Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! (5585 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Nairaland Is Far Far Richer Than Linda Ikeji's Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello, guys.. After i read the topic on frontpage which says
"Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland"
i couldn't help myself but laugh it off...
Well, ya all should know the only person who could tag that topic to frontpage is Seun himself the Founder and Ceo of Nairaland.

I should have used my first NL account to post this but it is currently under ban.
My real account is tag with the username: "codedrock".
I got to know nairaland back then in 2010 and became a full member in 2011 and the i was like 15 but i have been an internet addict ever since that age.
Also got to know Linda ikeji's blog in 2011 and ever since then i have been visiting both cos they both are interesting.
But it is not hard to tell which is the most interesting outta the two.

Ever since i was a nairalander i have been wanting to know more about nairaland and its founder Seun Osewa.
I learnt a lot about him and nairaland after i dug a lot......

Speaking of; who earns most.

Clearly Nairaland's traffic is way too much than Linda ikeji's, last time i checked nairaland was ranked 905 and Linda ikeji was ranked 2000+ i guess you see the difference??

And if you are an internet entrepreneur you should know Google adsense is what pays most if you own a blog or a website.
And nairaland has been working with Google adsense since like the year it was founded which means seun has been making money ever since 2005 while Linda said he started getting money from adsense in 2010/2011 and her traffic has never been as much as nairaland.

Nairaland has been making money on Google adsense ever since 2005 and both on its Mobile and Desktop view 'cos i do remember back then seeing Google ads on nairaland's mobile view which makes nairaland earned millions of naira per month from Google adsense until nairaland stopped working for Google adsense in 2012. But still imagine the millions Nairaland and seun has made on Google adsense before quitting.
And started running its own ads just like all matured websites in the world like Facebook,Yahoo and others.

Now back to Linda ikeji.
Linda ikeji started making real money from Google adsense in 2010/2011 and just so you know, she started blogging in 2007, and she said herself that she used to beg people to place adverts on her blog. Even said that after she has gotten real traffic around 2009/2010 that most of the ads on her blog were placed for free but sometimes she collects gifts from the organizations placing the ads..

And after she started working for Google adsense in 2010/2011 she only shows her ads only on the desktop view.
Which means she only earns on the desktop view only while Seun earns both on Mobile and Desktop view.

So guys compare the money...

Also speaking of Rich and matured people visiting The two sites.

It should be clear to anyone that more matured minds visit Nairaland than Linda ikeji.

Linda ikeji is for young guys and girls students and more.. The blog is only for gossips, entertainment, and others..
Which interests just we the young ones..
Are you telling me people like Dangote,Adenuga and others will visit one site just to read about gossips and gists about Celebrities?
Well, rich people wouldn't have time for that.

But nairaland has all what these politicians and business men wants.
Many business men advertises their products here on nairaland though some may not be members but trust me they visit and check to see what nigerians think about them.By now i dont think there is any Active internet user in Nigeria who doesn't know Nairaland.
Go to sections like POLITICS/BUSINESS/RELIGION/FAMILY and you would know there are lotta matured and rich people here on Nairaland.

ON THE CONTENTS POSTED ON NAIRALAND/LINDA IKEJI.

We all know the two aren't something we should compare their contents together.. Linda Ikeji's Blog is just for Linda Ikeji. While Nairaland is for Seun and Nigerians as a whole.
To speak the truth, even though Seun and his mods thinks i am an enemy of Nairaland cos i disobey the rules a lot i know benefits i have gained here financially,morally,"funnly" and more............................
So here its a forum anyone can post what he/she wants and it may get to the frontpage.

While Linda ikeji only posts what she wants.

Nairaland is now a true Face of Nigeria and Nigerians online.

SPEAKING OF PERSONALITY
Even though me really dont like the way Seun hides all the time i think we all have our choices to make.
Seun is a follower of mine here on Nairaland and also on my Buddy list on Yahoo Messenger And GTALK.
And i always bug him.
I disturb him a lot just cos i wanna know more about him but he doesn't want to be known about. Despite that, i still think i know much enough about him, he sure knows i know.

Speaking of the look of the both sites, Nairaland sure looks hell a lot cooler than Linda ikeji. Linda ikeji has spoilt her blog's interface with ads which makes the blog too hard to load and the ads there only shows on the pc view.
CONTINUE READING BELOW

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Richhommie(m): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tell them.
NL is 4 more matured minds
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
CONTINUATION

Like i said up there, ads been placed on Linda ikeji's Blog can only be shown on the Pc view the ads cannot be shown on Mobile view and its clear to everyone that mobile users are much more than the pc users generally in Nigeria today.
Most of her visitors uses mobile to check the blog.
So advertising on Linda ikeji's blog only shows your advert when you use pc.

But here on Nairaland your advert appears clean and nice on Pc and on mobile not to talk of nairaland's traffic is still much more than Linda ikeji's.

So if you thinking advertising on Linda ikeji's blog pays than advertising on Nairaland then you totally are an ignorant.

Speaking of what they both earn now.............................

This i really dont know much wella.

Linda ikeji still works for Google adsense which means she still makes her millions per month from Google adsense while seun osewa has stopped working for Google adsense since 2012 he only makes money from direct adverts placed by Nigerians and Nigerian organizations. Which as i calculated he still makes millions per month from those ads..

So now i really can't tell who makes much presently but it would be better if they both declare what they make per month to the public.

But if their money worth should be calculated and considered? Nairaland is hell more richer than Linda Ikeji.
And also you should know i learnt back then in 2010 or 2011 Seun osewa was approached by a company who wants to buy nairaland for 1million dollars which is over 160million naira but seun rejected the bid.
Guys.. With my findings and calculations Nairaland is worth hundreds of millions of naira..!

I AM A FAN OF SEUN OSEWA AND ALSO A FAN OF LINDA IKEJI COS THEY BOTH ARE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE AND I ADMIRE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE A LOT. JUST SO YOU KNOW, I AM A TYPE WHO LIKES MAKING THINGS CLEAR TO PEOPLE.

I visit both sites more than ten times daily...
So dont think i hate Linda ikeji, cos i dont!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Clone2020(m): 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Does anyone ever click on ads?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
You can say it again:

Nairaland has history and it's much more of a revenue than LIJ's blog. But That's None Of My Business.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by pweedyuz(f): 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
im sure d op just wanna make fp....
u culd av said wateva u wanna say on dat thread

*nl members creating counter thread since d rise nd fall of zebrudaya*
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by ITbomb(m): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Has anyone pre-ordered a bullet proof BMW on LIB before, have anyone sold 2 million bbls of crude oil on LIB?
Has anyone auction an oil block on LIB before
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Too different to be compared. Pls...
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
pweedyuz: im sure d op just wanna make fp....
u culd av said wateva u wanna say on dat thread

*nl members creating counter thread since d rise nd fall of zebrudaya*

And what would be my gain making FP?
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 5:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
JuniorXpert: Too different to be compared. Pls...

we are only comparing their worths here bro.............................
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
nairaland is popular nah
there was even a time a politician on the 'brink' was here
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Tval(m): 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
This issue has been settled on the thread at the front page.
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tval: This issue has been settled on the thread at the front page.
this topic was created just show the details and my personal views
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Funfreak:

we are only comparing their worths here bro.............................
Worth? you should compare Mark with Seun nt Linda.
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
JuniorXpert:
Worth? you should compare Mark with Seun nt Linda.

Hey bro............................. They both make money online same way so why can't they be compared??
You sound funny..
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Funfreak:

Hey bro............................. They both make money online same way so why can't they be compared??
You sound funny..
Lol. just teasing, I really don't know much about Linda and Seun ways of making money.
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nonentity: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
homepage tins pls ......... I don dey vez since i saw that stupid post wey dey hp
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Dolemite(f): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Right! my Seun baby makes more money that that Linda whatever. tongue
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2014
Dolemite: Right! my Seun baby makes more money that that Linda whatever. tongue
Wow... Sounds like you 've known seun since 2009
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2014
Nonentity: homepage tins pls ......... I don dey vez since i saw that stupid post wey dey hp
I know seun.. He wouldn't let this topic hit the frontpage..
@
Seun
And whether he believes this or not, that post hitting frontpage would actually affect nairaland advertising rate cos most people would believe all those things about adverts/advertisers/advertising/ on nairaland is true..

Only God knows why you did that Seun!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by perfectgen(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Coded rock, good analysis; I totally agree with you. Sometimes, when I see topics like the other insinuation, it makes me laugh and it shows how wrong our perceptions can be. For your information, I am a member of both LIB and NL and from what I have noticed, Linda tries to create a celebrity status around herself, because those are the people she deals with; hence the show off. Seun, on the other hand is more of an investor, both in intellectual property and humanitarian services.
On the issue of wealth, you are wrong; Linda Ikeji is not richer than Seun; she buys more liabilities while Seun invests more, but in terms of net worth, Seun is richer.
From the business perspective, no foreign investor will ever make the trade-off of LIB over NL because NL has more patronage, more organised as a business and covers more distinct areas than LIB, hence a better source of traffic.
From the little I know of the watsapp purchase, even when there were more flashier apps, the real value of Seun Osewa is in the price he can get if he were to sell NL, which I believe will more than triple LIB, hence Seun is richer; it is not about the cash but about the assets.
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by LadyJul(f): 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Some people can be really jobless...so op really sit down dey think how much seun and linda dey earn....op wats your own business with how much seun and linda earn? And y the comparison?..abeg if you don't have anything better to do den I'll advice you to sit down and think of how to make your own money just like seun and linda
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Funfreak: 8:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
LadyJul: Some people can be really jobless...so op really sit down dey think how much seun and linda dey earn....op wats your own business with how much seun and linda earn? And y the comparison?..abeg if you don't have anything better to do den I'll advice you to sit down and think of how to make your own money just like seun and linda
Mommy u don vex Sowi oo..

What makes u think i aint richer than both of em?
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by otukpo(f): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
Really?
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
perfectgen: Coded rock, good analysis; I totally agree with you. Sometimes, when I see topics like the other insinuation, it makes me laugh and it shows how wrong our perceptions can be. For your information, I am a member of both LIB and NL and from what I have noticed, Linda tries to create a celebrity status around herself, because those are the people she deals with; hence the show off. Seun, on the other hand is more of an investor, both in intellectual property and humanitarian services.
On the issue of wealth, you are wrong; Linda Ikeji is not richer than Seun; she buys more liabilities while Seun invests more, but in terms of net worth, Seun is richer.
From the business perspective, no foreign investor will ever make the trade-off of LIB over NL because NL has more patronage, more organised as a business and covers more distinct areas than LIB, hence a better source of traffic.
From the little I know of the watsapp purchase, even when there were more flashier apps, the real value of Seun Osewa is in the price he can get if he were to sell NL, which I believe will more than triple LIB, hence Seun is richer; it is not about the cash but about the assets.
You do not know the owner of nl in person so please stop assuming he is what he is not, you may be right but personally I think you are giving him too much credit, he is a programmer and spends little on the website unlike me who has to almost always pay over 100k whenever my programmer has to work on my website.

I know a Nigerian website not in the top 100k but make more money than nl and lib combined. CEO earns a million monthly, director is about 2m monthly, manager gets 450k or so, entry level earns 35k with over a hundred staff and average take home being about 70k. This is their basic monthly minus bonus and other allowances. They attract people with money and serious disposable income from around the world not crappy crowd that boosts your alexa ranking but fails to produce a sale.

There is a difference between members, users, views and a sale. The first 3 can be deceptive but what matters most is the last.
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Seun(m): 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
blink182: You do not know the owner of nl in person so please stop assuming he is what he is not, you may be right but personally I think you are giving him too much credit,
It appears that you don't know me either, so you cannot know whether or not he is giving me too much credit (well he is, and I appreciate it).

he is a programmer and spends little on the website unlike me who has to almost always pay over 100k whenever my programmer has to work on my website.
It's not what you spend that matters, but what you achieve with your spending. I don't code Nairaland alone; I'm ably assisted by a young programmer. I Am the software architect (to keep the code simple) and product manager (right features) but he does most of the coding.

I know a Nigerian website not in the top 100k but make more money than nl and lib combined.
You don't know what Linda Ikeji makes, so how can you be sure that the website makes more? Tell us the name of this website and how much they make.

CEO earns a million monthly, director is about 2m monthly, manager gets 450k or so, entry level earns 35k with over a hundred staff and average take home being about 70k. This is their basic monthly minus bonus and other allowances.
These are all expenses. There are many companies that spend more than what they make. Then they go broke and that's how it ends.

They attract people with money and serious disposable income from around the world not crappy crowd that boosts your alexa ranking but fails to produce a sale.
I'd like to know what Nairaland members think about being labelled a "crappy crowd" and ask you if you're not part of this "crappy crowd".

Yes, Nairaland doesn't make much money. We're a small business by all measures, but with big impact. A small object casting big shadows.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by lalaboy(m): 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
#seunreplies!
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Pavore9: 12:35am On Sep 29, 2014
Borrowing a calculator to add up other people's income is not a virtue!
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:34am On Sep 29, 2014
Seun:
It appears that you don't know me either, so you cannot know whether or not he is giving me too much credit (well he is, and I appreciate it).

It's not what you spend that matters, but what you achieve with your spending. I don't code Nairaland alone; I'm ably assisted by a young programmer. I Am the software architect (to keep the code simple) and product manager (right features) but he does most of the coding.

You don't know what Linda Ikeji makes, so how can you be sure that the website makes more? Tell us the name of this website and how much they make.

These are all expenses. There are many companies that spend more than what they make. Then they go broke and that's how it ends.

I'd like to know what Nairaland members think about being labelled a "crappy crowd" and ask you if you're not part of this "crappy crowd".

Yes, Nairaland doesn't make much money. We're a small business by all measures, but with big impact. A small object casting big shadows.
Blimey you have the time and patience to type this, I didn't know you even type that much on nairaland. Maybe I should go through all your posts and look for where you typed with anger tongue

Oya lemme sleep before the thing enter famzing grin
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Birniwa(m): 2:13am On Sep 29, 2014
Sorry did u say u were 15yrs in 2011 and now 18yrs in 2014?
Re: Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 29, 2014
Seun:

True.

That's correct, throwing money at some projects won't always generate the end result you are looking for. Took me a while to realize this.

Yes, you are right. I shouldn't assume but I strongly believe so. This firm offers services priced at premium over the internet and do not sell advertising space. Revenue is in excess of N1bn annually that's the reason I just feel Lib doesn't earn as much. You are not the only successful silent internet entrepreneur in Nigeria.

Salaries is not even the biggest expense of this company, I think extravagant spending of the owners is. They had to wait a long time before the business returned any money but today, the wait was worth it.

The phrase 'crappy crowd' is relative. It will be unwise of me after the time I've spent here to term the traffic from nl as crappy. Most of your heavy spenders are not users or regular posting members though. To you sir, none of your users are crappy even the ones you banned because you need us visiting here to keep that Alexa ranking through the roof. Even though I haven't spent a dime in advertising here and you may want to add me to the crappy crowd, I do my own bit by visiting and going through the pages here which in turn reflects on your ranking and you know what alexa ranking means to you and your business. Then there are people I have actually made purchases from, I haven't bought a car or built my house but I have certainly done my part.

Your last paragraph got me scratching my head. Are you trying to be humble or just trying to mislead someone?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poultry Farm In Nigeria: All You Need To Know Before You Start / Benefits Of Having An Online Presence For Your Business / Samuel Robinson: Teenager Asks For N20million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.