Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss (21856 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Signs You’re About To Get Fired & What To Do About It / 5 Signs You’re Underpaid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by Iamzik: 6:03am On Jun 07, 2017
Threebear:
I've showered naked with my boss at the gym bathroom, does that mean we are too close?

No! You are very far apart. Kwantiniu you hear?
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by free2ryhme: 6:25am On Jun 07, 2017
pmc01:
Is this for a man or a woman or both?

Even if you read or no read the post to ask this kind question you need deliverance

Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by HardTruths(m): 6:32am On Jun 07, 2017
SmartyPants:
What exactly is wrong with being close to ones boss??

The top performers are always close to the boss

Nothing is wrong for now... If he has a boss who doesn't like him, you're fried men!!! And that is from personal experience.
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by SmartyPants(m): 6:39am On Jun 07, 2017
HardTruths:

Nothing is wrong for now... If he has a boss who doesn't like him, you're fried men!!! And that is from personal experience.

Depends. Mature bosses are work oriented not feelings oriented.
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by SmartyPants(m): 6:42am On Jun 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

Even if you read or no read the post to ask this kind question you need deliverance

Though I got the general sense of the post if you go through it well you can see it has a slight slant towards ladies for obvious reasons. ladies are the ones who tend to have such inordinately close relationships with bosses. For guys its really rare for a male boss and his male staff to be so close that it becomes a problem. In fact in my experience the closer a male staff is to the boss, the more productive he is...with the exception of those who were close before entering the job
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by tk4rd: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked

This one is not meant for entrepreneurs

we are our own boss
It is meant for the people working for you. They are humans too, and they might be reading this.
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by free2ryhme: 6:47am On Jun 07, 2017
SmartyPants:

Though I got the general sense of the post if you go through it well you can see it has a slight slant towards ladies for obvious reasons. ladies are the ones who tend to have such inordinately close relationships with bosses. For guys its really rare for a male boss and his male staff to be so close that it becomes a problem. In fact in my experience the closer a male staff is to the boss, the more productive he is...with the exception of those who were close before entering the job

Have you heard of homo and lesbian relations of boss and subordinate of same sex ?
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by pmc01(m): 6:55am On Jun 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

Thanks for the CANDID advice.
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by pmc01(m): 6:57am On Jun 07, 2017
SmartyPants:

Thank you for putting my question in proper perspective.
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 07, 2017
What's wrong with being close to your boss?......b cos I think you must earn your boss trust and confidence to be close to him. I and my boss are almost everything you counted apart from sharing bed with him because I earned his trust. I was initially employed as his technical assistant but work more as his PA now. There's no info I don't have about him in fact all other staff report to him through me When he's not around. I know all his atm pin and have access to all his landed properties documents. It wasn't like that when I was employed but with time I earned his trust and I don't hope of betraying him
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by SmartyPants(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2017
pmc01:

Thank you for putting my question in proper perspective.

sure thing bro
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by SmartyPants(m): 11:19am On Jun 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

Have you heard of homo and lesbian relations of boss and subordinate of same sex ?

Look mate, i said its "rare"! Means it can happen but it does not happen frequently.
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by free2ryhme: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2017
SmartyPants:

Look mate, i said its "rare"! Means it can happen but it does not happen frequently.

it is not rare

you dont know or rarely heard not about it does not mean it is rear

Eg: Arik Air
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by SmartyPants(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

it is not rare

you dont know or rarely heard not about it does not mean it is rear

Eg: Arik Air

Are you struggling with understanding the meaning of rare?

Rare is a relative term: It does not matter how frequently a variable occurs, as long as the variable to which you are comparing it occurs far more frequently, then such a variable is rare.

Now compare the frequency of heterosexual, inappropriate workplace relationships with the frequency of homosexual, inappropriate workplace relationships. Do they occur at the same rate?
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by free2ryhme: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2017
SmartyPants:

Are you struggling with understanding the meaning of rare?

Rare is a relative term: It does not matter how frequently a variable occurs, as long as the variable to which you are comparing it occurs far more frequently, then such a variable is rare.

Now compare the frequency of heterosexual, inappropriate workplace relationships with the frequency of homosexual, inappropriate workplace relationships. Do they occur at the same rate?

it is not rare you just dont know about it
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by SmartyPants(m): 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
free2ryhme:

it is not rare you just dont know about it

And you know about it?
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by free2ryhme: 12:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
SmartyPants:

And you know about it?

I just gave you one case study
Re: Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss by sfinkzslot(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
metroparrot:
By Nkem Ndem

This is because ass-kissing and butt-licking are key tenets of the corporate world

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.bellanaija.com/2017/06/boss-pet-9-signs-youre-close-boss/amp/

not a fun of long reads but I have made my own contribution in form of a correction

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders advice helped a physically challenged Entrepreneur. Now I’m married / Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.