Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player (63557 Views)

Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Messi May Not Have Saved Us From Defeat - Sampaoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by LordAdam16: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
naturalwaves:

Nice schooling. People just generally dislike Ronaldo for no reason. Most people that wanted Juve to win want that all because of Ronaldo but the more the hate, the more his shine. He was interviewed yesterday and he said he wonders what else his critics have to say this time around and asked them to look at the numbers he has stacked up because NUMBERS DON'T LIE. He is just too awesome! Ronaldo has delivered more than *100 of the amount he was bought.

LM10 fans are the worst.

Between 2009 and 2012, Messi was touted as the best. Hard to argue against the numbers.

Ronaldo was skillful and getting more goals, but LM10 fans were like Messi was getting results.

Now that the table has changed, LM10 fans no longer care about who is getting results.

When Messi scores a one-touch shot, it is called a magical touch. When CR7 scores same type of shot, it is called a tap-in.

It is annoying.

Messi scores in the el-Clasico despite not scoring in the last five el-Clasicos, LM10 fans say he is better than CR7. CR7 scores two goals in 70 minutes against the best defensive side that MSN couldn't score against in 120 minutes, and to them he is just a poacher.

The double standard is sickening.

Then when they can't keep up, they say Messi is more talented than Ronaldo. When the comparison is like saying Mozart is more talented than Micheal Jackson. Both of them use their talent in different ways. Messi to run past players with a dribble. Ronaldo to skillfully beat and outrun players. Their goal scoring techniques are different, but the end result is the same, the ball hits the back of the net.

The confederations cup is starting later this month. I'm waiting for the excuses to roll in when Ronaldo likely becomes the highest goal scorer in the tournament or if Portugal goes the extra mile and win the tournament.

They can keep the hate coming, CR7 would keep blowing holes into their numerous silly arguments.

-Lord

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mccullum:
Both created with different quality, Messi is skillful while Ronaldo has little skill with a lot of pace and both assisting their team to win games by scoring goals,

What helps Messi is that he started his football career in Barcelona, Had it been Ronaldo start his football career in Real Madrid or Barcelona he'll be more successful than Messi.

Ronaldo is the best footballer in this planet.

I partially agree!!
but you know he won't walk his way into the starting eleven, even messi did not

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is a generation where Van basten - type of player is better than Cruyff-type of player. RIP football!

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by SuperSuave(m): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
humilitypays:
No, Ronaldo is just too lucky, no special talent in his footballing skill....he can't dribble, can't do leg-over, can't skip, etc but can run....he is just lucky that after his teammates finishes the job, he will be at the right place at the right time to kick the ball into the net.

Messi is skillful, talented but not as lucky as Cristiano Ronaldo...Arjen Robben is even more gifted than Cristiano, but luck has never been on his side just like Garreth B.....no wonder the Bible said, the race is not for the swift nor the wise, but of God who showeth mercy....grace is all we need to succeed in life not even talent cos so many talented people are hungry and wasting while some fortunate people are making it big like my uncle Goodluck Jonathan who operates under the power of grace and divine favor!

God is also favoring Cristiano because he is so kind and generous; all his childhood friends are feeding and balling with his wealth...he takes care of them and many more unlike Messi and other stingy people who don't know that God blessed them to bless people around them....God loves kind and generous people but hates prideful, pompous and wicked people, even if they prosper, their success doesn't last like kind/generous people, be kind to your friends and family from today if God has blessed usmiley
I was just confident days before the game that Madrid will win simply because Ronaldo is a lucky player.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Judolisco(m): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
tolexy123:
Lesson: Talent without hard work fades easily.

Ronaldo may not be as talented as mercy but hardwork has gotten him to where he is now.

Up Manchester United
tap in na hard work now d nigga jst get positioning
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by inventor432(m): 1:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
another mumu sighted!
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by skimmy005: 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
MESSI is still the best player ever, messi no get rival, u can compare CR7 with neymar not messi bcus messi is extra ordinary

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by naturalwaves: 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
branham890:

you know ball @ all
if someone say ronaldinho plays without stress does it mean he don't sweat during games??
cant u think??
or is ur brain not functioning
Not only do you need a refund from your logic teacher, you need one from whoever taught you English as well. If you weren't daft, you would have known that I punctured your point in a witty manner.Play without stress ko, play withouth head ni. You could have as well said he does not even think and use his head when he plays because he is gifted already.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Misterdhee1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
MONITZ:
I am not a fan of Messi bt truth has to be told and it is: "Messi is a mire talented player than Ronaldo because he makes football so easy that u think he is from a different planet,and moreover Ronaldo saw Messi as a rival and had to work extra-hard to arrive and be on the same level with him.

I don't think Messi works as hard as Ronaldo to achieve all he does because it's innate.. And Messi appears to slowing down while Ronaldo is now firing on all cylinders and with no signs of slowing down soon.
Wtf do you mean by slowing down? Messi has continued to mature over the years. This year, he was simply unfortunate to have been in a Barca side that had a stupid coach. If not for Messi, barca would have lost the trophy by far more than 3 points. Not only that, he had the highest number of goals in Europe.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by johnpaulbuddy(m): 1:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
grin
Secrets11:
So because CR7 won last night he has suddenly become better than Messi? We all. Watched both guys go head-to-head in their last El Classico and please remind me who came out tops? Messi of course dismantled real Madrid while CR7 was no where to be found. Juventus wasn't an opposition that could trouble Madrid so my brother no even compare both guys because Messi is the best amongst the two guys cool
juventus couldn't trouble madrid(ronaldo) but could trouble barca(messi)...what makes Messi better,ronaldo uses both feet,he is good on air,he has speed,his dribbling ability has dropped due to old age(check back to his days at sportings)...Messi just creates more chances than him,dats all...dis guy has achieved everywhere both club and country...took his country to d last world cup,help dem get to euro finals and so on...take away barca from messi and tell me wat yu have
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Misterdhee1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jflex07:
But juventus troubled Barça. Messi couldn't score even a single goal against juve whereas Christiano would have ended with a hatrick
Lol. U don't use that analogy bro.. On a normal day, Juve cant stop Messi. We all watched the 2014 final naw
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Rapahel1116: 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
Na dis one pain me pass self....I no wan talk BT I go talk.....guy who is a complete player.?....ronaldo is a complete forward messi is a complete player ....messi can play as a 9,11,7,10,8,even as a defencibe midfielder.... Ronaldo can only play as a winger or Cf...so tel me who's the complete player?
Ijaya123:

The same Juventus that bundled out Barca in the quarter final?

That means Barca is no match for Madrid.

CR7 is a more complete player than Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Misterdhee1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
gameboyo:

But same juventus humbled barca
And the same Messi's barca humbled Madrid at their home grin
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by bottlecap: 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:
So because CR7 won last night he has suddenly become better than Messi? We all. Watched both guys go head-to-head in their last El Classico and please remind me who came out tops? Messi of course dismantled real Madrid while CR7 was no where to be found. Juventus wasn't an opposition that could trouble Madrid so my brother no even compare both guys because Messi is the best amongst the two guys cool
but messi also face the same juve and cold not do anything after 180 of minutes football.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Misterdhee1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Dnt mind Messi. He's unprofessional. If u'r that good, u shld be featuring in all leagues worldwide. If na me be fifa, i no go consider am for world's best.....
This sentiment makes no sense. And is an insult to Messi's personality. Players don't just move. They move when they have reasons to do so.. Messi in his right senses, won't leave Barca for any other team except Real Madrid and that itself is very very impossible. Do you think Ronaldo would have left Real Madrid for Manchester Utd if he had started in Madrid? Very very unlikely. Players move to bigger sides, not smaller ones.

3 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
henrixx:
no. I disagree. I only believe Messi made Ronaldo a better player. Messi was destined for greatness. I remember an article on goal.com years back after that u20 win against Nigeria where the writer boldly claimed that Messi could go on to win the Ballon dor for many years as he's fiercely talented. Everyone who saw him knew it.

But that can't be said of Ronaldo, Ronaldo in his quest to be great found Messi in his way and had to work hard to be the best. U can see it in the way he plays and reacts to media about Messi comparisons

you 110% correct!!
he is playing catch up with messi, but most people don't see it
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by LordAdam16: 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
eni4real:
This is a generation where Van basten - type of player is better than Cruyff-type of player. RIP football!

Don't compare Cruyff and Messi at all.

Don't ever make that mistake in your life. Cruyff has no equal. Cruyff doesn't score as many goals nor does he dribble as much, but his intelligence is what makes him a legend. Pele, Maradonna, Messi, Ronaldinho play football with their feet, Cryuff plays with his head.

Comparing Van Basten to CR7 is heresy. Van Basten is in Henry, Figo, Raul, Totti's league. And this league is below the league of Di Stefano, Zidane, El Fenomeno (R9) etc...

CR7 is creating a league of his own. Before he came on the scene, everyone thought what it took to be a GOAT was flair, a respectable number of goals and an international trophy. Every player was judged by that metric. CR7 started out with flair, a respectable number of goals, and almost had his first international trophy in 2004 before he had even matured.

Then he revamped the rules.

What you need to be a GOAT now is to be a decider and results-getter, be at the top level for an insane amount of time, and break records like a broomstick.

-Lord
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
Misterdhee1:

This sentiment makes no sense. And is an insult to Messi's personality. Players don't just move. They move when they have reasons to do so.. Messi in his right senses, won't leave Barca for any other team except Real Madrid and that itself is very very impossible. Do you think Ronaldo would have left Real Madrid for Manchester Utd if he had started in Madrid? Very very unlikely. Players move to bigger sides, not smaller ones.

very correct!!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by naturalwaves: 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
LordAdam16:

LM10 fans are the worst.

Between 2009 and 2012, Messi was touted as the best. Hard to argue against the numbers.

Ronaldo was skillful and getting more goals, but LM10 fans were like Messi was getting results.

Now that the table has changed, LM10 fans no longer care about who is getting results.

When Messi scores a one-touch shot, it is called a magical touch. When CR7 scores same type of shot, it is called a tap-in.

It is annoying.

Messi scores in the el-Clasico despite not scoring in the last five el-Clasicos, LM10 fans say he is better than CR7. CR7 scores two goals in 70 minutes against the best defensive side that MSN couldn't score against in 120 minutes, and to them he is just a poacher.

The double standard is sickening.

Then when they can't keep up, they say Messi is more talented than Ronaldo. When the comparison is like saying Mozart is more talented than Micheal Jackson. Both of them use their talent in different ways. Messi to run past players with a dribble. Ronaldo to skillfully beat and outrun players. Their goal scoring techniques are different, but the end result is the same, the ball hits the back of the net.

The confederations cup is starting later this month. I'm waiting for the excuses to roll in when Ronaldo likely becomes the highest goal scorer in the tournament or if Portugal goes the extra mile and win the tournament.

They can keep the hate coming, CR7 would keep blowing holes into their numerous silly arguments.

-Lord
Exactly, the sentiments is sickening. Does it not take great intelligence to position oneself to even do the tap in? Why couldn't Messi do a tap in against Juve? Ronaldo is so intelligent such that theoment Bale arrived, he changed his style a little bit by not running helter skelter leaving that to the younger ones to do as age is no longer on his side. His technical awareness is awesome. Never would a ball go acroos the face of goal and Ronaldo won't be there. See the way he followed up Modric's cross. He ran into that space in less than 2 seconds. Not only did he connect with the ball but spinned it and bent his boot while doing so such that the ball was placed on the inside of the other part of the net way way beyond Buffon's reach. Only a world class player like Ronaldo can do that and the moment he scored that goal, nerves were already settled. His opener was another mad goal with great technique. This dude make big things seem ordinary and all these idiots roaming around would not even commend him for once rather, his efforts are not always enough and anytime they have nothing to say, they come with the regular line of Messi is better than Ronaldo. Messi has only few things he does better than Ronaldo like he being able to manouvre tight spaces and dribble through and that is due to his center of gravity. Nature favours short players in this regard talkless of a midget. Messi also has a better acceleration but Ronaldo has a better velocity. Messi has a slightly better shot accuracy than Ronaldo. Aside these, nothing else......Ronaldo is dual footed, Messi is one legged. Ronaldo has a far better shot power. Ronaldo is better in the air and so on.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by fabulous80: 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
You don't know what you are talking about. YouTube can you mould your opinion. Ronaldo is no more playing fancy football. He's better. Should he play in a team like Barca?...
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Misterdhee1(m): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
How exactly is Messi more talented? Messi plays like he's fighting and football is a big deal. Ronaldo plays like he's doing nothing while achieving much. What is talent? Talent is the natural ability to do something well and efficiently without putting much efforts and work.
This is the most hilarious comments on this thread..Messi plays like he is fighting, lol.. Dude u need to update your sixth sense when you are watching football. Jeez!
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
naturalwaves:

Not only do you need a refund from your logic teacher, you need one from whoever taught you English as well. If you weren't daft, you would have known that I punctured your point in a witty manner.Play without stress ko, play withouth head ni. You could have as well said he does not even think and use his head when he plays because he is gifted already.

keep insult aside
you are a football fan ryt?
from what year? I don't know!!
YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NOT HEARD the statement "he plays without stress"??
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Misterdhee1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
tolexy123:
Those are unnecessary rants and off-point complaints.

Back to ur complaints btw, before the likes of suarez and neymar came to barca, messi has been the only outstanding and consistent player and also a prolific finisher by the way and the glory was all about him and him alone but with the intoduction/advent of neymar and suarez who are exceptionally good too with world best potentials, the competition became so stiff and tight that the only goals messi do score then are now shared between the trio (messi, Suarez and neymar).

But real madrid on the other hand has only ronaldo and the chances and luck messi sees back then as the only prolific striker and scorer is what he is now enjoying.

Hence, my comment about ronaldo.

Remark: until messi leaves barca or la liga, am afraid the world best might never come to him again.

God Bless!
Lol.. You are very funny o. But the same Messi has consistently been Barça's highest goal scorer, since both Suarez and Neymar have been around.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ronaldo is an a round better player than Messi without a doubt.
Messi while being fired can't e compared to the tenacity a d work rate of Ronaldo
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Misterdhee1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
nurshah:

Your last paragraph is just it... Cr7 is generous and relatable .messi isn't approachable ...cr7 can stop andctalk to you but messi is too tight ..
Mess is reclusive. He is shy. We all have our individual qualities bro.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by naturalwaves: 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
branham890:

keep insult aside
you are a football fan ryt?
from what year? I don't know!!
YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NOT HEARD the statement "he plays without stress"??
Lol
Don't take the insults too seriously though. I know people say" play without stress" but it is wrong. You cannot play football without stress. No one plays football without stress. You can come up with another way of expressing how he plays but saying he plays without stress is a No No.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by sirjomore(m): 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
humilitypays:
No, Ronaldo is just too lucky, no special talent in his footballing skill....he can't dribble, can't do leg-over, can't skip, etc but can run....he is just lucky that after his teammates finishes the job, he will be at the right place at the right time to kick the ball into the net.

Messi is skillful, talented but not as lucky as Cristiano Ronaldo...Arjen Robben is even more gifted than Cristiano, but luck has never been on his side just like Garreth B.....no wonder the Bible said, the race is not for the swift nor the wise, but of God who showeth mercy....grace is all we need to succeed in life not even talent cos so many talented people are hungry and wasting while some fortunate people are making it big like my uncle Goodluck Jonathan who operates under the power of grace and divine favor!

God is also favoring Cristiano because he is so kind and generous; all his childhood friends are feeding and balling with his wealth...he takes care of them and many more unlike Messi and other stingy people who don't know that God blessed them to bless people around them....God loves kind and generous people but hates prideful, pompous and wicked people, even if they prosper, their success doesn't last like kind/generous people, be kind to your friends and family from today if God has blessed usmiley
Lie
Ronaldo does all those skills you listed you just don't like him

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by inventor432(m): 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
lol bros messi was born with it,ronaldo only blend to it
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Misterdhee1(m): 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
LordAdam16:

You are a LM10 fan, don't make absurd claims.

Messi is not better than Ronaldo. And I'm sick of the talent card or that he is more fun to watch.

All Messi does is glue the ball to his feet and run past players. That's all he does.

And if you want to talk about if that is the most entertaining thing in football. Then you didn't watch Ronaldinho play.

What Ronaldinho, Zizinho, Garrincha did with the ball, Pele, Maradona, and Messi can't fathom. Those people made football an art form.

Messi went to Barca at age 13 and trained at La Masia for at least 7 hours per day for 5 years before his debut. The only thing he has above Xavi and Iniesta is dribbling and goal scoring. In creativity, vision, passing, he is not at the same level as those two unsung heroes.

And that brings me to my main point, the game of football rewards goal scorers and achievers. That's how we measure the best players. Add a bit of skill, dribbling, or flair, and there's a straight ticket to the hall of fame.

If Messi wasn't scoring goals he wouldn't win a Ballon D'or. Ditto for Ronaldo.

Look at Barcelona's squad of 2009-2013? Replace Messi with any world class player from Neymar to Hazard to Dybala and they'd win the exact same number of trophies and Ballon D'ors that Messi won. If that same world class player played for Barcelona from 13 years of age, it'd be just as easy for the player.

In fact, this is the first time you'd be hearing this, but Barcelona didn't need Messi in that time period to win trophies. The proof is in the fact that between 2008 and 2013, the Spanish National Team was without doubt the best team in the world and won every tournament they participated in. Messi was not in that team, but the core of the team was Barcelona.

On the flip side, look at Ronaldo. When he was younger he was great at showboating but wasn't as clinical as he is now. Ronaldo started winning Ballon D'ors when he started achieving and he played in teams (sporting lisbon, manchester united, and real madrid) that were about critical, ruthless finishing than beautiful possession football and he adapted his game appropriately. Messi on the other hand played in a team that is about entertaining, possession football and that became his identity.

Ronaldo does not have to dribble 5 players to score a goal, because that is unnecessary in Madrid's team. In fact from Man U, Sir Alex had already weaned him of less flair and made him concentrate more on his clinical ability. Messi does not even have to dribble 5 players to score a goal, because the entire Barcelona team can pass a ball into the net. Spain won games and tournaments without a player running past multiple players to score or lay a pass.

But when you talk about Ronaldo's clinical ability, there is no word to describe it. The timing of his runs, positioning, goal scoring technique is all down to intelligence and being a smarter player overall. He knows he doesn't have to showboat, he has passed that stage. All his showboating won him 1 Ballon D'or and 1 champions league. His clinical ability and goal scoring got him 3 Ballon D'or's, 3 champions league, 1 Euro cup, and 5 consecutive UEFA golden boots. If you are Ronaldo, what would you do then, more showboating, or just honing your clinical ability and becoming the best finisher in the history of the sport?

There's Isco, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro to do all the passing, all he has to do is be part of the ruthless attack and finish where necessary or make an assist. Even when Barcelona was at their top form, he was outscoring Messi consistently scoring 50 goals per year since 2010, getting Real Madrid to the Semi Finals of the UEFA Champions league, and trailing Barcelona in the league. This was in a time of inconsistency in the Bernabeu (Perez sold Ozil and Di Maria in their prime) and this was without the Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets midfield (the best midfield post-2000) that Messi had.

Just look at the difference. Messi is out there running past Alavez players in a Copa Del Rey final, while Ronaldo is making himself available to make clinical finishes against the best defense of the season. Allegri said that even if they gave Barcelona an extra hour, they still wouldn't have found the back of the net. Ronaldo found it in 20 minutes. Found a second 40 minutes later. Look at his second goal yesterday. Modric did not even look before crossing the ball into the area, but Ronaldo anticipated the run and positioned himself to rattle the mighty BBC defense and slot past the goalkeeper legend, something the entire MSN couldn't do in 120 minutes.

Give me that versus Messi's run and I'll choose Ronaldo's clinical ability everyday.

As at 2012 in the peak of Messi's career on the back of an unbelievable Barcelona team, he had 4 Ballon D'ors to Ronaldo's 1. 3 Champions league to Ronaldo's 1. In 2012, the jury was out already that Messi was miles ahead because despite Ronaldo becoming an accomplished goal scorer and skillful player, he just wasn't getting the results that Messi got.

Fast forward 5 years and Ronaldo has won 3 of the last 4 champion's leagues, and is set to win 4 of the last 5 Ballon D'Ors, and is the top UEFA goal scorer for each of the last 5 years. This is at a time of his career when he should be declining.

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is evident in this year's UEFA goal tally. Messi had 11 versus Ronaldo's 2 before the knockout stages. Yet Ronaldo outscored Messi. Give me that versus running past players, and I'd choose the former everyday. That's what makes Ronaldo the better player. He doesn't have a peak. He keeps outdoing himself because he doesn't have a competition.

Without Suarez and Xavi, Messi wouldn't have had the treble in '15. And since then it has been downhill for him and his team. And the future is even more bleak for him going forward as Iniesta withers off. I wouldn't write him off, but as long as Ronaldo keeps breaking records and redefining what it means to be the greatest player to have ever played the game, the accolades would keep coming his way.

Messi plays amazing football, but in modern football love goes to the top achievers and goal scorers. After all, goals earn points. Most of the love Messi gets right now is because of what he achieved in 2009-2013. All of the love Ronaldo gets right now is because of what he keeps achieving since 2007.

Notice how I did not even talk about international duty? Or about Ronaldo adapting and achieving phenomenal results in two different leagues?

So, as I said, you are an LM10 fan. Every CR7 fan knows why CR7 is better than Messi. That's the passage of rites to becoming a CR7 fan.

-Lord
All this epistle simply don't align with reality.. You made baseless claims, and i doubt you even watch both of them play. Messi has had to drop to the midfield to suit Neymar and Suarez.. Since Xavi left, Messi has been Barca's backbone, both in assisting and scoring goals.. Ronaldo has always been a goal scorer. Yet Messi has had to take two responsibilities, and still battle with him in the number of goals scored each season. Ronaldo has even lost the pichichi two times in a row now even with the classy midfielders and full backs, in his team. Messi scored more than Ronaldo in all competition this season, even with a weaker midfield. So what exactly is your point?

2 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Glare247(m): 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
skimmy005:
MESSI is still the best player ever, messi no get rival, u can compare CR7 with neymar not messi bcus messi is extra ordinary
Messi can never marched d record of ronaldo,ronaldo achieved for his national team,may I knw what messi achieved with his country?ronaldo broke d record as d only player to have scored in 3 champions league final,bros forget beef,ds guy is awesome
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
This thread is sick and full with people who don't even watch the players in questions play week in week out!

Just imagine someone saying Messi is slowing down! Madrid are just stronger. Individually​, from the beginning of the season till now, Messi has played better. It's just Madrid are on a different level altogether.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by lodphil(m): 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
Misterdhee1:

All this epistle simply don't align with reality.. Messi scored more than Ronaldo in all competition this season, even with a weaker midfield. So what do you have to say about that?
My guy abeg ask am ooo.The guy just dey yarn wetin I no understand

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu / Inside Aubameyang's ₦11b Mansion That Features A ₦2.5b Underground Garage (Pics) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: AWCON 2018 - 4 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.