Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? (16921 Views)

With 8m. Should I Run An Msc Prog., Go For A Pilot Course Or Do Business? / A Woman Seen Doing An Assignment For Her Child On Bike Without A Proper Balance / I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Edopesin: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2017
SirWere:
ur brain must be paining u

1 Like

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Zico5(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2017
sgtponzihater:
Greeting my brothers in advancement. I suddenly started feeling the urge of moving beyond a bachelor's degree and doing the postgraduate. My current job is a week on and another off, this leaves me a bit free 2ice a month.

I would want to find out if this schedule will be compatible with pursuing a master's in University of Ibadan, and it's been my dream school.
Ok

Kindly advice me.

God bless.
So u are not even in medical line and have taken it upon urself to always badmouth and castigate any thread based on medical and its allied. That's to say, we have some graduates that are stilll childish in nature and fail to grow up whatsoever the situation may be. Its time for doctors in the house to shun whatever the rubbish u may post on the thread cos it clearly shows that u were rusticated from the medical school.

1 Like

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by dom(m): 7:35am On Jun 08, 2017
I know attendance is usually very important. 75%, I think. that's why I couldn't return there after my first degree. I also know that the 3rd semester is for writing your dissertation. so they could be a bit flexible.

1 Like

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Universities: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2017
nowphils:
ADMISSION IS ONGOING FOR AUGUST,2017

Remove this rubbish from here. Go and public your site and advertise
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2017
sgtponzihater:
Greeting my brothers in advancement. I suddenly started feeling the urge of moving beyond a bachelor's degree and doing the postgraduate. My current job is a week on and another off, this leaves me a bit free 2ice a month.

I would want to find out if this schedule will be compatible with pursuing a master's in University of Ibadan, and it's been my dream school.

Kindly advice me.

God bless.
If you are for academic masters, one week off one on may not work out unless you are sure you can work something out with your employer/colleagues at work as it will be easier to strike a deal with them than your course lecturers. You will have presentations that requires your presence as they sometimes serve as your CA (you won't likely be writing 'tests' if you are coming to the social sciences).

But if you are coming for professional masters, your schedule should be OK and the lecturers are more approachable.

Generally in social sciences especially SOC., the timetable is usually very favourable. I had a 2-week old baby when I started an Msc in UI and it worked out well for me. You can do it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by tete7000(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2017
Stress level varies from department to department. By the way why kill yourself with fear over what you have not started? Since its your dream school, start and other things will naturally follow. Don't allow the fear of what has yet to come impair what you plan to do.

2 Likes

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 08, 2017
dom:
I know attendance is usually very important. 75%, I think. that's why I couldn't return there after my first degree. I also know that the 3rd semester is for writing your dissertation. so they could be a bit flexible.
Yes, unless there is an outstanding course, the third semester is at your own pace. It's just for project, but you pay half of your tuition.

1 Like

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by blaqroy: 7:44am On Jun 08, 2017
Well my Uncle is 32 years,running partime at UI, he always complain about the lecturers,and other things... I saw him last week my uncle is now having grey hair, I asked what's up he said he wants to drop out meanwhile is his finals.... It maybe diff from postgraduate but the diff won't be much,all the best
sgtponzihater:

Kindly advice me.

God bless.
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by lailo: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2017
this is an IPOB thread to discourage people from going to UI because their post graduate forms will soon be rolled out.
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by delpee(f): 7:51am On Jun 08, 2017
You have to work very hard in UI. The lecturers are disciplined and they expect you to truly learn. There's no room for sorting to the best of my knowledge. What you put in is what you get. Truancy is not allowed.

You'll certainly be at an advantage if you intend to do a Ph.D. after. Make enquiries about the particular department though.

2 Likes

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by OJEROTEH: 7:56am On Jun 08, 2017
I'm currently running my postgraduate program there,I'm not finding it easy at all. Imagine having lectures frm Monday to Thursday. For a working class like u it's advisable to go for u.i
U can't combine work with studies there ooo. It s strictly full time programme
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Lufthansa: 8:07am On Jun 08, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Kindly advice me.

God bless.

What course are u looking @? Hope not Geology?

1 Like

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2017
Nnamdisblog:
Very stressful.

University of Ibadan PG programmes are full time and they take attendance very seriously.

If you think, you can come this week for lectures, and then off next week, sorry, you will definitely fail most courses cos, the lecturers they take attendance very serious, infact, in Economic Department, where I did mine between 2011 - 2012, attendance make up nearly 30% of every course.

Most guys in my class then were not working, Only few ladies were working.
Hey junior..
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 08, 2017
candy:

If you are for academic masters, one week off one on may not work out unless you are sure you can work something out with your employer/colleagues at work as it will be easier to strike a deal with them than your course lecturers. You will have presentations that requires your presence as they sometimes serve as your CA (you won't likely be writing 'tests' if you are coming to the social sciences).

But if you are coming for professional masters, your schedule should be OK and the lecturers are more approachable.

Generally in social sciences especially SOC., the timetable is usually very favourable. I had a 2-week old baby when I started an Msc in UI and it worked out well for me. You can do it
Lies. You didn't attend UI. UI has no social sciences.
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by kachiz(m): 8:14am On Jun 08, 2017
OJEROTEH:
I'm currently running my postgraduate program there,I'm not finding it easy at all. Imagine having lectures frm Monday to Thursday. For a working class like u it's advisable to go for u.i
U can't combine work with studies there ooo. It s strictly full time programme

Like how many hours a day does the lecture take? and what's your department?

Thanks
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Goodinfo: 8:15am On Jun 08, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Kindly advice me.

God bless.

Continue looking for the one you will go and pay money to get without acknowledge and after you become problem to yourself, people around you, your employer and the society in general.
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Oyinda32(m): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Kindly advice me.

God bless.

Not that stressful tho, as I'm currently doing mine their. But you have to be ready to work!!
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 08, 2017
angels09:

Lies. You didn't attend UI. UI has no social sciences.
Really? I did a professional masters in UI(MIPR), an academic masters in Sociology(MSc) and currently on my doctorate, all in faculty of the Social Sciences.

6 Likes

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 08, 2017
candy:

Really? I did a professional masters in UI(MIPR), an academic masters in Sociology(MSc) and currently on my doctorate, all in faculty of the Social Sciences.
Now you are talking. Don't make that mistake again. It is The Social Sciences. Greetings to Dr Rasheed O.

It is UI.

2 Likes

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by kindredspirit(m): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2017
jakandeola:
I did my own in 2ys ago. is gud but u hav to work hard if u tink u can bribe is impossible. ui is a good schl dat people see as one of d best is a priveledege to be dere. dont be afraid

That's not true. There's an acquaintance of mine, a lady, who did her Msc in U.I who couldn't string together a complete sentence correctly. Her spelling ability was atrocious and I used to wonder how she coped and completed the Msc program.

If that lady could do it, despite her below-secondary school spelling and writing (dis)ability, then maybe anybody can pull it off too.
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2017
angels09:

Now you are talking. Don't make that mistake again. It is The Social Sciences. Greetings to Dr Rasheed O.

It is UI.
I get your point now...don't mind me jare, it's faculty of The Social Sciences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 08, 2017
candy:

I get your point now...don't mind me jare, it's faculty of The Social Sciences.
Hope the PhD is moving smoothly. How is Onyeonoru?

1 Like

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 08, 2017
kachiz:

Like how many hours a day does the lecture take? and what's your department?

Thanks
If you are fortunate to meet professor Festus he can teach for six active hours nonstop. Especially if his team arsenal FC loses a match.

1 Like

Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by jakandeola(m): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2017
kindredspirit:

That's not true. There's an acquaintance of mine, a lady, who did her Msc in U.I who couldn't string together a complete sentence correctly. Her spelling ability was atrocious and I used to wonder how she coped and completed the Msc program.

If that lady could do it, despite her below-secondary school spelling and writing (dis)ability, then maybe anybody can pull it off too.
hmmmm
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by jakandeola(m): 8:35am On Jun 08, 2017
candy:

I wish to be a friend
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by micxwell(m): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2017
candy:

People are just too quick to refute posts without confirming the real truth. Welldone Ma'am cheesy
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by micxwell(m): 8:43am On Jun 08, 2017
kindredspirit:

And she had a P.hD grade?...
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 08, 2017
Lufthansa:

What course are u looking @? Hope not Geology?

No. I'm think of an MBA, I'm not keen about academics or being a lecturer, just tired of BSC in my portfolio
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by CoolChinex07: 8:50am On Jun 08, 2017
Majority of people doing masters in UI like me av to abandone their jobs coz its full time thing. No sorting of lecturers. Everythin is 100 percent merit. So combinin wit ur job maybe real difficult for u except u try other universities were lecturers feed on PG students
Re: How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? by verygudbadguy(m): 8:50am On Jun 08, 2017
kindredspirit:

Don't get it wrong. Academic performance for some courses do not require too much grammar. Take for instance, the guy you quoted made a lot of grammatical error in his post. Most spellings in the sentences were also wrong. But one thing is, you understand what he meant.

Understanding is key... I used to think like this in my undergrad years then. Alfas who could not speak correct grammar had the best result. Ofcourse, Economics does not require too much oyinbo.

Apologies to kindredspirit. No pun intended.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates / Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! / The Danger Of Exam Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.