Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria (9538 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons / ’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ / Jonathan With Wounded Soldiers & Displaced Persons (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Str8talk: 3:51am On Jan 20, 2010
@davidylan
"How is Pat Robertson dangerous? Did any American government official take him any seriously? Is chavez in danger of Robertson? Dumb"

I believe you should admit that ALL extremists are dangerous. If a Muslim leader says we should assasinate somebody, you would condemn him. so why should we not condemn all extremists, irrespective of our personal admiration for one of them

Now, American government officials don't need to take him seriously. It is enough to see his mindset. Let us look at the situation
1. somebody openly calling for the assasination of a foreign head of a state is not my idea of a peace-lover
2. If he says this openly, what is he saying or agitating for outside the public glare?
3. Perhaps he even called for the assasination because he does not have the resources (eg to reach acrosss to venezuela) to carry it out
4. were it a domestic issue, what stops an overzealot follower or one of his admirers to carry out the wish to have somebody liquidated

Fearing somebody who believes in extra-judicial killing is not dumb. I submit that it is wise to say that we don't need such people around here in Nigeria
Nigeria, given its history, cannot have too many people calling for peace
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by H2O2: 4:01am On Jan 20, 2010
davidylan:

Its awfully pathetic the way whimps try to excuse islamic extremism by struggling too desperately to say "oh christians are involved too". I havent seen any evangelist leading his followers to murder innocents in the name of Jesus or blowing up planes. Show us if you know one . . .

where are the terrorist acts of christians? Can you show us pls?
lol this is funny and silly at the same time  grin.  it's not enough to be christian, it has to be an evangelist before it holds merit?  once again, no one is excusing terror, as i pointed out earlier.  must you disqualify or turn a blind eye to terror that doesn't fit your own personal criterion or interpretation?  that they don't blow up planes doesn't make their terror any less significant, and if you need documentations of the pervasion and existence of christian extremism you can peruse google. it blurts out results in a heartbeat.

this is the problem with partisanship. it negates fairness and bases your arguments on emotions rather than logic and truth.

Actually many of you fools know that Robertson would NEVER carry out any such thing. How do you think he intended to overthrow Chavez? undecided
we know nothing.  we dismiss threatening words as threats until the mission is carried out.  stop defending the indefensible.  i refuse to be myopic and biased unlike you.  at least acknowledge the truth.  that's never too much to ask.
how many times have dimwits with extreme views cajoled and brainwashed naive souls into believing murder is the best way?
it all starts from a simple message, until it spreads into a lethal reality.

I get sick of these constant LIES and deliberately false misinterpretation of issues like this. Which followers was he commandoing to go shoot Chavez? There must be millions of his followers, how come NOT ONE has carried a gun or bomb to terrorise venezuela yet? Dumb nonsense.
where is the lie and were is the deliberately false misinterpretation? was i the only one who saw or read what was being said?  are experts liars and deliberate misconstruers too? was he speaking to thin air or talking to himself?

I said and i repeat . . . Robertson has millions more direct followers than Osama . . . who has he threatened just yet? where are they stockpiling their weapons like Osama?
i guess fairness discounts hate until it materializes, right?  same way mutallab was overlooked until his suspicious behavior turned deadly.

don't allow your bias for religion to cloud your reasoning or make you myopic.
at least show some consistency = lol.

calling people fools and whimps doesn't detract from the truth.
i repeat over and again, the problem is extremists and hate-mongers.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by H2O2: 4:02am On Jan 20, 2010
Str8talk:

@davidylan
"How is Pat Robertson dangerous? Did any American government official take him any seriously? Is chavez in danger of Robertson? Dumb"

I believe you should admit that ALL extremists are dangerous. If a Muslim leader says we should assasinate somebody, you would condemn him. so why should we not condemn all extremists, irrespective of our personal admiration for one of them

Now, American government officials don't need to take him seriously. It is enough to see his mindset. Let us look at the situation
1. somebody openly calling for the assasination of a foreign head of a state is not my idea of a peace-lover
2. If he says this openly, what is he saying or agitating for outside the public glare?
3. Perhaps he even called for the assasination because he does not have the resources (eg to reach acrosss to venezuela) to carry it out
4. were it a domestic issue, what stops an overzealot follower or one of his admirers to carry out the wish to have somebody liquidated

Fearing somebody who believes in extra-judicial killing is not dumb. I submit that it is wise to say that we don't need such people around here in Nigeria
Nigeria, given its history, cannot have too many people calling for peace
bros no mind daid jo

anyways peace out folk
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by nguage(m): 4:26am On Jan 20, 2010
Whenever events like this happen, a thread like this is inevitable. Whenever there's a thread like this, "Christianity vs Islam" arguments are always the biggest part of it. There's nothing as "anti-religion" as arguments about religion.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by okunoba(m): 4:49am On Jan 20, 2010
We gain nothing by abusing and dehumanising northerners, if there is a problem which obviously there is, those of us that claim to be civilised should be addressing that problem and looking 4 ways to solve it. The high level of unemployment and illiteracy amongst northern Muslims is the problem. Islam isn`t the problem, Senegal, Mali, Gambia and Burkina Faso are all Muslim countries and u never hear of them killing non Muslims, infact these countries are the most peacefull in west Africa.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by ebor(m): 5:02am On Jan 20, 2010
H202 be articulate and empirical in ur argument; give example of any organised terror act committed by any of the so called christian extremists. the truth is dat, globally, on daily basis, Islamic fundamentalists kill innocent and defenceless civilians in d name of one misguided religious philosophy. Enof of dis senseless bloodletting; now who can fault the US 4including Nigeria on their Security watch list because d primeval tendencies of these mentally deranged almajiris in the north. sad
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by trenchcoat: 6:48am On Jan 20, 2010

treachcoat or what do u call urself, why are u siding this muslims thing? i guess u are a muslim and u are happy abt the way your so called Muslim brothers are setting fire on christian people, have u ever seen a christian setting a Muslim person or areas ablaze?, Ever since i was born, i have never heard of christian setting muslims ablze or fighting Muslims but other wise, is ISLAM truly a RELIGION OF PEACE?, answer me, i am sorry for u, becos that fight does not reach u, that is why u were siding them, may be in this fighting, it u that will be set ablaze or any of your family members, then u will know what is called to loose ones mother. father, sister, brother, nephews, cousins, uncles, aunts etc, through a religious crisis. wa yo person

Lol, I can see u r character blind in d first instance,since u cannot even read what I've typed.I am a Muslim and very proud of it. During the 2001 crisis I have seen where alot of your so called Christians set ablaze alot of Muslims so if u dont know now u know. Be sorry for urself cos by the way u sound ur motive is to set people ablaze, be careful for wat u wish someone cos it might bounce back on u.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by trenchcoat: 7:00am On Jan 20, 2010
Edoyad
Almajiri face, if you like you can register your father's 4th wife's maiden name as your your new username, i will decode your ignorance through your illiteracy.
What is southern zaria in the first place ? Did your imam give you that term while he was farting in your "Face" whilst you were praying to your magic black box in mecca ?
If you have not been to kaduna to know that across the bridge means then i urge you to find any christian from any part of Nigeria who resides in kaduna to educate you.

hmmmm wat a jack ass
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by trenchcoat: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2010

Almajiri face, if you like you can register your father's 4th wife's maiden name as your your new username, i will decode your ignorance through your illiteracy.
What is southern zaria in the first place ? Did your imam give you that term while he was farting in your "Face" whilst you were praying to your magic black box in mecca ?
If you have not been to kaduna to know that across the bridge means then i urge you to find any christian from any part of Nigeria who resides in kaduna to educate you.

jackass
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by trenchcoat: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2010
@kpofkpof (f)
I am really amazed with ur dead lies, u r the type of bicthes that forment more trouble, no wonder u have aids.U think u can spread aids here?

@Idtobson
Yet another jackass
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by H2O2: 9:19am On Jan 20, 2010
ebor:

H202 be articulate and empirical in your argument; give example of any organised terror act committed by any of the so called christian extremists.

the real issue is, it would be discounted with celerity by those who refuse to confess that it exists, or they would excuse it as acts by ediots who are self-proclaimed christians.
the point i've been exhausing is that too many abominable people hide behind religion to diffuse hate.

from recent memory, the christian terrorist bombers who set ablaze US abortion clinics in the '90s.

the crusades.

not forgetting the lovelies in u.s. south of the earlier centuries who justified their misanthropic brutality against blacks with the bible.

no one expects the spanish inquisition

http://armyofgod.com

now cook up a warped , predictable argument . . . think up a spin with immediacy and tell me the above are negligible and insignificant., or not "christians"
the truth is dat, globally, on daily basis, Islamic fundamentalists kill innocent and defenceless civilians in d name of one misguided religious philosophy. Enof of dis senseless bloodletting; now who can . . . . . .
when did i ever argue against any of this?

yes, they're bad, they're bad, they're bad.
i have repeated this ad-infinitum.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 9:25am On Jan 20, 2010
The children of plateau state people go to school and become useful members of their society. You will never see a real plateau man send his child to become an almajiri, or not send the child to school no matter how poor he is. But flip the page and Let's discuss the other person in focus.
Beggars, Polio victims, VVF patients, . . .
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by H2O2: 9:28am On Jan 20, 2010
if you had argued that the terrorists don't fight and blow up planes in the name of the christian religion, i would have conceded with ease, but that wasn't your argument.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by H2O2: 9:29am On Jan 20, 2010
edoyad:

The children of plateau state people go to school and become useful members of their society. You will never see a real plateau man send his child to become an almajiri, or not send the child to school no matter how poor he is. But flip the page and Let's discuss the other person in focus.
Beggars, Polio victims, VVF patients, . . .
what does this mean? lol.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by otokx(m): 9:31am On Jan 20, 2010
This JOS violence is mostly imported by the Muslims who are hell bent on overrunning the Christians who i must confess are impressing me as up to the task.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by H2O2: 9:37am On Jan 20, 2010
^^ are you a heathen?
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 10:02am On Jan 20, 2010
Otokx the people of Jos are just learning what the people of southern kaduna learnt awhile back, these people no matter their obsequios manner they falsely try to penetrate your defences always have one agenda, "Let's impose our islamic-jihadist hegemony".
As you know i don't believe in a god so believe my opinion isn't that much subjective. The annoying part of it is that they so are resistant too modern realities, i don't know if It's by choice or from ignorance. My friend from youth service ,D. Echie- who resides around your area, would return to the lodge with other volunteer corpers frustrated from traversing the town of minna in a bid to vacinate the future almajiris but meeting with stiff resistance in some areas. Those same children are the deformed limbed people you see begging on your streets. As for Echie he stopped going for vacinations the day a father and his friend steered him in the eye and showed him a knife.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Moranike: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2010
I can't see the reason why a mere disagreement over a land/building as the case may be, cause mayhem if at all the people are civilised, we're talking of "Good People, Great Nation" and these IDIOTS that calls themselves HAUSAS took to the streets, i think it's hightime the governor of that state declares state of emergency in all the affected areas, and all those behind this dasdardly act, sent to prison. Fools
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by udennaa: 11:32am On Jan 20, 2010
we all can c how senseless,evil minded n idiotic trenchcoat,h202 n co are,just like their uncircumsised brothers.without mincing of words,iv said it n will keep saying it witout apology,ISLAM IS EVIL.MOSLEMS ARE VAMPIRES N MENTALLY RETARDED;LEGION OF DEMONS WHOSE MISSION IS TO KILL,STEAL N DESTROY XTIANS JUST LIKE THEIR MASTER SATAN.enough of this nonsense;wasting n cutting lives at their prime,destroying people's properties,but contribute bsolutely nothing in any area of life.no group of persons have monopoly of violence,d xtian youths must rise to d challenge angry
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by mtyekinni: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2010
, z
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
H2O2 is an almajiri, if his deception has fo.oled you it hasn't done so to us. Do you know what reading the find print is ?
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
Just spoke to a cousin in jos, every where is calm but the city locked up. She can't even buy credit so i had to buy from here and send to her. May be that's why they're not on NL, many access the web through GPRS and need credit to do so.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by udennaa: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2010
@LONDONER
am not being personal,just that i taught u are one of these sons of the devil whose conscience are dead n are bent on wasting the precious lives of xtians at any slightest provocation.light n darkness have nothing in common.i still cannot understand y we are living in d same country with people whose occupation is rearing of cows;we dont practice d same religion,have no common history,culture etc.they have ruled nigeria for years without progress not even in their own region,putting us in this sorry state we are today.
u should have no sympathy for them.the story about a muslim who went to refurbish his house is a lie,d real cause has been told.most of these people being killed by the idiots are our industrious brothers who are there to open their eyes,have lived there for years n have contributed to the growth of their economy.enough i say is enough;gbam!
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nizoral(f): 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
I dnt undastand y some useles muslims cannt b sober even on Nl, God y did u create such demons in the form human ? God pls protect your people.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by deb(m): 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2010
This is a proof that we are not a terrorist state. After all we haven't bombed anything and our Government
has never deem it fit to curb violence like this in the past. The aszhole almajiris had always gotten away with
their acts why shouldn't they attempt it again? Thank God the christian people are wising up everyday to resist
unjust attacks on them.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pabanton: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2010
FROM JOS,

how can crisis like this be curbed, when there are people in govt (abuja). protecting the trouble makers
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Everfrank(m): 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2010
Most of the people posting on this thread are idiots who think they can take over this forum and convert it to a HATE FORUM. SHAME unto you !
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2010
Everfrank:

Most of the people posting on this thread are idiots who think they can take over this forum and convert it to a HATE FORUM. SHAME unto you !

Nairaland reflects what obtains in Nigeria. Truth is that Islam is synonymous to terrorism, deal with it!
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pak: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2010
edoyad:

Just spoke to a cousin in jos, every where is calm but the city locked up. She can't even buy credit so i had to buy from here and send to her. May be that's why they're not on NL, many access the web through GPRS and need credit to do so.

Guy, thats funny, talking of credit (recharge card) , while many are fighting to access portable water, after two days of 24 hr siege.

Infact i have been subsisting on Cornflakes since morning cos I cant get any other food.

I should soon be going out once again to 'try my luck'. Pray for me.

Anyway, on the brighter side, the only area where we've not heard of any burnings, killings or shootings in the whole of Jos - Bukuru metroplolis is low-cost ( Rumours have it that even far off places like Vom and Pankshi have been affected).
Though I commiserate with those that have lost loved ones and valuables. I just want to thank God for the peace in Low cost , where I stay.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pabanton: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
FROM JOS,

the sporadic gun fire and smoke that filled the air yesterday, has subsided a bit today,

We hope peace returns!!!
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pabanton: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2010
Thats true lowcost has been fairly peaceful,

but GSM recharge cards is also important to let loved ones know ur still alive

@Pak >>Bros, u get cornflakes u dey enjoy o
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by H2O2: 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2010
udennaa:

we all can c how senseless,evil minded n idiotic trenchcoat,h202 n co are,just like their uncircumsised brothers.without mincing of words,iv said it n will keep saying it witout apology,ISLAM IS EVIL.MOSLEMS ARE VAMPIRES N MENTALLY RETARDED;LEGION OF DEMONS WHOSE MISSION IS TO KILL,STEAL N DESTROY XTIANS JUST LIKE THEIR MASTER SATAN.enough of this nonsense;wasting n cutting lives at their prime,destroying people's properties,but contribute bsolutely nothing in any area of life.no group of persons have monopoly of violence,d xtian youths must rise to d challenge angry
you are a cretin.  did i at any instance feign support for hate or an impetus to egg on evil moslems? why the lecture? since when did christians who dissuade hate become tantamount to uncircumcised, mentally retarded, demons, idiots, and of what relevance is your pejorative remark to this thread? gah, you are entitled to your own bile. to each his own.

@edoyad,
na you and your friend sabi. me sef don commot. no be only almajiri you go see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do You Hate The Igbos? / Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Website Hacked By Pakistanis / Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.