Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Guaranty Trust Bank Is Killing My Phone With SMS Alert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guaranty Trust Bank Is Killing My Phone With SMS Alert (379 Views)

CBN Licences Titan Trust Bank, TAJ Bank And Globus Bank / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" / CBN Makes SMS Alert Mandatory For All Account Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guaranty Trust Bank Is Killing My Phone With SMS Alert by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
I will really like if this can be pushed to front page. This post is not about poverty or selfishness. What is fraud is fraud & if we all continue to be calm about this ripped off by Guaranty Trust Bank (Arm robbers in suite ) This stealing will continue. For obvious reason some months ago, I decided to deactivate my sms alert service having been charged up huge fee for SMS charged for transaction not up to 5..The trick is SMS keep coming continuously every other day for transaction that has since completed . Sometimes 20, 70, 30, 50 daily & you multiply by 20 naira 5 days a week.
For a single transfer I did today, I have received more than 20 SMS alert and tomorrow it may be 20. This is the trick GTB use every time to have your account suffer huge debit alert charge monthly. They sent just one to my email & that was it

Is this the new way to make billions by Nigeria banks. It took me 8 complaints before they could stop the alert then.

First bank no dey do me this.
Re: Guaranty Trust Bank Is Killing My Phone With SMS Alert by Gentlevin: 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
eee777:
I will really like if this can be pushed to front page. This post is not about poverty or selfishness. What is fraud is fraud & if we all continue to be calm about this ripped off by Guaranty Trust Bank (Arm robbers in suite ) This stealing will continue. For obvious reason some months ago, I decided to deactivate my sms alert service having been charged up huge fee for SMS charged for transaction not up to 5..The trick is SMS keep coming continuously every other day for transaction that has since completed . Sometimes 20, 70, 30, 50 daily & you multiply by 20 naira 5 days a week.
For a single transfer I did today, I have received more than 20 SMS alert and tomorrow it may be 20. This is the trick GTB use every time to have your account suffer huge debit alert charge monthly. They sent just one to my email & that was it

Is this the new way to make billions by Nigeria banks. It took me 8 complaints before they could stop the alert then.

First bank no dey do me this.
Bro Gtb suddenly sent me sms saying that 64naira has been deducted for sms alerts for the months of April and May 2017. I vex enter their bank the next day cos i never subscribed for sms alerts. But the customer babe said that the CBn policy states that all customers should receive alerts and as such gtb automatically activated sms alerts for all customers. This is really a new way for banks to make more money. But she said something about indemnity letter but annoyance no let me hear i just vex go.

(1) (Reply)

Fix Bureaucracy To Attract More Investors—elumelu Tasks FG / Dangote Plans To Invest $4.6bn In Agriculture To Help nations economy- readmore / Sterling Bank Under Fire For Rejecting National Identification Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.