Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player (63588 Views)

Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Messi May Not Have Saved Us From Defeat - Sampaoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Rhoteabarca(m): 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
We need not argue for the better btw Messi and Ronaldo now. Let both of dem retire and we can compare their achievements then conclude!
#Simple
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Duru009:
"It will take the world another 100years before thy can see another footballer like messi"..........
Messi from another planet
(Pele of Brazil, De Gazette de sporte, March 19th 2015)

even cr7 @ his best years did not score 70+ goals in a season....
so what do u guys have to say??
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
Rhoteabarca:
We need not argue for the better btw Messi and Ronaldo now. Let both of dem retire and we can compare their achievements then conclude!
#Simple

you are correct
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by drewsman: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:
So because CR7 won last night he has suddenly become better than Messi? We all. Watched both guys go head-to-head in their last El Classico and please remind me who came out tops? Messi of course dismantled real Madrid while CR7 was no where to be found. Juventus wasn't an opposition that could trouble Madrid so my brother no even compare both guys because Messi is the best amongst the two guys cool
I'll like to remind u dat dis same messi played this same juve over two legs without scoring them. if they aren't worthy opponents as y said, then I wonder hw messi and d whole of MSN couldn't break them
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by seniorkachion(m): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
bareal:

Yet magical and unforgettable especially for those that know what beautiful football is all about

No doubt about it. But he failed the longevity test. His glorious years lasted barely 3 years, 2005-2007. He played in the 1999 under 20 WC in Nigeria and announced his appearance on world stage at 2002 WC in Korea -Japan. But until 2005 he was under the shadow of the Brazilian Ronaldo and Rivaldo. His high point was leading Barça to the 2006 UCL. At the 2006 WC he was expected to lead a stellar Brazilian squard to win the WC but not only did Brazil crash out Ronaldinho was unconvincing. By the time Chelsea knocked out Barça at the 2nd round of the 2007 UCL his imperious days was over shortly afterwards.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
Messi kind of faded the moment xavi walked out of barca and iniesta was nagged with injuries
I love messi than Rinaldo
But I hate Barcelona as a club,cus of the way they treat their players
In Madrid,the some poacher is Rinaldo,everyone works for him
In Barcelona,the goals are shared between Suarez,messi and neymar

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
"messivsronaldo.net' for stats. No sentiments!
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by LordAdam16: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
branham890:

and u think cr7 fans don't do that too

messi has raised the bar too high for himself that when he don't get to that high again it looks as if he has not performed!!!
cr7 is really trying to catch up with messi whether you like or not!!!

check through the net and 9 out of 10 would rank messi over cr7 is as simple as ABC!

There is no bar anything.

Who wins more notable trophies between the both of them wins the Ballon D'Or simple as.

CR7 is playing catch up in honors because Messi first had the clean break with a superior Barca side. The Real Madrid side is just coming along and is the best team on the planet now.

If it had happened in reverse, it'll be Messi playing catch up. Both of them have been phenomenal for the past 10 years sharing the stage every year.

As for your ranking, it is about recency bias. Messi had a clean spell first and gave CR7 a clear gap. Of course, many people would tote Messi when he had 4 Ballon D'Ors against CR7's 1. Now, the gap is closing. In January 2018 when CR7 gets the next Ballon D'Or there'd be no gap.

It's embarrassing that Messi lost the lead and not a surprise to us CR7 fans. We always knew it was more about the Barca team and less about LM10.

Good night.

-Lord
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by shandybaba: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:
So because CR7 won last night he has suddenly become better than Messi? We all. Watched both guys go head-to-head in their last El Classico and please remind me who came out tops? Messi of course dismantled real Madrid while CR7 was no where to be found. Juventus wasn't an opposition that could trouble Madrid so my brother no even compare both guys because Messi is the best amongst the two guys cool

So messi no play when Juve beat them 3-0 and played 0-0 in Barca home. The Juve that beat Barco with Messi na him Madrid beat like kid 4-1 for final for that matter.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by zino01: 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
There's is no player on this earth that can match messi
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Afam4eva(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
shandybaba:

So messi no play when Juve beat them 3-0 and played 0-0 in Barca home. The Juve that beat Barco with Messi na him Madrid beat like kid 4-1 for final for that matter.
So, playing against JUve has now become the criteria to use in comparing players. Some of you are just ludicrou with some of the things you bring up. As if Messi not playing in the premiership is not enough for you guys to masturbate with.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by drewsman: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:
people always like to live in the hour, when messi wins another champion league, watch everyone jump on his bandwago again. WHat has Ronaldo won that messi hasnt? Ronaldo has not even played a world cup final
Ronaldo won euro while messi lost copa america twice
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Mathkid007: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
ikorodureporta:
If Messi cannot leave barca for anotha club to show us what he's got....forget him. I still rate CR7 far above him!
Mr Reporter, Pele never left Santos to Europe to prove his worth yet he is one of the best ever
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by bareal(m): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
seniorkachion:

No doubt about it. But he failed the longevity test. His glorious years lasted barely 3 years, 2005-2007. He played in the 1999 under 20 WC in Nigeria and announced his appearance on world stage at 2002 WC in Korea -Japan. But until 2005 he was under the shadow of the Brazilian Ronaldo and Rivaldo. His high point was leading Barça to the 2006 UCL. At the 2006 WC he was expected to lead a stellar Brazilian squard to win the WC but not only did Brazil crash out Ronaldinho was unconvincing. By the time Chelsea knocked out Barça at the 2nd round of the 2007 UCL his imperious days was over shortly afterwards.

What longitivity test are you talking about? didn't you watch his magic at PSG before joining Barcelona? didn't you watch his spectacular free kick goal against England at the world cup 2002? Let me remind you that Brazil went on to win that world cup curtsey Ronaldinho's contribution, something neither Ronaldo nor Messi have achieved.
He may not have stayed long like the 2 of them but, certainly in a spectacular class of his own. This guy showed the world how easy and enjoyable football can be to Yves extent that people named anything magical after him.....Babadinho, I hail you!

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by olayinkayk: 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
are you insinuating that ronaldo is not talented??
taoheedoriloye:
You are right , you said messi is talented. so you nil it right there.
on whole level my brother Madrid team is far better than barca this season no doubt about that.infact, some of their laliga matches, they won without Ronaldo, bale or benzema.
you can imagine players like rodriguez, morata basquez, even isco were bench warmers.
best team won
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Mathkid007: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
LordAdam16:

You are a LM10 fan, don't make absurd claims.

Messi is not better than Ronaldo. And I'm sick of the talent card or that he is more fun to watch.

All Messi does is glue the ball to his feet and run past players. That's all he does.

And if you want to talk about if that is the most entertaining thing in football. Then you didn't watch Ronaldinho play.

What Ronaldinho, Zizinho, Garrincha did with the ball, Pele, Maradona, and Messi can't fathom. Those people made football an art form.

Messi went to Barca at age 13 and trained at La Masia for at least 7 hours per day for 5 years before his debut. The only thing he has above Xavi and Iniesta is dribbling and goal scoring. In creativity, vision, passing, he is not at the same level as those two unsung heroes.

And that brings me to my main point, the game of football rewards goal scorers and achievers. That's how we measure the best players. Add a bit of skill, dribbling, or flair, and there's a straight ticket to the hall of fame.

If Messi wasn't scoring goals he wouldn't win a Ballon D'or. Ditto for Ronaldo.

Look at Barcelona's squad of 2009-2013? Replace Messi with any world class player from Neymar to Hazard to Dybala and they'd win the exact same number of trophies and Ballon D'ors that Messi won. If that same world class player played for Barcelona from 13 years of age, it'd be just as easy for the player.

In fact, this is the first time you'd be hearing this, but Barcelona didn't need Messi in that time period to win trophies. The proof is in the fact that between 2008 and 2013, the Spanish National Team was without doubt the best team in the world and won every tournament they participated in. Messi was not in that team, but the core of the team was Barcelona.

On the flip side, look at Ronaldo. When he was younger he was great at showboating but wasn't as clinical as he is now. Ronaldo started winning Ballon D'ors when he started achieving and he played in teams (sporting lisbon, manchester united, and real madrid) that were about critical, ruthless finishing than beautiful possession football and he adapted his game appropriately. Messi on the other hand played in a team that is about entertaining, possession football and that became his identity.

Ronaldo does not have to dribble 5 players to score a goal, because that is unnecessary in Madrid's team. In fact from Man U, Sir Alex had already weaned him of less flair and made him concentrate more on his clinical ability. Messi does not even have to dribble 5 players to score a goal, because the entire Barcelona team can pass a ball into the net. Spain won games and tournaments without a player running past multiple players to score or lay a pass.

But when you talk about Ronaldo's clinical ability, there is no word to describe it. The timing of his runs, positioning, goal scoring technique is all down to intelligence and being a smarter player overall. He knows he doesn't have to showboat, he has passed that stage. All his showboating won him 1 Ballon D'or and 1 champions league. His clinical ability and goal scoring got him 3 Ballon D'or's, 3 champions league, 1 Euro cup, and 5 consecutive UEFA golden boots. If you are Ronaldo, what would you do then, more showboating, or just honing your clinical ability and becoming the best finisher in the history of the sport?

There's Isco, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro to do all the passing, all he has to do is be part of the ruthless attack and finish where necessary or make an assist. Even when Barcelona was at their top form, he was outscoring Messi consistently scoring 50 goals per year since 2010, getting Real Madrid to the Semi Finals of the UEFA Champions league, and trailing Barcelona in the league. This was in a time of inconsistency in the Bernabeu (Perez sold Ozil and Di Maria in their prime) and this was without the Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets midfield (the best midfield post-2000) that Messi had.

Just look at the difference. Messi is out there running past Alavez players in a Copa Del Rey final, while Ronaldo is making himself available to make clinical finishes against the best defense of the season. Allegri said that even if they gave Barcelona an extra hour, they still wouldn't have found the back of the net. Ronaldo found it in 20 minutes. Found a second 40 minutes later. Look at his second goal yesterday. Modric did not even look before crossing the ball into the area, but Ronaldo anticipated the run and positioned himself to rattle the mighty BBC defense and slot past the goalkeeper legend, something the entire MSN couldn't do in 120 minutes.

Give me that versus Messi's run and I'll choose Ronaldo's clinical ability everyday.

As at 2012 in the peak of Messi's career on the back of an unbelievable Barcelona team, he had 4 Ballon D'ors to Ronaldo's 1. 3 Champions league to Ronaldo's 1. In 2012, the jury was out already that Messi was miles ahead because despite Ronaldo becoming an accomplished goal scorer and skillful player, he just wasn't getting the results that Messi got.

Fast forward 5 years and Ronaldo has won 3 of the last 4 champion's leagues, and is set to win 4 of the last 5 Ballon D'Ors, and is the top UEFA goal scorer for each of the last 5 years. This is at a time of his career when he should be declining.

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is evident in this year's UEFA goal tally. Messi had 11 versus Ronaldo's 2 before the knockout stages. Yet Ronaldo outscored Messi. Give me that versus running past players, and I'd choose the former everyday. That's what makes Ronaldo the better player. He doesn't have a peak. He keeps outdoing himself because he doesn't have a competition.

Without Suarez and Xavi, Messi wouldn't have had the treble in '15. And since then it has been downhill for him and his team. And the future is even more bleak for him going forward as Iniesta withers off. I wouldn't write him off, but as long as Ronaldo keeps breaking records and redefining what it means to be the greatest player to have ever played the game, the accolades would keep coming his way.

Messi plays amazing football, but in modern football love goes to the top achievers and goal scorers. After all, goals earn points. Most of the love Messi gets right now is because of what he achieved in 2009-2013. All of the love Ronaldo gets right now is because of what he keeps achieving since 2007.

Notice how I did not even talk about international duty? Or about Ronaldo adapting and achieving phenomenal results in two different leagues?

So, as I said, you are an LM10 fan. Every CR7 fan knows why CR7 is better than Messi. That's the passage of rites to becoming a CR7 fan.

-Lord
Lengthy Trash

2 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by zainkay: 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Abimloaded(m): 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
drewsman:

Ronaldo won euro while messi lost copa america twice
Portugal won Euro not Ronaldo.
Team win trophies not player.
As a matter if fact, Ronaldo didn't play 60mins in that match.

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by zainkay: 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
comparing messi with ronaldo is an exercise of ignorance...

the football world acknowledge the brilliance of messi only Madrid fanboys will agree less, that's why he is being compare with the likes of Pele, maradona

All messi needs is to win the world cup to cement his name as the GOAT
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by vickylincon(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
jaymichael:
The way some people just lie down in their "dirty" rooms and comfortably type rubbish just amazes me. Imagine the guy saying Ronaldo cannot dribble. Did you remember that Ashley Cole clip we used to watch on our Java phones back in the days?
as in ehn
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by xjiggy: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:
see Mumu. The same Juventus wey dismantle Barca. Shey Messi no play both legs? Òdè
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Diastone: 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mathkid007:
Lengthy Trash
yh to you, coz u know nothing!
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by ogbonti: 11:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
Rossikki:
Messi is better than Ronaldo. Pure and simple. OP, too much grammar.

Messi was clueless against Juventus home and away

CR7 made Juventus look like Igbobi college team

Now who is better? grin
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by MJBOLT: 12:07am On Jun 05, 2017

People saying messi doesn't have a national trophy are ignorant

Messi is an Olympic gold medalist for his country and has won the u-20 world cup for Argentina, all this people will just let sentiments cloud their judgment…I know some one will say that was the u-20 WC or it's just an olympic gold medal but It changes nothing, it's still part of his achievements…

2 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by MJBOLT: 12:09am On Jun 05, 2017

Foolishness is when a student is making it in class 5 but you want him to go and prove himself in class 2.
Ronaldo took steps to get to high class team like Madrid... just like many other players.
Example is passing your test to get promoted.
He started from Sporting, to United and finally in Madrid... so do you think he will leave Madrid now?
If Ronaldo started his career in Madrid, he wouldn't have moved to EPL...both Barca and Madrid are top European clubs, but Ronaldo wasn't good enough to start from Madrid in the beginning of his career...he needed to prove himself in Sporting and United first.
Whereas Messi was good enough to start his career in Barca.

4 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Rapahel1116: 12:14am On Jun 05, 2017
?
MJBOLT:

Foolishness is when a student is making it in class 5 but you wants him to go and prove himself in class 2.
Ronaldo took steps to get to high class team like Madrid... just like many other players.
He started from Sporting, to United and finally in Madrid... so do you think he will leave Madrid now?
If Ronaldo started his career in Madrid, he wouldn't have moved to EPL...both Barca and Madrid are top European clubs, but Ronaldo wasn't good enough to start from Madrid in the beginning of his career...he needed to prove himself in Sporting and United first.

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Rapahel1116: 12:15am On Jun 05, 2017
Guy...na EPL fanboys stupid analysis of football b DAT....come to EPl?..... which of the clubs in EPL is greater Dan barca ?even my man city na 100x of barca
MJBOLT:

Foolishness is when a student is making it in class 5 but you wants him to go and prove himself in class 2.

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by MJBOLT: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2017
those people are dumb even ineista has spent all this career at Barcelona but Because he has never played for another league, he should not be considered a legend…those people know the truth but Won't say it

Rapahel1116:
Guy...na EPL fanboys stupid analysis of football b DAT....come to EPl?..... which of the clubs in EPL is greater Dan barca ?even my man city na 100x of barca
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by DarkRebel69: 12:45am On Jun 05, 2017
Secrets11:

Don't mind these self-absorbed fanboys who are either too biased or too blind to see that Messi is infinitely better than Ronaldo. It's okay to prefer CR7 to Messi, but to outrightly claim he's better, despite the universe of evidence that suggests otherwise, is pure lunacy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by DarkRebel69: 1:11am On Jun 05, 2017
LordAdam16:

[s]You are a LM10 fan, don't make absurd claims.

Messi is not better than Ronaldo. And I'm sick of the talent card or that he is more fun to watch.

All Messi does is glue the ball to his feet and run past players. That's all he does.

And if you want to talk about if that is the most entertaining thing in football. Then you didn't watch Ronaldinho play.

What Ronaldinho, Zizinho, Garrincha did with the ball, Pele, Maradona, and Messi can't fathom. Those people made football an art form.

Messi went to Barca at age 13 and trained at La Masia for at least 7 hours per day for 5 years before his debut. The only thing he has above Xavi and Iniesta is dribbling and goal scoring. In creativity, vision, passing, he is not at the same level as those two unsung heroes.

And that brings me to my main point, the game of football rewards goal scorers and achievers. That's how we measure the best players. Add a bit of skill, dribbling, or flair, and there's a straight ticket to the hall of fame.

If Messi wasn't scoring goals he wouldn't win a Ballon D'or. Ditto for Ronaldo.

Look at Barcelona's squad of 2009-2013? Replace Messi with any world class player from Neymar to Hazard to Dybala and they'd win the exact same number of trophies and Ballon D'ors that Messi won. If that same world class player played for Barcelona from 13 years of age, it'd be just as easy for the player.

In fact, this is the first time you'd be hearing this, but Barcelona didn't need Messi in that time period to win trophies. The proof is in the fact that between 2008 and 2013, the Spanish National Team was without doubt the best team in the world and won every tournament they participated in. Messi was not in that team, but the core of the team was Barcelona.

On the flip side, look at Ronaldo. When he was younger he was great at showboating but wasn't as clinical as he is now. Ronaldo started winning Ballon D'ors when he started achieving and he played in teams (sporting lisbon, manchester united, and real madrid) that were about critical, ruthless finishing than beautiful possession football and he adapted his game appropriately. Messi on the other hand played in a team that is about entertaining, possession football and that became his identity.

Ronaldo does not have to dribble 5 players to score a goal, because that is unnecessary in Madrid's team. In fact from Man U, Sir Alex had already weaned him of less flair and made him concentrate more on his clinical ability. Messi does not even have to dribble 5 players to score a goal, because the entire Barcelona team can pass a ball into the net. Spain won games and tournaments without a player running past multiple players to score or lay a pass.

But when you talk about Ronaldo's clinical ability, there is no word to describe it. The timing of his runs, positioning, goal scoring technique is all down to intelligence and being a smarter player overall. He knows he doesn't have to showboat, he has passed that stage. All his showboating won him 1 Ballon D'or and 1 champions league. His clinical ability and goal scoring got him 3 Ballon D'or's, 3 champions league, 1 Euro cup, and 5 consecutive UEFA golden boots. If you are Ronaldo, what would you do then, more showboating, or just honing your clinical ability and becoming the best finisher in the history of the sport?

There's Isco, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro to do all the passing, all he has to do is be part of the ruthless attack and finish where necessary or make an assist. Even when Barcelona was at their top form, he was outscoring Messi consistently scoring 50 goals per year since 2010, getting Real Madrid to the Semi Finals of the UEFA Champions league, and trailing Barcelona in the league. This was in a time of inconsistency in the Bernabeu (Perez sold Ozil and Di Maria in their prime) and this was without the Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets midfield (the best midfield post-2000) that Messi had.

Just look at the difference. Messi is out there running past Alavez players in a Copa Del Rey final, while Ronaldo is making himself available to make clinical finishes against the best defense of the season. Allegri said that even if they gave Barcelona an extra hour, they still wouldn't have found the back of the net. Ronaldo found it in 20 minutes. Found a second 40 minutes later. Look at his second goal yesterday. Modric did not even look before crossing the ball into the area, but Ronaldo anticipated the run and positioned himself to rattle the mighty BBC defense and slot past the goalkeeper legend, something the entire MSN couldn't do in 120 minutes.

Give me that versus Messi's run and I'll choose Ronaldo's clinical ability everyday.

As at 2012 in the peak of Messi's career on the back of an unbelievable Barcelona team, he had 4 Ballon D'ors to Ronaldo's 1. 3 Champions league to Ronaldo's 1. In 2012, the jury was out already that Messi was miles ahead because despite Ronaldo becoming an accomplished goal scorer and skillful player, he just wasn't getting the results that Messi got.

Fast forward 5 years and Ronaldo has won 3 of the last 4 champion's leagues, and is set to win 4 of the last 5 Ballon D'Ors, and is the top UEFA goal scorer for each of the last 5 years. This is at a time of his career when he should be declining.

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is evident in this year's UEFA goal tally. Messi had 11 versus Ronaldo's 2 before the knockout stages. Yet Ronaldo outscored Messi. Give me that versus running past players, and I'd choose the former everyday. That's what makes Ronaldo the better player. He doesn't have a peak. He keeps outdoing himself because he doesn't have a competition.

Without Suarez and Xavi, Messi wouldn't have had the treble in '15. And since then it has been downhill for him and his team. And the future is even more bleak for him going forward as Iniesta withers off. I wouldn't write him off, but as long as Ronaldo keeps breaking records and redefining what it means to be the greatest player to have ever played the game, the accolades would keep coming his way.

Messi plays amazing football, but in modern football love goes to the top achievers and goal scorers. After all, goals earn points. Most of the love Messi gets right now is because of what he achieved in 2009-2013. All of the love Ronaldo gets right now is because of what he keeps achieving since 2007.

Notice how I did not even talk about international duty? Or about Ronaldo adapting and achieving phenomenal results in two different leagues?

So, as I said, you are an LM10 fan. Every CR7 fan knows why CR7 is better than Messi. That's the passage of rites to becoming a CR7 fan.

-Lord[/s]

Fact-distorting, outrageously biased, sentimental load of unprintable crap!

1. Ronaldo is an excellent, matter-of-fact goal-scorer

2. Messi is the BETTER OVERALL player seeing as he scores, creates, and achieves - even with limited resources

No lengthy thesis is needed to prove a non-existent point; the stats sing it all. All these sophomoric swill doesn't alter what's known universally amongst true football heads. And, next time, even if you decide to launch into an emotionally-charged, non-objective spiel, endeavour to keep it crisp and short so as not to unnecessarily eat up space. “Brevity is the soul of wit” . . .so said a man named William Shakespeare. Ciao.

2 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by DarkRebel69: 1:33am On Jun 05, 2017
MJBOLT:

Foolishness is when a student is making it in class 5 but you want him to go and prove himself in class 2.

Na true foolishness, I swear! grin grin

Demanding Messi must play outside of La Liga before he can be considered amongst the greats is like asking Stephen Spielberg to paddle the waters of Nollywood so as to prove himself. Prove himself to who? Redundant logic everywhere!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

You Come To Our Country, You Know What Makes Us Angry And You Do It - Qatari / Emmanuel Adebayor Shares First Message As A Muslim. / Osimhen Taken In For Random Dope Test After Cameroun Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.