Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Available Balance Versus Total Balance?! Nigerian Bankers Please Answer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Available Balance Versus Total Balance?! Nigerian Bankers Please Answer (5588 Views)

CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands / Economy: Nigerian Bankers And The Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Available Balance Versus Total Balance?! Nigerian Bankers Please Answer by DaV8King(m): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello House!

This question is directed specifically to bankers with Diamond Bank experience, as they are the ones I have this issue with.
All are however welcome to contribute

Why is it that this bank in particular has 2 different balances on 1 account?
With the available being a LOT lower than the total balance, on a normal savings account?!

1 Like

Re: Available Balance Versus Total Balance?! Nigerian Bankers Please Answer by Olayinka777(m): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
My brother I am also confused o! I recently opened a cooperate account with them.
When I saw it too I was totally lost.
Re: Available Balance Versus Total Balance?! Nigerian Bankers Please Answer by aioluwa: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
You can access available balance anytime. However, total or the difference between total and available balance can only be received if the account is closed
Re: Available Balance Versus Total Balance?! Nigerian Bankers Please Answer by Olayinka777(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
OK thanks
Re: Available Balance Versus Total Balance?! Nigerian Bankers Please Answer by DaV8King(m): 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
aioluwa:
You can access available balance anytime. However, total or the difference between total and available balance can only be received if the account is closed

I see. Thank you so much
Re: Available Balance Versus Total Balance?! Nigerian Bankers Please Answer by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
Total balance is the whole amount of money present in the account.
Available balance is the amount of money that can be withdrawn from the account.

Total balance - Available balance = the minimum amount that must remain in the account.

For example, if the minimum balance that must be left in an account is #1,000 and you have a total of #2500 in the account, the amount you can withdraw (available balance) is #1500 (#2500 - #1000).

Remember some accounts, especially savings accounts can't be left empty. You must left something behind, which is the minimum balance.

Compared to current account, you can withdraw everything with #0.00 as balance but not with a saving account.

It varies from bank to bank. Some banks allow #0.00 balance in a savings account while some don't.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

$5,000 Worth Of Itunes Gift Cards � � Needed / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / PZ Cussons Nigeria Beats The Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.