Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Is It Right To Pay For Confirmation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Pay For Confirmation? (578 Views)

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / Is It Right To Pay For Confirmation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Pay For Confirmation? by slap1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2010
I'm an Anglican and I often have problems with my father because I refused to be confirmed as an Anglican in the church. My reason for refusing is that the pastor said I should bring 20 litres of kerosine (N120 at that time), a crate of egg, some cups of egusi, etc. The second time (in a different Anglican church) I attended the classes till few weeks b/4 the confirmation day when the pastor said we should bring N5,000, over one hundred of us. I withdrew, not because the money was absent but because my mind did not welcome such act. Some of passed through exams and failed, but the pastor told them that the money will get them confirmed, even if they have not attended the class for once. I was shocked. I vowed not to do that in my life. My dad thinks I'm crazy. Now, is this confirmation worth anything if it can just be bought like that?
Re: Is It Right To Pay For Confirmation? by Ganjaseed: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2010
Absolutly wrong, it does not make any scenes at all. Only God can confirm you if there is anything like in the first place.
Re: Is It Right To Pay For Confirmation? by Enigma(m): 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2010
You should inform your dad and either he or you should report the priests concerned to their bishop(s)!

That is not how it is supposed to be at all and they are behaving like thieves.
Re: Is It Right To Pay For Confirmation? by Spanishfly(f): 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2010
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, No, No,No, you do not pay for confirmation.

(1) (Reply)

Wht Kind Of Human <see Video / A Happy Muslim Home / What Did Bible Says About Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.