Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,057 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nigerian Landlord - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Landlord (564 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband / My Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Landlord by Fonydear(f): 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
Please everyone I need your contributions and advice on this.
We've lived in a particular compound for 10 years and I lost my mom recently and decided to move out since 3bedroom flat is too big for me alone, the landlord called today and told me he is suing me to court that I should have changed all the spoilt locks, fix a new kitchen cabinet and infact paint the worn out parts of the house.
This is the house that he used very inferior things to build, within our first 1year in that house we changed all the locks, taps, some tiles and sinks because they werent good. The kitchen cabinet is made of ply wood and it started giving in within 3years of our stay. Who makes cabinet with just plywood,
This man sunk a shallow sockaway for 3 flats and we had to be exhuming every 2years, when it became too much the plumber opened up that the man gave them money for a small soakaway and advised that a new one should be sunk it was billed at 150k and each tenant paid 40k each for new one just last year.
This is a man that tenants repair everything from gate, pumping machine, pipes etc.
So please I'm l really expected to do all that, I intend asking for the soakaway refund and the gate my mum put. Help a sister please!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Landlord by Afonjashapmouth: 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
Bruff, tell him to go ahead and issue the paper. Trust me he is bluffing. Let me tell you the best way to deal with all this house owners that thinks they are some kind of demi God.. Dont drag or shout with them, lay your points to.them in a confident and mellow tempo and not exchanging words. Talk to a lawyer around (They are almost everywhere) make him call the man and tell him what the law says. At that junction he must crawl back and be humble plus pay you what he owe, worst case scenario remove his plywood price worth. Thats my opinion, dont be troubled at all
Re: Nigerian Landlord by Fonydear(f): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=Afonjashapmouth post=57226787]Bruff, tell him to go ahead and issue the paper. Trust me he is bluffing. Let me tell you the best way to deal with all this house owners that thinks they are some kind of demi God.. Dont drag or shout with them, lay your points to.them in a confident and mellow tempo and not exchanging words. Talk to a lawyer around (They are almost everywhere) make him call the man and tell him what the law says. At that junction he must crawl back and be humble plus pay you what he owe, worst case scenario remove his plywood price worth. Thats my opinion, dont be troubled at all[/quote

Thanks you, I'm planning to also sue for refunds of What we spent especially the 40k for new soak away and the protector that cost about 55k

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Brother-in-law's Wife Unaccomodating?1 / She Willingly Got Into Bed With Me, 60 -year Old Man Tells Police / Nigerian Lady Held Hostage By Husband In Germany, Raises Alarm (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.