Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Governor Wike And His Arrogant Social Media Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike And His Arrogant Social Media Soldiers (674 Views)

Wike And His Wife Lay Hands On Each Other's Head At A Crusade In Port Harcourt / Photo Of Wike And Secondus 'Looking Angry' After PDP Convention Produced Atiku / Wike And David Mark Commission Remodelled Brick House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike And His Arrogant Social Media Soldiers by babasanti: 2:28am On Jun 04, 2017
GOVERNOR WIKE AND HIS ARROGANT SOCIAL MEDIA SOLDIERS
It has come to my notice and with great displeasure the personal attacks being carried out by Governor Wike’s social media aides. They pick up any character of their choice mostly opposition, political foes: slander, make uncomplimentary remarks about them, hurl insults and try to discredit them and their personality. While this is a clever move, it has portrayed the Wike led government in bad light because this attacks have gotten personal. This a very bad precedent, if not checked might get out hand of hand and might cause the Wike’s government in 2019. I’m writing this article in reference to a particular character his name is ORAYE ST FRANKLYN , HE IS THE SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO GOVERNOR WIKE ON SOCIAL MEDIA . A handsome gentleman¸ holds a degree in Law and a Cambridge based certification in Strategic Communications. He is the man saddled with the responsibility of keeping the social media world abreast with the achievement of the Wike led administration and engaging the youthful minds in productive discussions but sadly he has deviated from the sole aim and responsibilities for which the office was created. Only recently ENGR TONYE PRINCEWILL the governorship candidate of Labour party in the 2015 governorship election in Rivers State decamped to the All progressive Congress (APC). This was greeted with widespread shock, disappointment, condemnation and in some few quarters as a very right move. But in his usual manner Oraye st Franklyn took to his Facebook to question the decision of Prince TONYE PRINCEWILL. TONYE PRINCEWILL in trying to defend his decision reacted in a negatively manner, apparently he was provoked which is understandably but realised he had erred and made a heartfelt apology which was acknowledge by Oraye through a post on his Facebook wall. Rather than let sleeping dogs lie but in the usually nature of a typical Nigeran political aide, trying to show loyalty to their pay masters by hurling insults and abuses to anyone that finds fault in their masters. Oraye didn’t stop there, the Next morning decided to attack, degrade the personality of Tonye Princewill. Friends, stranger and youths decided to engage in usual meaningful discussion but in a surprising and shocking move Oraye went loco and started Blocking anybody who criticise or admonish him. Most of this criticism were constructive and enlightening. some of the comments where in defence of Prince Tonye PRINCEWILL not from his loyalist but meaningful minds from Riverine extraction of Rivers State who believe the state should provide a governor from riverine community in 2019. I’m using this this medium to let Governor know this am a pro PDP faithful, this article is not personal and that Oraye is dividing the youths/young mind on social media, his actions are not just provocative but it’s a creating a hate for the wike led government for even those that voted for Gov Wike. I challenge Mr Oraye to defend himself by posting a screen shot of his facebook block list. I want Gov Wike to know Social media is a very powerful tool in the political word, even the PDP is yet to recover fom its devastating use by the APC in the 2015 general elections . I want the Governor to know this, Oraye is your representative on social media. Whatever sentiment or thoughts he shares on social media is a reflection of your government. Oraye might not see it that way but the world sees it that way .Mr Oraye worked aggressively and did a fantastic work on social media in the run to the 2015 general elections but power/position intoxicates people . i urge Mr Wike to please checkmate Mr oraye .
Mr Oraye might be renowned for his passionate, thought-provoking and incisive political commentary but what he should know is POLITICS IS DYNAMIC, It has no permanent friends or enemy. The Tonye Princewill you mock today for joining APC sounds funny now but the Wike you work for today can join the APC tomorrow. You criticise the government at the centre, accuse them of been dictators yet you’re a dictator on social media. Whenever someone doesn’t agree with your opinions you act like a kid that sweet has been taken from his mouth, make jest of them and block them. one of the unique quality of good governance is the ability to listen to complains and take criticism and use as a yard stick to correct impression and mistakes . If you can’t take constructive criticisms and insults on the chin , I suggest u consider your position. I want to make it clear again, this is not a hate article neither is it personal. This is just an article from one of those bold fellows who wishes the wike led government well.
FROM SARAH BRIGGS..

Re: Governor Wike And His Arrogant Social Media Soldiers by DamiBukola: 5:37am On Jun 04, 2017
Foolish post, where were you when Amaechi and APC spokes persons strive on insults? I hate anybody criticizing PDP or any opposition party for insulting APC members because they brought in character assassination into Nigeria politics.
Re: Governor Wike And His Arrogant Social Media Soldiers by criminalmindz: 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
b

(1) (Reply)

Funny: See What Igbo Page Said About Joe Ibokwe / El-rufai Is Pro Restructuring/federalism. His Full Remarks In Context / IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu’s Agitation Not In The Interest Of South-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.