Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

"We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege (37280 Views)

Oshiomhole & Wike Meet At Senator Omo-Agege's Thanksgiving In Delta State / Senator Omo-Agege Reacts To Snatching Mace Of National Assembly / Suspended Senator Omo-Agege Thug Runs With The Mace Of Senate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by gare(f): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
stephanie11:
Delta central senator, Ovie Omo-Agege has emphatically stated that Urhobo people are not part of Biafra. Omo-Agege in a statement released on Wednesday stated that the Urhobo nation is part of Nigeria and not interested in seceding or being part of Biafra.

The statement read;

With the deluge of concerns being raised by my people, it has become necessary to state with absolute clarity as the Senator for the Urhobo Nation in the 8th Senate of our Federal Republic of Nigeria that the Urhobo Nation has never been, is not and does not wish to be part of Biafra.

Whereas Article 1 (2) of the United Nations Charter recognises the “principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples”, this, obviously, does not grant any group the right to arbitrarily usurp the self-determination right of others. MASSOB, IPOB or whatever ethnic-leaning group may have the right to agitate for self-determination for the people they represent.

But that right would be encroaching and trampling severely and irresponsibly on the rights of other ethnic groups if, without consultations or any consensus whatsoever, they (MASSOB, IPOB or whatever ethnic-leaning group) decide to forcefully include others in their self-determination agenda. The Urhobo Nation totally rejects such unforgivable disrespect that touches on our very existence. Indeed, the unilateral inclusion of the Urhobo Nation in the flag or map of Biafra is an abhorrent, and condemnable threat to our people. It is an unacceptable attempt to suppress our own right to self-determination. We will never tolerate it and it must stop forthwith. We are cautioning against this trend of arbitrariness and disregard for the rights of others because we know that such a ‘conquest mentality’ has never promoted sustainable peace in human history.

The Urhobo Nation believes in the unity of the Nigeria Federation. Our preference, as a major strategic partner in our Federation, is to work hard to correct its imperfections, not to break it up into bits and pieces. I will continue to work with my great and highly respected colleagues of Ndigbo extraction and other parts of our country in the National Assembly to perfect our Union, not break it. In all, this is our simple and firm position: We are Urhobos and Nigerians, not Biafrans.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/06/07/urhobos-nigerians-not-biafrans-senator-omo-agege/

I was with some Ibo friends of mine, when this issue of Biafra came up we noticed that it is the never do well that are clamouring for this Biafra, you guys should not go and hussle and be comfortable even if the Biafra is given to you today you still will not do well I then wonder what you will be asking for then maybe federal republic of ABA, we are never part of you guys and will never be.

Our senator has just told you, if you like insult him, it will not change the facts, who guys should go and do something meaningful with your future rather than claiming others tribes as one of you

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Authentic1010(m): 11:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
inkzpatty:
agege bread does nt hv enof butter to mak it rich.ander tin i knw is agege bread is popular bt is nt best bread. Omo agege is a senator voted by his pple bt wr they wil belong either side .A or B.is nt Omo agege own tok.

Why is Omoagege voted by his ppl,is it not to represent them?
Problem with you Igbos is your lack of education. Buying and selling has eaten up your brains. More education would really help the entire Igbo TRIBE.

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Rexnegro(m): 11:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
bro4u:
clearly this cow isnt speaking for the Urhobo race, even if he is when war breaks out now y'all will fight with your limited manpower against the Northerners?, better join the winning side you morons
na by force again bro? You ipobians want to go abi ehen make they una dey go na why looking for attachee? are You guys afraid that biafra will be a land locked Country without ss? hahahahahahah lwkmdh

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Longeaton: 5:58am On Jun 08, 2017
Honestly, there will be no Biafra without SS oil. SE agitation is as a result of greed. You want the oil only to yourselves. FORCEFUL LAND GRABBERS.

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2017
I've been so busy that I didn't see this thread on time.

The senator has spoken the mind of all Urhobos, honestly!

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 11:55am On Jun 08, 2017
TheRealestGuy:
So between him and Asari Dokubo who do we believe?

Nigeria is a name that was coined by Mrs Lugard so my distinguished senator, you're urhobo first before Nigerian.

Nigeria is a scam that will surely disintegrate, it's a matter of time...

Besides there's the map of the Bight of Biafra, it's obvious that the south south states were in that map...

Everyone for himself though, Biafra will definitely flourish even without oil...although imo state and anambra have proven oil and gas reserves...

The bight of Biafra and Biafra as a proposed nation are very different.

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2017
emi14:
I am not surprised that you are sitting on the fence. Your names speaks it all. You're representing Urhobo but you're son of Agege "omo-agege" . You're not even Urhobo. Nonsense
That name is a pure Urhobo name. Omo means son in Yoruba, Bini and Urhobo.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
fratermathy:

The bight of Biafra and Biafra as a proposed nation are very different.

Okay. But I know the name Biafra was derived from that bight of Biafra.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Where is Fratermathy sef? Where is Amberon? Where is Sanchez?

Abeg make u na show o!

I'm so angry that I missed this thread when it was still hot. I was busy before. Thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
calibet:
What does this one knows about been an urhobo or biafra

I guess you represent the Urhobo interest more than the Urhobo senator!

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
hucienda:

This is the most important section in the senator's address. The rest is normal talk to be expected by a member of the establishment.

It seems you misinterpreted the good senator. He's implying that Igbos or iPob have their right to self-determination but they should not deny other ethnicities that right by adding them forcefully to their own causes.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
Cubeet:
His he speaking for every urhobo or for his own household.

He speaks for all of us!
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
limgezzy:
See if you can see where urhobo are included in Biafra map

I'm sure you don't even know where Urhobo is located in Nigeria's map because if you did, you won't be asking what you just did.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
Edu3Again:

Many groups are declaring Biafra n
Even benue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frwYV4hjJn8

I'm still waiting for the declaration by Urhobos.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
joe120120:
A whole senator eat both abuja and delta state money with thief okowa that keep delta state empty is talking .
well when referendum come every body making noise have one vote
senator what have done to prevent fulani peoples from killing your brothers ?

And you'd be the one to take arms and FORCE a referendum on Urhobo people abi? Did we ask for a referendum?

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

What do you mean by the nonsense above? You mean ww should abandon Igboland such as Asaba, Ibusa, Okpanam, Ubulu - Uku, Isele -Uku, Umu- Nede amongst others because the happen to be in Delta state? Or we shoulf forget Umu-Ezeokaha people because they were put in Benue? Or yoy forget Egbema, Asa,Etche just because they were put in River. States are just the undemocratic creations of military rulers, nothing more.

It is not surprising that a Senator does not support Biafra, it is expected.

We really don't care about your "Umus"! You can take all of them. Just delineate your map and restrict it to Igboland.

The senator has said what all Urhobos have been echoing on this forum.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ikenna0b and Eazybay, I guess you have seen this!

The voice of Urhobo has made this clear.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ogegod87:
urhobo wayo!!! who una help??

Na who una help too?
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
bwise4godfwc:
It is also Shameful and Pathetic as Nigeria refused to allow Biafra to go...
90% of both Rivers and Delta's support Biafra..

Chairman! Chairman! Chairman! 90%?

How many Igbos are in Delta State sef? Less than 30% of the population! So how 90% of Delta take con support Biafra? Abi you think say Urhobo/Ijaw/Itsekiri de reason Biafra?

I laugh in Bini...

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by emi14: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
fratermathy:

That name is a pure Urhobo name. Omo means son in Yoruba, Bini and Urhobo.
I know that omo means son in Yoruba. Agege is a town in Lagos. Actually my comment is kinda comedy ok, Have a nice day .
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by fratermathy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

Okay. But I know the name Biafra was derived from that bight of Biafra.

Urhobo is within bight of Benin, not Biafra.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Jerrypolo(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
I am a Biafran by self determination, an Urhobo by tribe and a Nigerian by geographical expression. What I have noticed over time and find abysmally dismaying is the fact that majority of our pro Biafran brothers and sisters are nuisance who attack any tribe/religion/group or body who claim not to be associated with our struggles. I make bold to say these sets are a myopic few who do not really understand what the word STRUGGLE means. They might be much here but trust me they are irritatingly few generally.

Your ability to argue constructively, woo your opponent and make them see the point in your discourse makes you a matured mind. You cannot pull everyone down, shout and curse at every other tribe to build a strong argument. If you so do, you are mentally weak and deserve everything you are getting.
Let the average Biafran be subtle in approach, mild and reassuring in responses, diligent in discussions and receptive and cucumber calm even in the face of unprovoked attacks. We have to change our strategy so as to make friends, build bridges and establish relationships.
Truth is whether Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Efik, Ijaw, Itsekiris or Ibibio, the East needs its Southern brothers to survive. We have tried it before without them and failed. Only a fool does the same thing over and over and expect a different result. I use the word "WE" cos I see us as people with a common resolve. If "WE" continue calling out our tribal differences, then I think "WE" are not better than Nigeria.

Let's us all work to make BIAFRA a reality. A sweet, not bitter reality.

God bless my dear BIAFRA.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by kingzizzy: 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nne5:

Some of the people from those places especially Ibuza,isele uku,ogwashi ukwu and etche say they aren't Igbo.

Now I know this because I have them as friends and colleagues. Especially the ones I listed out.And especially etche.

So the idea of sharing a new country with them is Sooo not nice.

I have been to Ibusa, Isele Uku and Ogwshi Uku, they are all proud Igbos. Ibusa or 'Igbo bi na Uzo' is a community founded by Nteje people in present day Ansmbra same as Asaba. The king of Ogwashi Uku , Igwe Okonjo, is a proud Igbo man. The friends you have must be people who settled in those place and were not originally indigenous to the place.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by kingzizzy: 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
fratermathy:

We really don't care about your "Umus"! You can take all of them. Just delineate your map and restrict it to Igboland.

The senator has said what all Urhobos have been echoing on this forum.

As much as you have a right to say Urohbos are not part of Biafra, it is not your place to tell IPOB to restrict their map to Igbo land. Speak for your community only while others speak for themselves.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by kingzizzy: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ikology:

South east Igbos must not champion it!!!!! Let Igbos from the areas you mentioned champion their inclusion in whatever you are pursuing. Constantly pushing for means you have a hidden agenda.

There is nothing like South east Igbos, Igbo is Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Reaction To Nigeria-Cameroon Match / Kano 2 Million Solidarity Walk For Tinubu Committee List / How DSS, Ribadu Asked Senate Not To Confirm El-Rufai, Danladi, Okotete - SR

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.