Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff (6173 Views)

Politics Of Xenophobia Looting In Nigeria- Looters List 80% Yoruba / President Buhari Appoints Personal Staff (See Full List) / Shock As Osinbanjo Is Revealed As The Man In Charge Of Ruga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Mcreloaded(m): 11:49am On Jun 03, 2017
POLITICSNorth attacks Osinbajo, accuses him of Nepotism,tribalism

The opening paragraph of the diatribe accused the Acting President of ‘tactical’ nepotism and cronyism that has seen key strategic cabinet positions filled by people linked to him.

“Contrary to the widely held belief that Vice President Osinbajo, a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, and a Professor of Law is above board, a forensic analysis of his activities since he assumed office reveals that the VP has consistently abused his office, negating the principles of Federal Character and has systematically favored members of the Redeemed Church and his Yoruba tribe.”

Appointment of Dr Okey Enelamah as Minister for Trade and Investment––noting that the latter was his Deputy and later successor at the RCCG, Banana Island, Lagos. The Vice President was also indicted for the appointment of “his RCCG Brother” Alex Okoh as DG of the Bureau of Public Enterprise.

While Nigerians were trying to come to terms
with the shock of Pastor Enelamah’s nomination, VP Osinbajo took a step further in his nepotistic disposition in the setting up of his office and selection of personal staff.

First, he chose his former colleague at the University of Lagos Ade Ipaye who was also his Special Adviser while he was Attorney General of Lagos to serve as his Chief of Staff. Unsurprisingly, Ade Ipaye hails from Ogun State, the VP’s State of origin. He went on to relocate Laolu Akande, an indigene of Ogun State who was hibernating in New York to serve as his Media Adviser. For his Chief Economic Adviser, he appointed Ambassador Dipeolu also of Yoruba extraction.

The VP didn’t stop there, of his 10 Principal Officers in his office, 9 are from his Yoruba ethnic group. In his quest to perpetuate his ilk in government, the VP has capitalised on the magnanimity of President Buhari’s implicit confidence in him to plant his Yoruba and RCCG brethren in key agencies of government

It particularly knocked Osinbajo for the appointment of Dr Okey Enelamah as Minister for Trade and Investment––noting that the latter was his Deputy and later successor at the RCCG, Banana Island, Lagos. The Vice President was also indicted for the appointment of “his RCCG Brother” Alex Okoh as DG of the Bureau of Public Enterprise.

The long and short of it was that the VP is surreptitiously embedding his lackeys in positions of authority in violation of the principle of Federal Character, in key institutions like INEC and NNPC to the Non-Career Ambassadors and critical Regulatory Agencies.

According to Abubakar Tsav, former commissioner of police, Lagos state “Osinbajo has been very active as Acting President working very hard, with zeal, dedication and utmost efficiency and this is commendable. However, the recent appointments he has been making alarm me. Those appointments are very narrow and sectional. Those appointments will create division and sow seeds of ethnic discord.

How can Osinbajo appoint more than 80 per cent of his personal staff from South-West? Not only that, names of Yoruba also feature prominently on the list of appointments he made into parastatals. Again, most of these appointees are Christians. This is unacceptable. Osinbajo should realise that he is now a national figure.

On his part, Ola Ishola-Williams, a retired army general said “Osinbajo really disappointed me. Look at the way the lady that used to be at PENCOM was removed. The lady was removed when she has not completed her tenure. She was unceremoniously removed.Even at that, what I had expected was that the replacement for her should have been somebody from her geo-political zone, but that didn’t’ happen, Osinbajo now appointed a Yoruba to fill the post. That is bad.

Dr Junaid Mohammed, second Republic member of the House of Representatives in his reaction said “the way and manner Osinbajo made the recent appointment goes to prove that in the event of Osinbajo succeeding Buhari, we are going to have the same problem of nepotism, clannishness, cronyism and religious bigotry.

Politicians should be careful, they should be sensitive to the feelings of others. It is very sad that Osinbajo is following the footstep of Buhari on issues relating to appointments. He should not copy Buhari at all, because this is how Buhari also concentrated all appointments in the North, and also favour Muslims in government appointments. Osinbajo should revert those appointments and follow due process. I even believe that some of these appointments should be given to professionals. Professionals should be recruited to run these parastatals instead of appointing politicians who are given the positions not based on merit.”
Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 03, 2017
These people go cry tire.It's payback time

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by reptile1: 11:58am On Jun 03, 2017
Accursed country with varying interests

1 Like

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Desyner: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
See them. Jonathan, Buhari and Yar'adua was 99%. I still give it to PYO.

5 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Evablizin(f): 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
Lols the never see anything

8 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Jonathan39: 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
When buhari was appointing Muslim Northerners it was OK by the North. It's payback time. #Biafra or Nothing

13 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by toocoded: 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
That one no concern me as long as they deliver
Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Mcreloaded(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
Buhari did his own form of nepotism and if its true Osibanjo is doing his own , I come and imagine when its the turn of the Igbo's only time will tell.

6 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Zikaviirus: 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by horluwashegun(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
kikikikikiki.....
dem don see how e dey pain?
Perhaps u cant accuse him of tribalism when names are Okey and Okoh, and
for personal staffs do you expect to see names like shekau,kyari,adamu? mba he needs people who he is sure of, that is why it is called "personal" and not "National"

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Funlord2(m): 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mcreloaded:
POLITICSNorth attacks Osinbajo, accuses him of Nepotism,tribalism

The opening paragraph of the diatribe accused the Acting President of ‘tactical’ nepotism and cronyism that has seen key strategic cabinet positions filled by people linked to him.

“Contrary to the widely held belief that Vice President Osinbajo, a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, and a Professor of Law is above board, a forensic analysis of his activities since he assumed office reveals that the VP has consistently abused his office, negating the principles of Federal Character and has systematically favored members of the Redeemed Church and his Yoruba tribe.”

Appointment of Dr Okey Enelamah as Minister for Trade and Investment––noting that the latter was his Deputy and later successor at the RCCG, Banana Island, Lagos. The Vice President was also indicted for the appointment of “his RCCG Brother” Alex Okoh as DG of the Bureau of Public Enterprise.

While Nigerians were trying to come to terms
with the shock of Pastor Enelamah’s nomination, VP Osinbajo took a step further in his nepotistic disposition in the setting up of his office and selection of personal staff.

First, he chose his former colleague at the University of Lagos Ade Ipaye who was also his Special Adviser while he was Attorney General of Lagos to serve as his Chief of Staff. Unsurprisingly, Ade Ipaye hails from Ogun State, the VP’s State of origin. He went on to relocate Laolu Akande, an indigene of Ogun State who was hibernating in New York to serve as his Media Adviser. For his Chief Economic Adviser, he appointed Ambassador Dipeolu also of Yoruba extraction.

The VP didn’t stop there, of his 10 Principal Officers in his office, 9 are from his Yoruba ethnic group. In his quest to perpetuate his ilk in government, the VP has capitalised on the magnanimity of President Buhari’s implicit confidence in him to plant his Yoruba and RCCG brethren in key agencies of government

It particularly knocked Osinbajo for the appointment of Dr Okey Enelamah as Minister for Trade and Investment––noting that the latter was his Deputy and later successor at the RCCG, Banana Island, Lagos. The Vice President was also indicted for the appointment of “his RCCG Brother” Alex Okoh as DG of the Bureau of Public Enterprise.

The long and short of it was that the VP is surreptitiously embedding his lackeys in positions of authority in violation of the principle of Federal Character, in key institutions like INEC and NNPC to the Non-Career Ambassadors and critical Regulatory Agencies.

According to Abubakar Tsav, former commissioner of police, Lagos state “Osinbajo has been very active as Acting President working very hard, with zeal, dedication and utmost efficiency and this is commendable. However, the recent appointments he has been making alarm me. Those appointments are very narrow and sectional. Those appointments will create division and sow seeds of ethnic discord.

How can Osinbajo appoint more than 80 per cent of his personal staff from South-West? Not only that, names of Yoruba also feature prominently on the list of appointments he made into parastatals. Again, most of these appointees are Christians. This is unacceptable. Osinbajo should realise that he is now a national figure.

On his part, Ola Ishola-Williams, a retired army general said “Osinbajo really disappointed me. Look at the way the lady that used to be at PENCOM was removed. The lady was removed when she has not completed her tenure. She was unceremoniously removed.Even at that, what I had expected was that the replacement for her should have been somebody from her geo-political zone, but that didn’t’ happen, Osinbajo now appointed a Yoruba to fill the post. That is bad.

Dr Junaid Mohammed, second Republic member of the House of Representatives in his reaction said “the way and manner Osinbajo made the recent appointment goes to prove that in the event of Osinbajo succeeding Buhari, we are going to have the same problem of nepotism, clannishness, cronyism and religious bigotry.

Politicians should be careful, they should be sensitive to the feelings of others. It is very sad that Osinbajo is following the footstep of Buhari on issues relating to appointments. He should not copy Buhari at all, because this is how Buhari also concentrated all appointments in the North, and also favour Muslims in government appointments. Osinbajo should revert those appointments and follow due process. I even believe that some of these appointments should be given to professionals. Professionals should be recruited to run these parastatals instead of appointing politicians who are given the positions not based on merit.”

Which beer parlor dem give you this gist?

2 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by malton: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
Didn't read the OP, plus I doubt this even happened, but the heading reads;

"Personal Staff."

Was he supposed to appoint people he does not know let alone trust?

Fire on, Osibaba. I dey your back gidigba.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by seunny4lif(m): 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
I no understand.
Who will he appoint before?
He will only appoint people he trusted.

10 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Nazacent: 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2017
Situation report

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Mcreloaded(m): 12:52pm On Jun 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Jabioro: 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
Crying me a river, is Brother Okoh and Emi Yoruba men.. Let them go and die..

2 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by dealslip(f): 12:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
So he should employ 80% north so you guys can kill him, was Enelamah employed yesterday. Was he not presented by his state governor. Was it not Buhari that presented him for minister. Even if it was Osinbajo, is it too much for VP to nominate one person out of 36 nominees. It is clear the North is worried about his growing popularity especially when it seems Buhari is not coming back. They have lost support of the SW and are stylishly wooing the east for VP in order to get their votes as they fought Tinubu not expecting Buhari to become so sick to the point of incapacitation. They are looking for every means to discredit him. Buhari did the same and Arewa defended him that he wasn't under any obligations to appoint his personal staffs under Federal character and he is more comfortable working with people he trusts. INEC chairman is his in-law, DSS head is his cousin, he made it clear he would not recognize the 5% in anyway and he kept to his promise. The North is the least qualified to talk about Tribalism in government. Trying to cause division because a United south is the end of their political grip. Most people making comments here as Biafra and Yoruba are actually northerners. The ball is in Biafra court. If they accept VP or presidency and forget Biafra, then they will never be free. We may note unite but we must break the grip of the North. They have been using TonyeBarcanista to wedge a gap on Nairaland land too.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by EzeUche(m): 12:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
While the Yoruba and the North tussle for power

We in the East will be planning our exit.

5 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
dealslip:
So he should employ 80% north so you guys can kill him, was Enelamah employed yesterday. Was he not presented by his state governor. Was it not Buhari that presented him for minister. Even if it was Osinbajo, is it too much for VP to nominate one person out of 36 nominees. It is clear the North is worried about his growing popularity especially when it seems Buhari is not coming back. They have lost support of the SW and are stylishly wooing the east for VP in order to get their votes as they fought Tinubu not expecting Buhari to become so sick to the point of incapacitation. They are looking for every means to discredit him. Buhari did the same and Arewa defended him that he wasn't under any obligations to appoint his personal staffs under Federal character and he is more comfortable working with people he trusts. INEC chairman is his in-law, DSS head is his cousin, he made it clear he would not recognize the 5% in anyway and he kept to his promise. The North is the least qualified to talk about Tribalism in government. Trying to cause division because a United south is the end of their political grip. Most people making comments here as Biafra and Yoruba are actually northerners. The ball is in Biafra court. If they accept VP or presidency and forget Biafra, then they will never be free. We may note unite but we must break the grip of the North. They have been using TonyeBarcanista to wedge a gap on Nairaland land too.
All I read is hypocrisy and double standard.

So you want the SS and SE to agree to the oppression of the North for the sole benefit of the SW abi? E No go work!!!

Injustice is injustice Everywhere...

Come 2019 we shall support North/East ticket and East/North ticket afterwards.

Power must go round

9 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
malton:
Didn't read the OP, plus I doubt this even happened, but the heading reads;

"Personal Staff."

Was he supposed to appoint people he does not know let alone trust?

Fire on, Osibaba. I dey your back gidigba.
I condemned Buhari for Nepotistic appointment, not because I hate the north but because I am an advocate of justice!!!

Why should PYO appoint 9 yorubas as Personal staffs out of 10? This is the first time a VP will do that since 1999.

He is a bigot, he will NEVER win 2019.

4 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by dealslip(f): 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

All I read is hypocrisy and double standard.

So you want the SS and SE to agree to the oppression of the North for the sole benefit of the SW abi? E No go work!!!

Injustice is injustice Everywhere...

Come 2019 we shall support North/East ticket and East/North ticket afterwards.

Power must go round
TonyeBarcanista, gone were they days that whatever you say held water. You are so unstable, you find it so convenient to shift values. I would have agreed more if it came from Osinbajoisaliar or vedaxcool.

10 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by malton: 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

I condemned Buhari for Nepotistic appointment, not because we I hate the north but because I am an advocate of justice!!!

Why should PYO appoint 9 yorubas as Personal staffs out of 10? This is the first time a VP will do that since 1999.

I admire your sense of patriotism.

But, you never liked Osinbajo. So your judgement is understandable from your own POV.

For me, however, we haven't seen enough of him to conclude that he's a bigot with pretensions to power.

The man may not even be interested to begin with.

Again, I respect him deep beyond politics.

6 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
dealslip:

TonyeBarcanista, gone were they days that whatever you say held water. You are so unstable, you find it so convenient to shift values. I would have agreed more if it came from Osinbajoisaliar or vedaxcool.
Madam, I never asked for your opinion about me neither did I ask you to agree with my position.

Whoever you choose to agree with is entirely your business. I am never a man that is out to massage the ego of people, I am for justice. If my position varies from yours on a number of issues, take it like that. Whatever you think of me, it is entirely your right and your business. I don't seek to patronise you or any individual!!! I only patronize God and my conscience.

1 Like

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
malton:

But, you never liked Osinbajo. So your judgement is understandable from your own POV.

For me, however, we haven't seen enough of him to conclude that he's a bigot with pretensions to power.

How do you come to conclude that I "never" liked PYO? Because I don't patronise him like his paid media apologists would want?

Should I support his ethnic supremacist deeds to show my admiration for him? Should I cease from speaking about the pretentious fraud parading as pastor simply because it will make some people happy? Haba!!!

1 Like

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by SilentHaulers: 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

I condemned Buhari for Nepotistic appointment, not because we I hate the north but because I am an advocate of justice!!!

Did he tell you he is contesting in 2019? Calm down man

5 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
SilentHaulers:

Did he tell you he is contesting in 2019? Calm down man
That is his target oga. All these media famzing is for a reason..
Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by Kemperor: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
When Bubu was doing his own the Northerners were extremely happy... They didn't caution Bubu...

Coordinating President is now doing it and they are crying like a day old baby... Just imagine what will happen when he becomes president... All the Northerners will lose their jobs... Make una know say e dey pain... First to do no they pain...

When the South finish dealing with the North then they will have no choice but to choose between Biafra or Restructuring...

This is just the beginning....

1 Like

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by vantage001: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
malton:

Which part of Nigeria are you from? If you are yoruba, then sorry, your respect is as usual founded on watery bigotism. Most of you guys are the same people that claim that they would only vote for buhari if he chose a yoruba as his running mate now hiding under a charade of progressiveness.
What is osibanjo's achievement as Vice president and even the little time he was acting president?
The little time he has spent in charge, he has packed the whole terrain with his people. How he hope to sustain it is what i don't know.

1 Like

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by malton: 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

How do you come to conclude that I "never" liked PYO? Because I don't patronise him like his paid media apologists would want?

Should I support his ethnic supremacist deeds to show my admiration for him? Should I cease from speaking about the pretentious fraud parading as pastor simply because it will make some people happy? Haba!!!

I haven't seen any opinion of yours about the man bar the article currently on fp.

You didn't have to patronise or agree with him to like the man. I'm not that narrow minded. But that article signals that you have negative estimations of him, tbh.

3 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by SilentHaulers: 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
That is his target oga. All these media famzing is for a reason..

Let him die before you bury him, he is not contesting.

2 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by malton: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
vantage001:

Which part of Nigeria are you from? If you are yoruba, then sorry, your respect is as usual founded on watery bigotism. Most of you guys are the same people that claim that they would only vote for buhari if he chose a yoruba as his running mate now hiding under a charade of progressiveness.
What is osibanjo's achievement as Vice president and even the little time he was acting president?
The little time he has spent in charge, he has packed the whole terrain with his people. How he hope to sustain it is what i don't know.

I'm from the middle belt, Plateau State, to be exact.
I don't let emotions becloud my sense of judgement.

Case in point: Personally, I have never liked Buhari. Not then, not now, not ever. But I set all of that aside to campaign for him.

3 Likes

Re: The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff by dealslip(f): 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Madam, I never asked for your opinion about me neither did I ask you to agree with my position.

Whoever you choose to agree with is entirely your business. I am never a man that is out to massage the ego of people, I am for justice. If my position varies from yours on a number of issues, take it like that. Whatever you think of me, it is entirely your right and your business. I don't seek to patronise you or any individual!!! I only patronize God and my conscience.

Please Mr. Cookey get off my mentions and stop mentioning God, you don't qualify in anyway to talk about conscience or justice. I don't exchange words with conniving, slippery, two faced personalities. I can't even deal with it. I don't care about how you feel or not. You are just a man seeking to feed your belly. When you have maintained a stance for one whole year please Holla at me.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally See Video Of The ESN Leader That Beheaded 10 Girls For Juju / Benue: Appeal Court Nullifies APC Governorship Primary, Orders Re-run In 11 LGAs / Heads Will Roll Over SARS Offiice Attack- IG Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.