Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? (8991 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 8:38am On Jan 13
Good morning, Nld Family.

I am seated in my office this morning typing this with very huge double thought and resentment to my job.

I am working with a manufacturing company in the South West state as an Accountant. The company faces a lot of hurdles and the part that affects the whole staff is paying of salary. If orders did not come, we expect salary maybe on the 12 - 20th of the new month. Note, my boss doesn't care if he is owing us salary or not. If I or any senior staff ask him about paying salary, he will directly ask you whether you brought any sales to the company or you gave him money to keep for you.

Ok, that's a bit of the place I work. But what is really bordering me now, since I came here last year, we haven't threaded the same path. We always misunderstood each other at every moment and he doesn't waste a moment to lambast me. Even when am right or wrong. Lastly, this week, he has been complaining since Monday till Friday, yesterday that since I came to the company, I have not added any single value to the firm. That I am just occupying the accountant seat for nothing but receiving salary.

He abuses me in front of any human being, both visitors, Junior staff, senior staff, his family, I mean anybody that comes, he will call me just to tell them how stupid I am to his firm just to shame me. I have expected him to sack me, yet, I don't see that coming and he is not doing like any who will sack me anytime soon.

But this year, we say NO GREE FOR ANYBODY. I went back to my digital works and he has been very mad that I am in his firm making use of my phone to post my business on Facebook and WhatsApp, that why should I do that?

Pls fams, does this really add up that I should resign? Hunger can't kill me because my online is paying and many jobs full here. I tried submitting my CV for interview and guess what, I went for 4 interviews this week only and has 2 interviews Monday and Tuesday next week. Also, 2 company's called me to resume work this coming Monday, one offered me 100k, the other 80k but I have declined 1 and will decline the other today. So, I am very sound that I can get a better place and i know my job very well. Why I am not doing up to his expectations is because the firm is big with 3 company's inside the industry and I am the only accountant, cashier, and Clark to myself. So, isn't easy. And he wants me to do both manual recording and digital recordings which I told him it can't work because it is only me.

So, should I quit or stay for few months because I have a financial target of 150k in 2 - 3 months time. Also, my girlfriend called me lately that she has taken in...

Your advice pls

5 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by lilvicky68(m): 8:45am On Jan 13
How much is your salary in this company?

4 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 8:46am On Jan 13
lilvicky68:
How much is your salary in this company?

A little bit above 100k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by liamjakes247: 9:30am On Jan 13
You alone knows what’s best for you. My 2 cent, Take your time, shot for better offers, settle for the best.

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by emoboy4u: 8:31am On Jan 14
As an accountant, what certifications do you have besides your Bachelors degree? that could be a reason you are getting low-ball offers.

7 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by parkervero(m): 1:44pm On Jan 14
AgbadoDie:

A little bit above 100k

One of the companies offered you 100k, accept it and quit your current job. But if you know your placenta was buried in your current company then continue to experience all manners of insults you are experiencing

58 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Meerahbel: 9:05pm On Jan 14
Rule 1 Never get caught using company property (Internet, office vehicle for personal erand, wifi etc)
Rule 2 Don't forget rule 1

Drop your email, I have job for you, remote accountant if you interested.

You ain't got doh and yet you firing from all cylinders. Welcome to fatherhood, jump ship because baby food and pampers are expensive.

You financial target is actually poor for an accountant,150?! in 2-3 months babay things & ante-natal alone would probably gulp that up, you should be aiming for 2m in 6 months

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Meerahbel: 9:06pm On Jan 14
emoboy4u:
As an accountant, what certifications do you have besides your Bachelors degree? that could be a reason you are getting low-ball offers.
Even certified accountant gan dem they throw 250k they give them.

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 10:31pm On Jan 14
Meerahbel:
Rule 1 Never get caught using company property (Internet, office vehicle for personal erand, wifi etc)

You ain't got doh and yet you firing from all cylinders. Welcome to fatherhood, jump ship because baby food and pampers are expensive.

You financial target is actually poor for an accountant,150?! in 2-3 months babay things & ante-natal alone would probably gulp that up, you should be aiming for 2m in 6 months

Thanks, I have sent you a mail. I am very much interested in the job and I have my medium Gen standby that I use for my online. So, I am almost online 247

6 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Meerahbel: 7:33am On Jan 15
AgbadoDie:

Thanks, I have sent you a mail. I am very much interested in the job and I have my medium Gen standby that I use for my online. So, I am almost online 247
I said drop your email

3 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 10:11pm On Jan 15
Meerahbel:
I said drop your email

Thanks, Boss

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by AgbadoDie: 10:12am On Jan 16
Meerahbel:
I said drop your email

Thanks, Boss
I got the mails.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by chinavs9ja(m): 1:02pm On Jan 16
No

I am a professional website developer and mobile app developer kindly check my signature
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by CelestineNelson: 1:03pm On Jan 16
B
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Righthussle: 1:03pm On Jan 16
Explain all this to your pre.ek first.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by SharingIsLife(m): 1:03pm On Jan 16
They don't pay you as and when due.
They don't respect you.

You have other offers

Your gf is pregnant.

So, why are you asking us what to do?

OK, stay there till 2047.

17 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by free2ryhme: 1:03pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

I am seated in my office this morning typing this with very huge double thought and resentment to my job.

I am working with a manufacturing company in the South West state as an Accountant. The company faces a lot of hurdles and the part that affects the whole staff is paying of salary. If orders did not come, we expect salary maybe on the 12 - 20th of the new month. Note, my boss doesn't care if he is owing us salary or not. If I or any senior staff ask him about paying salary, he will directly ask you whether you brought any sales to the company or you gave him money to keep for you.

Ok, that's a bit of the place I work. But what is really bordering me now, since I came here last year, we haven't threaded the same path. We always misunderstood each other at every moment and he doesn't waste a moment to lambast me. Even when am right or wrong. Lastly, this week, he has been complaining since Monday till Friday, yesterday that since I came to the company, I have not added any single value to the firm. That I am just occupying the accountant seat for nothing but receiving salary.

He abuses me in front of any human being, both visitors, Junior staff, senior staff, his family, I mean anybody that comes, he will call me just to tell them how stupid I am to his firm just to shame me. I have expected him to sack me, yet, I don't see that coming and he is not doing like any who will sack me anytime soon.

But this year, we say NO GREE FOR ANYBODY. I went back to my digital works and he has been very mad that I am in his firm making use of my phone to post my business on Facebook and WhatsApp, that why should I do that?

Pls fams, does this really add up that I should resign? Hunger can't kill me because my online is paying and many jobs full here. I tried submitting my CV for interview and guess what, I went for 4 interviews this week only and has 2 interviews Monday and Tuesday next week. Also, 2 company's called me to resume work this coming Monday, one offered me 100k, the other 80k but I have declined 1 and will decline the other today. So, I am very sound that I can get a better place and i know my job very well. Why I am not doing up to his expectations is because the firm is big with 3 company's inside the industry and I am the only accountant, cashier, and Clark to myself. So, isn't easy. And he wants me to do both manual recording and digital recordings which I told him it can't work because it is only me.

So, should I quit or stay for few months because I have a financial target of 150k in 2 - 3 months time. Also, my girlfriend called me lately that she has taken in...

Your advice pls

You don't need advice

With all that you narrated at your age you are asking children who just left university for advice. Continue

16 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by free2ryhme: 1:04pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

Your advice pls

Yes quickly. People are on queue ready to accept less to resume

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Kolanalife2: 1:05pm On Jan 16
G
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by vikyno(m): 1:06pm On Jan 16
Meerahbel:

Boss please iamavailable o. I am an accountant as well.
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Appswheel(m): 1:06pm On Jan 16
Depending on the savings you have. I will say quit the job.

If I were to be in your position, I will quit the job.

Meanwhile, send me a PM, I maybe in a position to link you with a Job opportunity - I will like to see your CV.

2 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Offpoint1: 1:07pm On Jan 16
Most Nigeria company wants every one to become a marketer, the different departments are just there as disguise. If you're not playing your role and that of the sales/marketing department...Dem go consider you as wastage.

I can take any insult, but you see that salary delays? Na capital NO, if it repeat it self twice or thrice in a roll...........I don japa

6 Likes

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Tonytonex(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16
Stay for the three months to achieve your financial target. And then move.
But act very nicely now.

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by money121(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16
No
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Skillsnigeria: 1:10pm On Jan 16
Hmmm
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by kalemy(m): 1:11pm On Jan 16
This is it
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by kaywhy09(m): 1:12pm On Jan 16
Seems like Show off

1 Like

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Inspirer1: 1:15pm On Jan 16
Well, wait till you get offer letters from the offices you had gone for interview
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by yusuf05: 1:20pm On Jan 16
Pls I am also in need of ACCOUNTANT remote Job, I am a qualified member of ICAN. My mail onibudoyusuf02@gmail.com
Meerahbel:

Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by Dbegining: 1:23pm On Jan 16
QUIT!

Like this, I no get any advise for anybody.

Anything wey you won do, do am!🌚
Re: Should This Make Me To Quit My Job? by UnemployedGradu: 1:28pm On Jan 16
AgbadoDie:

Your advice pls
your girlfriend has taken in.. don't you use Condoms? Of withdrawal? I have stayed with an ex girlfriend for 6 month and we had sex constantly but I was always using withdrawal and never got pregnant. So you have Normal sex 0f releasing semen inside her and you expect her not to be pregnant?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Become A Data Analyst In 3-months / 9 Ways To Save Your Job During Layoff's / Osun Workers Suspend Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.