Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) (57421 Views)

Jamb 2020 top Ten Most Sought-after Universities / JAMB Releases Most Preferred Universities In Nigeria Chosen By Jamb Candidates… / 10 Most Sought After Universities In Nigeria 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Salym(m): 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
DeRay98:

Really, the ones that were admitted in my days on quotas for educationally disadvantaged states failed woefully 100 level and left.
If they are that good what's their population even in the northern schools that's their home? How many northerners score up to 250 in JAMB yearly?
"Sleeping with ladies or selling grades" Oh, you are so convinced that Northern girls don't sleep to get grades or Northern lecturers don't sleep with your female students? How naive you must be, that's the most laughable thing ever heard.
See. You said those admitted based on quota systems. Meaning those who are not qualified. You can do a good job by telling us who they were and how they found themselves in your university. Did u say 250? Way back in 2006 I scored well above 250 so also other students. Oh yes, sleeping with students and selling grades are more rampant in the South than North. Another joke, tell me which university in the North has southern students as the majority. In both my BSc and MSc we have southern students who never beat their Northern counterparts. You people will stay down south and just be believing anything you are told about the North. Travel and explore the country before reaching conclusions please.
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Handsomecole(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
Why won't they be the most sought after when it's very easy to enter.
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by SplendidE(f): 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=baylord101 post=57179117] You mean Benue State University?

yes
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by baylord101(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=SplendidE post=57188982][/quote] Cover your face, I base in makurdi

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by AlanTuringAI: 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jman06:
Guy Uniben ranks higher than even UI in terms of quality lecturers. I am not trying to hype the school but it's a fact.
How can you even make this kind of statement with a clear eye, that Uniben has more quality lecturers than UI. That's sacrilege you've just committed. How do you measure the quality of lecturers? Lemme start with that question and see whether you're worth discussing with further on the issue of academics or not.
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Temptee101(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
ThierryJay:
It is important to note that this ranking is not a true reflection of the overall standards for each university. There are factors that will influence how highly sought-after a university is. The most important ones include:

- Ease of completing academic calendar - many candidates would want to graduate without any form of delay at an affordable cost. This explains the preference for Unilorin as this is now its main selling point.

- Geographical distribution of standard universities - There are more reputable universities in the southwest (UI, OAU, Unilag, Covenant, FUTA, Unilorin, UNAAB) than in the North (ABU) or the Southeast/Southsouth (UNN, UniBen, maybe UniZik). So this means that prospective candidates are more evenly distributed among the SW universities due to tougher competition.

-Tough entry standards - Universities that are perceived to be difficult to gain admission into will generally have lesser number of applicants than other "come as you are" universities. This explains why Havard does not have the highest number of American applicants in the US. This takes nothing away from its premium status.

In short, OAU, UI, Unilag,UNN and more recently CU are still the universities to beat in Nigeria.

At the very top, OAU and UI are the real deal.
Bro i strongly advice you pour those tears inside a bucket because they are very precious. Don't just waste them
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Okebarn: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

No source?
you know its true, bcoz your moniker doesn't affect them. Unilorin my alma mata. Better by far cheesy
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
ThierryJay:
It is important to note that this ranking is not a true reflection of the overall standards for each university. There are factors that will influence how highly sought-after a university is. The most important ones include:

- Ease of completing academic calendar - many candidates would want to graduate without any form of delay at an affordable cost. This explains the preference for Unilorin as this is now its main selling point.

- Geographical distribution of standard universities - There are more reputable universities in the southwest (UI, OAU, Unilag, Covenant, FUTA, Unilorin, UNAAB) than in the North (ABU) or the Southeast/Southsouth (UNN, UniBen, maybe UniZik). So this means that prospective candidates are more evenly distributed among the SW universities due to tougher competition.

-Tough entry standards - Universities that are perceived to be difficult to gain admission into will generally have lesser number of applicants than other "come as you are" universities. This explains why Havard does not have the highest number of American applicants in the US. This takes nothing away from its premium status.

In short, OAU, UI, Unilag,UNN and more recently CU are still the universities to beat in Nigeria.

At the very top, OAU and UI are the real deal.
Self deception.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by kellyboo: 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

engineering ko pure science ni make I non open their yansh for here.
oga please open their yansh let's see..please do.
I detest when I see people judging from a distance..if u av a problem with uniben say it.
I'm still waiting for ur comments pls
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by DonroxyII: 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jfrankination:
ilorin yyy? i think say nah only mhe put ilorin
Too much pressure on Unilorin from all region of Nigeria ......

The torch keep guiding us upward and onward .....

we are better by far ..... Probitas Doctrina !!!!
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Jfrankination(m): 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
DonroxyII:
Too much pressure on Unilorin from all region of Nigeria ......

The torch keep guiding us upward and onward .....

we are better by far ..... Probitas Doctrina !!!!
bro u dey schl dia?
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by JERRY1925(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
well...still proud of my school...it can't be here because its just for brilliant engineers.. schools of technology rocks.
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by sAnUsiObJ: 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
i epp unilorin, better by far
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
kellyboo:

I detest when I see people judging from a distance..if u av a problem with uniben say it.
Am not judging from distance because I have being there
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
Okebarn:
you know its true, bcoz your moniker doesn't affect them. Unilorin my alma mata. Better by far cheesy
Am not disputing that but there must be source of information
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
kellyboo:

They're corrupt. They rarely impact knowledge .haven't wonder why tutorial centres are high in that school
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by DonroxyII: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jfrankination:
bro u dey schl dia?
Schooled there !! B.sc n M.sc !!!

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by chalsixtus(m): 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
Zita55:
grin
obviously, bro! we can't be on that list!!!

Unique Uniport!!

koret babe your head dy there
unique Uniport unique alumni
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Bigsteveg(m): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
kqudus:
someone should show me where GAAU is?
Which school be GAAU again?
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Duru009(m): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
Uniben aka Unibest !!!!

Oshaaaaaa!
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by ADEMOSU(m): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ilorin least goes on strike . Unionism not too grounded . Ife and co ? Ubgo tire
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Teewhydalegend: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
Blindness don join your chalenges??
agadez007:
Before Opening the thread i know Imo state University must be there,since this rochas Free Education of a thing started,Imsu is now Hot Cake
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Beverages: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
kqudus:
someone should show me where GAAU is?

You won entah GAUU undecided
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Nnamdiojukwu: 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
Salym:

See. You said those admitted based on quota systems. Meaning those who are not qualified. You can do a good job by telling us who they were and how they found themselves in your university. Did u say 250? Way back in 2006 I scored well above 250 so also other students. Oh yes, sleeping with students and selling grades are more rampant in the South than North. Another joke, tell me which university in the North has southern students as the majority. In both my BSc and MSc we have southern students who never beat their Northern counterparts. You people will stay down south and just be believing anything you are told about the North. Travel and explore the country before reaching conclusions please.
Some of them have not seen any part of Nigeria since they were born.
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Nnamdiojukwu: 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
So,ibbu is not on that list?
Did anybody know ibbu ?
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by ioreth69(f): 12:37am On Jun 08, 2017
Great jossite!!!!!
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by HeGeMon(m): 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
Are u a josite?
ioreth69:
Great jossite!!!!!
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by ioreth69(f): 11:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
HeGeMon:
Are u a josite?
Ex jossite

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by HeGeMon(m): 2:26am On Jun 10, 2017
Sooo coool, cool main camp or psite?
ioreth69:
Ex jossite
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by ioreth69(f): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2017
HeGeMon:
Sooo coool, cool main camp or psite?
maincamp
Re: JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) by Darey2020(m): 7:25am On Jun 10, 2017
SIGNS AND WONDERS TUTORS.

In preparing for the forthcoming University Of Ibadan, 2017/2018 PostGraduate application form, Signs and Wonders Tutors is ready to serve and prepare you for the successfull APPLICATION, EXAMINATION, DOCUMENTATION, ADMISSION & REGISTRATIONS Process!

The PG Application form for the University of Ibadan shall be on sale very soon. We would keep you posted on this.But, according to the Chinese Proverb which says 'The best time to plant a tree was 20years ago, but the second best time is NOW'. At the Signs and Wonders Tutor we strive with the Wisdom and fear of God to prepare prospective applicants for a successful application process.PG Application in University Of Ibadan might be a little different and requires a lot of RIGHT INFORMATIONS, PERSISTENT WORK AND PATIENCE Coupled with the GRACE OF GOD.

What do we do at the SIGNS & WONDERS TUTORS?

1. Proper Guidance on the Application process.

2.Online & E-Tutorials in preparing for the EPT test.
3.Online and e-tutorials in preparing for Departmental Test

4. Updated and correct informations on application process and registration

5. Application Process

6. Providing physical guidance to and fro during exams.

7. Follow up on EPT Test Scores with "Godly" assistance on smooth admission process.

Last year, the University of Ibadan recorded an application of more than 18,000+ applicants but only 39% of these graduates were able to score the initial 40% cut off required?
You asked why? It's just a simple general English Test which was given, so why the failure?
1. Preparation
2. Wrong Impression about the Test.
3. Lack of proficiency in computers because it's computer based TEST.
And so on.

Listen, some ended with no results for their EPT test? Why? They fell into the hands of wrong informations and misguided application process.

That's why we have decided to TUTOR you rightly in this journey you have decided to travel.

The e-classes has began. Registration is still in progress. START NOW.

All of these at just a token!

For proper information, call (Wande) - 08167952612 or 08064491640 ( WhatsApp), you can send us email at dare2020@yahoo.com..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

108 Oldest Secondary Schools In Nigeria / 3 Students Of Ojukwu University Found Dead In Hostel / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.