Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

I Regret Bitterly Going To University. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Regret Bitterly Going To University. (43351 Views)

Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To University Of Uyo / Man Sends An Orphan He Met During NYSC In Rivers To University (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by saobobo80: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
If you think you can make it then keep the fire burning, you will surely succeed. I can understand your frustration though. I wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Sammez94: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
This guy don enter on chance be dat
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
instead of staying in school and planning to roam the streets, why don't start to see the problems in the society you could solve.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by MARKone(m): 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
The kind of written English, grads and undergraduates churn out these days is disheartening. OP I feel for you, what worked for Mr. A might not work for B.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by ipobarecriminals: 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
young man,there's HOPE for u,.Who told u that u can't be head of marketing in bank pky?Tell us elf that u''ll make it and U will.Dnt GIVE UP

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by mazizitonene(m): 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
Man know thyself.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by okrote4real: 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
But wait o...what is the aim of going to study in the higher level and can't produce anything. I am talking to my friends in sciences. If you are a graduate and you have pass through school for about 4,5-7 years, why would you come out to lament that there is no job out there. I believe that if you know what you read in school and you are sure you can defend it anywhere, you shouldn't be scared of getting a job.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by free2ryhme: 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:
I opened this new moniker just to lay my frustrations as typical Nigeria youth who is tired of the whole system.

when I was in secondary school I was among the best in my class,is either I came first, second or third I never had any position below them.
my parents were so happy and proud of me and vow to train me up to University education even if it will cost them starving just make sure I attend University because they were poor.
After hearing this from them I became so happy and elevated (remember those feelings then that u will go to University, those feelings no be here) at that time I don't think about anything else except University, jamb,post utme , life in campus and any other thing relating to University.
I wrote my first jamb in 2009, scored above 260, then score relatevely high post utme but I was denied admission in one of the federal University in Nigeria not because I didn't meet the cut off mark but because I don't have money to runs the admission,I lost the admission that year and became so frustrated and dejected.
let Make it short, i have been writing jamb from 2009 till lastly in 2013 when I got admission to study marketing in one the state University in South East.
I,m in my final year now studying marketing just few months for me to graduate.
You may be wondering while i,m writing this,now let me tell you.
I,m writing this first because ......
1 I,m frustrated right now because after graduation I will start roaming the streets looking for job.
2 Had it been I use those time I spent in writing jamb and do business by now I would have been s millionaire by now.
3 Had it been my parents advice me to learn trade by now I would have been my own oga controlling millions.
4 I have to start afresh and enter the streets for hustling because there is no jobs out there, so why the certificate when I can read and write with secondary education.

Then, why did I spent all the years looking for certificate that I may not use tomorrow because streets pays more than salary.
I remember how I hustle during holidays to meet up the needs in school thinking after graduation good jobs are there waiting for me.
Should I said I wasted my time acquiring University education or what, somebody should answer me.
I think I regret Ever going to University.

Dont lie to yourself

who told you dis

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
Thunderdick:
What You Believe Is What Will Work for You. He You Believe You Will Roam The Streets, theN You Will
And its true.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by RedTarantula: 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:
I opened this new moniker just to lay my frustrations as typical Nigeria youth who is tired of the whole system.

when I was in secondary school I was among the best in my class,is either I came first, second or third I never had any position below them.
my parents were so happy and proud of me and vow to train me up to University education even if it will cost them starving just make sure I attend University because they were poor.
After hearing this from them I became so happy and elevated (remember those feelings then that u will go to University, those feelings no be here) at that time I don't think about anything else except University, jamb,post utme , life in campus and any other thing relating to University.
I wrote my first jamb in 2009, scored above 260, then score relatevely high post utme but I was denied admission in one of the federal University in Nigeria not because I didn't meet the cut off mark but because I don't have money to runs the admission,I lost the admission that year and became so frustrated and dejected.
let Make it short, i have been writing jamb from 2009 till lastly in 2013 when I got admission to study marketing in one the state University in South East.
1 I,m frustrated right now because after graduation I will start roaming the streets looking for job.
2 Had it been I use those time I spent in writing jamb and do business by now I would have been s millionaire by now.
3 Had it been my parents advice me to learn trade by now I would have been my own oga controlling millions.
4 I have to start afresh and enter the streets for hustling because there is no jobs out there, so why the certificate when I can read and write with secondary education.

Then, why did I spent all the years looking for certificate that I may not use tomorrow because streets pays more than salary.
I remember how I hustle during holidays to meet up the needs in school thinking after graduation good jobs are there waiting for me.
Should I said I wasted my time acquiring University education or what, somebody should answer me.

You don't write like an intelligent person.

Your write up is fraught with errors and at best mediocre.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Akerry(m): 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:
stop telling me that, this your mentality is what is killing us today as youth of nowadays, believe what. let me tell you that real reality on ground, there is no jobs out there, unemployment rate is on the high side. stop this believe this and believe that mentality.
There are jobs out there....... only that they are reserved for the Favoured and smart ones

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by telim: 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
Op, Nigerian universities are time wasters and a total scam . Most students will graduate with the hope of securing a good job only to end up unemployed for years.
Take a look at the salary structure of the half baked useless lecturers in the universities, they all earn stipends as there monthly take home. The best thing for now is for you to learn a skill and monitize it but unfortunately Nigerian universities does not enocourage skill acquisition they only encourage cramming and issue certificate that is of no use to graduants and the society at large.

7 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by RedTarantula: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
MARKone:
The kind of written English, grads and undergraduates churn out these days is disheartening. OP I feel for you, what worked for Mr. A might not work for B.

Just read the crap coming from a supposed intelligent student...

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:
stop telling me that, this your mentality is what is killing us today as youth of nowadays, believe what. let me tell you that real reality on ground, there is no jobs out there, unemployment rate is on the high side. stop this believe this and believe that mentality.
You can't get anywhere with doubt and pessimissm. As a man thinketh so he is. There has never been jobs in Nigeria yet we have people getting jobs that have changed their life completely all the time. Are you saying all the graduates coming out will never get jobs. You are totally wrong. The profit of a University education is all encompassing and it is for life not really about the money
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Advenblaze: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:

I understand your pain and worries,its unfortunate we are in a country where the economic viability looks bleak and almost implausible. But I need to also remind you of the fact that your education in school is just a part of your educational package in life so don't be limited by it.

Look from within I believe there is something about you which natural that can give you a chance to a better life

Look from within and develop yourself

Wish you best of luck
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by LexngtonSteele: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
I have a solution for you. Go to South East Asia.

I am a Man of God and that's where your destiny lies.

Without applying for a single job, you already know you won't get any. You are so damn sure you would have been a millionaire without going to school.

Mr Man, time to put something in your anus to carry for Asia's development wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Chukabiz1961(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:

So you have become God who knows what tomorrow will be.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by uglodoh(f): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
Y ou have not finished school you have started complaining. What of those that finished before you who have not gotten anything to do but still hoping. Going to school is to widen your horizon. You may be among the lucky ones and stop negativity.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Mopelawlar(f): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
Na wa ooo,which kind person b dis? Him jst dey ans al questions n accusations funny ass grin cool

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by ogawisdom(m): 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:

Y have u concluded ur fate will be same with those of other graduates.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Stevengerd(m): 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hmmm. Op Goan And Read Rich Dad And Poor Dad, By Robert T. Kiyosaki

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Fidecoo(m): 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:

,i reason with you bro.but no knowledge is waste.i was lucky during my days because I combined the both( school and learning of trade). Today I am a proud sole proprietor and a graduate. Guess what?? I can't even remember the wardrobe I kept in my certificate. But it's never too late to start bro.especially when age is still on your side. You can still make it, Go grab it!! My little contribution sha

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by laadtech: 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
nwaimostate5:
I.m not a failure and I can never be, i believe in myself​. l wrote this base on the situation of things in this country and that alone is making me weak. I have vision and I have started working towards achieving them. Dont think i.m always negative minded, I,m full of positive ok. thanks

I know people of this kind when I see one and I try not to argue with them anymore

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by SWYM(m): 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
Read

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Achiles: 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
ikbnice:
What you just wrote negates your earlier assumptions @ur post. If you are optimistic, you won't be scared as hell as you are now. U got frustrated because you never imagined things to turn out this way. Now is not the time for dillydallying, buckle up your shoes and be prepared to seize LEGITIMATE opportunities whenever and wherever you see one. I wish you success in your quest.

I understand Op quite well. personally I can relate to what he is trying to say. Back then when I was graduating, I knew the economy was quite OK for one to hit the street of Corporate Lagos Island to look for job. I could not wait. I looked forward to it. That was just back in 2007. True to God, within one month of finishing service, I had offer from Chevron, 6 Banks, wrote KPMC test and had offer from my department to stay back and lecture. But today I just look at the young ones coming through our universities, no opportunity, no prospect and all that. The political elite class has messed up the economy. You are right to feel that way. My brother, like I did for my younger one who is at Lead City, get your Parents to enrol you in one skill acquisition centre. You can learn upper class interior decoration, fashion design or whatever. The idea is that you have something doing after school. Don't worry, you will be fine and you find your degree useful one day. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by thekokofacts: 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
Education remains the foundation. You can still learn a new skill and move on.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
Thunderdick:
OGA stop complaining and go out there and learn hand work or use your talent to make money, or dont u have talent

Thats what he is saying" WHY WASTE ALMOST HALF A DECADE OF HIS LIFE for a certificate that might be useless when he could have learned a trade or hand work which might have made him a millionaire in that time frame.

I hope you understand & comprehend. Besides the dude is just being honest, facing reality instead of rainbows & unicorns

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Sholaystar4me(m): 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
I feel for you, because I have been there, maybe worst.....but whatever it is, start your hustle now that you realise, think raw and go hard...i dont believe in impossible. I know this because it happened to me, I am not a millionaire yet, but I am not where I used to be. instead of me ranting, I just started learning stuffs on the internet, i bought books, manual to aid me, I was so frustrated and depressed, and putting my ranting here or anywhere or telling anyone would probably make it worst, so I started motivating myself and read a lot of motivational books....I dont wanna make this a kinda autobiography, In short @ OP... "Those that believe they can and those that believe otherwise are both RIGHT"...its left for you to chose what your belief.....NOW THAT YOU KNOW THE REALITY OF THE COUNTRY, START THINKING AND ASK HOW YOU CAN MAKE YOURSELF GREAT.

if you have FAITH alone without acting, ON YOUR OWN OOOO.....HAVE FAITH, THEN ACT.

REMEMBER EDUCATION IS GOOD, NOT EVERYBODY CAN BE A CELEBRATED MUSICIAN, FOOTBALLER, oR WHAT HAVE YOU... THERE ARE ACADEMICS THAT ARE DOING GOOD, AND THERE SHOEMAKERS THAT ARE LIVING LARGE AND DOING GREAT FOR THEMSELVES.

GOD BLESS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Jabioro: 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
ikbnice:
You don't write like a brilliant chap bro. You are just an above average university student. Well, maybe the mighty weight of the crumbling educational system of the country fell on you, leaving dents in your once brilliancy.
Secondly, you are already a failure since you have finally resigned to be one. I understand that the country is messed up and the future might look bleak, but do you know if you look positively in that same direction you are walking, there is bound to be an opportunity you can grab and harness to your optimum benefits. Look around you, there is bound to be an untapped opportunity lurking somewhere,. Just make your self ready to go for it when you see one.
You have answered all his fear, his anxiety.. he needed look beyond his nose, stop limiting himself..
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by JAHseal: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
In any case, ur going 2 d university should serve as an avenue to sharpen ur skills 4 future hussle! Not everybody is related 2 a thief (d high & mighty)! So, #WakeUp&Llive!
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by raphy(m): 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
you have not finish school and you just start to regret.guy everybody here says the right thing.don't let life push you to the wall.as a man thinketh so is he.GUy think sharp you will make it any were in this life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by LexngtonSteele: 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
Achiles:

I understand Op quite well. personally I can relate to what he is trying to say. Back then when I was graduating, I knew the economy was quite OK for one to hit the street of Corporate Lagos Island to look for job. I could not wait. I looked forward to it. That was just back in 2007. True to God, within one month of finishing service, I had offer from Chevron, 6 Banks, wrote KPMC test and had offer from my department to stay back and lecture. But today I just look at the young ones coming through our universities, no opportunity, no prospect and all that. The political elite class has messed up the economy. You are right to feel that way. My brother, like I did for my younger one who is at Lead City, get your Parents to enrol you in one skill acquisition centre. You can learn upper class interior decoration, fashion design or whatever. The idea is that you have something doing after school. Don't worry, you will be fine and you find your degree useful one day. Best of luck.

At bolded.... LAI MOHAMMED is on Nairaland. This is his account.... grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNILORIN Exam Questions About 2019 Elections (Political Science) / Young Girl Flaunts Coursemate Who Helps With Her Assignments / My 1st Semester Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.