Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? (855 Views)

Wife Writes 'Borrow' Whenever She Sends Her Husband Money / A Wife's Birthday Wish List To Husband After He Asked For What She Wants / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by belindar: 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
I have been wondering for so long the reason behind these notion why our women use these phrase most especially when men are financially handicapped sometimes maybe the man lost his job or the business not moving has it used to be before. Whenever the women help in a little way, after a while you will be hearing them saying I spent my money on you, I pay the children school fees and the rest. But Men were doing it before. My question now is that why do women refer to men money and other assets has collective ownership but regard their own has singular ownership.
Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by TheMainMan: 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
coz men generally are typically thought of to be the head of the house...

but when the need arises and u ask for such money and she didn't give it to you.... then she is a selfish person
Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by Afonjashapmouth: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
You will not bother about that notion if you r capable and financial secure. It actually pushed me to work harder when I got married so be used to it. Abi you wan put ur trailer untop okada ni
Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by olayinks007(m): 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
No stress urslef. Women r naturally selfish, self-centered nd over possessive. So man gats deal wit all dat nd manage dem like dat. Shikena!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by VanNistelrooy24: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
Men are so generous in nature but SOME women are the direct opposite of generousity. (Tight fisted beings).

Lemme just stop here before our nairaland feminist group hold town hall meeting for my head.
Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
*Why do most men see the home as theirs?Why do they think they can fling the woman out anytime they want? Any small thing, "send her back to her father's house"

Most women don't feel secure in their marriages. They resorted to having secret stash, saving for unforeseen circumstances. You can't hide your finance from your wife, make investment decisions with your mother and brothers, have numerous sidechics _then expect your wife to bring out her money. She'll definitely hide her money, for her sake and that of her kids.

You can only enjoy your wife if you make her feel secure, women have been collecting loans from cooperative societies to give their husbands. That's because they saw themselves in his big plan.

*Some are naturally selfish.
*Some are traditional. She can't manage house chores alone and still support the man financially. Every one should handle his/her department.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by ogawisdom(m): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
belindar:
I have been wondering for so long the reason behind these notion why our women use these phrase most especially when men are financially handicapped sometimes maybe the man lost his job or the business not moving has it used to be before. Whenever the women help in a little way, after a while you will be hearing them saying I spent my money on you, I pay the children school fees and the rest. But Men were doing it before. My question now is that why do women refer to men money and other assets has collective ownership but regard their own has singular ownership.

BC he is the provider for d entire family n she is a helper, mind u rendering help to someone is optional n nt compulsory.

A real man shld be able to take care of his household with or without d help of d wife. A married woman even if she is a bank manager was nt made to pay house rent, feed d house hold, pay school fees n other bill but she alone can decide to help if she wants. Dts d role of a man as d head of d family

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by Nutase: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
Reading all your uninformed comments shocked
Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
Actually it depends on the household and decision they come to, then comes the traditional belief that a man is responsible for the bills and all. However most modern marriages tend to prefer the partnership role where each contributes towards household expenses
Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by StevensJojo(f): 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
That's why we should all be feminists.
When some men insist on being stuck in your old ways,why turn around and complain when aspect does not favour you?
The woman would work like an ass- cleaning the house, cooking, take care of the kids and the man would refuse to lift a finger.The man will actuallu come and call you from the kitchen to carry the baby while he continues lounging.Why? Because he is the man of the house.
You must do as he bids- because he is the man of the house.
Well, since you are the ultimate controller of the house take your traditional place and provide.Stop wailing.
Her money is her money, your money is our money. That is what it means to be a traditional Africa n man

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 05, 2017
Your thoughts are deviating farther away from the right and sane standard. The earlier you admit this the better for you
StevensJojo:
That's why we should all be feminists.
When some men insist on being stuck in your old ways,why turn around and complain when aspect does not favour you?
The woman would work like an ass- cleaning the house, cooking, take care of the kids and the man would refuse to lift a finger.The man will actuallu come and call you from the kitchen to carry the baby while he continues lounging.Why? Because he is the man of the house.
You must do as he bids- because he is the man of the house.
Well, since you are the ultimate controller of the house take your traditional place and provide.Stop wailing.
Her money is her money, your money is our money. That is what it means to be a traditional Africa n man
Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2017
olayinks007:
No stress urslef. Women r naturally selfish, self-centered nd over possessive. So man gats deal wit all dat nd manage dem like dat. Shikena!!!!
I would rather remain single than manage what I paid for. I'm supposed to enjoy it not manage
Re: Why Do Women Say My Money And Refer To Husband Money As Our Money? by StevensJojo(f): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Your thoughts are deviating farther away from the right and sane standard. The earlier you admit this the better for you
Hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Male & Female Security Guards Urgently Needed To Work In Dubai. Not A Scam!!! / Is It necessary To Do Genotype Test Before getting married? / The World Has Gone Mad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.