Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,768 members, 7,855,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 05:19 PM

Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More (29983 Views)

Buhari & Joshua Gin Looking At A Rifle Seized From Biafran Soldiers In Awka 1969 / Anti-Igbo Song Calling For Genocide In Circulation In Northern Nigeria - Group / Picture Of When Biafran Soldiers Executed Nigerian Soldiers During The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 08, 2019
I am an unrepentant Igbo bigot. I see nothing in apologizing to those minorities because all they are saying are false.

I am proud of my Igbo heritage and my 5 South Eastern states. MBAISE alone is greater than the whole Niger Delta republic.

Igbo Amaka

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 3:46am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

By the way who termed them eastern minorities? Why didn't these Eastern minorities identify themselves as minorities when they were kidnapping Igbo slaves?

One thing for sure is that all these Minorities have this fear of Igbo DOMINATION. Why having Igbophobia? Is it because Igbos are DOMINATING everything peacefully? I don't know your problem. We Igbos are proud of our 5 South Eastern states. So why bringing these Issues up again? I am beginning to hate all these minorities. If you want to be Biafran, good! If you don't, Bleep off and form your nation and let's see who will propser the most?

You guys are the first people that laid claim to their land. The eastern region first connived with the Fulani overlords to deny Adaka Boro the secession of the Niger Delta from the then eastern region. They made sure he ended up in the gallows.

Kanu also keep lumping them into Biafra by drawing a map with the minorities in it. Rubbish, what do you mean by domination? Is it because of the numbers? Do you want them to forget their history and look away from the atrocities the Igbos committed against them?

They can stand on their own, you can have your Biafra and stop trying to project the narrative that the minorities are inferior to the Igbos. Take your Biafra to your 5 landlocked states and let the minorities chart their own path. Respect them and stop trying to frame them to be the devil or ingrate coz they don’t owe you any sh*t!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 3:49am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

You guys are the first people that laid claim to their land. The eastern region first connived with the Fulani overlords to deny Adaka Boro the secession of the Niger Delta from the then eastern region. They made sure he ended up in the gallows.

Kanu also keep lumping then into Biafra by drawing a map with the minorities in it. Rubbish, what do you mean by domination? Is it because of the numbers? Do you want them to forget their history and look away from the atrocities the Igbos committed against them?

They can stand on their own, you can have your Biafra and stop trying to project the narrative that the minorities are inferior to the Igbos. Take you Biafra to your 5 landlocked states and let the minorities chart their own path. Respect them and stop trying to frame them to be the devil or ingrate coz they don’t owe you any sh*t!

Boro is never a hero. That UNN cultist who wanted to form NDR. You are wrong. Boro rather connived with the Nigerian army to kill Biafrans. But later, who later killed him? Adekunle Benjamin. After all his ranting, NDR didn't come to pass

1 Like

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

Kanu also keep lumping them into Biafra by drawing a map with the minorities in it. Rubbish, what do you mean by domination? Is it because of the numbers? Do you want them to forget their history and look away from the atrocities the Igbos committed against them?

They can stand on their own, you can have your Biafra and stop trying to project the narrative that the minorities are inferior to the Igbos. Take your Biafra to your 5 landlocked states and let the minorities chart their own path. Respect them and stop trying to frame them to be the devil or ingrate coz they don’t owe you any sh*t!

One thing I hate about you guys is that you feel big and proud when you say "... minorities are not Biafrans..."

I have said it. I don't look at you guys as Biafrans. Even in your NDR, Akwa ibom and cross river don't wanna be part of it. They formed their own nation AKWA-CROSS already.
The era of forcing you guys into BIAFRA has gone. We, the most Superior race, won't stoop so low to you. Never!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

Which Igbos committed Atrocities against you? Oh! You meant the Calabar killings? Well, I already proved it's a lie. So whats your point? Even Asari Dokobu debunked that claim last year. Y'all and propagandas.
That was how you claimed Igbos want your oil whereas North and west are the ones stealing it. Idiots with low IQ.
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 4:10am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

Which Igbos committed Atrocities against you? Oh! You meant the Calabar killings? Well, I already proved it's a lie. So whats your point? Even Asari Dokobu debunked that claim last year. Y'all and propagandas.
That was how you claimed Igbos want your oil whereas North and west are the ones stealing it. Idiots with low IQ.

First Calabar killing is not a lie, it’s a public knowledge and your version of the lie cannot overshadow the truth. Who is Asari and what is his antecedent to deny a self evident truth? Do you think people online are propagandist without no iota of historical facts?

To correct you, I am full bloodied Yoruba. I just commented on the thread for the sake of correcting some of your assertion. You’re calling the minorities low IQ but the person with sub-optimal brain here is you coz you’ve not brought out any verifiable evidence to deny the atrocities of the Biafran soldiers in Calabar.

Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

First Calabar killing is not a lie, it’s a public knowledge and your version of the lie cannot overshadow the truth. Who is Asari and what is his antecedent to deny a self evident truth? Do you think people online are propagandist without no iota of historical facts?

To correct you, I am full bloodied Yoruba. I just commented on the thread for the sake of correcting some of your assertion. You’re calling the minorities low IQ but the person with sub-optimal brain here is you coz you’ve not brought out any verifiable evidence to deny the atrocities of the Biafran soldiers in Calabar.

Rubbish!

What about the fact that those minorities killed Igbos in PH before seizing their Properties which they never returned back?

My brother, nothing can make me accept that propaganda because I know it isn't true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

Rubbish!

Read my initial comment on this issue. Nonsense. Even Lt. Effiong and his son never said anything of such that Biafrans killed minorities. If Biafrans were killing minorities, why didn't Effiong react? Just like how Northerners were killing Igbos, Ojukwu reacted but if Biafrans killed Effiong, why didn't he react like how Ojukwu did for his people?
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 4:36am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

What about the fact that those minorities killed Igbos in PH before seizing their Properties which they never returned back?

My brother, nothing can make me accept that propaganda because I know it isn't true.

Rid yourself of the spirit of whataboutism, because the past is awry dosen’t negate that it happened. You can’t re-write past history to erase the many atrocities of the Igbos against the minorities. They are well documented historical fact and no amount of false narrative can change the fact.

Did they also seize the Igbos properties, yes and I ain’t denying that. But the issue of discourse is the Calabar topic which you’ve been trying to deny.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 08, 2019
Proudly Igbo proudly Biafran.

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Kpoikpoi: 4:40am On Nov 08, 2019
aysnoopy:
someone to summarize it
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 4:41am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

Read my initial comment on this issue. Nonsense. Even Lt. Effiong and his son never said anything of such that Biafrans killed minorities. If Biafrans were killing minorities, why didn't Effiong react? Just like how Northerners were killing Igbos, Ojukwu reacted but if Biafrans killed Effiong, why didn't he react like how Ojukwu did for his people?

Did you know a Yoruba man was the one that led the Biafran troops to Ore? In war, soldiers swear allegiance to the flag of any country they are fighting for. Col. Banjo was fighting on the Biafran side and even willing to invade Yoruba land which is the land of his ancestors.

Because Effiong is a minority tribe dosen’t give him any audacity to question Ojukwu’s order. Isn’t it the same Ojukwu that is fond of executing his generals if he thought they defied his order? Will you absolve Ojukwu the blame of killing his generals? Who then is Effiong to question the General Ojukwu if he’s given a direct order?

Accept your past history, you cannot change a self evident truth.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

Rid yourself of the spirit of whataboutism, because the past is awry dosen’t negate that it happened. You can’t re-write past history to erase the many atrocities of the Igbos against the minorities. They are well documented historical fact and no amount of false narrative can change the fact.

Did they also seize the Igbos properties, yes and I ain’t denying that. But the issue of discourse is the zoo’s topic which you’ve been trying to deny.

You guys haven't given enough evidence that we killed them. You only listen to what your parents tell you. Ask Ijaws what they did to Igbos in PH. They killed them and took their Properties. Ask the Warris what they did to Igbos, they killed Igbos and looted their shops and businesses.

I find the killings of Calabars by Biafrans a bogus propaganda
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Kpoikpoi: 4:42am On Nov 08, 2019
That's exactly what I've been saying, now they are back with the same Biafra rubbish again, this time we will deal with them.
Any Ibibio or Efik person advocating for Biafra should be castrated.
Enough of this Igbo rubbish, they should never come near us again.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 4:45am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

You guys haven't given enough evidence that we killed them. You only listen to what your parents tell you. Ask Ijaws what they did to Igbos in PH. They killed them and took their Properties. Ask the Warris what they did to Igbos, they killed Igbos and looted their shops and businesses.

I find the killings of Calabars by Biafrans a bogus propaganda

The Sh*t ain’t propaganda bro, it’s the truth.

Again I’m Yoruba, I’ve told you this before so address me as one.

The Igbos will be the first to commit a sin and will continue to blame people for retaliating.

You murdered the premier of other regions, they retaliated by killing scores of you and you come back to cry blue murder like innocents.

You frame Adaka Boro, massacred the Calabar people, and other atrocities and yet you turn around to blame them for taking possession of your belongings after the war? Should they have given you pizza and Fish for what you did to them?

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

The Sh*t ain’t propaganda bro, it’s the truth.

Again I’m Yoruba, I’ve told you this before so address me as one.

The Igbos will be the first to commit a sin and will continue to blame people for retaliating.

You murdered the premier of other regions, they retaliated by killing scores of you and you come back to cry blue murder like innocents.

You frame Adaka Boro, massacred the Calabar people, and other atrocities and yet you turn around to blame them for taking possession of your belongings after the war? Should they have given you pizza and Fish for what you did to them?

You see y'all are dumb.

What about the killings of Igbos in 1945 and 1953? Were these killings a form of revenge for the 1966 coup?

The alleged Igbo coup only killed 11 non Igbos, you killed 300 Igbo officers in the counter coup. That settles everything. It's now a fair game. But why would you still go ahead to kill 100000 Igbos again in the North after the counter coup? These 100000 Igbos knew nothing. Who is the devil here?

There was once a coup in Ghana, the government didn't kill any civilian but rather arrested the coup plotters. Why was Nigeria own different?

Again, subsequent coup took place in Nigeria after 1970, there was a coup planned mostly by fulanis, why didn't you guys conduct a genocide on fulanis as you did to the Igbos of 1966? One Nigeria?

Y'all claim it's Igbo coup. The leader of the Igbo coup was Chukwuma Ezeogwu (from Okpanam Delta state; an Anioma man). I thought you guys said ANIOMAS are not Igbos but you tagged Chukwuma as Igbo. Hypocritic! Most of the coup plotters were of mid western Igbo
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 08, 2019
Stop using "...I'm Yoruba..." to sweeten your arguments bro
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 4:57am On Nov 08, 2019
The only thing uniting these minorities to form NDR is OIL. Let them acheive their NDR and see how Ijaws will fight our Ikwerres over land, Ibiobios will fight Ogonis, etc
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 4:59am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

You see y'all are dumb.

What about the killings of Igbos in 1945 and 1953? Were these killings a form of revenge for the 1966 coup?

[b]The alleged Igbo coup only killed 11 non Igbos, you killed 300 Igbo officers in the counter coup. [/b]That settles everything. It's now a fair game. But why would you still go ahead to kill 100000 Igbos again in the North after the counter coup? These 100000 Igbos knew nothing. Who is the devil here?

There was once a coup in Ghana, the government didn't kill any civilian but rather arrested the coup plotters. Why was Nigeria own different?

Again, subsequent coup took place in Nigeria after 1970, there was a coup planned mostly by fulanis, why didn't you guys conduct a genocide on fulanis as you did to the Igbos of 1966? One Nigeria?

Y'all claim it's Igbo coup. The leader of the Igbo coup was Chukwuma Ezeogwu (from Okpanam Delta state; an Anioma man). I thought you guys said ANIOMAS are not Igbos but you tagged Chukwuma as Igbo. Hypocritic! Most of the coup plotters were of mid western Igbo

Bro that Sh*t don’t work like that. You don’t dictate how your enemy will revenge or how people should react to confrontation. In sociology some people are in the upper value chain and infact technically men are not equal!

You killed the Saraduana, Tafawa Balewa, Akintola and you think these guys are just a nobody where you can quantify the death with numbers? Do you think it’s a scores game where you kill 3 and the enemy kill back 3 like its some sort of proportionality law!

The other coup after that are not ethnic motivated and infact I think there’s only one coup that was bloody after that and that is Muritala coup. No other coup after those two were bloody and ethnically motivated you can correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 08, 2019
Good night. Our arguments will continue in the afternoon, if you still prove to be a stubborn headed human being. Nonsense.
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 5:02am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:
Good night. Our arguments will continue in the afternoon, if you still prove to be a stubborn headed human being. Nonsense.

Goodnight bro!
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro that Sh*t don’t work like that. You don’t dictate how your enemy will revenge or how people should react to confrontation. I’m sociology some people are in the upper value chain and infact technically man are not equal!

You killed the Saraduana, Tafawa Balewa, Akintola and you think these guys are just a nobody where you can quantify the death with numbers? Do you think it’s a scores game where you kill 3 and the enemy kill back 3 like its some sort of proportionality law!

The other coup after that are not ethnic motivated and infact I think there’s only one coup that was bloody after that and that is Muritala coup. No other coup after those two were bloody and ethnically motivated you can correct me if I’m wrong.

The last time I checked the Action Group leader was very happy that the Akintola and his group has been killed because they wanted to plan a jihad on 17/01/1966. If not for that 15th Jan coup, millions of Yorubas would have lost their lives in a Jihad. Ask Ademoyega about this. Ask Col Nwobosi about this. Watch his video.
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 5:06am On Nov 08, 2019
To be frank, Igbos are busy bodies and they don't mind their business. Igbos won't have reacted. Let the west face the jihad. But Igbos for the sake of humanity reacted. Even Northerners praised that coup for their gallant attitude towards bad government.

Better thank the Igbos if not you would have been bearing Saheed by now
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro that Sh*t don’t work like that. You don’t dictate how your enemy will revenge or how people should react to confrontation. In sociology some people are in the upper value chain and infact technically men are not equal!

Agreed. What Chukwuma Ezeogwu did was out of sense but it was inevitable. If he didn't strike, millions of westerners would have been dead.
We killed your leaders, a counter coup killed us in hundreds. Good! That settles everything. Why would you still kill civilians?
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 5:08am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

The last time I checked the Action Group leader was very happy that the Akintola and his group has been killed because they wanted to plan a jihad on 17/01/1966. If not for that 15th Jan coup, millions of Yorubas would have lost their lives in a Jihad. Ask Ademoyega about this. Ask Col Nwobosi about this. Watch his video.

Lol. Jihad my foot. You mean the Yorubas that have been living peacefully together since 16th century when islam first got to Oyo ile through the 18th century when Christianity got here are planning jihad to exterminate their fellow Yorubas?

Why is it that since 1966 no Jihad ever rear its head in the Yoruba nation based on your warped thinking. The Yorubas believe in the ideology of Yoruba first before religion and we are the only tribe that have learnt to tame the toxicity of religious differences in Nigeria.

Please never even try to push the ideology of a divided Yoruba, and stop disgracing yourself online by saying the Yorubas are planning to exterminate their own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 08, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol. Jihad my foot. You mean the Yorubas that have been living peacefully together since 16th century when islam first got to Oyo ile through the 18th century when Christianity got here are planning jihad to exterminate their fellow Yorubas?

Why is it that since 1966 no Jihad ever rear its head in the Yoruba nation based on your warped thinking. The Yorubas believe in the ideology of Yoruba first before religion and we are the only tribe that have learnt to tame the toxicity of religious differences in Nigeria.

Please never even try to push the ideology of a divided Yoruba, and stop disgracing yourself online by saying the Yorubas are planning to exterminate their own.

What happened to Afonja? Fulanis conquered ilorin in the 18s, and made everyone islamised. They didn't complete their plan. Their plan was to islamize the whole west then the east will follow.
That 17/01/1966 was the day fulanis wanted to finish what they had started from ilorin.
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by LegendHero(m): 5:16am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

What happened to Afonja? Fulanis conquered ilorin in the 18s, and made everyone islamised. They didn't complete their plan. Their plan was to islamize the whole west then the east will follow.
That 17/01/1966 was the day fulanis wanted to finish what they had started from ilorin.

Lol, you these guys with little knowledge of history. The Yoruba was Muslim even before the coming of the fulanis. Infact the first most was built in 1750 in Oyo Ile, so what the bleep are you talking about?

The Ibadan soldiers defeated the fulanis when they tried expanding inward and the Ilorin of today was just an imperial outpost of the Oyo empire. There are other tribes in Ilorin cohabiting there during those period and that was part of what made the takeover a success.

I ain’t here to discuss the issue of Ilorin or its history so stop diverting the issue of discourse.

Pay attention!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Tobichimezie: 5:17am On Nov 08, 2019
There might have been killings of Eastern minorities in the Calabar sector and other non-Igbo areas by Biafran troops, but on what scale? have this claims of "genocide" been widly corroborated with evidence by credible sources (foreign correspondent and reports, witnesses, sites and locations of supposed massacres, accounts told by those that survived it or their generations). But there are indeed evidence from countless books, journals, reports and other unbiased outlets available even on the internet database of terrible massacres of minorities especially the Annang and Efiks by the invading Federal troops of the Third Marine Commandos.
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by 7lives: 7:13am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

Nothing wey man no go read for nairaland, Akintola wanted to plan a Jihad?, Akintola an Aare onakakanfo of Yorubaland, who's name is SAMUEL planned a Jihad?.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by UCyril: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2019
[quote author=LegendHero post=83836668]

They can stand on their own, you can have your Biafra and stop trying to project the narrative that the minorities are inferior to the Igbos. Take your Biafra to your 5 landlocked states and let the minorities chart their own path. Respect them and stop trying to frame them to be the devil or ingrate coz they don’t owe you any sh*t![/quote.

They problems with people like you is that you fail to believe or understand that there re Igbo's in south south. No reasonable Igbo man wants Biafra with minorities, we want Biafra that includes all Igbo speaking communities including bonny and opobo.
Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by Yujin(m): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2019
Lol. Look at trolls and impostors chatting with the aim to deceive innocent viewers by passing on a wrong directive. I won't waste my time on such a useless thread. I'll just clarify this for those who are out for the most plausible on Biafran emergence. Worst comes to worst, Biafra will be made up of Igboland only which is bigger than the five SE states. Nothing will stop that. Only deluded folks will be about Biafra being only the five SE states created by the same evil Nigerian government which wishes nothing good for my people. As for the southern minorities, they will have three options with two being most plausible which are; either join Biafra or remain in Nigeria. Forming a Niger Delta country will be very difficult due the diverse histories they have which will be an obstacle to forming a common front. I say things the way I see them. All I wish for all is equity and justice.
Finally, death to all enemies of Ndigbo and Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Soldiers Killed Thousands: The Genocide In Calabar & More by iSlayer: 10:00am On Nov 08, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:
The only thing uniting these minorities to form NDR is OIL. Let them acheive their NDR and see how Ijaws will fight our Ikwerres over land, Ibiobios will fight Ogonis, etc

That is none of our business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Presidency Hits Obasanjo Over Buhari’s Visit To U.S. / Kelechi Nwakali Visits Emeka Ihedioha, Imo State Governor-Elect / Naphtali Kefas Is Dead! Taraba Commissioner Dies After Brief Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.