Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 (72196 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: Super Cup (1 - 3) On 13th August 2017 / Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by jrklinz: 6:38am On Aug 09, 2017
When ever any team plays madrid u know ur sure in a gud football match.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Princefrankie1(m): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2017
iluvpomo:

Wrong about Leicester.... they were the champions the previous season. In the season when they beat Sevilla Leicester was 12th in the EPL while Sevilla was 4th .... do not try to 419 the facts there .... grin
Are you ready to bet that Atletico Madrid will win La Liga this coming season?? Put your money where your mouth is ... let me collect free beer from you grin grin
The EPL has had different teams in the top 4, even Mr 4th place Wenger was disengaged from his spot last season. This is what makes the EPL exciting. With La Liga, it's the same story.... will Barca or Real Madrid win it this season?? ..... BORING!!

Lol. Lover of pomo you no dey tire??
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by kunlesehan(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2017
suny247:
madrid 4 life
shout it loud and clear!
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2017
rman:

How did they end up in the champions league when they were 12th? They were the defending EPL champion that season!

They guy has presented facts, your arguments are watery. He is right about you though. You will never change your mind. Claiming you cannot predict who will win EPL when we all know it is basically between 4 teams and LA Liga between 4 too (Real, Athletico, Barca and always a 4th dark horse. Villarieal, Sevilla etc)

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion. That is you! A typical Nigerian!
It's not just 4 teams bro, there are 5 or 6 teams but in Spain there are just about 2 or 3. Just look at how many times Madrid or Barcelona has won it in the past 10 years, I think ATM was only able to get in between them once.
But four different teams have won the premier league in the last 10 years, and the order of the table is always changing, Tottenham came third in 2016 and second in 2017
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by hopefulLandlord: 7:23am On Aug 09, 2017
You could tell that one team had to beat Juve, Bayern, Atlético, Napoli to win their trophy, while the other had to beat Anderlecht, Rostov, Ajax & Zorya Luhansk to win theirs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by newslifeop: 7:29am On Aug 09, 2017
Good
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
You could tell that one team had to beat Juve, Bayern, Atlético, Napoli to win their trophy, while the other had to beat Anderlecht, Rostov, Ajax & Zorya Luhansk to win theirs.
It didn't show at all, if it does Madrid should have won with a margin of 4 goals or more.

Had it been that through ball that was laid fell into the hands of a more experienced striker and not a 19 year old boy.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Darlington120(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2017
But but but but Morata couldn't even score a penalty.. d same lukaku lost in super cup bfr he was sold to Everton, Ruben miss p.k in che vs bayern CL final, world class messi loss p.k against chelsea CL semi final, fully loaded ronaldo lost p.k against Chelsea in CL final against chelsea, so p.k no get sabi is just luck, u can't judge morata cox he miss p.k his nt d first and his nt going to b d last thank u.##halla#chelsea****

1 Like

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by madridguy(m): 7:45am On Aug 09, 2017
At all no be pre season..... am cool bros and you?

hadura29:

Baba I kuku enjoy with cold bottle of Heineken.. We pass them no be small... No be pre season training be this.. How you dey na?
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Shakitibob0: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2017
Ximenez:
It didn't show at all, if it does Madrid should have won with a margin of 4 goals or more.

Had it been that through ball that was laid fell into the hands of a more experienced striker and not a 19 year old boy.
Be sincere...if there will be a rematch, will you place a win bet on Man utd?
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by magzey: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2017
Please shift make i laff at yesterdays predictors Man united 2-1 Real Madrid- dem no know say Man United no sabi play football. grin grin grin

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 7:59am On Aug 09, 2017
Shakitibob0:
Be sincere...if there will be a rematch, will you place a win bet on Man utd?

Why not? I'm sure you are conversant with what can happen in football. The odds will be high, but Man U can win Madrid
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by KingTom(m): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2017
mikron:
meeen that 2nd goal was very preventable, the defenders didnt read isco's movement at all
They just allowed the 12 it's very unprofessional. Chai
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Shakitibob0: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2017
Ximenez:
Why not? I'm sure you are conversant with what can happen in football. The odds will be high, but Man U can win Madrid
Ah...anything can happen but I am sure you won't
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2017
menace1:
they played Chelsea three times last season nd women 2,stop preaching past tense here.man United should av done better but they tried . this same Madrid destroy juve ATM nd bayern
even last season is also past tense my friend, is atletico and juve bigger than united, who spends more btw them?
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Wahala90: 8:33am On Aug 09, 2017
As for those comparing EPL and LaLiga, saying that EPL has more teams winning the the league. How come LaLiga teams do better at UCL?
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Princefrankie1(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2017
iluvpomo:

Wrong about Leicester.... they were the champions the previous season. In the season when they beat Sevilla Leicester was 12th in the EPL while Sevilla was 4th .... do not try to 419 the facts there .... grin
Are you ready to bet that Atletico Madrid will win La Liga this coming season?? Put your money where your mouth is ... let me collect free beer from you grin grin
The EPL has had different teams in the top 4, even Mr 4th place Wenger was disengaged from his spot last season. This is what makes the EPL exciting. With La Liga, it's the same story.... will Barca or Real Madrid win it this season?? ..... BORING!!

Alright brother. I will reply you one last time because I have enjoyed our discourse and it's been abuse free, I commend you for that.

You see, at the emboldened, you are once again WRONG. Those are the kind of unfounded claims you guys make that I am trying to correct.

The following is culled from Wikipedia.

one significant feature of the Epl during the mid-2000s was the dominance of the so-called "Big Four" clubs: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

During this decade, they dominated the top four spots, which came with UEFA Champions League qualification, taking all top four places in 5 out of 6 seasons from 2003–04 to 2008–09 inclusive. [Sic]

Arsenal went as far as winning the league without losing a single game in 2003–04.

In May 2008, Kevin Keegan stated that "Big Four" dominance threatened the division, "This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world." [Sic]

The trend continued until Tottenham and Manchester City broke the dominance in the years following 2009.

Manchester City won the title in the
2011–12 season , becoming the first club outside the "Big Four" to win since 1994–95.
[sic]

You see bro, the Epl has been dominated by a few teams, precisely Manchester United. From 1992 to 2013, 21 long years, United won 13 Epl titles. Leaving just 8 titles for Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City to share.

And you say it is more COMPETITIVE because anybody can win it? Who told you so? Except you have a different definition of that term COMPETITIVE.

I decided to quote wikipedia this time to see if you will now argue with wiki. Lol

As for Laliga, let me take from 1992, (that is the year of Epl inception) to bring equity to the argument.

All of REAL MADRID, BARCELONA, ATLETICO MADRID, SEVILLA, VALENCIA, DEPORTIVO LACORUNA, ATLETICO BILBAO, VILLAREAL, CELTA VIGO, MALAGA have made the top four on different occasions.

In Epl, it's been MANCHESTER UNITED, ARSENAL, CHELSEA, LIVERPOOL, EVERTON, MANCHESTER CITY, TOTTENHAM, and finally, LEICESTER.

You can now make your comparisons bro. Lol

Argue with facts brother. This two Leagues are not mates in anything. Anything!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Wahala90: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Darlington120:
But but but but Morata couldn't even score a penalty.. d same lukaku lost in super cup bfr he was sold to Everton, Ruben miss p.k in che vs bayern CL final, world class messi loss p.k against chelsea CL semi final, fully loaded ronaldo lost p.k against Chelsea in CL final against chelsea, so p.k no get sabi is just luck, u can't judge morata cox he miss p.k his nt d first and his nt going to b d last thank u.##halla#chelsea****
So with what do you want us to judge. Goal e no score, penalty sef e no still score. Wetin we go take judge now. Even Batshuayi dey laugh am.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Princefrankie1(m): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2017
lymelyte:
why are you fooling yourself? So in this modern era, you still can't tell the big difference between both leagues? I dey shame for you.

It hasn't gotten to insults brother. We were just arguing football. It's fun bro. No be fight.

I have made lots of valuable friends over the years due to constructive and abuse free football arguments. I have dined and wined with very affluent and much older people everywhere I have been just because we argued football at the newspaper vendor or viewing center without insults.

Football unites people and makes them friends bro, not separate them and make them enemies.

You could have easily made your points without resorting to insults.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

4 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Godstraight(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
Am happy Chelsea nightmare Lukaku scored grin
ordinary pk floprata no fit score undecided
lukaku is not Chelsea nightmare, we won the last two leagues in three years without caring if he exist
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Princefrankie1(m): 9:18am On Aug 09, 2017
OVA200

Greetings brother. I admire the way you made your points without being aggressive.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Princefrankie1(m): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2017
Ximenez:

Be sincere bro. What didn't show?
Na wa o. Una sabi lie well well.

That match that was like Real Madrid vs Getafe Until Zidane decided to substitute Bale and Isco for little children to alleviate the impending humiliation.

It should have been 4nil before Matic's shot that Lukaku pounced on.

Zidane had to show some respect by taking off Bale and Isco for Varquez and Asensio in that crucial time of the match.

Remember Mourinho complained that Conte should have showed some respect last season when he was still on the touchline motivating Chelsea players to score more goals after being 4nil up. Lol

Zidane didn't want a repeat of that. Mourinho was already talking to Zidane after they were 2nil up and Bale hit the post from close range. That's why he took of his two best players, and told Ronaldo to wait until the final minutes of the game.

Mourinho had this to say after the game: "In the Premier League, there's no team like Real Madrid. There are no replicas of Isco, Modric, Casemiro or Kroos."

Don't worry, you guys might meet again in the Champions League. Lol

1 Like

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2017
Princefrankie1:

Be sincere bro. What didn't show?
Na wa o. Una sabi lie well well.

That match that was like Real Madrid vs Getafe Until Zidane decided to substitute Bale and Isco for little children to alleviate the impending humiliation.

It should have been 4nil before Matic's shot that Lukaku pounced on.

Zidane had to show some respect by taking off Bale and Isco for Varquez and Asensio in that crucial time of the match.

Remember Mourinho complained that Conte should have showed some respect last season when he was still on the touchline motivating Chelsea players to score more goals after being 4nil up. Lol

Zidane didn't want a repeat of that. Mourinho was already talking to Zidane after they were 2nil up and Bale hit the post from close range. That's why he took of his two best players, and told Ronaldo to wait until the final minutes of the game.

Mourinho had this to say after the game: "In the Premier League, there's no team like Real Madrid. There are no replicas of Isco, Modric, Casemiro or Kroos."

Don't worry, you guys might meet again in the Champions League. Lol
I'm not a Man U fan. I'm just saying the match was closely contested. Man U had their chances too. There's nothing like could have, would have in football, in the end it's the result that matters. Leaving isco on for more time maybe might have affected the game, but Bale had no influence on the match at all. He's not even in the first eleven by merit, but they might decide to use him anytime they remember how much they bought him.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Princefrankie1(m): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2017
Ximenez:
I'm not a Man U fan. I'm just saying the match was closely contested. Man U had their chances too. There's nothing like could have, would have in football, in the end it's the result that matters. Leaving isco on for more time maybe might have affected the game, but Bale had no influence on the match at all. He's not even in the first eleven by merit, but they might decide to use him anytime they remember how much they bought him.

Lol. You get mouth o this guy. You are right about Bale though. But for last night, he was in the game.

I am not a Real Madrid fan too. My blood bleeds blue.

As for the match being closely contested, anyway, people who didn't watch the game might believe you, due to the score line.

But some times, score lines are deceitful in football. There are numerous instances, but a typical example is Bayern Munich vs Chelsea at the Alianz arena in 2012. Watch that game again, and you will shake your head in disbelieve.

Bayern totally outclassed and outplayed Chelsea, but Chelsea won.

That's football. It happens that way sometimes. Last night, Real Madrid totally outclassed and outplayed Manchester United, but it ended 2.1, as if it was a close contest.

Sorry United fans, but the difference in football, and quality of players was laid bare once again.

Even Mourinho confirmed that in his post match interview.
He said: "In the Premier League, there's no team like Real Madrid. There are no replicas of Isco, Modric, Casemiro or Kroos."
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Adeagbo449(m): 10:00am On Aug 09, 2017
When Am Not Stupid

Messi is the king
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Herrmes: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2017
Maiconyoung:
the dominance of spanish clubs over english clubs rests with arsenal and man city and maybe united, but as for chelsea and liverpool ur statistics maybe wrong, talking about league quality even the president of la liga at d beginning of last season is that they want to be like EPL in terms of quality, find out. Talking about dominance in europe that of laliga started in d 2000's so if they were not dominating since d inception of UCL, then someday d dominance will cease to exist, so don't use european success to glorify la liga its in no way near the EPL.
Give me an EPL team that can challenge Barca or Real Madrid.
Barca And Real Madrid are just Miles better than any other team in the world, that's why they dominate not just La Liga, the world too.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Dainikel(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2017
Great game from Real...I just hope the celebration doesn't end here, this victory would be much needed in the duo El-classico matches coming up. Tired of seeing Madrid lose to Barca everytime: that should stop in the upcoming games.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 10:08am On Aug 09, 2017
Princefrankie1:

Alright brother. I will reply you one last time because I have enjoyed our discourse and it's been abuse free, I commend you for that.

You see, at the emboldened, you are once again WRONG. Those are the kind of unfounded claims you guys make that I am trying to correct.

one significant feature of the Epl during the mid-2000s was the dominance of the so-called "Big Four" clubs: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

During this decade, they dominated the top four spots, which came with UEFA Champions League qualification, taking all top four places in 5 out of 6 seasons from 2003–04 to 2008–09 inclusive. [Sic]

Arsenal went as far as winning the league without losing a single game in 2003–04.

In May 2008, Kevin Keegan stated that "Big Four" dominance threatened the division, "This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world." [Sic]

The trend continued until Tottenham and Manchester City broke the dominance in the years following 2009.

2011–12 season , becoming the first club outside the "Big Four" to win since 1994–95.
[sic]

You see bro, the Epl has been dominated by a few teams, precisely Manchester United. From 1992 to 2013, 21 long years, United won 13 Epl titles. Leaving just 8 titles for Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City to share.

And you say it is more COMPETITIVE because anybody can win it? Who told you so? Except you have a different definition of that term COMPETITIVE.

I decided to quote wikipedia this time to see if you will now argue with wiki. Lol

As for Laliga, let me take from 1992, (that is the year of Epl inception) to bring equity to the argument.

All of REAL MADRID, BARCELONA, ATLETICO MADRID, SEVILLA, VALENCIA, DEPORTIVO LACORUNA, ATLETICO BILBAO, VILLAREAL, CELTA VIGO, MALAGA have made the top four on different occasions.

In Epl, it's been MANCHESTER UNITED, ARSENAL, CHELSEA, LIVERPOOL, EVERTON, MANCHESTER CITY, TOTTENHAM, and finally, LEICESTER.

Argue with facts brother. This two Leagues are not mates in anything. Anything!!!
Wrong again, the likes of Aston villa, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle also made the top four within those periods

Aston villa came second in 1993
Blackburn came second in 1994

Blackburn won it in 1995

Newcastle came second in 96,97

So since 1992, it has been man u, man city, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Leicester, Everton, Blackburn, Newcastle, Aston villa.

One of major things affecting English teams in Europe is the hectic fixtures and the FA are more concerned about TV right and money to address that

1 Like

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by sarutobie(m): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2017
lol guys just dey thrown skewed statistics around..from 2005-2013, the EPL missed reaching the finals only twice..in fact in 2009, four EPL teams were in the quarterfinals and 3 in the semifinals..Liverpool was thrashing Madrid like no man's business while Barca was considered the underdogs against Chelsea and manU in 2009...oya count am
2005- Liverpool won the title
2006-arsenal reached the finals
2007-Liverpool reached the finals
2008-Chelsea and manU reached the finals
2009-manU reached the finals
2010-nil
2011-manU reached the finals
2012-Chelsea won....so you see, the EPL was never overrated, they're just having a slump in form...like the seria A giants..

1 Like

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Princefrankie1(m): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2017
Ximenez:
And who gave the award of the best team in the premier league to Man U? I guess it's you, A team that has not won the league for close to five years now and finished 6th.

Mind you, that super cup final was a competitive game, and on another day Man U could have won. And what normally affect epl teams in European competitions is the schedule of the league matches, mou had to make some sacrifice last season by resting players and it paid off.

The English teams should fare better in the UCL this season, three of the five teams who will be representing England have won it before so the experience is there unlike last season which featured some European weaklings like Arsenal, Leicester and Tottenham for England. Even when Barcelona came to Etihad last season they were well beaten

I don't understand what you mean by Epl schedule affecting the teams. Does Barcelona or Real Madrid play Laliga on the Friday before Champions League games?

You guys can make excuses for Africa. Some will say it's because the Epl matches are tougher and it takes a toll on Epl teams in Europe. Can you imagine that? Lol

Teams like Bournemouth, Burnley, Westham, Westbrom and the likes are tough? Come on!

As for your question about Manchester United being the best team in Epl, the answer is, Yes they are. Because they are the most successful till date. No contest.

A team that won 13 Epl titles in 21 years? Check the maths bro.

If they are not the best, I wonder who is.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by sarutobie(m): 10:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Princefrankie1:

[sic]

Incomplete stats! Why do people dig up only the stats that makes them seem 'smarter' than the other person? Blackburn Rovers have won the title in 95..Newcastle has finished in the top four a couple of times too..

1 Like

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 10:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Herrmes:
Give me an EPL team that can challenge Barca or Real Madrid.
Barca And Real Madrid are just Miles better than any other team in the world, that's why they dominate not just La Liga, the world too.
What are you even saying now? Cos Madrid beat Man U 2 goals to 1 yesterday.

The X factors in both teams are Messi and Ronaldo, but even with Messi Barcelona were still well beaten by man city at the Etihad last season.
Go and check the head to head of Chelsea and Barcelona, the only time Chelsea met Madrid in an European competition, Chelsea won.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties / Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.