and then make some sense, you only succeeded in showing that you really did not read my comments.

I never at any time said Enfield encouraged Graffiti. Rather what I said is this:
I am very certain about the above because I have visited the site. I have also had the opportunity of speaking to a Ponders End official and a Police Sergeant in charge of the Enfield Community Development.
I have intentionally left the names out for anonymity. If you insist, i cant post it including their contacts.

If you know Enfield very well, you'd notice that there's an open field close to Halfords.
This is where the council and the Police are trying to develop.

Again, if you read my comments correctly, you'd notice you directly or indirectly agreed with me with regards to Graffiti.
Let me re-iterate, there is/are no graffiti site(S) in Enfield but i'm sure i've seen one somewhere in London. . . . .although
3-4 yrs ago - the police and council are also aware of this cos it is in the open.

Lastly, Graffiti and other forms of art may not be lawful but some councils have realised that if embrassed, could help reduce crime.

CAPICE!

Sorry I misunderstood ur original view on graffiti. I agree with most of what you said here.

Ofcourse, I know Enfield like the back of my hand and I do get involved with council community works.

The only open space close to Halfords in Enfield business Park is Enfield Playing Fields with about 22 football pitches where I go to tap some footy every other sunday. Behind Halford is British Car Auctions and the adjacent land belongs to them.

I am unaware of any joyriding development around the area, however there is a new ongoing go-cart development in Lea Valley in Enfield. Maybe you should ask your friend again.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by activities: 12:32am On Jan 20, 2010
Pls .This is an eyesore and the organizers of this type of show in Nigeria should be arrested and prosecuted.
My reasons are:
1.Did the organizers have any paramedic or any ambulance that will take those poor innocents kids that were hit by one the drivers in the so called show?
2. Did the organizers have any insurance of any kind for any the poor innocent kids who have been disabled or even killed in that show?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by maxtop(m): 11:40am On Jan 20, 2010
Law makers are the law breakers,
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by carino: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2010
OH Lord my God did anyone see one of the cars killin a group of people it crashed into. INTERESTINg but dangerous
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by DoubleN(m): 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
cry cry I weep for this Nation!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Devonian(m): 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
Amongst other things, this proves that we're still very, very barbaric as a nation. Imagine the comments made by the FRSC Boss. In the developed world, plate numbers of those cars would be taken, car owners traced (and if they weren't driving when filmed, they would have to produce the drivers) and the drivers prosecuted for dangerous driving. This cannot, simply be taken for car racing. In fact, if the car that ran into the crowd of onlookers/pedestrians, injured or killed anyone, the driver, in the developed world would have to cool his/her feet in jail. But Nigeria is a Banana republic. What happened to those drivers? Nothing, I guess!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by omomakun: 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2010
They are so stupid, its because they've watched Fast & Furious too many times that's why they think they are "something". See the cars they are using sef, so stupid. I hope it comes to an end soon 'cos this is absolute FOOLISHNESS!!!!!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ezeagu(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2010
carino:

OH Lord my God did anyone see one of the cars killin a group of people it crashed into. INTERESTINg but dangerous

Those people were not killed, they were minced.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ezeagu(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2010
And were those body parts flying around the place?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by eastOFwest(m): 3:20am On Jan 21, 2010
"Body parts flying about". That video brought back some very bad memories.

Years ago in 9ja when I was still in UNI, I was driving a car at top speed when two of the tyres exploded (those were the days of tubed tyres). Car spun outta control and mowed down a bunch of people with body parts flying about. 5 people died on the spot and 1 later. They all belonged to the same family. They were what some people refer to in Nigeria as 'nobodies' (let me stress here that this is not my personal opinion). I was lucky enough to have my seatbelt on.

Point is, I was gutted and thought I was gonna go to jail. However, after the police met my dad (, & we are not super rich!), they assured me that nothing was gonna happen (although I found this difficult to believe at the time). I went home that same day and the bereaved family were eventually compensated financially and the police too.

Bottom line is, body parts may fly around as much as they like. So long as the body parts don't belong to 'somebody', nobody cares! Very sad, but very true!!!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by kpolli(m): 11:38am On Jan 21, 2010
see beef
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by sledge406: 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2010
OK, we shud get some facts right and not judge wit d little we see here. Dese stuffs no longer happen as has been stopped since late last year after d said sad event of d death of the unlucky bystander which I happened to witness first hand (twas directly in front of me).

Correct d impression and stop hating on d muslims or northerners besides not everyone in Abuja is a northerner neither the fellows who indugle in d drifiting. I can bet wit half d lives of many of u speaking harshly in here, if u had d opportunity to watch jst one very good drift, u'd neva want to see it end. It got so interesting dat everyone wanted to indulge in it and I mean taxi drivers wud drive pass and test deir skills, someone driving home wud also test his skills not minding d condition of his car.

I agree with you who said tis bad journalism and even d so called NTA went dere for d fun of it till d accident happened and dey changed d whole story (SUCK dem all). Many of dese bystanders were warned seriously before d stunt was made but cos dey want a full clip of it in deir fones and cam coders, dey paid deaf ears and dat was d result dat day. Fender to legs and bodies on d floor (Not instant death sha).

What I wanna really bring out is dat u don't need be rich to have all d fun as many of u assume and you can also bet dat if some of dese antagonist had d privilege, they wud do worse and SUCK d law.

Stop cursing on Naija wen one thing happens as things like dese happen everywhere. Google dem out or Youtube dem for videos and u'll see much more dan u bargained for and if u want see some wonderful drifts, I fit forward u some of d old videos wen I get wink cheesy grin cool
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by eastOFwest(m): 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
sledge406:

OK, we shud get some facts right and not judge wit d little we see here. Dese stuffs no longer happen as has been stopped since late last year after d said sad event of d death of the unlucky bystander which I happened to witness first hand (twas directly in front of me).

Correct d impression and stop hating on d muslims or northerners besides not everyone in Abuja is a northerner neither the fellows who indugle in d drifiting. I can bet wit half d lives of many of u speaking harshly in here, if u had d opportunity to watch jst one very good drift, u'd neva want to see it end. It got so interesting dat everyone wanted to indulge in it and I mean taxi drivers wud drive pass and test deir skills, someone driving home wud also test his skills not minding d condition of his car.

I agree with you who said tis bad journalism and even d so called NTA went dere for d fun of it till d accident happened and dey changed d whole story (SUCK dem all). Many of dese bystanders were warned seriously before d stunt was made but cos dey want a full clip of it in deir fones and cam coders, dey paid deaf ears and dat was d result dat day. Fender to legs and bodies on d floor (Not instant death sha).

What I wanna really bring out is dat u don't need be rich to have all d fun as many of u assume and you can also bet dat if some of dese antagonist had d privilege, they wud do worse and SUCK d law.

Stop cursing on Naija wen one thing happens as things like dese happen everywhere. Google dem out or Youtube dem for videos and u'll see much more dan u bargained for and if u want see some wonderful drifts, I fit forward u some of d old videos wen I get wink cheesy grin cool

Hit me!!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by sledge406: 2:50am On Jan 23, 2010
^ On d shoulder

How do we go abt it den
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by geometry(m): 3:26am On Jan 23, 2010
i love speed,so i enjoy it. and as much as i would like to be involved in a car race debut in nigeria,if any is to take place anyway,not a stupid event that is going in abuja will entice me, can u imaging people getting smashed onto a wall by a racing[strayed] jalopy in that picture.!, not in my wildest imagination would i expect such nonsense happening in nigeria.somewhere else ,at least,people are sure of a standby medical facility before xposing themselves to such danger.

as for me ,speed racing should be restricted to your computer and not real life! ahaaah, !
well maybe both the spectator and the criminals calling themselves racers[, my foot] forgot they are in nigeria.

it still bothers my mind, honestly,
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by geometry(m): 3:37am On Jan 23, 2010
sledge, 406. i wish i got your nick right,
hit me too.
i need some proof that not only in abuja people are stupid.

i beg ,get me some visual, from elsewhere , that outwits that abuja's madness.
haba!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by geometry(m): 3:42am On Jan 23, 2010
weep not child
remember that literature book
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by paddylo1(m): 3:49am On Jan 23, 2010
u guys stop hating. .
let the kids joyride. . .lifes short
where will u all be in 50yrs with all your hating
well we all know,6ft under
so whats d point?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by geometry(m): 3:52am On Jan 23, 2010
FACE and Omo Ibo , uum.uh, um, na wa for the two of una!?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ayettymama(f): 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2010
im pretty sure omo igbo just googled enfield on the internet!

where did u hear enfield is developing for streetracing??

do enfield council look like they have time for trash??

abeg abeg talk abt the village u no

nowhere in this country is drugs graffiti and on street racing legal or encouraged

it mite be overlooked dont get me wrong, but neva encourage

ESPECIALLY on major roads

can u imagine thats a big tunnel in abuja??

how did people start racing there?? this is selling fish on train tracks all over again!!!

no respect for organisation, no police enforcement

'enemies of progress' abuja style!!!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by lastpage: 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2010
There was a time when dogs eat other dogs but the current dogs have evolve to become the cuddly dogs we keep as pet now
I've watched animals eat other animals, even crabs but crabs only eat a "dead crab"!

I think te dogs of those early days (and crabs) have evolved much better than the people in that video.

Even God that labored to create humans (and the mothers that carried the pregnancy of those mauled by that driver) will be at ease to understand what happened.
Am still gutted. sad angry angry
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by unban190: 6:50am On Jan 24, 2010
2day is street racing,i'll be ther wit my yaris for mine
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by sledge406: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2010
Geometry,

Stop all dese hating and probably u aint heard dis "WHO NOR GO, NOR KNOW and WHO NOR KNOW neva wan GO". Go to youtube and search for drifters and car stunts in d search bar. Den u'd see more of wat u stylichly gbadun.

How do u expect dem to provide barricades and d lots wen dey aint sponsors nor peeps paying gate pass to watch.

Dese are people who burn dier tyre cheesy for our viewing pleasure all in d name of stunt and we tend to be more interested in d car crashes (Wat u'd neva see on STUPID Nollywood---fakers). Anyways, u can't go to a club and not expect security tight unlike dis case which is free for all. Whatever u see, u take but if u're sensible, u look for a comfort zone to stay whilst enjoying all d thrills.

To me d stupid folks are dose who car crash and dose standing to close to d action then again, wat is life and fun without some of dese errors

Wen I'm chanced, I jst might upload an 8-12 minutes editted video compilation dat I've got lying here in my computer.

@OP; u're damn too stupid to have placed jst dis clip of all d joy rides dat were done in dat tunnel beside Ceddi Plaza. Next tym get more positivties dan negativity.

@Unban190: Nothing do u jare but watch out for d PO-PO cos dem nor get joy and nor let dem yaris-jam u from behind wink
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by DrKnow1(m): 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2010
paddy_lo:

u guys stop hating. .
let the kids joyride. . .lifes short
where will u all be in 50yrs with all your hating
well we all know,6ft under
so whats d point?

Not when innocent poor kids are being maimed or killed
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Dizzy001(m): 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2010
what cars did they use there ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief / Insurgency War Won, Buratai Declares / See The Girl That Told Them The Address Of Tinubu In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.