Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Atheist And Agnostics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist And Agnostics (870 Views)

Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / Quotes For Atheists And Agnostics / Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist And Agnostics by Kay17: 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2010
Atheism is the disbelief in the God entity or gods entities, with reason as a guiding lamp. Yet this untenable position held by agnostics that the existence of God is impossible to ascertain, despite the assertions of the religions of this world.
my question is since agnostics reject all the definitions of God given by religions, what tool do they use to reach such a conclusion, despite the acknowledgment that the God is a radically unique entity. Reason defies the existence of God, and is defined by experience. is it faith or reason?
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by DeepSight(m): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2010
I hardly have the words to address you.

What is the meaning of what you have written? ? ?

You say atheism has reason as a guiding lamp. That's hoggswollop. What rationality is there in stating that -

1. The world as we see it needed no preceding cause and/ or -

2. That cause could not conceivably be intelligent ? ? ? ? ?

You are very !/xqz"??11*%$£! when you assert that reason defies teh existence of God. Do you know what reason is? Ehn? Ehn? ? ?

Agnosticism is simply a position that declares - "we do not know and it is beyond us to ever know" - now that is a vastly more honest and reasonable response than the atheistic view.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Agnostics by Krayola(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2010
@op I doubt u can reason your way to showing that there is no God. I'd u can please show us.

My "agnosticism" is based on the fact that I can neither reason my way to show that God exists, nor reason my way to show that he does not exist. Plus I don't believe something that is supposed to be of such huge consequence should be such a mystery.
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by DeepSight(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2010
How is it a mystery Krayola?

Glancing at the palm of your hand alone shows how fearfully and wonderfully made you are.

The brain, that pinnacle of matter which the materialists praise so much - surely its faculties are evidence that man was made to contemplate higher things?

IT IS STARING US IN THE FACE EVERYWHERE AND EVERYDAY - THE WONDER AND GLORY OF GOD.
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by ednut1(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2010
D basis is that seeing is believing. Show me god and i wil tell u wat u are. Sit down and analyse like 3 diff religions u wil see that most of its stories is illogical and baseless eg (1)adam nd eve- hw cum white,black,asian exist if we had same ancestor, ur black mum did nt give birth 2 u as a white.(2) where did dinosaurs bones come 4rm its nt in any myth or religion. (3) tower of babel, jesus ascention suggest heaven is in d sky bt astronauts proved otherwise.(4) hw cum other planets are nt in creation stories etc. My dear poster u will hv 2 agree with d agnos
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by DeepSight(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2010
D basis is that seeing is believing. Show me god and i wil tell u wat u are.

Do you expect to see spiritual things with your physical eyes?
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by Krayola(m): 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2010
Deep Sight:

How is it a mystery Krayola?

Glancing at the palm of your hand alone shows how fearfully and wonderfully made you are.

The brain, that pinnacle of matter which the materialists praise so much - surely its faculties are evidence that man was made to contemplate higher things?

IT IS STARING US IN THE FACE EVERYWHERE AND EVERYDAY - THE WONDER AND GLORY OF GOD.

if I were born without palms, or with some kinda brain disorder, then what?
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by agathamari(f): 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2010
your forgeting thiest and diest. neither accept organized religion (agnostics say god is beyond human understanding)
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by Kay17: 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ deep sight, it better you start your church and preach your imaginary god there. religion provides the definition of God, yet its rejected by agnostics on what basis? religion has always preached that reason and God are incompatible, that God is far different from man.
Deep Sight:

I hardly have the words to address you.

You say atheism has reason as a guiding lamp. That's hoggswollop. What rationality is there in stating that -

You are very !/xqz"??11*%$£! when you assert that reason defies teh existence of God. Do you know what reason is? Ehn? Ehn? ? ?

Agnosticism is simply a position that declares - "we do not know and it is beyond us to ever know" - now that is a vastly more honest and reasonable response than the atheistic view.
all the nonsense you made is pure cheap speculation.
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by bawomolo(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2010

deepsight strikes again. amputees ko?

what do you mean by fearfully, you mean God was angry when making us?
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by ilosiwaju: 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2010
Oga deepsight, you are talking more and more like a christian o. Whats up with you?
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by Kay17: 11:57am On Jan 28, 2010
deep sight is terribly confused!
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by Moboju: 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2010
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by blacksta(m): 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
Another useless thread - If you an athesit - then stick to your shit - if you believe in the existence of God then good for u . but why try to force each other opinion yourselves - absolute waste of time and energy

You should all get a life
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by Kay17: 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2010
then why are you on this forum?
blacksta:

Another useless thread - If you an athesit - then stick to your poo - if you believe in the existence of God then good for u . but why try to force each other opinion yourselves - absolute waste of time and energy

You should all get a life
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by blacksta(m): 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2010
On a mission to rid NL off useless thread like this one
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by Kay17: 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2010
its funny that the conclusion, God cannot be found or know to exist is drawn, when its being accepted beforehand he exists. besides its a subtle admission of his non-existence.
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by Kay17: 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
DeepSight: I hardly have the words to address you.

How do you address the issue of Being, because the problem encompasses God too.
Re: Atheist And Agnostics by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
ednut1: D basis is that seeing is believing. Show me god and i wil tell u wat u are.

You are wrong/ deceptive. Have you seen Isaac Newton yet you believe he existed. Have you seen wind or electricity , but you believe both exist. Have you seen an atom or energy? But you believe they both exist. Humans can not see or perceive everything in Nature, that is a FACT .

ednut1:
Sit down and analyse like 3 diff religions u wil see that most of its stories is illogical and baseless eg (1)adam nd eve- hw cum white,black,asian exist if we had same ancestor, ur black mum did nt give birth 2 u as a white.

Underneath the Skin, we are all the same is a FACT.
Variation in the Melanin level in our Skin is responsible for different skin colours is a FACT. Variation occurs in every species of living organisms-Humans are not exempted is a FACT. Recessive and Dominant traits are passed on from Parent to Child, this traits include skin colours, Children sometimes have different skin colours from Parents - ALBINO is proof of that. In the bible, Esau was so named because he had a different skin (Red), same with Niger (Black).

ednut1:
(2) where did dinosaurs bones come 4rm its nt in any myth or religion.

Animals and Plant species do become extinct from time to time. The fact that the mammoths and Saber tooth tigers were extinct during the ice age doesn't mean they were not created/ existed in the past. In the bible,
Many animals perished in the Flood of Noah's day. Not all animals were inside the Ark. The massive flood caused sudden drop in temperature, probably conditions similiar to the ice age. Do you know that if all the ice melts in the world, the entire land will be swallowed up?

ednut1:
(3) tower of babel, jesus ascention suggest heaven is in d sky bt astronauts proved otherwise.

Wrong you are! The bible use the word heaven to describe 3 different places/location. (1) The cloud/Sky- Earth's atmosphere (2) Space with cluster of Stars including our solar system. (3) The spirit dwelling place of God- described in revelations/ dreams. Astronaut are just studying one of those Heavens- Space not the invisible Heaven.

ednut1:
(4) hw cum other planets are nt in creation stories etc.

Is there any intelligent life in those planets? Of what significant are they to our life in relation to God? What will mentioning the other planets prove?

(1) (Reply)

Books On Juju Recommendation / The Holy Bible, A Source Of Wisdom / What Will You Do If A Boko Haram Suspect Walks Into Your Church During Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.