Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall (2891 Views)

Kema Chikwe And Husband, Albert Chikwe Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary / EFCC Detains Senator Albert Bassey Over Receipt Of N1.1b Vehicles From Oil Baron / Akanimo Udofia 'AK47' Chills With Bassey Albert In His Luxury Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by decency12(m): 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Just like his name, he will fall.

Paid maggots

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by EzeUche(m): 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
Who made him the spokesman of Rivers state.

A referendum will tell us the will of the people.

One person, one vote.

I can see the Nigerian authorities are worried about the Biafra agitation. It is on everyone's lips.

7 Likes

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by 0b100100111: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
reptile1:

It is not about happening areas. Its about where and who are owners of portharcourt. Portharcourt is jointly owned by ikwerre and ijaw. Kalabari and okrika people are ijaw speaking tribe ikwerre is a subset of Igbo.

Funny enough the ikwerres dont consider themselves Igbo by a vast majority. However, the kalabari and okrika man will tell u the ikwerres are igbos. So ikwerre man is always entangled with identity crisis

You spot-on

Ikwerre's never accept that they re subset of Igbo's. They detest it when u refer them to be and always have the audacity to call an Etche man Igbo
Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by 0b100100111: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
dadavivo:
Papa still want his pension money to be flowing from Fulanis.

I'm from Rivers state, Etche. We're Biafrans. Papa like this as he said he fought against my people (biafra) cos he was being paid by the Fulanis to kill his people. Shame.

We just dey observe things, when the time come, all men go know where them belong. But whatever it is, Fulanis and Rivers state have no business staying together

That's why you re the most marginalised ethnic group in Rivers state.
Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by EzeUche(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
0b100100111:

You spot-on

Ikwerre's never accept that they re subset of Igbo's. They detest it when u refer them to be and always have the audacity to call an Etche man Igbo

The younger generation is different.

And all Ikwerre, young and old remember they are Igbo during election time.

Even the Ijaw and Ogoni refer to them as Igbo.

Amaechi's biggest insult against Jonathan was that he could not speak Igbo like him.

6 Likes

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by YungMillionaire: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
It will take nothing short of an outright war for the Ijaws to cede Port Harcout to Biafra. I hope the Igbos are ready for another pogrom. Otherwise, my advice would be to limit Biafra to the 5 landlocked states of the South East.

1 Like

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by VickyRichmond(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
Horsfall has said it all,he who has ear let him hear.ikwerre refuse to be called igbos,and the riverine ijaws from rivers state are not part of Biafra.Let peace reign.We in Rivers state don't believe in Biafra,and can not be coerced into Biafra.Anybody that claims PH,should build his own PH in his place,with his own money and sweat.Dont claim what doesn't belong to u.it is evil.

1 Like

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by EzeUche(m): 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
YungMillionaire:
It will take nothing short of an outright war for the Ijaws to cede Port Harcout to Biafra. I hope the Igbos are ready for another pogrom. Otherwise, my advice would be to limit Biafra to the 5 landlocked states of the South East.

What does a Yoruba like yourself know of the East besides what you read on Nairaland?

Stay out of Eastern affairs.

And Igbos will not be restricted to just the southeast since Igboland is much larger

We not tolerate the continued Balkanization of Igboland.

Everyone will answer their papa's name

3 Likes

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by YungMillionaire: 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
EzeUche:

What does a Yoruba like yourself know of the East besides what you read on Nairaland?
Everyone that disagrees with an ipob is a Yoruba. Try something new, this one is stale.

EzeUche:

Stay out of Eastern affairs.
No, I will not. This is a Yoruba man forum. Since you say I am Yoruba, I reserve the right to speak in a Yoruba man's forum.

EzeUche:

And Igbos will not be restricted to just the southeast since Igboland is much larger
Like I said, if you exist on grabbing Ijaw land be prepared for a worse pogrom than the last one

EzeUche:

We not tolerate the continued Balkanization of Igboland.
But, no one is Balkanizing the 5 land-locked erosion ridden glorified villages of the South-East.

EzeUche:

Everyone will answer their papa's name
You are correct. Igbos will relocate en-masse to the SE otherwise yawa go gaz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by EzeUche(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
YungMillionaire:

Everyone that disagrees with an ipob is a Yoruba. Try something new, this one is stale.

No, I will not. This is a Yoruba man forum. Since you say I am Yoruba, I reserve the right to speak in a Yoruba man's forum.

Like I said, if you exist on grabbing Ijaw land be prepared for a worse pogrom than the last one

But, no one is Balkanizing the 5 land-locked erosion ridden glorified villages of the South-East.

You are correct. Igbos will relocate en-masse to the SE otherwise yawa go gaz

Yoruba face North and leave the East alone.

All you said was gibberish.

No one from the East pays attention to your people. That is why most Biafrans are ignoring you.

4 Likes

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by aribisala0(m): 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
Clinton9000:

Afonja and finding any inconsequential negative news they can lay their hands on out of desperation that their divide and rule is no longer working....you are wasting your time. Let IPOB Igwuocha catch you..I swear!

2 Likes

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by DerideGull(m): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
0b100100111:
Albert Horsfall was the first Director General of the Nigeria Intelligence Agency (NIA) and was a DG of Department of Security Service (DSS). He told Daily Trust on Sunday the position on the South-South on the renewed agitation for Biafra.

The Biafra agitators last week ordered their supporters to sit at home in commemoration of the declaration of State of Baifra by Ojukwu 50 years ago. Do you think Baifra dream is still achievable?

Baifra is a name derived from a goddess from Kalabari River. That river leads you very close to Abonnema. It is called ‘Ereya- toru’. Abonnema is Akuku- torlu proper. Ereye- toru is where Baifra derived its name. We The Kalabaris, the Ijaws, don’t need Baifra State, country or whatever you call it. So whatever is happening there in Baifra is a fight. They are finding a way of addressing their agitation. As far as I am concerned this is a democratic dispensation. In Nigeria, everybody is entitled to agitate, to argue, to discuss issues which they think are dear to them. But if it on the issue of Baifra that we fought for during the civil war, it has been defeated and is dead and gone.

What is your view on those that want it resurrected?

And for anybody to now try to resurrect it, I will advise those involved in it to pursue other more serious issues to channel their energy. When they talk of Baifra and include part of Rivers State, Port Harcourt and other parts is non starter. River State before it became a political entity had been a socio-cultural entity where the Ijaw communities and all the riverine communities, such as Kalabari, Bonny, Okrika, Andoni and the upland communities, including the Ogonis and so on interacted; we have been brothers and sisters. We intermarried hundreds of years ago. For instance, I have blood relations in Ogba\egbema\Ndoni and we are happy living side by side with our friends.

Are you saying that Baifra is dead?

The Ojukwu Baifra is dead and gone. We fought a civil war here and I led a special security delegation here alongside the military. We represented Nigeria’s united interest which General Gowon represented. We all served here and the war was fought and it was over and Gowon declared no victor no vanquished verdict and that concept is still there. We are living very happily with everybody. Port Harcourt is the capital of Rivers State from time to time, the issue of Port Harcourt has been a subject of agitation. Port Harcourt was one of the issues the so-called Biafra demanded and this matter was discussed in Kampala.

I don’t know why people are bothered about Baifra and want to resurrect it and create tension which is totally unnecessary. Those that are staking interest in Port Harcourt have no locus standi whatsoever. We don’t want to resurrect things that will create tension in this country. Like I said earlier, everybody has a right to agitate but to agitate on somebody else’s territory is wrong. So, if anybody wants to cede Port Harcourt, the person is looking for trouble. We should not look for trouble anymore. Those of us who were old enough and saw the Civil War which was unnecessary, created by Ojukwu who wanted to separate from Nigeria. The Civil War took a lot of innocent lives. We don’t want to see it repeated. The agitation for Biafra should stop. I’m not saying that they should not agitate but they should not do it in somebody’s territory. They should remove Port Harcourt from it.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/count-port-harcourt-out-of-your-biafra-albert-horsfall/200426.html

Who gives a ratass about the rant of a walking dead?

1 Like

Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by ProWalker: 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
EzeUche:

Yoruba face North and leave the East alone.

All you said was gibberish.

No one from the East pays attention to your people. That is why most Biafrans are ignoring you.

I'm sure you are from one of those five landlocked hamlets
Re: Count Port Harcourt Out Of Your Biafra – Albert Horsfall by salford1: 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
Na waoh..Time and time again. Biafra is for poor people and thugs cheesy. I was shocked when Chidoka (former FRSC boss) said on channels TV 2days ago that he was for the unity of Nigeria....The decision makers and government cabals in that region support one Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDbJEPYuBVU

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nnamdi Kanu Transformed To Nneka Calistus And Fled To Israel / Akpabio Declared Winner, Floors Ukarakpa In Senatorial Election / Why Are The Kano People Nor The Northerners Not Complaining About Ganduje's Act?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.