Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest (4003 Views)

AKA Demands An Apology From Burna Boy Before He Would Allow Him Perform In SA / Tailor Slams Mosunmola Filani: You Sell Cream But Your Skin Is An Apology / D'banj's Wife, Lineo Didi Kilgrow, Sends Wizkid's Son An Apology Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by hurlapapa(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
I listened to the radio this afternoon and should I say unfortunately, they were discussing Dammy Krane’s arrest. And the angle they picked it from was that of 9ice- his ‘Living Things’ song.
Honestly, the first day I heard that song, I said to myself this is all shades of wrong, but then it’s Naija so it’s cool, people had already started listening and jamming to the song.

The topic was the hot gist today and those that sent in messages said 9ice didn’t help matters when he released the song especially the part he praised well known fraudsters, which actually made youths believe more in fraud.

To them, (those that sent in messages) it’s simple, he actually reckons with them and it’s extremely sad that someone who once held a public office and a public figure can actually release a song to praise fraudsters and encourage the youths to involve themselves in what he calls wire wire.

One of the presenters even said, in a better country, authorities would have gone after those men and question their source of income. Which is just the RIGHT thing to do. The only RIGHT THING.

They however attributed it to Dammy Krane’s case, saying he is just like many Nigerian youths who have now involved themselves in fraudulent activities because they see it as a way of being big, living large and a fast way of making money than working hard, and ofcourse if people like 9ice can praise well known fraudsters, why won’t the youths want to get involved.

You ask why? Because 9ice has a say. Because 9ice is seen as a role model. Because 9ice is a star. Because 9ice matters to them. They listen to him. They believe in him. And when he dishes out a song, they think he is right, our mentor says it is cool and so they do it.

Need we say 9ice is wrong with his Living Things song? Absolutely! He owes Nigerian youths an apology. He owes them one, he needs a retraction. He has misled a lot of people without him probably not even knowing. We have to be careful of what we dish out as celebrities (I mean the celebrities).

Sourec:Nigeriafilms

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Afonjashapmouth: 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
9ice is a failure ask me and now a desperate artist on a rampage singing garbage to patch his career back to limelight. i was super dissapointed when i heard the LIVING THINGS track, i was like what the heck what is this grown ass boy singing about Our law enforcement arm of the government has failed us and they are protecting this illict act of scam on purpose ask me. every of this illict act goes via the bank, why cant every foreign transaction be prosecuted why cant there be an arm of the efcc tailing and bringing them to book? its sad when you see these boys that are still dumb even with the so call cash jumping here and there forming happening people. They are the one destroying our image everywhere because they lack the basic knowledge and understanding of sanity. If there was no yahoo yahoo Nigerian youth would have gone far in terms of invention trust me. This one stole and they are there saying trash about his release can you imagine.

4 Likes

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Stooi76(m): 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
But owo nikan lo le se oooo(us only money that can do it)

1 Like

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Afonjashapmouth: 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
Stooi76:
But owo nikan lo le se oooo(us only money that can do it)

Like illicit money that will later hunt your future down?
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Lobasco(m): 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
Funny enough the song in question was played at the inauguration of Lagos Neighbourhood Corps and our able Governor was there grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by francisbarrack(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
Funny people, apologize ko apology nii.

1 Like

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by ajigiteri(m): 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
Sometimes I wish I am not a Nigerian. The summary of the song is whatever means, I must make money even if it's fraud, and we have regulatory body in Nigeria that censor songs. Those of us living outside Nigeria put in extra efforts before anybody can trust us cos of the bad image of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by mroop(m): 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
that's true
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by ademiD(f): 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
Can u imagine, he is presently the special assistant to Oyo State governor on youth affairs, He also contested for Ogbomosho North Constituency Rep post in 2015. Thank God he lose out....if I were the governor, I will remove him immediately with that trash he released as music based on the fact that he is representing the youth in the state and at the same time advising them to go into fraud.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Applebeam: 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
chai
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by veekid(m): 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
As a human being, I wanna be controlling things e.g Cars, Money I mean raw cash..... Money must be made joooooor, anyway Na way

2 Likes

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Misterdhee1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
9ice is a failure ask me and now a desperate artist on a rampage singing garbage to patch his career back to limelight. i was super dissapointed when i heard the LIVING THINGS track, i was like what the heck what is this grown ass boy singing about Our law enforcement arm of the government has failed us and they are protecting this illict act of scam on purpose ask me. every of this illict act goes via the bank, why cant every foreign transaction be prosecuted why cant there be an arm of the efcc tailing and bringing them to book? its sad when you see these boys that are still dumb even with the so call cash jumping here and there forming happening people. They are the one destroying our image everywhere because they lack the basic knowledge and understanding of sanity. If there was no yahoo yahoo Nigerian youth would have gone far in terms of invention trust me. This one stole and they are there saying trash about his release can you imagine.
God bless you jawe.. The guy threw away the last bit of respect i had for him immediately i heard that song.. To even think he has a political career makes it work.

1 Like

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Afonjashapmouth: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
Misterdhee1:

God bless you jawe.. The guy threw away the last bit of respect i had for him immediately i heard that song.. To even think he has a political career makes it work.

failed political career too, and that is why he care less what it takes to strike the limelight buh trust me kolewerk

1 Like

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by wayne4loan: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
grin cool
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by wayne4loan: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
The Hypocrite blaming 9ice is a fool ...With God, hard-work and perseverance U can be whatever u want to be n this world.

1 Like

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by mukhcech(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
Nairaland mumu and hypocrites are coming out again. Una watch big brother nothing happen. Do me I do you, una groove am. A musician called bado is ur role model and he sang a rape song. Una no complain. Now you people talking rubbish about 9ice. How in consistent can you fools get. If you people can't make sense. Try to make little sense.

10 Likes

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by phlamesG: 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
Majority of Nigerian youths have misplaced priorities.
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by IamOpemipo(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
Maybe youths that lack value, the home training your papa refuse to give u na 9ice wan dash u abi.. Living things is a faaji song, young Jon finished the beat and adigun delivered, I dnt do scam and I like the song.. Leave 9icee outta dis

1 Like

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by goldennugget: 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Babamide(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Why single out 9ice?
No be person sing yahooze?
No be person sing mobolowowan?
Music is a weapon but most artiste use it to send the wrong message. We all know these artiste get into all kind of frauds, drug peddling and illegal activities. Dammy Krane just broke the 11th commandment; thou shall not get caught.

3 Likes

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by eaziguyman(m): 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
Wetin concern dammy krane wahala with 9ice living thing nau. As far as am concern 9ice no talk say make pesin go steal.9ice was even saying dat ole lo ba omo je. Abeg free 9ice oo
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by iphanyi10(m): 12:10am On Jun 06, 2017
the truth is most of our naija songs are uninspiring, noisy and uncreative, except a very few...
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by martinz1: 12:53am On Jun 06, 2017
What about davidos lyrics, i go shuk u shuku shuku, And what moral is that passing to the youth,
the fact is almost all hiphop music contain one or more explicit lyrics, so free my gee 9ice
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 06, 2017
Lobasco:
Funny enough the song in question was played at the inauguration of Lagos Neighbourhood Corps and our able Governor was there grin grin grin grin grin
I remember cringing when Olu maintain's Yahooze was played to welcome the under-20 world Cup winning team couple of years ago.
9ice is just ignorant.

1 Like

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Businessideas: 1:17am On Jun 06, 2017
I love that song alot but I have often thought about the issue the op has raised.
It's been played on radio too. I don't believe he can be telling people to do crime when he warned against stealing to become rich in the chorus.
Apart from Bernard,Ugo,the only full name on the track is Bayo Fajuola,all other names like Jaguar,Mr White,Hushpuppi etc are a.k.a.
This 9ice and controversy sef smh.
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by lenghtinny(m): 2:27am On Jun 06, 2017
Abeg leave 9ice out of Dammy krane wahala...
If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Any youth out there that claims that 9ice song is the reason why he is into fraud, then he need a million strokes of cane.
Like eldee said " you are not a thief because you stole, you steal because you are thief"...
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by kokoA(m): 7:19am On Jun 06, 2017
shocked Nice still sings?
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by Yorioye: 8:43am On Jun 06, 2017
Nigerians can be very funny Sha. Dammy krane woke nd got caught nd u fools are blaming it on 9ice?!! Are u kidding me??!!! The point u fools are trying to mk now is that it was after 9ice released"Living things" that Dammy Krane started doing Fraud?? angry How myopic can the thinking of Nigerian youths get,SMH....

The fact is, he's been engaged in this act for long, he just happened to be unfortunate nd got caught recently. You people shud wise up abeg!!

If you don't like 9ice nd his music, nobody is forcing you to do, but don't criticize his career unnecessarily just bcoz of ur useless sentiments.

You are saying Nigerian artists talk immoral things, the foreign songs u listen to, do tk out time to check out their lyrics? Myopic fools!!!

9ice' "ID Cabassa" album has about 15 tracks with powerful and positive messages, u don't see any of those tracks to talk about, but to single out just one track nd criticize him for dat? It's obvious u are all haters of d guy..... Why can't Dammy Krane mk use of messages from the positive vibes if truly he was influenced by "Living things" track.. You are all jokes here, I swear!!!

Rubbish!!

3 Likes

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by joudini(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2017
The cognitive dissonance on social media is comical. Either by being intentionally obtuse or by ignorance, people can't even hide their bias anymore in criticisms.

These people seem to have suddenly forgotten the history of musicians singing the praise of alleged fraudsters or even the glorification of crime itself.

Olu Maintain literally named his hit track "Yahooze". That song blew the airwaves with a new dance scheme and massive fame he got. Are these people saying that song would not have influenced people to go into crime? Or because Dammy Krane wasn't caught then? Will 9ice's "Living Things" be as famous as that?

What about DJ Zeez's song glorifying "classified"?

What about Osuofia's (Nkem Owoh) song talking about " Oyinbo man, I go chop ur dollar"?

The same Eldee had a song glorifying hustlers (I've forgotten the name).

M.I. Abaga literally has a song named "Hustle". Go listen to this song.

Wizkid, Davido, Olamide etc all have songs glorifying cyber crime before 9ice released "Living Things", but because a certain person is caught, then it's due to 9ice's song. This is so illogical.

Are all these people I listed not role models to some people?

He got caught, bruh.

2 Likes

Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by ominilongest(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2017
People daft sha undecided...so it's 9ice fault ..
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by yemiosinbajo: 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
How about Olamide that glorified rape in his song, "Story for the Gods"? Is he not the most sought-after artiste among you youths and your crooked government? 9ice released a remix of the song featuring Davido, and removed all of the shady contents glorifying fraud in it. He didn't praise anyone nor mentioned " wire-wire", and that is even more popular now; is that not enough of an apology or why is none of you talking about it? How about all of the other inspiring songs on the album; why did you guys choose to focus on only Living Things in an album of about 16 songs? Hypocrites!
Re: 9ice Owes Nigerian Youths An Apology Over Dammy Krane’s Arrest by yemiosinbajo: 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
Misterdhee1:

You never liked him before, stop lying!!! Mention the artistes you have respect for if they never praised fraud in their songs!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celebrity Pastor Arrives With His Private Jet(picture) / Bbnaija Vee Top 3 Songs Download – Audio (mp3) / Why I Refused To Marry Rita Dominic — Jim Iyke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.