Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,958 members, 7,956,605 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:01 PM

How Do I Get And Keep My Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Get And Keep My Job? (272 Views)

Lost My Job And Got A Better One On Nairaland. / My Job Interview Experience Today. / Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get And Keep My Job? by VirtueDigest: 11:29am On Jun 06, 2017
Since I graduated in 2007, I have not been able to get and keep a good job. I attend interviews all the time, but never get shortlisted. I have read so many interview tips, still I never get selected. What can I do to increase my chances? [Anne, Abuja]
It’s a good thing that you have identified a problem and are seeking for a solution. Permit me to say everything begins from the mind, that is your thought process. What do you think about yourself in the context of securing a good job, adding value to others and yourself? Do you revel in your weakness and so-called inadequacies or you fan aflame your strengths and maintain a firm belief that you will land a good job pretty soon? In the interim, what are you doing to create value or solve problems in your immediate environment? Secondly, you could volunteer to work for free in an organization you like. While you maintain diligence and excellence at it, the company may just choose to employ you because of the value you have brought to them or while at an interview somewhere, the fact that you offered to voluntarily work at an organization which will be clearly stated in your CV, may be the reason why you would be employed because the interviewers will perceive you as a proactive and value-adding person.

(1) (Reply)

St.brigets X-ray Centre Limited Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / News Editor Wanted At A Media Company / It Marketing Executive Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.