Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,491 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn (605 Views)

Python Dance III: South East Governors Warn Nigerian Army Against Clashing With / Despite Military Presence, Over A Million Cows Have Flooded Benue, Ortom Laments / 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by BlackForeigner: 4:28pm On Jun 03, 2017
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) has warned Nigerians to be wary of consuming killer rice that has flooded the market. A statement by the forum’s Media and Public Affairs, Abulrazaque Bello-Barkindo said a communiqué issued by the forum in Abuja last week held that the imported rice contains poisonous substance that make people sick and even kill some who consume them. The statement however lamented that despite the poisonous nature of the rice, the banned product still finds its way to the Nigerian market on increasing rate. “Governors expressed concern that Nigerians were either falling sick or losing their lives to the consumption of this substandard product even though some states have commenced elaborate efforts to produce rice in commercial quantity with a view to halting the nation’s over-reliance on staples that can be produced locally. “Most governors of the states that have already embraced the back to land mantra of this administration frowned at the situation where Nigerians snubbed the locally produced commodity in preference for foreign ones which were most of the time stale, contaminated or even fake,” the statement said. However, Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Col. Hameed Ali who was represented by Deputy Comptroller General, Dangaladima Aminu said that although some measures have and are being put in place to salvage the situation, border communities, however, are part of the challenges to curbing the menace. The Customs boss said this while briefing the Governors’ Forum on the way out of the killer rice danger. “It may interest you to note that a motorcycle can make up to 30 trips with six 50kg bags of rice per night depending on the distance. And when the border communities are not smuggling the produce themselves, they are aiding or providing cover for smugglers.” He informed the governors that the Customs “takes the issue of smuggling of rice seriously, having identified the danger posed by it to the economic well-being and health hazards it constitutes to the Nigerian people.”
Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by mikeycharles(m): 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
This is corruption, who is responsible for the importation lipsrsealed
Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by divinehand2003(m): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
No source ooooo dear OP
Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by fallout87: 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
So you IMPORTED rice into a country that should be harvesting enough to EXPORT for massive revenue generation.... and you warn that the rice you IMPORTED instead of relying on homegrown.. is poisonous??

This government is truly confused and foolsih to its core.
Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by amani337(m): 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by dessz(m): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
amani337:
Good day nairalanders,
I am a 100l student in need of financial assistance. Few days ago my dad sent me money telling me he's done with me for the semester and he's dealing with the needs of my 3 other siblings in different university. On getting to the ATM I decided to withdraw all the money because if I withdraw for the 3rd time using that ATM #65 will be deducted from my account. From the ATM I went straight to the market to buy foodstuffs and about paying for the goods I bought I couldn't find my money,i don't know how I lost it(maybe inside the tight keke I boarded or it fell down when I was paying the keke driver or I was picked pocket I just can't remember).i had to trek back home and called my dad and narrated what happened to him, he didn't believe me thinking i was trying to scam him and he has stopped receiving my call. My Exams starts 2weeks time and unable to concentrate due to hunger And thinking of how I am going to survive in the next 1 month when I we be through with my exams.
I will be very grateful if you can help me with a little to go through my exams, thanks.

Here is my account details,
First bank:3077401091
lol

Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by Annie939(f): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
not only killer rice both killer beans useless governors
Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by SalamRushdie: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
Probably just ergot growth as result of poor storage
Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by leofab(f): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nigerian government why?
Re: Killer Rice Have Flooded Nigerian Market, Governors Warn by greenmonk: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
BlackForeigner:
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) has warned
Nigerians to be wary of consuming killer rice that
has flooded the market.
A statement by the forum’s Media and Public
Affairs, Abulrazaque Bello-Barkindo said a
communiqué issued by the forum in Abuja last
week held that the imported rice contains
poisonous substance that make people sick and
even kill some who consume them.
The statement however lamented that despite the
poisonous nature of the rice, the banned product
still finds its way to the Nigerian market on
increasing rate.
“Governors expressed concern that Nigerians
were either falling sick or losing their lives to the
consumption of this substandard product even
though some states have commenced elaborate
efforts to produce rice in commercial quantity
with a view to halting the nation’s over-reliance
on staples that can be produced locally.
“Most governors of the states that have already
embraced the back to land mantra of this
administration frowned at the situation where
Nigerians snubbed the locally produced
commodity in preference for foreign ones which
were most of the time stale, contaminated or
even fake,” the statement said.
However, Comptroller-General of the Nigeria
Customs Service, Col. Hameed Ali who was
represented by Deputy Comptroller General,
Dangaladima Aminu said that although some
measures have and are being put in place to
salvage the situation, border communities,
however, are part of the challenges to curbing the
menace.
The Customs boss said this while briefing the
Governors’ Forum on the way out of the killer rice
danger.
“It may interest you to note that a motorcycle can
make up to 30 trips with six 50kg bags of rice per
night depending on the distance. And when the
border communities are not smuggling the
produce themselves, they are aiding or providing
cover for smugglers.”
He informed the governors that the Customs
“takes the issue of smuggling of rice seriously,
having identified the danger posed by it to the
economic well-being and health hazards it
constitutes to the Nigerian people.”
Idiotic governors. You are raising alarm to who when you are the chief security and chief steward of your states. Your misrule is responsible for the cuurent state of the country.

(1) (Reply)

Better Small But Mighty Than Big For Nothing!!! / The Only Thing Good About This Presidency Is Professor Yemi Osinbajo- Reno Omkri / Igbos Storm Kanu’s Compound Demanding For Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.