Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur (9126 Views)

Widow Who Rides Keke, Becomes A Successful Entrepreneur, Inspires Nigerians / Stop Calling Everyone An Entrepreneur / Nkiru Emodi, Shoemaker, Wins Entrepreneur Of The Year Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur by InvertedHammer: 2:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
KillerBeauty:
5 Wrong Reasons for Becoming an Entrepreneur

There are many good reasons to become an entrepreneur. We live in a place and time that not only celebrates entrepreneurship, but makes it both possible and rewarding. Even those of us who never take the plunge at least occasionally fantasize about what it would be like to create and run a business of our own, whether we're after the creative potential, the feeling of autonomy or the chance to follow our dreams.

I firmly believe that anyone with the right dedication can become a successful entrepreneur, regardless of his or her motivations. However, there are some "wrong" reasons to become an entrepreneur, and if they constitute your motivations, you'll be more likely to be dissatisfied with your work, will burn out,or will actually fail.

1. To get rich

Thanks to the popularization of outlier entrepreneurs who seemed to become overnight billionaires, there's a common misconception that entrepreneurship is the fast track to getting rich. As the owner of your business, you'll be entitled to at least a portion of the profits your company makes.

Very true.

Apparently people become entrepreneurs because they are tired of being rich. They cannot wait to have a taste of extreme poverty, so they start investing.
\
Re: 5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur by lordpreceey: 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
no one i suppose want to be poor. being rich and comfortable is one major reason why i choose the entrepreneurial path. this way my life can have meaning and i can add value to peoples lives. so Ogbeni, i don't understand your reason number one. educate me please
Re: 5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur by KillerBeauty(f): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
lordpreceey:
no one i suppose want to be poor. being rich and comfortable is one major reason why i choose the entrepreneurial path. this way my life can have meaning and i can add value to peoples lives. so Ogbeni, i don't understand your reason number one. educate me please

Being motivated only by money will interfere with your ability to make long-term decisions for your business, and will leave you feeling unsatisfied and stressed if you don't meet your target numbers.

I quoted this path of my post which I think you missed. I hope my no 1 point is clearer to you now.
Re: 5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur by Lemmy123(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
flames007:
I disagree with your first point. Why do people venture into bussiness,is it not to make it rich. Although it's not very easy at first and you might not even break even not to talk of making profits for the start.
Guy God go bless you
Re: 5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur by Lemmy123(m): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
OP stop speaking English, it's obvious you're confused. . . what else in god's-green earth would one want to be an enterpreneur for if not for making money?. . . You dey make me vex, please don't say further
Re: 5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur by agrovick(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
I disagree with 4; if your customers and/or members of staff are not happy, then you're treading on murky waters. Satisfaction is important for your business.

I understand the point you are trying to make though
Re: 5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur by jobbers: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. / Top 20 Investment Banks In Nigeria To Work In 2013 / WHY CAREER FAIL By Muyiwa Afolabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.