Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? (1458 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by DBANJEX(m): 2:45am On Jun 04, 2017
I believe everyone has one experience or the other about our upbringings. Now, knowing fully the kind of wife your mum is to your Dad. would you pray for your mum type for a Wife?
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by DBANJEX(m): 2:46am On Jun 04, 2017
Cc: lala
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by haftob(m): 5:12am On Jun 04, 2017
Absolutely YES!
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by etzskillz(m): 5:40am On Jun 04, 2017
Even if she has half of her qualities I will be happy #BestMum

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Dolypson04(m): 5:51am On Jun 04, 2017
My mum is near perfect but I will prefer a lady with more charisma and who won't tongue lash our children that much. My answer; Absolute YES

3 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by dingbang(m): 6:19am On Jun 04, 2017
Yes.. My mum is a wonderful woman and I assure my future wife she will meet a supportive MIL

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Nutase: 6:24am On Jun 04, 2017
All of una dey say yes. It means mum's are fantastic.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by eyinjuege: 6:31am On Jun 04, 2017
Everybody will say yes, even if the mama na abusive , drama queen.

If na papa now, people will say never.

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 04, 2017
eyinjuege:

Na the way na. They're all saying yes, who then are the MILs that don't allow their DILs sleep at night?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by nepapole(m): 6:59am On Jun 04, 2017
Op, so u expect people to say NO. Even if the mama Na witch, u sure wont get a NO on this thread. My answer is YES sha. grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 04, 2017
No No No No.. She is too harsh and jumps into conclusions hastily.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 04, 2017
yes!
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by nursennenny(f): 7:30am On Jun 04, 2017
I will give everything to have a male version of my mum.

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by lajoshua: 8:38am On Jun 04, 2017
NO!!!!!!

Do you know why I said no?

Because there is no lady especially Nigerian lady that can ever be like my mama. They don't have what it takes. Period!!

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
Honestly speaking, a woman like Berbierklaus' mother is the dream of every man. The woman that birthed such a great character is superbly great and unique.

NoW To My Mother:

Who wouldn't wish to marry a loyal woman that will never cheat on him even in 100 years of absence? (Though my father was never an absentee husband lol)

Who wouldn't wish to end up with a woman, who had Little formal training, but equipped her husband (my father) with skills that he used to make career for himself?

Who wouldn't want to end up with a woman that would sell off her clothes and properties just to augment school fees for her kids?

Who wouldn't want to end up with a woman that is hardworking and never stop hustling (legitimately) even when pregnant just to ensure that she support the family?

Who wouldn't want a woman whose loyalty her MIL attest and whose support is guaranteed not to just her Children but to others?

Who wouldn't want a woman that will never cease to encourage you to succeed irrespective of situation?

Who wouldn't want a wife that never jokes with prayers both night and day?

Not perfect, but here comes a woman that I will marry over and over again if it were possible...
#ProudOfYouMummy

I understand that these traits are possessed by most of our mothers. I may not be wrong to say that 100% of my friends don't joke with their mothers and seek women like their mothers.

I shall always be proud of Berbierklaus' mom, my mom and my friends' moms, including millions out there.

I won't hesitate to put the ring in the finger of any lady that possess these traits.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
eyinjuege:

If my mama like make she de abusive to the extent of shooting me with pump action gun every morning, if she like make she de use mortar pestle de knock my head every night, I STILL LOVE HER and Will Always put ring on a girl like her!!!

If my mama like make she act drama and win Oscar, I Still love her and desire her!!!

Her sacrifices, love, loyalty to my dad and the family, prayers etc are things I shall never forget.

Truth is, men generally appreciate sacrifices people do on their behalf and we tend to not allow the defect of our mothers (nobody is perfect)to becloud the love they have shown us and our fathers.

Why won't I desire a woman like my mother when she never cheated on my dad? When she never abandoned the family even in the lowest of want? When she takes to different forms of low-income but honourable hustling just to support the feeding and upkeep of the house? When she never compared my financially "poor" father with his relatively rich friends and bosses? When she always commit every situation in prayer and show absolute support and faith in the family? There are many more to mention... In fact, the fact that she carried me for 9 months, breastfed me, protect me from harm and went through a lot for my sake is enough to earn her eternal love and respect!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Afam4eva(m): 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
I think most men will like to marry a woman like their mother compared to women to their father. Why's this so?
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 05, 2017
If I were a guy?

YES!
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 05, 2017
Afam4eva:
I think most men will like to marry a woman like their mother compared to women to their father. Why's this so?

Because the African man feels self entitled, he also doesn't often sacrifice emotionally for his family.

For example a Nigerian man living abroad, cooked for his family for the first time after 26 years of marriage, took a video of himself doing it and posted it on social media for others to celebrate him meanwhile his wife has cooked millions of meals in those 26 years, do you think the children are stupid? They will appreciate and reward her for it when the time comes

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Acidosis(m): 6:31am On Jun 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Because the African man feels self entitled, he also doesn't often sacrifice emotionally for his family.

For example a Nigerian man living abroad, cooked for his family for the first time after 26 years of marriage, took a video of himself doing it and posted it on social media for others to celebrate him meanwhile his wife has cooked millions of meals in those 26 years, do you think the children are stupid? They will appreciate and reward her for it when the time comes

The children aren't stup!d, they are well informed that their father has been busy providing money for food stuffs, shelter, school fees, tax, bills, clothing, gadgets, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Acidosis(m): 6:41am On Jun 05, 2017
Afam4eva:

That's because most women are covetous. They always assume the grass is greener on the other side.

A typical guy wants a woman like his mother because she's homely, protective and prayerful. Give same traits to a father and many women will reject. Women don't want their prayer warrior and protective average looking fathers. That's why many end up with irresponsible drunkards last last.

It is as simple as ABC. Its also the same reason some bad boys end up with good wives (like their mothers), why some good girls end up with women beaters and emotional liabilities.

99% of men love their mothers and the reason has never been about money, or look. Make our mama ugly and poor pass queen of pauper, we go still love dem!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Ishilove: 7:45am On Jun 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Honestly speaking, a woman like Berbierklaus' mother is the dream of every man. The woman that birthed such a great character is superbly great and unique.

NoW To My Mother:

Who wouldn't wish to marry a loyal woman that will never cheat on him even in 100 years of absence? (Though my father was never an absentee husband lol)

Who wouldn't wish to end up with a woman, who had Little formal training, but equipped her husband (my father) with skills that he used to make career for himself?

Who wouldn't want to end up with a woman that would sell off her clothes and properties just to augment school fees for her kids?

Who wouldn't want to end up with a woman that is hardworking and never stop hustling (legitimately) even when pregnant just to ensure that she support the family?

Who wouldn't want a woman whose loyalty her MIL attest and whose support is guaranteed not to just her Children but to others?

Who wouldn't want a woman that will never cease to encourage you to succeed irrespective of situation?

Who wouldn't want a wife that never jokes with prayers both night and day?

Not perfect, but here comes a woman that I will marry over and over again if it were possible...
#ProudOfYouMummy

I understand that these traits are possessed by most of our mothers. I may not be wrong to say that 100% of my friends don't joke with their mothers and seek women like their mothers.

I shall always be proud of Berbierklaus' mom, my mom and my friends' moms, including millions out there.

I won't hesitate to put the ring in the finger of any lady that possess these traits.

Who is Berbieklaus? Is that the name of a beer? tongue cheesy
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 05, 2017
Acidosis:

[s]That's because most women are covetous. They always assume the grass is greener on the other side.
A typical guy wants a woman like his mother because she's homely, protective and prayerful. Give same traits to a father and many women will reject. Women don't want their prayer warrior and protective average looking fathers. That's why many end up with irresponsible drunkards last last.

It is as simple as ABC. Its also the same reason some bad boys end up with good wives (like their mothers), why some good girls end up with women beaters and emotional liabilities.

99% of men love their mothers and the reason has never been about money, or look. Make our mama ugly and poor pass queen of pauper, we go still love dem![/s]
Off point.
Even most men won't want to marry men like their fathers.
https://www.nairaland.com/3838295/marry-man-like-dad-see

That thread confirms it. Lots of them said their fathers were abusive, polygamous...etc, don't act like it just started in this generation. It's not a women thing, the question should be what are majority of fathers doing wrong.

I love my father, it isn't about money and looks either. Same with lots of daddy's girls. If it were about money, fathers would have it. After all, you men don't allow us hear word with the providing sob story.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Acidosis(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2017
PaperLace:

Off point.
Even most men won't want to marry men like their fathers.
https://www.nairaland.com/3838295/marry-man-like-dad-see

That thread confirms it. Lots of them said their fathers were abusive, polygamous...etc, don't act like it just started in this generation. It's not a women thing, the question should be what are majority of fathers doing wrong.

I love my father, it isn't about money and looks either. Same with lots of daddy's girls. If it were about money, fathers would have it. After all, you men don't allow us hear word with the providing sob story.

Unfortunately, majority of the Snapchat posters you made reference to do not like their mothers either. Many of them wouldn't desire a life modelled after their mother. Following the number of slay mamas, Insta queens and feminists in town, you don't need any prophet to tell you that majority of these ladies hate the kind of life their mothers lived.
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2017
Acidosis:

Unfortunately, majority of the Snapchat posters you made reference to do not like their mothers either. Many of them wouldn't desire a life modelled after their mother. Following the number of slay mamas, Insta queens and feminists in town, you don't need any prophet to tell you that majority of these ladies hate the kind of life their mothers lived.
If they don't like their mother, they have their reasons. Most ladies (and guys)don't like the life their mothers lived because they feel she deserved better...

More guys/ladies would want a spouse like their mum, same way most won't want a spouse like their dad. I think my point has been made.

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by OchoL(f): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2017
You men that are saying yes .. hope you are not just saying so because of your mothers love to you as her child. Have you considered how she related with your father?
If your mum was also a lovely wife to your father then thats fine, however I have seen occasions where a woman would shower so much love on her children (especially to a son) but that same woman makes a terrible wife to her husband i.e. disrespect, neglect etc..
Marry a woman like that and your kids will enjoy her love while you suffer.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by Acidosis(m): 9:01am On Jun 05, 2017
OchoL:
You men that are saying yes .. hope you are not just saying so because of your mothers love to you as her child. Have you considered how she related with your father?
If your mum was also a lovely wife to your father then thats fine, however I have seen occasions where a woman would shower so much love on her children (especially to a son) but that same woman makes a terrible wife to her husband i.e. disrespect, neglect etc..
Are you a 1st class graduate? Your I.Q is supercharged.
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by KevinDein: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
OchoL:
Fantastic thinking
Ultimately, a great mom does not equal a great wife.

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
Ishilove:

Who is Berbieklaus? Is that the name of a beer? tongue cheesy
Lol make I ask IFA cheesy
Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by ShaqFu: 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Heaven Yes! My mum is bae, cool, calm collected and very educated and enlighten.

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by StPete: 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
OchoL:

Exactly!!! This is what really happens

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray To Marry Someone Like Your Mum? by dalaman: 2:57am On Jun 06, 2017
Being a good mum and a good wife are two very different things. I know a lot of good mothers that are lousy wives.I don't know if my mum was a good wife to my dad but she's an excellent mother to me and my siblings.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Letter To Single Mothers By Omijie Oshor / What age did you build your first house? / Grandsons Grant Grandfather His Last Dying Wish: To Have One More Beer Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.