Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,125 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) (64115 Views)

14-Year-Old Missing Malaysian Boy Found In Crocrodile's Stomach (Graphic Pics) / George Weah Is New President Of Liberia / Ghana Policeman Whips Lady's Butts Raw For Refusing To Enter Cell (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by toseen7: 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
xreal:

No, he gave to IBB, who said he can't keep such a huge amount but he has a good friend who was a business man and he was in a better position to keep the money.

.....the rest na story which later made MKO rich.
and the reason why IBB annulled 1993 election. lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by totorimi: 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
We need to be showing this video in Aso rock every now and then as a reminder that one day is for the people.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by purplekayc(m): 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
Don't feel sorry for him he did more than this.

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Their strength lies in the Nigerian factor of cowardice. None is willing to sacrifice for the good of all. Senators collect huge allowances, embezzle funds and get rewarded with chieftancy titles. Does that look like a place where they are marked for capture? Blame the society.

What are you saying ? Just drifting from the issue.
If you cut them they will bleed; but you will not catch them to cut. Simple.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by whizcartel(m): 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
I watched this video when I was a much younger... I was mortified!!!
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by whizcartel(m): 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
dominique:
They really tortured him and stripped him of every shred of dignity before killing him. But was he as brutal as Uganda's Idi Amin?
Every dictator is the same... none is a saint. but idi amin worse pass am sha. Even Charles Taylor worse pass doe.

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Tecno66: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
BlackDBagba:
shocked
That General Quinoo is not worthy to be called a soldier. He ought to be dismissed from service. You invited a man you knew you could not guarantee his safety! Imagine that no single ECOMOG soldier was killed because they were not involved in the battle even though their headquarters was stormed by rebel force. I guarantee that if it was when the Field Commander was Major General Dogonyaro or Kupolati, Yomi Johnson and his rag tag rebels will not leave there alive. Nigeria get soldiers before o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Xkalaban(m): 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
Trust naija na. Them don already know wetin dey go down before e happen. They deliberately withdrew their better equipped forces so that the rebel attack go succeed. The wicked dictator deserved every bit of it tho..... he's probably chilling with the devil in hell now sipping shekpe tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by yomi007k(m): 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
Willie2015:
Taylor had broken out of a jail in the United States, where he was awaiting extradition to Liberia on charges of embezzlement.

This guy get wings to break out of US jail..... I bow for USA

Bro although I dont hv proof but let's view it ds way.

1. Us releases Charles Taylor n claim he broke out.

2. The get him arms n say he is a rebel.

3. They control Ecomog n lure Doe in.

......n dey tell us a different STORY.

13 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by leofab(f): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
Brillantman:
Is Sarrki dead?
I think so..

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by berryPee(m): 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
this one brutal oooooo
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by oruma19: 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
Willie2015:
Taylor had broken out of a jail in the United States, where he was awaiting extradition to Liberia on charges of embezzlement.

America and Britain have been the major source and cause of wars in Africa and the less developed countries of the world. Hw can u tell me an African escaped from their prison if they didn't free him on their own accord? They sent Taylor to destroy doe when they saw they could not control him any longer. God will judge America and britain brutally for destroying and making Africa what it is today. Nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
you want to be a f**king dictator always take a pack of cyanide with you ..does your job fast and easy... just so you know 45% of the world still thinks Hitler was never killed ..now that's a dictator #Hitler_lives

3 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Flakosixfive(m): 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
Willie2015:

With active CIA support. Read his confessionals at the Hague trials.

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by imstrong1: 12:07am On Jun 06, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
Like Jesus Christ, died a wretched death for NOTHING! cry
After DOE, came EBOLA!
Welcome to the continent of DARKNESS!
No salvation, no hope, no redemption. . . . ONLY DAMNATION! cry
sorry to disappoint you dear his suffering, death and resurrection was never in vain it means a whole lot to we believers! He brought salvation, hope, freedom to mankind, He loves people like you so dearly that's why he died in the first place! Its never too late to surrender to him! Common swhrt I know you can do this... One love..

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by hedonistic: 12:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Tecno66:
That General Quinoo is not worthy to be called a soldier. He ought to be dismissed from service. You invited a man you knew you could not guarantee his safety! Imagine that no single ECOMOG soldier was killed because they were not involved in the battle even though their headquarters was stormed by rebel force. I guarantee that if it was when the Field Commander was Major General Dogonyaro or Kupolati, Yomi Johnson and his rag tag rebels will not leave there alive. Nigeria get soldiers before o.

All soldiers act on orders. The General and his troops were acting on orders from above. It's really as simple as that. Wouldn't have been any different even if General George Washington was in command.

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by hedonistic: 12:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Piercy:
you want to be a f**king dictator always take a pack of cyanide with you ..does your job fast and easy... just so you know 45% of the world still thinks Hitler was never killed ..now that's a dictator #Hitler_lives

Death before dishonour. Most of these idiots are just opportunists whose claim to "strength' or 'power' is merely cosmetic. It trickles down to cults and street gangs, even here in Nigeria. You see wimpy, sadistic cowards forming hard men as if they are superhuman. Deep down they are nothing but chickens who merely derive pleasure from inflicting pain on others. Put them in a tight corner and give them a small dose of their own medicine, they will start pleading for mercy and crying like little girls, too afraid to die.

Some of us already have suicide bomber resolve by default. I'd rather die this moment than allow myself to experience certain kinds of indignity. And I'll die defending my honour. Life is overrated already (believe it or not); let alone when you have to put up with bullshit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Matthew4sure(m): 1:04am On Jun 06, 2017
ok
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by bamasite(m): 1:08am On Jun 06, 2017
His capture was a setup!

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by ernieboy(m): 3:52am On Jun 06, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Their strength lies in the Nigerian factor of cowardice. None is willing to sacrifice for the good of all. Senators collect huge allowances, embezzle funds and get rewarded with chieftancy titles. Does that look like a place where they are marked for capture? Blame the society.
why don't u sacrifice by starting a bloody revolution against our leaders
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by maisauki: 4:56am On Jun 06, 2017
1stCitizen:

Doe was betrayed by Ecomog in order to bring a quick end to the war. They were wrong. I met a Liberian some months ago Who gave a scary graphic account of the brutality he witnessed as a young child.

It makes me wonder if those miscreants of ipob strumming the chords of war really understand what it means.
theydont and they are not ready to Learn from history nor current happenings around d globe...Sudan,Korea,BH, d list is endless.
It's never a joke fighting a war esp civil war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by diva90: 5:21am On Jun 06, 2017
That video was hard to watch cry
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 06, 2017
1stCitizen:

Doe was betrayed by Ecomog in order to bring a quick end to the war. They were wrong. I met a Liberian some months ago Who gave a scary graphic account of the brutality he witnessed as a young child.

It makes me wonder if those miscreants of ipob strumming the chords of war really understand what it means.
He was betrayed by ecomog
But he was a brutal dictator who killed his people abi?
Are you saying it wasn't good he was betrayed
Not abusing you,just want to learn more about his history
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Gbemishile1:

He was betrayed by ecomog
But he was a brutal dictator who killed his people abi?
Are you saying it wasn't good he was betrayed
Not abusing you,just want to learn more about his history

I guess your understanding of the word betray means that betrayal is wrong in every circumstance as seen from the eyes of different parties. The fact that the reason for this was mentioned was enough to stimulate your intellect but nay. cheesy

If you really want to learn you should have the basic requirements to learn. Was it mentioned that he was no dictator ? NO! Was it mentioned that he did not brutalize, maim and murder his people? NO!

Yet you claim you want to learn. How can you when the capacity for minute intelligence is missing.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by seniorkachion(m): 6:09am On Jun 06, 2017
dominique:
They really tortured him and stripped him of every shred of dignity before killing him. But was he as brutal as Uganda's Idi Amin?

Didn't you read the story of what he did Tolbert's ministers and supporters. He was given a taste of his own medicine.

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by kingmolah: 7:09am On Jun 06, 2017
This kind of stories and people makes one wonder whether nah the same hellfire this people and a man that lied just to make unnecessary conversation end quickly go stay together, abeg e be like say hellfire get fractions o

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by emi14: 7:13am On Jun 06, 2017
Thankyou op for information/ history of these type. Do not expect much comments as Igbos and Yorubas ethnicity have no connection on these master piece as well as Tonto dike and Davido baby mama.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Mcreloaded(m): 7:13am On Jun 06, 2017
coalcoal1:
I'm just wondering why we have so many graphic photos and videos on Nairaland front page lately. You see stories like a baby strangled, graphic pics, man beheaded, graphic pics etc... In short, Nairaland is now NairaGraphic

Not to mention the graphic photos of snake massacre
A day without graphic photos of snake is not complete in naira land
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by bizzibodi(m): 7:13am On Jun 06, 2017
meanwhile another brutal dictator ibb celebrate his daughters wedding 20 private jets landed in minna.d blood of mko,dele giwa,gani fawehinmi crys for justice.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by emi14: 7:17am On Jun 06, 2017
kingmolah:
This kind of stories and people makes one wonder whether nah the same hellfire this people and a man that lied just to make unnecessary conversation end quickly go stay together, abeg e be like say hellfire get fractions o
Hahahahaha. Bro you don make me laugh out stress of hectic yesterday - Monday. I wonder ooo. Hellfire must get factions as amended. Lol
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Tecno66: 7:33am On Jun 06, 2017
hedonistic:

All soldiers act on orders. The General and his troops were acting on orders from above. It's really as simple as that. Wouldn't have been any different even if General George Washington was in command.
You may be right there. I guese they set Sgt. Doe up with the knowledge of Yomi Johnson otherwise he wouldnt have had the courage to storm the ECOMOG headquarters. Doe was made a sacrificial lamb.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Samuel Doe Of Liberia (graphic Pics & Video ) by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 06, 2017
hedonistic:

Death before dishonour. Most of these idiots are just opportunists whose claim to "strength' or 'power' is merely cosmetic. It trickles down to cults and street gangs, even here in Nigeria. You see wimpy, sadistic cowards forming hard men as if they are superhuman. Deep down they are nothing but chickens who merely derive pleasure from inflicting pain on others. Put them in a tight corner and give them a small dose of their own medicine, they will start pleading for mercy and crying like little girls, too afraid to die.

Some of us already have suicide bomber resolve by default. I'd rather die this moment than allow myself to experience certain kinds of indignity. And I'll die defending my honour. Life is overrated already (believe it or not); let alone when you have to put up with bullshit.

that's why Chinese people proved hell to the U.S. army back then those guys stood their ground even when they were told Hiroshima was on its way..they carry always small knives to take their own life as that's the best honor .... see assholes like Ghadarfi ..I wonder why you want to be a dictator when you value ur own life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First-Person-View Of Afghans Clinging To Kabul Plane As It Takes Off / Ugandan Policeman Assaults A Woman, Holds Her Breast (Video) / Pregnant Woman Shot Five Times By Police In Missouri USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.