Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ (743 Views)

EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer / MURDERER by the freelancer / The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 06, 2017
CHAPTER ONE

DEATH

'What!? ..hmm you mean he is dead!?' the Governor asked without much remorse as he starred curiously at the commissioner.
'Yes sir . unfortunately he passed away this morning ..he died of severe heart attack sir..the family has been notified already' Commissioner Idris replied smartly.
'So commissioner what do we do ..I can't set nineteen free..I have already announced and made it known to the public its twenty that I will be setting free..what will they think of if I start my tenure with such issues with the public!?' Governor Abbas asked again.
' You are right governor ..sir I would like provide a meaningful solution to this problem..you are right about the public trusting you to keep your words ..well why don't we substitute the late prisoner for one who is still alive ..doing this people will not only trust your words but know you are also a smart and thoughtful governor who has answers to all problems' Commissioner idris replied again intently.
'Hmmmm that's brilliant commissioner ..so do you have any of the death row bastards you wish to recommend' the Governor replied rejecting a call that interrupted him while he spoke.
' well sir there are 32 on death row but I can only recommend one..his name is k-NINE sir' the commissioner replied adjusting himself properly on the chair.
'K-NINE !? what sort of name is that !? who is he by the way and why is he on death row' the Governor replied with some level of irritation.
'his real name is kelvin Oboh his crime was the murder and rape of his two sisters ,a father and a mother ,he was transferred to our prison 8 years ago everyone calls him K-NINE because he has escaped nine times from nine different prisons ..every prisoner and police man knows him and fears him' Commissioner replied slowly.
'Eh and you want me to release such a person ,commissioner!?' The Governor asked confusingly.
' Well Sir that's not all about him..K-NINE after been transferred to our base met someone a revered father by name Rev.peter who comes to try and make this hardened criminals repent a year and a half Rev. Peter converted K-NINE into an angel so to say ..since then K-NINE has been responsible for stopping 14 prison breaks , he has assisted the police with information and strategies leading to 24 successful cases ..three months ago..the rev father was almost killed by some angry criminals , K-NINE took a stab to the chest for him , he has become some what of a friend and son to almost all the police men , some times most criminals who have been freed or served their jail time usually come back to check up on him..he is a better person the last administration noted this..I think you giving him a chance to live another day will be a good record to be noted of by the police force ,Sir!' Commissioner replied again.
' Hmm I see...' The governor said thoughtfully.
' and sir ... I have served the force for over 25 years now I have never recommended any one for such .I believe criminals are not humans and they deserve to face the full force of the law but K-NINE he seems different.. I don't know him much but I have seen him maybe two times and I can say he doesn't deserve to die' the commissioner said again reassuringly.
' you are right commissioner.. I know you to be a very good judge of character ..if you think he is worthy of his freedom I see no problem with that'. The governor nodded in his approval.
' well sir if you are going to give an approval you had better ..because today is his execution day ..in the next 13minutes he and 6 others will be facing a firing squad.. Sir' the commissioner replied again calmly.
' what .. Call them ..he is not to be killed oh!... Tell them to stop immediately' the governor slammed Immediately.
The commissioner had quickly dialled his phone along which came a conversion before the call again came to an end.
' sir .. It seems we didn't decide this but God did... All six other s have been killed .K-NINE was shot 6 like the others ......but he is still alive ..my men and the Rev Father have rushed him to the hospital..now I pray he survives' the commissioner replied before exiting the office.
Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 06, 2017
CHAPTER TWO

HOPE

'Doctor! ...Doctor!!...Doctor !!! ' cried the 68 year old Rev. peter as he and three other officers rushed an unconscious K-NINE into the hospital.
'Eh..take him to the mortuary attendant .its that way' Doctor Steve said as he walked closely to the men.
' mortuary!?... My son is still alive ..doctor ..he is still alive!!' Rev.peter said disappointed at the doctor's approach.
' what..he is still alive!?...' Doctor Steve said beckoning down to check up on the bullet pierced body which now lay in a pool of blood on the ground ,only to confirm what the old man said .
'...wow..eh..nurse!..nurse!!... Get this man to the emergency ward and prepare him for surgery immediately !' Doctor Steve said as he assisted the police men in taking the unconscious body up into an on coming stretcher which was quickly rolled down to the emergency unit by a group of nurses.
'God I pray K.k makes it oh..hah !' Officer garto said worriedly as they walked around in expectations.
'He will..he has to..what will my boy obinna say when he comes to the prisons and finds out that his friend has been killed eh' Officer Titus joined.
' Do not panic ,my friends ..this morning when I prayed I had a revelation from God..he showed me something.. And told me not to tell any person except Kelvin ..so I asked I said but kelvin is about to die what use is this to someone who is about to die!?...but I didn't get a reply back.. I believe my son is destined to live..he will live ..he will live' rev father peter said firmly as he held on to his rosary in prayers.
3hours had soon passed but yet the four men Had had no reply from from doctor Steve or any of the nurses who had gone into the theatre with him.
An extra two hours and passed before doctor Steve came out blood soaked .
'Doctor ! My son ! He is alive.. Please tell me he is alive!' Rev.peter said tugging the doctor gently.
' 2 bullet to the head partially damaging a part of his cerebrum ..two bullets to the heart all damaging minor vessels , two bullets to the stomach ,a loss of more 3 pints of blood ..sir I don't know who that guy is..but he is nothing more of a miracle Sir... Never in the history of medicine has any survived such..I just don't know what to say..truly there is God..because nothing else other than a miracle has happened smiled doctor Steve as he broke the good news to men who joyfully danced and praised God amidst the buzz of the hospitality.
4 months had since passed by as K-NINE recuperated thanks to cheerful donations by the men of the force he was able to pay for his bills without stress.
'Father where do I go from here ..I have no one or nothing to go back to ..where do I start.. How do I start a life again after all this time' K-NINE asked rev.peter as they stepped out of the hospital for the first time.
'Don't worry my son !.. You are not alone ...as long as I and God are here for you ..you will never be alone ...don't fear you are coming with me to my home ..I don't have Any child of my own but the day I saw you sometime in me told me you were my son... Kelvin let's go to my place..this journey of life you have started I will always be there for you .its okay eh..let's go!' Father peter said before both men walked back to the car pack.
Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 08, 2017
Hey guys new chapters will come up soon ... are you thrilled by the urban vigilante K-NINE start up
Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 08, 2017
The book itself is written in a self styled comic way

Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
K-NINE THE COMICAL NIGERIA VIGILANTE WILL BE HAVING A COMIC STYLED WRITE UP...
...NEW DETAILED CHAPTERS WILL commence SOON ..FROM MONDAY. ...

I promise you all its going to pack punch !!

K-NINE ' people say I am some hero...I no see my self as one. but if you call me an hero and you let me cut the bad guys in halves..then I think I can be more than hero '
Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2017
READY FOR THE K-NINE SAGA!?

I keep to my promises ...be prepared....

FIRE WALL 'what if I told you I have hacked CBN more rgan five times with my phone?'
Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
CHAPTER THREE

'HOME AGAIN'

Kelvin had began his recuperation into society on a very slow start which was worsened by some revealing evidence of his cerebellum Damage.
Two months after his discharge from the hospital Kelvin had Immediately noticed how slow his body reacted to pain, he had even one time shoved a kitchen knife down is hands mistakenly only to simply take it out without a flinch another worrisome fact was his accurate balancing and the fact he was able to voluntary move body muscles like twisting the wrist in an almost perfect 360° angle which shouldnt be , he had also noticed how impossible it now seemed to get drunk as his balance and his senses never seemed to be swayed by the effect of alcohol.
"well it seemed the damages to his cerebellum have altered its functions but in a good way which is unbelievable the cerebellum controls body balance and posture , The hypothalamus is a
small part of the brain located just below the thalamus ...
regulating your hunger, thirst, response to pain , levels of
pleasure, sexual satisfaction all this were altered meaning kelvin can only be hungry when he wants to , can respond to pain how ever he pleases and more I mean its medically impossible if you ask me" Doctor Egbuike had said as Rev and Kelvin looked for answers.
Though this didn't stop a determined kelvin from recovering to his best form he wouldn't be able to go back to school now after his rustication and expulsion .
The Rev. father had promised him things would eventually work out with a focused mindset kelvin was ready to forget the past and turn his life around.
Four months had seen Kelvin excelled in his rehabilitation but this again was to take a dark turn.
"Doctor what are you telling me!?" Kelvin asked as he he'd tightly the shirt of the medical personal.
"Am sorry ..we couldn't save him ..he took bullets to the chest and head there was nothing we could " Doctor Egbuike said.
" it ..can't be..my ..my..not again...why !?" Kelvin screamed as he run to the room.where the rev body laid dead.
The rev had been assassinated by some unknown cultists in the area where he tried to preach the gospel .
Kelvin got the call from doctor Egbuike who recognized the body of the familiar Rev.
Weeks had passed as much hope for justice slowly died , The police had promised much at the start but a few weeks into the case , there were stories of cover ups apparently leading to a close of the case.
a bitter and angered kelvin sat in the commissioner's office.
" am sorry he was a good man but the case cannot go any further ,part from lack of witness and information this guys are hardened cultists and criminals they had warned him not to come to that area before its sad what happened, happened." The commissioner said slowly.
"So what !?.. we are just going to let a good man die ?...without no justice!?... is this how the society pays the few Good ones" Kelvin asked angrily.
" am sorry not until a miracle happens things will spiral continually and there will be nothing any of us can do " the commissioner replied against .
" a miracle!?... hmmm. maybe we don't need a miracle after all !" Kelvin replied before leaving the office.
Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
CHAPTER 4
THE TEAM
‘Hey man..i am sorry for your loss …the rev was also like a father to me I mean I am where I am because of him’ mikael said through the skype channel that linked him with Kelvin . ‘Hmmm thanks man..hmm…how’s texas by the way heard you are almost done with your studies’ Kelvin replied . ‘ yeah I am almost done I already got some promising leads on some cool jobs I can do over here ..oh by the way how are you holding up any way ..i mean financially ,old man left any thing for you!?’mikael asked again. ‘yeah he did , his will stated I should handle all properties he own and to finance your schooling with the other charities he sponsored ‘ Kelvin said again. ‘Oh yeah bro..that should keep you running , God bless dad soul….’ Mikael an orphan and one of the many benefactor of the late Rev. peter’s good will , the young lad had gotten acquainted with Kelvin very fast after one of his visit home to see the father . ‘.. Have you heard about this guy who is currently making waves over here..dude just hit 258million views on youtube within minutes ‘ mikael asked. ‘which guy you dy talk about !?’ Kelvin asked. ‘he calls himself The Night Chaser..this guy has been making waves in the dark for long now..yesterday he was caught on camera apprehending a bad guy ..the night chaser is like reality bat man or mr gadgets’ mikael said again. ‘and the police what are they doing about this vigilante!?’ Kelvin asked with a bit of hesitation now. ‘ Well the police cant do nothing man..this dude is serving justice the America way and everyone loves that ..i mean he is a hero to the people’ Mikael said. ‘ You know you may have just given me an idea on how to do something right for once ‘ Kelvin said with a grimn. ‘What are you up to Mr…don’t tell me..’ Kelvin had cut the skype channel almost immediately. ‘..hahahah crazy fellow’ mikael said finally. Kelvin sat down for a long time as his mind pondered about the possibilities of doing something like that , first he would need help , he thought as he watched the news on the tv. ‘ the 19 year old John .L.Eze alias Firewall who is currently number 2 in cyber criminal watch list in the world,allegedly known for cyber attacks on just about any and every company in the world including the white house and pentagon for a long period of time before his eventual capture and sentencing has been released finally……’ the news reporter blared . ‘Firewall!’ Kelvin said as a dull smile floored his face slowly it had all come together now. The following weeks had seen Kelvin busy from Renting out a different house in the main island to equipping it to finding information about firewall from a few source in the streets, he had soon find a reliable source . ‘Johnie ..eh johnie is always there ..we don’t know him as firewall here just say johnie eh we know am well just go there he lives with his mother’ a passer by had pointed out to him. Kelvin had took his steps quickly before approaching the little compound after which he had exchanged greetings with his mother. ‘Eh..you say you are his friend!?..eh…lazarus never brings friends home infact you are the first person I know of that has come here to ask of him..una know for prison abi!?’ the mother asked suspiciously as she scanned the well dressed gentleman. ‘ hmm ma..lets say I am interested in his talents and yes I once knew him somewhere ma!’ Kelvin said. John had joined the discussion as the mother excused both youngster and man. ‘ I don’t know you ..why you tell my mama say I know you ..see if na police you be I no even get phone or computer way I dy touch at all so I no do anything at all and my name is john no be lazarus only my mama na fit call me lazarus so make I no hear am abeg’ Firewall said bluntly. ‘why don’t I call you firewall..isnt that your name too!? And stop lying about the fact you haven’t touched a phone or computer your eyes tell the truth already’ Kelvin said again. ‘Eh.. hmm see guy..abeg if na business you bring come..me I no do again ..i don repent..i no dy all those things again my name na john lazarus Eze ..john.L. For short so abeg I dy go inside’ the angry youngster said again. ‘..two days ago..hilton Springs Online Servers recorded a bridge in their systems ..they believed someone hacked into their systems though they coudnt confirm how or why or who but between me and you ..i go say na you ‘ Kelvin replied. ‘Me..hilton ke?..who hilton help..guy that one too simple to hack na..i think say na FBI or CBN self mthceew abeg e!’ Firewall boasted. ‘2005 you lost your father in a ghastly car accident , they blamed it on drunk driving on the path of your father the driver but the truth is that the company which your dad worked for was to blame, they had recently purchased those chasis without servicing them , your dad died due to bad engine failure not drunk driving but all this was kept away from the public because well this is Nigeria… Firewall where everyone is seeing a hacker I am seeing a free spirit that cant be held by the boundaries of technology and I am seeing someone who can help me change the world one keyboard at a time’ Kelvin said as he approached him slowly . ‘how..how..you take no..i mean..who are you !?’ firewall asked again. ‘Kelv….K-NINE you can call me K-NINE’ Kelvin said. ‘ what do you want from me..i mean watin you want make I do for you’ firewall responded . ‘ I want you to help me change the world doing what you do best!’ Kelvin said stretching his hands towards firewall who shook hands with him comfortably now.
Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 14, 2017
HEY GUYS ARE RECENTLY FINISHED K-NINE FIRST VERSE so I am good to post the full story here ..BUT CAN I RECOGNIZE MY READERS HERE!? THANKS PLEASE A COMMENT WILL DO JUST FINE
Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by jalo1(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2017
enjoying ur work bro

1 Like

Re: K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
HEY GUYS GOOD EVENING
AS TO REVIEWS AND PUBLIC OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT FOR MY WORK
UR COMMENTS ON THE STORY SO FAR WOULD BE MOST USEFUL
..I MAY HAVE TO BRING K-NINE DOWN FROM NAIRALAND IF I DONT GET GOOD PUBLIC REVIEWS
..SO GUYS LET MW KNOW IF YOY ARE READING I PROMISE TO KEEP IT UP HERE ..ITS UP TO YOU GUYS ...

(1) (Reply)

Please Writers I Need Advice About Okadabooks / Is This English Sentence Correct? / [STORY] Diary Of A Randy Tanke Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.