Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue (18216 Views)

Zamfara : Buhari Wants To Declare State Of Emergency To Stop Election - Fayose / [BREAKING] Court Orders National Assembly To Stop Election Re-ordering Bill / Biafra: You Have No Right To Stop Election In Igbo Land – Orji Kalu Tells Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by marryjesus: 3:37am On Jun 05, 2017
•We don’t care if Kanu is rearrested –IPOB

From Jeff Amechi Agbodo, Onitsha

The Movement for Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has given six months ultimatum to the Federal Government to conduct a referendum in Biafra land or there would be no election in the South East region and parts of Kogi and Benue states in 2019.
“MASSOB, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and other genuine pro- Biafran groups will mobilise the people against 2019 general election in all Biafran territory to boycott the election if federal government refuses to conduct a referendum for the exit of Biafra from Nigeria,” the group said.

The National Director of Information of MASSOB, Samuel Edeson, who disclosed this yesterday in a statement, said Kogi and part of Benue State were also negotiating with MASSOB to be part of Biafra.
The statement read: “MASSOB is giving six months ultimatum to the Federal Government to conduct a referendum in Biafran land or there will be no election in the South East region, including parts of Kogi and Benue states.

“We are not going to disrupt anybody, including electoral officers; they will move to their wards to conduct election, but they won’t see anybody. No Biafran will come out to vote that day. If somebody decides to stay indoor, you won’t force him to go out and vote. We are tired of Nigeria, there is no amount of restructuring that will change our vision to actualise Biafra.

“We don’t condemn our brothers, the politicians, who are agitating for restructuring, because that is what they believe in, but for us, ‘no Biafra, nothing else.’
Meanwhile, IPOB, yesterday said it was not losing sleep over reports that the federal government may ask an Abuja Federal High Court to revoke the bail granted its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, on grounds of alleged breach of bail conditions.

Part of the major conditions of the bail which Justice Binta Nyako had granted Kanu on April 25, 2017, included prohibition from granting press interview.

The judge also barred Kanu from participating in any rally and warned that he should never be found in any crowd of more than 10 persons.

It was reported that sources in the Federal Ministry of Justice in Abuja have revealed that alleged breaches of the bail conditions by Kanu were being observed and may be relied on by the Federal Government to ask the court to revoke the bail.

However, reacting to the development, IPOB said it does not care if the Federal Government decides to revoke Kanu’s bail.

http://sunnewsonline.com/2019-massob-threatens-to-stop-polls-in-south-east-kogi-benue/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by madridguy(m): 3:50am On Jun 05, 2017
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Gravas(m): 3:56am On Jun 05, 2017
I hv bn following the issue of Biafra on NL Forum since 2015 on my other handle.
The current NASS should work on our Constitution by way of amendment, to address issues like secession, referendum, system of govt etc. Personally, i feel we should reverse back to the Parliamentary System. The current Presidential System does not favour this country.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Nobody: 4:57am On Jun 05, 2017
Chest beaters

32 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by dustmalik: 5:09am On Jun 05, 2017
These people can be very funny sha.

13 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 05, 2017
Why did you include Kogi and benue?

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by macolino(m): 5:46am On Jun 05, 2017
xstry:
Chest beaters
why do u always masturbate on every Biafran thread.. Be careful o before you get High BP.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by LoveMachine(m): 5:49am On Jun 05, 2017
I hope they do. Then when everyone sits home I'll vote for myself, my brothers and cousins. We will run SE! HAPPY MONDAY!

6 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by realnas(m): 5:51am On Jun 05, 2017
These Igbos will never cease to amuse me ,they want to stop elections in the north central part of Nigeria i wish them all the best but I hope that b4 going they must have written their wills and also make arrangements for their funerals.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by modath(f): 5:58am On Jun 05, 2017
Jokers.... making the usual notice me noise. smiley smiley

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by KahlDrogo(m): 6:09am On Jun 05, 2017
What are Kogi and Benue states doing there?

These biafrans are very funny people walai talai.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by KahlDrogo(m): 6:11am On Jun 05, 2017
dustmalik:
These people can be very funny sha.
I think now I understand why people call them landgrabbers and attaché by force.

28 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by modath(f): 6:26am On Jun 05, 2017
Ronaaldo:
Samuel Edeson, a wawa name. These are the touts using the cover of Massob and Ipod to disturb the good people of anambra state with their criminality and harassment of traders in onitsha. When we start gunning down these criminals or deporting them back to enugu and ebonyi states like peter obi did, they will say anambra indigenes look down on other igbos. ....

& yall want your own country? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lawd ha morsii cheesy

29 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 05, 2017
realnas:
These Igbos will never cease to amuse me ,they want to stop elections in the north central part of Nigeria i wish them all the best but I hope that b4 going they must have written their wills and also make arrangements for their funerals.
chicken brain...did you not read were they mentioned that they will be no confrontation of anybody...just a sit-at-home like the may 30th biafran day and nobody will be seen on the poll.

also people said we included Niger delta because of oil ...now which oil does kogi and Benue has.
Afonjas are really unintelligent and subhumans.. pathetic

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2017
Ronaaldo:
Samuel Edeson, a wawa name. These are the touts using the cover of Massob and Ipod to disturb the good people of anambra state with their criminality and harassment of traders in onitsha. When we start gunning down these criminals or deporting them back to enugu and ebonyi states like peter obi did, they will say anambra indigenes look down on other igbos.
Enugu is the best city in SE and we don't give fvck about your dirty polluted Onitsha if you're really an anambra cave man.

besides you are just an afonja looking for an attention... just swerve

20 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Ogalanyachieze: 7:34am On Jun 05, 2017
xstry:
Chest beaters
all thier threats has come to pass

8 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Okoroawusa: 7:35am On Jun 05, 2017
laugh wan kill me die...let me come n be going.
Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Ronaaldo: 7:57am On Jun 05, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:

Enugu is the best city in SE and we don't give fvck about your dirty polluted Onitsha if you're really an anambra cave man.

Continue deceiving yourself. Best city indeed! Yet over 75% of wawa people have fled your poverty-battered Enugu state and taken refuge in Anambra. Why are they not running to Enugu? All your towns and villages are empty and dry and wawa people are now found in every nook and cranny of Anambra state. Even in the most remote hamlet! You think producing okpa is what makes a city best?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by malton: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2017
yemaldo:
Why did you include Kogi and benue?

Because Igbo land alone cannot contain all the returnees.

They need some extra space and want to take it by force.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by ProWalker: 8:05am On Jun 05, 2017
This is the tragic-comedy of this agitation, the unseriousness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Ronaaldo: 8:09am On Jun 05, 2017
malton:

Haba Oga, why blow so hot this early morning?

75% is a stretch, biko.
I don't exaggerate. You need to go to enugu state and see things for yourself. Apart from enugu town, the entire state is as dry and empty as buhari's body. The biggest dream of almost every wawa native is to finally escape poverty by living and working in anambra state.

13 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by Suspense12(m): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2017
Ronaaldo:
Continue deceiving yourself. Best city indeed! Yet over 75% of wawa people have fled your poverty-battered Enugu state and taken refuge in Anambra. Why are they not running to Enugu? All your towns and villages are empty and dry and wawa people are now found in every nook and cranny of Anambra state. Even in the most remote hamlet! You think producing okpa is what makes a city best?

Na wa ooo....internal wrangling amongst the supposed biafran​ People.... You were never for once united...Enugu now Wawa people, later you will denigrate Ebonyi people...and claim that SS is part of biafra land...

Impending implosion and self destruct...at your own peril

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by malton: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2017
Ronaaldo:
I don't exaggerate. You need to go to enugu state and see things for yourself. Apart from enugu town, the entire state is as dry and empty as buhari's body. The biggest dream of almost every wawa native is to finally escape poverty by living and working in anambra state.

I know Enugu, very well.

LOL.

That's how most states are in Nigeria.

Anambra is the exception - and I'm proud of her for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by pezest: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:

mpama isina ibu onye ebe'e?

4 Likes

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by DropShot: 8:49am On Jun 05, 2017
Empty threats!

1 Like

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by PearlStreet(m): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2017
SE is the most Politically worthless region in Nigeria. They are so useless that they couldn't even help GEJ retain his seat. Now, not only are their votes useless, their votes are gonna be nonexistent.

Traditionally, the SE doesn't vote Against the ruling party at the Presidential elections. 2015 was a miscalculation because they thought Goodluck was going to win.

In 1999, they betrayed Ekwueme at the PDP primaries and voted obasanjo at the elections.

In 2003, they betrayed Ojukwu who contested under APGA and voted for obasanjo of PDP.

In 2007, they betrayed Orji Uzor Kalu of PPA and voted Yar'Adua of PDP.

In 2011, they voted Goatluck under PDP instead of Osita okechukwu.

In 2015, they voted GEJ again, but he lost.

Opposition politics is new to the SE and they can NEVER survive it. The political suicide of the SE in 2015 elections made them confused and their subsequent steps cemented their political graves.

If elections are held today, PDP would sweep the SE states. However, if Massob wants to stop elections in the SE, it's all well and good. It increases the margin of victory for the APC.

The SE has dribbled itself and is about to be politically castrated. This is what happens when you have illiterates with no foresight leading your politics.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue by HEYWAYA: 8:51am On Jun 05, 2017
Ronaaldo:

You said apart from Enugu town? Well, as for Anambra there is no exception and all corners of the gully-infested hell-hole is nothing but a giant graveyard that people only return to when there is a dead grandpa to bury.
I personally have no problem with Umu Enugu selling their Okpa across the decaying stretch of your ritual-infested gullies. With bus-loads of your imbecilic first sons shipped down from Lagos, Enugu and Abuja on daily basis to waste far away from the eyes of the people holding their destinies, it would be very uncharitable for Enugu people - who obviously have milk of human kindness flowing in them, to not provide them with the cheapest thing that their monthly stipends could afford.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawmakers, Police, Judges Most Corrupt, Says TI, N’assembly Kicks / LP/Obi Vs Bola Tinubu: Datti Baba-Ahmed In Court As INEC Opens Defence / Bomb Explosion At An Islamic School In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.