Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? (784 Views)

A School Bus Without Back Window Spotted On The Road, Pupils Pose In Style / Is Education Really The Key? / Government Of China Ministry Of Commerce Academic Education Scholarship Program, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 03, 2017
Happy weekend friends, this thread is inspired by an earlier thread talking about Where are the dullards in your class?

I am not in anyway trying to undermine education o, I believe in the four walls of a classroom learning.

However, especially here in Nigeria, I have noticed that education hasn't helped a lot of people, it hasn't helped our country either, asides the fact that we don't appreciate it, we don't utilize it.

Infact, besides speaking English, what else has education done to us. I know of first class graduates that are wasting while people who can't even pass their o levels themselves without help are making money.

This is serious guys, let's talk.
Re: Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by akpamuomenka: 9:07am On Jun 03, 2017
It seems you based your topic on academic education but don't forget that every hand work you do, is through education.....So whether academic or business education, all leads to success.
Re: Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 03, 2017
akpamuomenka:
It seems you based your topic on academic education but don't forget that every hand work you do, is through education.....So whether academic or business education, all leads to success.

Yes, I mean academic education. The one you have to go to school for. The one that gives you certificate at the end of your learning process, I just feel the certificate is useless.
Re: Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by SpellingTutor(m): 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
Yes it is only when it is practically oriented

1 Like

Re: Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by Omofunaab2: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
Academic education in Nigeria is not the road to success but it gives some people slight advantage over others

2 Likes

Re: Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
SpellingTutor:
Yes it is only when it is practically oriented

How many institutions have practical oriented infrastructures anymore? All they do these days is theory.
Re: Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Academic education in Nigeria is not the road to success but it gives some people slight advantage over others

I agree with you but that slight advantage is for less than 5% and it's not even based on merit.
Re: Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by Omofunaab2: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
Perspectives:

I agree with you but that slight advantage is for less than 5% and it's not even based on merit.

Yeah, being educated doesn’t necessarily mean someone will be successful in a country like Nigeria instead it only gives you a spot in the list of educated Nigerians hoping to be successful..

We have to give more attention to skills development.. not everybody should go to the University or polytechnic.. We need to spend more money on primary and secondary education.. Then establish lots of skills acquisition centres all over the country. . The general belief in Nigeria is that if you haven't attended a polytechnic or university then you are not educated. .

And it's because both primary and secondary education are nothing to write home about.. . Most of them can't even communicate with exception of the private school pupils / students
Re: Is Academic Education Really The Road To Success? by chapatti: 1:52am On Feb 18, 2018
In dealing with this concept, meticulous attention must be taken in addressing some key issues. First of all, why is this subtopic very important? Why should any man wanna study this article? To what end will this article be beneficial to the ordinary business man? Well, as you read on, you will see what am talking about. As we are about to get started, there are very key important factors to analyze and these are BUSINESS and EDUCATION. If you are ready, am ready. Let’s shoot.

You can also read >>> CHALLENGES FACED BY THE BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENTS IN NIGERIA

BUSINESS – Many persons have called this various names. For example, to some, business is an enterprise and to some it is a firm. But whatever name it is called, we mean same thing. A business as it where, is an organization that has the sole responsibility of engaging in the art or trade of goods and rendering of services to customers. In other words, when we say “business” we are talking about the art of trading goods and services that involves a buyer and a seller. For the capitalist, business is all about making more and more profits to increase wealth of the very owners of the said business. Well, we all know that business can be state owned or privately owned.

And i tell you, when it is owned by these two different entities, their modus operandi may be the same but trust me their motives are usually different. When a business is owned by more than a person, then it is usually called a company but many persons have theorized the fact that the term company has a more precise meaning than just being a company. When we talk about business, we are talking about being busy either as an individual or an organization or a society being commercially involved in a profitable work.

Research has taught us that the term business has different usages depending on the particular scope you are seeing it from. For example, the singular usage which means a particular organization or entity, then the generalized one which refers to a particular business market sector etc. Well, one cannot say that there is a generalized or a consensus definition of the term “Business” Which means that the definition of business is a matter of debate and complexity of meaning.
For the complete article click here

(1) (Reply)

2017/2018 Admissions: What All 2017 Jambites Should Know / ASUU Members To Meet Today To Consider Fg's Offer / How To Get DYI Partial Scholarship Programme With Goodmus Learning Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.