Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,621 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic (5274 Views)

UK High Commissioner Visits Peter Obi At His Niger Drive GRA Residence Onitsha / Pictures Of Heavy Equipments Moved To Boro Port. / We Will Declare Niger Delta Republic On October 1 – Adaka Boro Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

Dont bring your stupid sentiments here. The only thing being done 'by force' is the Federal Government that enforcres 'one Nigeria'

Am i now ? The thread is about Adaka Boro, Rivers in general but P-Harcourt/Ikwerre in particular but the fellow i replied deviated by saying Igbos' have a problem only with the yoruba. What problem ? Is the yoruba holding them down ? Only yoruba elements risked their lives to personally take relief materials to Ibo civilians during the war. Only the yoruba hid and fed Ibos who refused to return to the east for the war. Soldiers of certain stock were conducting house-to-house checks for Ibos but the yoruba had them hidden.
It took yoruba elements to openly protested and campagned for GEJ to be installed as acting president and later as president.

Nnamdi Kanu urged Ibos to attack and kill some ethnic groups in Nigeria including the yoruba and not a single Ibo leader condemned him or the statement. What else do we need to realise what resides in the inner recess of your people against the yoruba ?
Yet it took the intervention of some yoruba elements before the same N. Kanu got a political bail. How many of Ibo leaders openly
identified with him in the courts before this ? None. They only came out of their cocoon after bail has been granted.
Yet, a loafer, rather than address the topic of the thread claimed the yoruba are their problem.
Who was being sentimental here ?

While i do not claim biafra cannot be achieved by Igbos' sole effort, i rather think seeking inputs from the yoruba one way or the other would enhance or hasten its actualization. Things like this are not easily achieved by brawn or noise-making and false propaganda but with tact and diplomacy.
At the end of the day, it boils down to the truth that the entire south has a common enemy to be dealt with. And working together may lead to our mutual emancipation. What we may not realise yet is the fact that the combined force of the SE-SW can achieve anything within a short period of time. Rather than having qualms about the yoruba, methings those to be held in suspicion as to their readiness to co-operate with the south are those of old Calabar-Ogoja principality, though i may be wrong as their perceptions may have changed.
The sole inordinate ambition of Tinubu led to Buhari's ascendancy. He had meticulously planned for this for years. That was why he turned against yoruba elders who installed him in Lagos and planted his men in the SW.
Authentic yoruba leaders publicly enjoined yorubas to vote for Gej. Gej's ingratuitous treatment of the yoruba after all their support for him did not help matters. It was so bad that all entreaties to Gej by yoruba leaders to consider their people for appropriate appointments fell on deaf ears. Check the votes for Gej and Buhari in the SW and you will discover how close they were.
However, its a good thing that Tinubu has apologised to the elders and fences has been mended. The yoruba can almost speak with one voice now and are ready to work ONLY with like minds for the betterment of our people.
We also have the ability and capability to go it alone whenever we want but there is unity in strenght.

2 Likes

Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Am i now ? The thread is about Adaka Boro, Rivers in general but P-Harcourt/Ikwerre in particular but the fellow i replied deviated by saying Igbos' have a problem only with the yoruba. What problem ? Is the yoruba holding them down ? Only yoruba elements risked their lives to personally take relief materials to Ibo civilians during the war. Only the yoruba hid and fed Ibos who refused to return to the east for the war. Soldiers of certain stock were conducting house-to-house checks for Ibos but the yoruba had them hidden.
It took yoruba elements to openly protested and campagned for GEJ to be installed as acting president and later as president.

Nnamdi Kanu urged Ibos to attack and kill some ethnic groups in Nigeria including the yoruba and not a single Ibo leader condemned him or the statement. What else do we need to realise what resides in the inner recess of your people against the yoruba ?
Yet it took the intervention of some yoruba elements before the same N. Kanu got a political bail. How many of Ibo leaders openly
identified with him in the courts before this ? None. They only came out of their cocoon after bail has been granted.
Yet, a loafer, rather than address the topic of the thread claimed the yoruba are their problem.
Who was being sentimental here ?

While i do not claim biafra cannot be achieved by Igbos' sole effort, i rather think seeking inputs from the yoruba one way or the other would enhance or hasten its actualization. Things like this are not easily achieved by brawn or noise-making and false propaganda but with tact and diplomacy.
At the end of the day, it boils down to the truth that the entire south has a common enemy to be dealt with. And working together may lead to our mutual emancipation. What we may not realise yet is the fact that the combined force of the SE-SW can achieve anything within a short period of time. Rather than having qualms about the yoruba, methings those to be held in suspicion as to their readiness to co-operate with the south are those of old Calabar-Ogoja principality, though i may be wrong as their perceptions may have changed.
The sole inordinate ambition of Tinubu led to Buhari's ascendancy. He had meticulously planned for this for years. That was why he turned against yoruba elders who installed him in Lagos and planted his men in the SW.
Authentic yoruba leaders publicly enjoined yorubas to vote for Gej. Gej's ingratuitous treatment of the yoruba after all their support for him did not help matters. It was so bad that all entreaties to Gej by yoruba leaders to consider their people for appropriate appointments fell on deaf ears. Check the votes for Gej and Buhari in the SW and you will discover how close they were.
However, its a good thing that Tinubu has apologised to the elders and fences has been mended. The yoruba can almost speak with one voice now and are ready to work ONLY with like minds for the betterment of our people.
We also have the ability and capability to go it alone whenever we want but there is unity in strenght.
You made a lot of sense in this post. No need for fighting and name calling. Most monikers that descend into abuse do it on purpose, which is to ignite ethnic e-war. However, we are getting wiser. You actually responded because of the name calling, even though you went too far, exactly the reaction the poster was expecting. We all have one thing in common, Nigeria ain't working, and we need to dissolve it as quickly as possible.

3 Likes

Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by Ngokafor(f): 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
mekuzi09:

You made a lot of sense in this post. No need for fighting and name calling. Most monikers that descend into abuse do it on purpose, which is to ignite ethnic e-war. However, we are getting wiser. You actually responded because of the name calling, even though you went too far, exactly the reaction the poster was expecting. We all have one thing in common, Nigeria ain't working, and we need to dissolve it as quickly as possible.

..I am so disappointed in you..what on earth is the -sense' in the garbage you saw lots of sense in??....is it the fact the clown said it was yorubas who got 'political bail' for Nnamdi Kanu or what?..na wa for waec.
Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
mekuzi09:

You made a lot of sense in this post. No need for fighting and name calling. Most monikers that descend into abuse do it on purpose, which is to ignite ethnic e-war. However, we are getting wiser. You actually responded because of the name calling, even though you went too far, exactly the reaction the poster was expecting. We all have one thing in common, Nigeria ain't working, and we need tog dissolve it as quickly as possible.

And may God help us achieve that sooner than we expected.
Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ngokafor:

..I am so disappointed in you..what on earth is the -sense' in the garbage you saw lots of sense in??....is it the fact the clown said it was yorubas who got 'political bail' for Nnamdi Kanu or what?..na wa for waec.
Anybody is free to believe what he/she deems fit. I don't care. The most important thing to me, and I'm sure you in extension, is the dissolution of this unworkable union.... Seeing sense in his posts does not necessarily mean I agreed to everything he said. But I really want to see an end to e-wars. Its not healthy to the course.
Besides, I'm not completely in support of Nnamdi Kanu's method, though I'm a Biafran to the core. I subscribe more to an only Igboid nation.... which I'm sure for us to achieve, we need diplomacy and tact to win our Igbo brothers across the Niger. Abeg, no be today I write WAEC. Edon tey. cheesy Safe.
Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by HopeAtHand: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
mekuzi09:

HopeAtHand is from Ogbakiri. Their dialect is more like a mixture of Ijaw, they share boundary with Kalabari, Buguma precisely. But funny enough, indi Ogbakiri practice the Oboni cult that is peculiar to Arochukwu and some parts of Ebony State. Witness it once in a burial ceremony, 2015 precisely, in Ichihi Mo, don't know if the spelling is correct. I confronted one of the indigine to explain the similarities, he told me that Ikwerres are the fathers of Igbos, lol. Igbos, according to him, came from Ikwerre. So, you see, everybody with him own version.

We share boundary with Tombia in Degema LGA. There is obviously a rub-off of our language and that if the Kalabaris but it's not wholesale to warrant your insinuating that our language is a mixture. Just a few here and there.

Anyone who is observant will notice the huge variation in some Ikwerre clans languages and will safely arrive at the conclusion that we cannot all originate from same place.

1 Like

Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by Yyeske(m): 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ikwerres should please get off and I hate it when Ndigbo go begging them for any union after the backstabbing during and after the war.
Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by OMANBALA1: 11:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
Keep making Ikwerre feel important. People who never achieved anything in their life and you are here giving them worthless confidence...I don't care about Ikwerre people and I have never seen a successful one in my life. Left for me I will place them where they belong and you don't wanna know where!
Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by HopeAtHand: 12:03am On Jun 07, 2017
OMANBALA1:
Keep making Ikwerre feel important. People who never achieved anything in their life and you are here giving them worthless confidence...I don't care about Ikwerre people and I have never seen a successful one in my life. Left for me I will place them where they belong and you don't wanna know where!

We are hugely important. You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that...@bolded, only an idiot will make such a blanket statement against an entire ethnicity. But I'm not surprised, going to school and knowing how to write is not a yardstick for sense.
Re: Why Adaka Boro Did Not Include Ikweres In His Niger Delta Republic by Pain(m): 12:41am On Jun 07, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Shina Pellet At Obi Cubana's Mom Burial In Oba / Pictures Of Huge Protest Against The Tribunal Judgement Removing Ademola Adeleke / Kano State Govt Ask Living Faith Church To Pay Tax (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.