Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) (55124 Views)

Girl In Babcock University Sex Tape Gets International Scholarship / Man Deported To Nigeria When Daughter Was 8, Shows Up At Her Graduation In U.S / Ambrose Alli University Law Students Celebrate Graduation In Grand Style(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by onegig(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
Everything wrong with Nigeria has just been expressed by the opening post and his fellow comrades.

So because they paid 5million naira they shouldn't queue? They should have been flown straight into the house becuase money trumps everything in your own little minds.

Do we now see why we don't have process and are in the stone age as a society . If a poor fellow like the op could think this way. Imagine what would happen if he has some change. He wouldn't queue to buy fuel, would bully sales reps, buy his way out of crime and whatnot and we complain that the country is up side down.

7 Likes

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by ajasam12: 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
I was there with my camera as an official photographer, even rain dey beat parent under tent...
no seat for parent to seat after paying x3 of my school fees for just graduation gown...
well I reserve my comment..
Governor Amosun was there anyway..
He rejected to be covered with umbrella as he walked under the rain..
humble governor..
I don't know if he's doing oju aye anyway..
lemme be going..
if nairaland needs to more pictures, u can contact me

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
na dis one dem dey call olaniyonu meaning wealth get problem
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by sshalom(m): 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is simply for security reasons. Everyone was screened at the entrance.

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by 0b100100111: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
BoboFashion:

Mere glorified secondary school.
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by tete7000(m): 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
When has queueing becomes a punishment? Op must be one hell of a disorderly person who loves chaos.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by dimeji877(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
Babcock secondary school

I'm wondering if this nigga survived this

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Its a very good thing now. Me, I like orderliness ooo. I just wish queuing in an orderly manner without being forced is just natural to us. Even in developed countries, they que to enter buses, trains etc. There's no big deal if it happens here. It should not even be a news.

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
It is not in anyway related to any of the points made so far. The procedure may not be perfect but it is for security purposes. You may not have heard but precautions were necessary. It has been on for days now. Even staff and visitors cars were duly inspected before entering or exiting the university premises.

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
bionixs:
you called federal universities reputable now? Mr man, you couldn't afford Babcok and their likes. don't come here to call poverty reputable. I feel for your poor friends who loaded your comment with likes. don't condemn what you can't afford
private schools are for those who failed jamb

2 Likes

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Damsman10(m): 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
BigBrother9ja:
5 million indeed

This people here doesn't look any closer to...
u fnk say na by look
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by bionixs: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
lofty900:
private schools are for those who failed jamb
for what price? let people educate you,my brother
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by shevydinho(m): 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
oluwatoba400:
So this is currently happening in Babcock!

Parents are being forced queue to attend their children's graduation ceremony in Babcock University, after paying N5M for school fees.

Source: http://www.flexygist.com.ng/2017/06/04/photos-parents-queue-to-attend-their-childrens-graduation-in-babcock-university/

op can lie for Africa firstly the school fees is not up to N5m secondly both PG nd undergraduate students were convocating so how do you expect dem to control the crowd?

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by love2017(m): 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ridiculous system
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
it is likely that their auditorium cant contain all the parents so they had to make them queue to make the entry orderly instead of having many parents rushing to enter at the same time because of limited seats.
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by shevydinho(m): 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
bionixs:
the way he/she thinks is myopic
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
Lol , serves them right grin

That's exactly what Nigerians appreciate and value.
Babcock soji , they know Nija mentality and how it works here .

They should queue for 5hrs before they enter the school.

Ha! Nigerians embarassed
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
DjAndroid:
No reason why they queued up?
You dey mind op or because of traffic. What's is wrong queuing?
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
DjAndroid:
No reason why they queued up?
You dey mind op or because of traffic. What's is wrong queuing?
love2017:
Ridiculous system
bionixs:
SMH
tolarr:
It is not in anyway related to any of the points made so far. The procedure may not be perfect but it is for security purposes. You may not have heard but precautions were necessary. It has been on for days now. Even staff and visitors cars were duly inspected before entering or exiting the university premises.
Op isn't serious. His story isn't correct yet he rushed to push this thrash on front page. Don't people queue in offices, banks?

2 Likes

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
Pumpido75:
Asking parents to queue is belittling, there are better alternatives to ensure orderliness and coordination.
That's the best way to allow orderliness

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by latsy: 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
I expect many Nigerians to condemn this since chaos is our trademark.

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Dacronym(m): 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
Olowo de ni gbogbo won oh, bo se to be yen
Interesting
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by MChaze25(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
lofty900:
If they treat the parents like this, only God knows how they'll treat the students. The result of not passing jamb. Shebi if they passed jamb and gained admission into reputable federal University, their parents won't be suffering this humiliating and demeaning treatment undecided
Shut up jare!
Go and check their JAMB scores..
Far better than yours...
When you born pikin in years to come and you have the money, you will never reason federal university for your ward..Na even foreign sure pass..
How many senator children dey federal university?

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by ziga: 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
damosky12:

That's not the case here. The problem is the fact that they are dealing with parents. Not students here. That age bracket deserves some respect. Besides, it is very likely that there are aged and sick people on that queue, why subject them to such insensitive torment in the name of order?
They aren't going for an exam after all. Its supposed to be a convocation ceremony.

Respect is why Nigeria is in the sh!t it is in. We are afraid to question wrong things because of "respect".

The older generations have swept Nigeria into the gutters but we will continue to "respect"

The mentality of the average young Nigerian is to hustle and make it by hook or crook and then not do anything meaningful afterwards because everybody must "respect" them after they've arrived.

Yet Nigerians are the most disrespectful.

Who "respect" epp?

Not me!!!

Civilization requires law and order, so first come, first served. Therefore, join the line or queue

2 Likes

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by UgoFly: 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
Dongreat:

My parents are highly civilized. They will queue to wait their turn on an event. What's the rush?

That is begging the question. pls answer it. During your convocation, did your parents queue up like this into the foreign school ?
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by Ghost321(m): 11:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
UgoFly:

It's about not passing jamb. It's ppl like you that suffer from inferiority complex. To you, BU is school for billionaires. impoverished thinking

Just shut up already
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by doctorfemi20(m): 1:15am On Jun 05, 2017
BigBrother9ja:
5 million indeed

This people here doesn't look any closer to...
Ur poor use of English language shows that u DOESN'T look any closer to their wards

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by TheVictorious(m): 1:25am On Jun 05, 2017
Dongreat:
So because they pay 5M they go barge into the venue like some uncultured Apes? Have you wondered if this was done to make the process orderly, cultured and civilized. An average Nigerian is very rash and impatient, so for you to see this means the people involved are understanding and get the idea of what's going on.

Typical Nigerians who think because he pay a bus fee deserve to sit on one seat and place his bags on the other.

TREU. Now adding 5m to the queue issue is attempting to create a relationship that does not really exist. Fallacy!

1 Like

Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by lilytender: 7:27am On Jun 05, 2017
DocHMD:
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Anyway, zoogerians love chaos.

So, what do you do about your parents that are caged in the Zoo?
Re: Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) by mare23ayo(m): 7:44am On Jun 05, 2017
roqrules04:
Advanced secondary school
if i say you're pained coz ur father can't afford to send you to such skul u will start crying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uniben Release 2010/2011 Post Utme Result And Admission List / University Of Pretoria Exam Question: 'Crying Is Permitted As Long As You Do...' / UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.