Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? (21237 Views)

Be Self Dependent Financially. / Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos / Exam Malpractice: Central University Student Ghana Wrote Answer On Bald Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by daimond444: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2017
For more winning
Facebook ID Ferdinand Tios

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by joinnow: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nothing
But some students were into
Photographing
Photocoping and computer printing
Laundry
Helping and earning through jambite registration etc
Help during projects
Snackbar
Sawama joint 5pm-9pm
Beer parlour joint
Keke/okada
Fitness training 6-7am daily
Selling recharge card/vtu
Ladies selling bra,panties,etc even indomie
Ladies plating hair
Things for sell
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by chiraqDemon(m): 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

I was snatching phones...

Then sell them at Pago 3 or Pace hostels

I was also psyching jambites to join cultism.... Collect initiation form money from them and use it to pay my school fees
Lol. Buccaneers​ registration form. Closing date 5th march 2017. Price 10k and 5 bottles of Chelsea grin
Hurry and be blended
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Engineermbugame(m): 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
not yet in school sha ,still watin for screening form.i know i will survive by my skills ,plumber and barbing

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by MrOdyssey(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
I cultivated a land given to me and my friend by the school... am yet to harvest maize. 200lv student.. in Agric faculty.

Wow. Nice idea. i have a parcel of land alloted to me by my parents. they land has since laid bare for quit a long time now as i didn't have an idea wat to do wit it. i'm a 200L student too anyway.

i will like to know if you don't mind :
1.After you harvest how exactly do u plan to make money out of the harvested maize?.. sell them i suppose.
Do you have a customer target?
2.whats your plan for the farmland after these planting season?

i wouldn't want to rush into cultivating the farmland and then abandon it after these planting season.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Sammypedro18(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
I write exams for people and also help out in assignments n minor projects
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by LieDetector(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
beardlessdude:
but you know how to write articles? from what you wrote up there, your writing is impressive. That is also a skill that can bring money on fiverr.
sure I can write articles. However I don't feel too convinced with my writing skill. I feel I need a wee bit of improvement before I can say "I've arrived". I'll nurse that skill nonetheless. Thanks so much bro.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Revolva(m): 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
I sold weed ....dealer shit parcel OK
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Slimmos(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
Video coverage, Photography, hostel real estate (buying and selling of bed spaces) and other side hustles. I never lacked money when I was an undergraduate.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by mbhs139(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
LieDetector:
I've browsed through nairaland searching for information that would give me a hint as per the things I can do to be financially independent and control my life. I'll be finishing school this year from the faculty of education albeit still young. I would love to get myself a degree in a professional course like pharmacy. I don't intend to be sponsored by my parents but myself this time. I'm just clueless as to what I can do to achieve that feat. If I should decide to work with my degree in education, the options would be limited to teaching which isn't what I want at this time.

Your kind contributions would be greatly appreciated.

To the pharmacy students and licenced pharmacists out there, I understand how time is of immense importance to having a good pharmacy degree, however, I'd be needing your opinion as it relates to time management in my case. Do you think it's a feat I can pull? Thanks

Mods, you may be helping some other person out there get an education.

I studied Maths/Statistics at Yaba Tech before gaining admission into Unilag to still study Maths/Statistics. So, I was doing research analysis for fellow students and being paid for it. That was how I survived through school and also sending money home every week.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by omogerohprecious(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
what school gives it's students land?
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by LieDetector(m): 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
mbhs139:

I studied Maths/Statistics at Yaba Tech before gaining admission into Unilag to still study Maths/Statistics. So, I was doing research analysis for fellow students and being paid for it. That was how I survived through school and also sending money home every week.
large number of people that commented seem to be into research analysis. Can you drill me on what this research analysis entails?
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Kamamchukwu(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
I cultivated a land given to me and my friend by the school... am yet to harvest maize. 200lv student.. in Agric faculty.
pls wich Skul Is That
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by fayded(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

I was snatching phones...

Then sell them at Pago 3 or Pace hostels

I was also psyching jambites to join cultism.... Collect initiation form money from them and use it to pay my school fees

so u dey absu,??..I'll report u to those soldiers
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
Kamamchukwu:
pls wich Skul Is That
delta state university Asaba campus
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
MrOdyssey:

Wow. Nice idea. i have a parcel of land alloted to me by my parents. they land has since laid bare for quit a long time now as i didn't have an idea wat to do wit it. i'm a 200L student too anyway.

i will like to know if you don't mind :
1.After you harvest how exactly do u plan to make money out of the harvested maize?.. sell them i suppose.
Do you have a customer target?
2.whats your plan for the farmland after these planting season?

i wouldn't want to rush into cultivating the farmland and then abandon it after these planting season.
its very easy to market them. u can take them to market or sell it to those roasting corn by the road side. I have checked one market close to my school and demand for corn there is high same with d price.
well I plan to cultivate it next session becos we are rounding up our second semester exam 23rd of these month and we are vacating the school hostel after exam, by God grace I will cultivate d farm by September when we resume and am going to plant cassava because its easy to maintain and it's not going to affect my studies. I would av love to plant pumpkin but it requires intensive care of which I don't av d time for.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Makapounse(m): 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
Those wey dey do Olosho and Runs girl will never tell the truth now

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by ugonna1054(m): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
kennybabs1980:
Home coaching for primary and secondary school students
i need something like this too...can u hook me up? Im in Lagos, yaba area
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
LieDetector:
I've browsed through nairaland searching for information that would give me a hint as per the things I can do to be financially independent and control my life. I'll be finishing school this year from the faculty of education albeit still young. I would love to get myself a degree in a professional course like pharmacy. I don't intend to be sponsored by my parents but myself this time. I'm just clueless as to what I can do to achieve that feat. If I should decide to work with my degree in education, the options would be limited to teaching which isn't what I want at this time.

Your kind contributions would be greatly appreciated.

To the pharmacy students and licenced pharmacists out there, I understand how time is of immense importance to having a good pharmacy degree, however, I'd be needing your opinion as it relates to time management in my case. Do you think it's a feat I can pull? Thanks

Mods, you may be helping some other person out there get an education.
pharmacy no be beans. hit me up 08131280558
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by dauddy97(m): 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
Junny04:
Am still a student. I freelance to make money for myself
pls,how can i also start freelancing
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by dauddy97(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
adeoba2008:
Doing assignment and projects for others. I wish I had known about blogging then.
pls,help a brother.how do i start blogging and earn frm it.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by dauddy97(m): 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
beardlessdude:
I admire students with zeal to work LEGITMATELY and sustain themselves.
bro. Ever heard of fiverr? It pays.
pls,how do i go about fiver buss...i wish to also start
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
amiibaby:
www.fiverr.com is the answer for u
Fiverr ain't for survey and reviewing apps now
Its for providing services like graphics designing etc
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by dauddy97(m): 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
calibet:
I offered computer related services. Then i also taught people how to make money from blogging
pls,iw do i start blogging and earn from it.pls help
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
dauddy97:
pls,how do i go about fiver buss...i wish to also start
follow d thread religiously https://www.nairaland.com/2390751/how-make-up-500k-every
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by brainreset: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
I did research, assignments, etc
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by djdoxxx(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
amiibaby:
Top ways to make money online and offline
No-risk matched betting. Hands down the quickest way to make a lot of money (well, without breaking the law). ...
1 Online surveys. ...
2 Paid for searching the web. ...
3 Online market trading. ...
4 Start your own website. ...
5. Review websites & apps for cash. ...
6 The 'Disney Vault' secret. ...
'Get Paid To' sites.

Good luck

Are you or were you into sport betting?
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by amiibaby(f): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
djdoxxx:

Are you or were you into sport betting?
nope
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by dauddy97(m): 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
beardlessdude:
follow d thread religiously https://www.nairaland.com/2390751/how-make-up-500k-every
thanks bro,when i find any difficult aspect to comprehend,i will mention u sir.
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
dauddy97:
thanks bro,when i find any difficult aspect to comprehend,i will mention u sir.
cool
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by LieDetector(m): 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
banjo022:
pharmacy no be beans. hit me up 08131280558
not on whatsapp for now bro
Re: What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? by AK481(m): 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
I got total/elf scholarship in my first year.
Interestingly my papa didn't know how much my school fees or accommodation was till i graduated.

Thank you total/elf and nnpc jv.

Cool 150k yearly for 4 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Children's Day In Nigeria: What Does It Mean To The Children ? / FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU / Important Ways To Simplify How You Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.