Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

I Regret Bitterly Going To University. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Regret Bitterly Going To University. (43322 Views)

Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To University Of Uyo / Man Sends An Orphan He Met During NYSC In Rivers To University (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Otunba10(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2017
Good point but you can just tell me that learning a trade would've made you a millionaire by now. Abi you think say all the traders wey dey main market dey wait you make you come make the whole money ni? It's not easy anywhere brother. Keep the faith
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by wealthpos(f): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2017
As a marketing student, you do not need to look for jobs, you can venture into online digital marketing and advertisement. All you need to do is just be savvy in Google Adwords and Google Analytics, coupled with your university education, you will become a millionaire in no time if you are really serious. The market is still fresh and huge. No knowledge is a waste, and money is not everything.
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Collyno82(m): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2017
Pidgin2:
So people believe these lies? OP is not in school, he's already a failure. How is it possible that someone in school will foresee only doom like he is doing, liesss

The only aim of this dumb thread is to rubbish Nigerian education.

which Nigeria education are u refering to? Is there any at all? if yes why are the rich among us sending their children abroad for education? pidgin2 mind ur self ooh

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Romanus123: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2017
My life story is the same as yours. But I got recovered all I spent In University just 6months of my arrival in Dubai. I will advise you to make a move and leave Nigeria. Dubai is a place to be. All you need is a little cash for your visa and flight ticket and I promise you a work of at least 180,000 to #200,000 monthly Just 2days of your arrival. For more enquiries! Chat me on Wapsapp @ +971508553469
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by ilekky(m): 9:11am On Jun 04, 2017
You are completely right but the truth is that it is not too

late to learn other things and package them with your academic knowledge.

You will discover you will go far with your knowledge.Just think and find a need and fill.

It works very well.
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2017
Oduok:
You don't have to regret going to school. If you are from a rich and connected family then you can go to school with the hope of gaining a well paid job. But if you are intelligent and without connection, go to school with the view of discovering something to contribute to the society in exchange of huge financial returns . If you are very intelligent, then make a First Class, stay back in the academic society and lecture to transfer knowledge. Ignore all of the above, then you graduate to queue up for the very narrow to nonexistent chance for merit - that is if you are lucky to come back from NYSC before 26. Stay away from faith, face reality.
This op resemble u a first class graduate? Ogaoo

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 04, 2017
Romanus123:
My life story is the same as yours. But I got recovered all I spent In University just 6months of my arrival in Dubai. I will advise you to make a move and leave Nigeria. Dubai is a place to be. All you need is a little cash for your visa and flight ticket and I promise you a work of at least 180,000 to #200,000 monthly Just 2days of your arrival. For more enquiries! Chat me on Wapsapp @ +971508553469
How much will the visa and ticket cost?

Want to see if I can sponsor my Lil bro
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by TundeHashim(m): 9:23am On Jun 04, 2017
nwaimostate5:
I opened this new moniker just to lay my frustrations as typical Nigeria youth who is tired of the whole system.

when I was in secondary school I was among the best in my class,is either I came first, second or third I never had any position below them.
my parents were so happy and proud of me and vow to train me up to University education even if it will cost them starving just make sure I attend University because they were poor.
After hearing this from them I became so happy and elevated (remember those feelings then that u will go to University, those feelings no be here) at that time I don't think about anything else except University, jamb,post utme , life in campus and any other thing relating to University.
I wrote my first jamb in 2009, scored above 260, then score relatevely high post utme but I was denied admission in one of the federal University in Nigeria not because I didn't meet the cut off mark but because I don't have money to runs the admission,I lost the admission that year and became so frustrated and dejected.
let Make it short, i have been writing jamb from 2009 till lastly in 2013 when I got admission to study marketing in one the state University in South East.
I,m in my final year now studying marketing just few months for me to graduate.
You may be wondering while i,m writing this,now let me tell you.
I,m writing this first because ......
1 I,m frustrated right now because after graduation I will start roaming the streets looking for job.
2 Had it been I use those time I spent in writing jamb and do business by now I would have been s millionaire by now.
3 Had it been my parents advice me to learn trade by now I would have been my own oga controlling millions.
4 I have to start afresh and enter the streets for hustling because there is no jobs out there, so why the certificate when I can read and write with secondary education.

Then, why did I spent all the years looking for certificate that I may not use tomorrow because streets pays more than salary.
I remember how I hustle during holidays to meet up the needs in school thinking after graduation good jobs are there waiting for me.
Should I said I wasted my time acquiring University education or what, somebody should answer me.
I think I regret Ever going to University.

this is thrash man. First of all, ur assumption that learning trade or starting a business stead of going to the university would have made you a millionaire is patently false, stupid and idiotic! There are millions of things u know now as a marketing student that you can't dream of knowing as a fresh secondary school grad...yes it is true that some people finished just secondary school and they made it...but what is equally true is that there are millions of drop outs out there that finished secondary school and are languishing in poverty! could go on and in speaking sense into ur thick dull skull but I'll rest the pen...stick to the advice others have given and work ur ass out to the top after grad!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by smartn09(m): 9:33am On Jun 04, 2017
nwaimostate5:
I.m not a failure and I can never be, i believe in myself​. l wrote this base on the situation of things in this country and that alone is making me weak. I have vision and I have started working towards achieving them. Dont think i.m always negative minded, I,m full of positive ok. thanks
mar-ke-ti gini? Dem don demolish u na market finish? Don wori, l go make u a market master, jus holla me. Nigeria university no bi fraud.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by smartn09(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2017
Royal155:
How much will the visa and ticket cost?

Want to see if I can sponsor my Lil bro
you wan enslave your bro oo maaan! Don't try it.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by kayceeD2(m): 10:14am On Jun 04, 2017
nwaimostate5:
I opened this new moniker just to lay my frustrations as typical Nigeria youth who is tired of the whole system.

when I was in secondary school I was among the best in my class,is either I came first, second or third I never had any position below them.
my parents were so happy and proud of me and vow to train me up to University education even if it will cost them starving just make sure I attend University because they were poor.
After hearing this from them I became so happy and elevated (remember those feelings then that u will go to University, those feelings no be here) at that time I don't think about anything else except University, jamb,post utme , life in campus and any other thing relating to University.
I wrote my first jamb in 2009, scored above 260, then score relatevely high post utme but I was denied admission in one of the federal University in Nigeria not because I didn't meet the cut off mark but because I don't have money to runs the admission,I lost the admission that year and became so frustrated and dejected.
let Make it short, i have been writing jamb from 2009 till lastly in 2013 when I got admission to study marketing in one the state University in South East.
1 I,m frustrated right now because after graduation I will start roaming the streets looking for job.
2 Had it been I use those time I spent in writing jamb and do business by now I would have been s millionaire by now.
3 Had it been my parents advice me to learn trade by now I would have been my own oga controlling millions.
4 I have to start afresh and enter the streets for hustling because there is no jobs out there, so why the certificate when I can read and write with secondary education.

Then, why did I spent all the years looking for certificate that I may not use tomorrow because streets pays more than salary.
I remember how I hustle during holidays to meet up the needs in school thinking after graduation good jobs are there waiting for me.
Should I said I wasted my time acquiring University education or what, somebody should answer me.

That's in ur own imagination u will have been a millionaire
But in reality its not like that
Everything in life is all about dedication and prayer
Many think the same way as u think
But end up regretting why didn't have a degree
My brother it pays to have a degree
U will be happy about it at end
Cheer.... Wishing the best in life

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Slimszy: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2017
smartn09:
you wan enslave your bro oo maaan! Don't try it.

How? Be explicit pls
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Slimszy: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2017
boldx:
Your level of written English needs urgent attention.

How does this relate? Its all about communication bro... Forget about being grandiloquent or anything related... Btw, can your president speak good English? Dont drag a fellow down because of such flimsy part
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by mzlewis(f): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2017
nwaimostate5:

Oga op I understand your frustration but what makes a man intellegent is his ability to cope in different situations.stop being naive,learn a trade or skill.there may be no jobs for your certificate but there will always be an opportunity to get paid with your skill.be book smart but street wise.best of luck

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2017
nwaimostate5:

your feeling is universal just that I wish you could be more optimistic
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by donhils: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2017
This guy believes that everybody that started business between 2010 and 2013 are now counting in millions. Believe that and you'll believe anything.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by fortunejum: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2017
The guy no get sense
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Josh44s(m): 11:04am On Jun 04, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

At bolded.... LAI MOHAMMED is on Nairaland. This is his account.... grin

Lmfao Tot I wa the only one who saw those lies.
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Atasieogadi(m): 11:36am On Jun 04, 2017
What of the people that died from different ways, book haram, accident and others. Ungrateful person.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by eRex(m): 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
nwaimostate5:

Now brother.. Listen to my story..

I'm sorry if its lengthy..

I would not consider myself the smartest but I could say was among the top 5/10 in sec school.
My Dad was an average public servant and we were 4kids... I was d last kid.(not anymore)
His hope was after my sec school I would be trained by my elder once cos they were in the university then.

Guess what:
God took special interest in me.. Wrote jamb 2ice score 189..
Went to a state university in 2003.. Wanted to read Law but was offered Political Science on a supplemteray list
I still consider my self among top 5 or so in department
But:
Somehow I acquired interpersonal skills through interactions with colleagues and that has been what God has been using to pave way for me.
It was not like I was so spiritual then but right now I know it only divine intervention that brough me this far.

I graduated with a 2.2 ( had a messed up 3rd year and Final year)
Served in a remote location in Ekiti in 09 where my house rent for the year was 9k.

Came back to Lagos in 2010.

Well my breakthrough came with my first Job marketing in a very big company ever one here will know the company. Started in January 15 2012 and my first salary was 5k ( Can u beat that.. After 30 days waka)as marketing skill got better my salary increase to 26k..
And again to 45k.
I was practically a house boy where I was staying with my in-law but I never complained.. Saw it as a training... O yea he trained me well.

January 15 2013 got another job and pay was 60k and latter 70k.. Free staff bus and 15k credit monthly...
Saved Well.. Moved into my accommodation and got married.

Trust me.. I prayed hard.. And trust peeps keep telling me there is no job...

I got another job offed again in Jan 2015... This time salary is twice my former...

Funnily I am the highest "Paid" earner amongst siblings and I still make extra bucks as I have delved into other businesses.

Note these.. :
- no one has asked me course of study during interview.. (Its not about were you are coming from but were you are determined to reach)
- I av always been interviewed based on personality preference. ( Develop yourself not just on books)
- I have never searched for jobs to apply.. I always get info on where to drop a CV from colleagues and friends... And sometimes they don't get picked. (keep the right company)
- Above all keep to you faith..

When I read your story... There is a point were I felt same... But I believe somewhere my own case is different.

Brother do your best, trust God and leave the rest...

God has a plan for you. Let him lead you.
Remove doubts about the present condition..
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by ikbnice(m): 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
zikter:
I was quite disappointed once I discovered he has not even graduated. I thought he had roamed the street for ten years after graduating. who says obtaining a university degree stops one from doing business. so many students are doing business combined with their studies. I don't just understand the rationale behind this post.
He's just scared
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Kimmyslaw(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
no matter how frustrating the jungle might be, Lion cannot eat grass, its not pride but it's fact. you don't go to school just to learn how to read and write because millions of people also know how to do same. To b extraordinary you have to know your worth,think outside the box and most importantly know your GOD. OP try to be optimistic no matter the direction of the wave of the economy blows you to. i'm a young graduate like you and I envisage the luxurious life am going to live in near future
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by condomuser: 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
You must be the dumbest to waste time reading it.

NigPatriot:
very dumb post!!

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by vaxx: 2:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
nwaimostate5:

The reality is there are more gradute than the job. but should we stop educating ourselves becuse there is no job after graduation. absolutely NO.the result will be catastrophy. imagine a nation without the required academic knowledge. This kind of nation are label banana republic.

But wait a moment. you are about to graduate. just one year ahead of you. you have spend almost 6 semester in colledge yet you still belive you cant create job for yourself if the society you find yourself fail to do so. A degree is not a requirement to become job seeker. It is meant to become a job creator. If you have not learn by now what you can do as alternative to seek for job. I will call your time in colledge a serious waste of time.

Well the sun out there can still dry the wet cloth. get yourself a vocational training during your semester break. they are more outside there. choose the one that is flexible and productive. 2 use the critical thinking method you have learn in the uni to argue or defend in your advantage. BECOME AN ENTREPRENUR. Work hard on your thesis. It may earn you your first cash. Write to be publish do not just write to pass

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Oduok(m): 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
oriewanbe:

that is to say the OP frustration could be more if he can't make first class.
With the way OP writes he is definitely not a First Class candidate. If he is very hardworking he can make Second Class Upper, but not 4point. It is most likely OP has the brain but was not given a very rigorous secondary school academic excercises and he is not working hard enough in the university. The sure-bet for the OP now is to sit down and work now. He should try to stabilize his 2-1 first but most especially develop his mind. He should think outside the box. Either he is able to develop a product or service he can MARKET to the world or he develops a marketing strategy to sell the existing products and services. @OP: You have the entire of your final year to discover yourself. The problem is not with the school system in Nigeria but with the students. University education is designed to be research based. You talk about doing business? Yes, you caught a desire to do business and you are now in the university. This would have been an opportunity to research on that product, service, and marketing methodology from your 100level. At final year now you should have been sure of the path to take. But I am sure you were busy pursuing only grades and abstract theories and using foreign casestudies. It is not too late dear. Use your final year, work on something - it might be as your project. Network with colleagues. In your NYSC, intensify on what you have started. Expand the network. Enroll on Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund (GEF) programme, Business Innovation and Growth (BIG) platform etc. There are jobs but only gotten miraculously. And you know something about miracle? No one knows how it works.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
Romanus123:

This is the OPs real intention right here, it must be his alternate moniker
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Collyno82:
which Nigeria education are u refering to? Is there any at all? if yes why are the rich among us sending their children abroad for education? pidgin2 mind ur self ooh

Why do they give our medical doctors, nurses, engineers and most of our professional graduates jobs abroad if our educational system is so backward?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Adebayo4all: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
NigPatriot:
looking at your use of English, its obvious your education is a scam..

u are an idiot and stupid nt to have known u are in social media platform.

#Ewu
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by DonBbongJnr(m): 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
[color=#550000][/color]wow!
Re: I Regret Bitterly Going To University. by Collyno82(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why do they give our medical doctors, nurses, engineers and most of our professional graduates jobs abroad if our educational system is so backward?
they give them after they undergo basic training after they travel abroad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Encounter With Group Of Cultists Today In School / What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) / UNILORIN Exam Questions About 2019 Elections (Political Science)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.