Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice (1125 Views)

Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by enshi(m): 11:33am On Jun 06, 2017
It is no longer a far fetched fact that the daily living condition in our country has by great measures deteriorated to the worst ever since independence.

even during the civil war not every part of the country was in this level of pandemonium/strife/hunger/lack/penury/wailing and pressure.

the above conditions have directly led to depression especially in the minds of the average Nigerian youth. the resultant effect and aftermath of the whole are crime and jungle justice respectively.

I am necessitated to write this piece as a result of the alarming increase in jungle justice in our society and with the sole aim of letting Nigerians and Africans especially her youths know that sometimes/most times the jungle justices are jungle mistakes; and ofcourse we know how irreversible the end result is.

MY STORY

For avoidance of doubts this event happened to me 29th december 2016 in enugu state

i had traveled to my state for the festive. on this fateful day, i was hanging out with my goons at about 9pm.
i got a call from a girl i had met somedays before of whom i really wanted to have a date with but wasnt successful due to her busy nature.

her call was a breakthrough to my request cos she had suggest that i com down to her place to keep her company and then discuss what ever issue it was i have been proposing.

looking at the time and knowing fully well that i had nothing less than an hour thirty minutes to get there and discuss what ever i had in mind, it was necessary for me to be faster with my mobility.

realizing that one out of the guys i was with had a bike i quickly requested that he gave me his keys so i could rush down to somewhere and be back in no time.

my dude gave me his keys and pointed to the bike.

getting there i found out that there where three similar bikes (same colour,brand,and all) parked at same place. my discretion was simply to try the key on any one and that it should start the right one.

the first trail was all i needed cos the very first bike i tried started. with joy i took off memorizing my toast lines.

i got to the girlz place and we were having a smooth discussion until suddenly i noticed a group of guys gathering outside the gate where i had parked my bike. all with different types and sizes of weapons. the girl was starting to feel uncomfortable so i had to find out what was wrong.

getting there the guys (now a complete mob) asked who parked the bike and ofcourse with no fears i said ME.
to be sincere that was the last word i said cos that was the last word i could say for i was pounced on, hit, beaten, stabbed, etc

the whole scenario took a worse turn when the girl was asked who i was and she said she doesnt know .

at this point i was on the floor with a Tyre on my neck. fuel was taken from same bike i had ridden on the question now was who would light the spark on me. the event took enough time and at this point the owner of the bike started calling me to return.

being incapacited to pick my call, on of the mob picked for me. i guess with the hope of letting the caller know i was a thief ready to be burnt.

but my story took a miraculous turn when the caller said "enshi wey my bike nah ... i want dey go house"

it was then they started asking my caller who he was and that he should come down to where his friend was about to be burnt

he told other guys with him at the bar and in no time they were at the spot. i was already soaked in blood and could not talk.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED??

the keys to my guyz bike was a master key and could start any bike, i tried it on the wrong bike and left on it.
the owner wanted to leave and couldnt find his bike. so they set out with a search team and found it parked outside the compound where i was.

i was rushed to the hospital treated and was good. i recovered quick cos of the vindication i felt. and i forgave all except that girl.

what if my guy didnt call when he did
what if i didnt go with my phone
what if there was a lighter readily available
what if i was burnt

say no to jungle justice embrace legal/judicial/parliamentary procedures.

the court, the police the truth cant not fail at the same time.

CC: lalasticlala
seun

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by Oche211(m): 11:43am On Jun 06, 2017
Thank God for u. U re so lucky. Some people were nt lucky to give this sad tales.
Baba God has got ur back.
#SayNoToJungleJustice.
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by etzskillz(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2017
29 December 2017 kwa,how come
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by omogidi234(m): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2017
Big congratulations oh!

Next time time if you are taking something that is not yours and you found another similar, please call the owner to help.

Same thing happened somewhere in Omole, Lagos some years​ ago.

Someone told his friend to help pick something from his Toyota Highlander, the friend got downstairs and saw two Toyota Highlander cars, same model, slightly different colour, parked beside each other, the guy just guessed and opened one ( I was amazed that the key can open another), alas, he opened the wrong one and owner shouted thief. If not for explanation and that the other guy came down, maybe the guy would have been mobbed.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by enshi(m): 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
Oche211:
Thank God for u. U re so lucky. Some people were nt lucky to give this sad tales.
Baba God has got ur back.
#SayNoToJungleJustice.

Thanks man... I was really Lucky
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by enshi(m): 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
omogidi234:
Big congratulations oh!

Next time time if you are taking something that is not yours and you found another similar, please call the owner to help.

Same thing happened somewhere in Omole, Lagos some years​ ago.

Someone told his friend to help pick something from his Toyota Highlander, the friend got downstairs and saw two Toyota Highlander cars, same model, slightly different colour, parked beside each other, the guy just guessed and opened one ( I was amazed that the key can open another), alas, he opened the wrong one and owner shouted thief. If not for explanation and that the other guy came down, maybe the guy would have been mobbed.

This things happen so fast and so coincidentally
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by enshi(m): 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
etzskillz:
29 December 2017 kwa,how come

2016... That was
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by enshi(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

Pls help educate Nigerians... Jungle justice aint the answer to real long lasting justice but a short cut
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by stefanweeks: 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
Na wa o

Sounds surreal

but there are lessons to be learnt from this
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by iHateFlatinos: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
lucky Igbo #saynotojunglejustice
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by aycorporat(m): 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
While reading this, I was shivering. It's just that the people no longer trust the Nigerian Police to do a thorough job again. It's just like the case of a city in a season film I watched one time "Gotham" whereby criminals escaped the justice system. Thank God for your life
However, it seems the east are quick to pass sentence on suspects, could it be due to bad past experiences?
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by welzyj2(m): 3:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
lemme book down
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by enshi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
aycorporat:
While reading this, I was shivering. It's just that the people no longer trust the Nigerian Police to do a thorough job again. It's just like the case of a city in a season film I watched one time "Gotham" whereby criminals escaped the justice system. Thank God for your life
However, it seems the east are quick to pass sentence on suspects, could it be due to bad past experiences?

Yeah the police is the grass root approach
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by enshi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
stefanweeks:
Na wa o

Sounds surreal

but there are lessons to be learnt from this

This is no fiction bro
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by Nightie(f): 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hmmm. U're really lucky. I thank God for ur life.
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by Nina4u(f): 8:03am On Jun 08, 2017
Jungle justice.. Jungle country no empathy for human life.. So sad.. I'm glad ur alive.. I still got Ugonna and Lloyd on my twitter and fbook.. Aalu4 it still pains me that they got murdered.. I always pray for there peace.. Really I hope there spirits will hunt the killers for the rest of their lives.. How can u contribute to have someone murdered and wake up and live with your self and look yourself in the mirror? Then go to church on Sunday.. God no dey go lissen to your prayers sha..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by babablogger: 8:12am On Jun 08, 2017
I still don't see how people feel comfortable after brutally killing someone

And same set of people will go to church on Sunday praising God

Lots of innocent people have lost their lives all in the name of jungle justice
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by enshi(m): 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nightie:
Hmmm. U're really lucky. I thank God for ur life.

Yeah... I was
Re: My Near Death Experience @ Jungle Justice by pythonkid(m): 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
Africans.. are enslaved by thier mentality

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Fight Over Biafra In India,one Killed,car Burnt / Man Dies After Drinking Sniper in a Chinese restaurant in Surulere,Lagos / Onitsha Boils As Notorious Ikanda Boys Kill Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.