Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,256 members, 7,953,958 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

Is Education Really The Key? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Education Really The Key? (693 Views)

Has Education Really Lost It In Nigeria? / Is Education Key Or Scam? / Is Education And Integrated Science A Good Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Education Really The Key? by chikachuks1(m): 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
Severally, we have heard people say that education is the key. From the early primary school, we were thought that education is the key. We were made to understand that education is the highest gift parents can give to their children.

But I want to ask this question from my sincere heart, “is education the key?” Looking at our education system, can we boldly say that education is the key? Year by year, thousands of people are graduated from various higher institutions in the country and yet there are no jobs. Should we still agree that education is the key?
Jack Ma (founder and CEO of Alibaba and also the richest man in china) told his son, “If you want to be rich, don’t go to school”. I want to use this point to state some clear points we should expect in order to ascertain if or not education is the key.

The desire of all parents is that their children have a better financial life in the future. The dream of every young man is to by financially successful. The dream of every young lady is to get married to a rich man and also have her own money. Hence we go to school to receive quality education which will help us unlock the door of great fortunes. When a key can no longer open a padlock, then it is clearly evident that it is the wrong key.

Can we claim that education is the key when the richest black man is not formally educated? Can we say that education is the key when we have millions of graduates on the street looking for jobs years after graduation?

Sometimes I get fully amazed with the number of students been admitted into higher institutions yearly. On the average, no less than 500,000 students are admitted into the higher institution.

Yearly, not less than 500,000 students graduate from higher institutions across the country. Study has shown that less than 40% of the number of people who graduate yearly are gainfully employed 5 years after graduation. With this, let me ask once again, is education the key?

Before now, I published an article titled, “Why Nigerian graduates are unemployable”. It is obvious that even after spending an average of 21 years in the education system, chances are that there might still be no jobs.

If education is the key, then permit me to ask a question, “education is the key to what”? We must understand this subject fully so that we will know what we are into. What padlock does education open?

education is the key

Many people said that success is determined by how much you have. If that is to be true, then how much have your education earned you? When education does not open the door of financial fortune, then I dare to say that education has become a wrong key.

As I progress in this article, I will present 4 main points upon which this content will be centered upon.
1) Education is a key, not the only key
2) If education is a business then it is not so profitable.
3) Learn a skill or business
4) Do not cast all your eggs in one basket

https://infoducation.com/education-is-the-key/
Re: Is Education Really The Key? by kellyon: 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2018
I'm completely agree with the opinion that higher education opens up more opportunities to find a good job with good salaries and retirement accounts. You are more likely to become financially stable in the long run if you have higher education. I remember that time when I had to apply to cheap writing service to finish my essays in a week. They helped me a lot. But it taught me how to overcome all obstacles.
Re: Is Education Really The Key? by CodeTemplar: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2018
Education is always key. It simply involves acquisition of knowledge relevant to improved life standards.
Education wasn't meant to make you the richest or most famous but to help disseminate and advance the body of knowledge required for a better world for all and not for one.

This is why one ( Academician/Noble Prize winners etc ) who has been deemed to improve the body of knowledge out there is highly regarded than he who was able to learn it to a good degree ( first class student ).

(1) (Reply)

JAMB: Jamb 2019 Registration Fee Is NGN4000 / Former Dean Law Faculty IMSU Bags Federal Appointment / DELSU 2019 Post-Utme/DE Form.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.