Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s (15764 Views)

ThisDay Fashionista Page Spotlights Olakunle Churchill In Traditional Attires / Do You Know 2019 Trendy Fashion In All From The ‘90s / 5 Fashion Trends Any Girl Who Grew Up In The 90s Probably Rocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by kajsa08: 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
lonelydora:

You go see nah. It will end 3-2 in favour of Real Madrid
grin na Real Madrid i dey support too. 4
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Burgerlomo: 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
Wow! Gone are those days, I just remembered my three favorites places where I used to by my stuffs back then to do effizy in my area, Kontagora markets for my bend down select of some quality and not so common jeans, shirts, sneakers, and also Mandilas in Lagos for some watches, shoes, clothes all new though, and also Yaba too for some new and bend down select. I can never forget the Okirika dollar design jean that I bought which is far more expensive than buying a new one, but I bought it anyway just because of the quality, ako po ju grin

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by lepasharon(f): 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
Flared jeans are back
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Codyt(m): 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
deepwater:
Cool, I remember designers clothing as well

Sean John
School of hard knocks
Snoop doggy baggy Jean
Seven days Jean
Armani DADA
walkman / discMan
Palito radio
Computer socks for kids
DKNY
Calvin Klein
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by valgbo(m): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
lonelydora:
Omo, that bandana made one looked like a 'bad boy' back in the days. That was how one Anulika on our street follows any guy that ties bandana

Mods, don't you guys watch football?

I'm watching Juventus beat the crap out of Real Madrid.
cough cough

2 Likes

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Olu317(m): 12:29am On Jun 04, 2017
baseball jacket, Calvin Klein's shirts, checkers shirts,Chinos trousers,Crazy jeans, moccasins shoes,Texas shoes etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 04, 2017
U guys don forget durag, I still rock them till date whenever I have the chance.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by LePrezident(m): 6:42am On Jun 04, 2017
MASTERCARD FOR FREE

With the Payoneer pre-paid MasterCard you are able to load cash on your card as and when for transactions both online and offline and it can also be used on all MasterCard ATM and POS machines worldwide and for any Country's currency.

Payoneer is particularly good for online and international transactions. With Payoneer you are automatically validated considering you are able to receive payment for goods and services from any part of the world.

https://share.payoneer.com/nav/6HSucZe6Nd2-C44MXpZYNHIaE94sZb51hnmfvXQLYAfdVUjxG7KWjYLV_aNtMzsE_N-w5lGd2SNdoEOCslNx2g2
and your Payooner MasterCard will be delivered to you FREE OF CHARGE in whichever part of the world you are located....
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Jfrankination(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2017
valgbo:
cough cough
lol
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 04, 2017
calberian:
A pair of Timberland boots were an absolute must.

Timberland Boots! Omo that one na like say you get Benz G.Wagon today. Life is truly vanity. If you know how many guys lost their babes then just because the other guy dey wear timberland.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 04, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
U guys don forget durag, I still rock them till date whenever I have the chance.
There was a time this baby wool hand knitted cap came from nowhere and benched durag and bandana.
I recently saw a pics I took with the baby wool cap in those days and I was wondering what I was thinking to wear such a thing.
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by calberian: 8:13am On Jun 04, 2017
gist4real:

Timberland Boots! Omo that one na like say you get Benz G.Wagon today. Life is truly vanity. If you know how many guys lost their babes then just because the other guy dey wear timberland.

And they're still not cheap for the average secondary schooler. Between $190 and $300

Another one was Birkenstocks sandals and clogs.

And RudeBoy shirts (I heard the dude is a Nigerian . . . whatever happened to the brand)

I don't recognise the OPs picture of kito sandals tho.

Those were the days

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 04, 2017
gist4real:

There was a time this baby wool hand knitted cap came from nowhere and benched durag and bandana.
I recently saw a pics I took with the baby wool cap in those days and I was wondering what I was thinking to wear such a thing.

Lol baby wool, nah.

You guys didn't even remember fubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by samtee37(m): 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Wow... But we do call that dungaree.. Sọmọ dobo(monkey oo) grin

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Lol baby wool, nah.
You guys didn't even remember fubu
For Us By Us We use to rock the jean with this base ball Sean Jean top.
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
gist4real:

For Us By Us
We use to rock the jean with this base ball Sean Jean top.

Abi? Baggie jeans and combat.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by adedayoa2(f): 7:12am On Jun 05, 2017
I remember my friend telling me she'll have different colours of bandana when she gets into the university. I bet she couldn't use one, as e no trend again
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by BaesDiary: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2017
adedayoa2:
I remember my friend telling me she'll have different colours of bandana when she gets into the university. I bet she couldn't use one, as e no trend again

I can't even remember the number of bandana I bought.... cheesy
Re: Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
Pink. Ahhhhhhh... grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Jailed For Tattooing 3-year-old Nephew / Will You Let Your Husband Wear This? / Get Your UK Grade*AA Used Clothes (Bales)@ Our Lagos Office!+ 10% Discount!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.