Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? (4286 Views)

Concept Of Success – Your Relation With Allah, Your Family, Your Work And Your (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Saifullah01: 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
Assalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters.
Its no news that the first trimester of Ramadan is gone and very soon so shall the first half of it. How have you balanced your work time and Ibadat time (good deeds/acts of worship)

I hope on this thread we can share experiences so that we draw inspiration form each other. So I will start from myself.

I work with a multinational company with working hours ranging from 8am to 5pm (excluding overtime). So when I close for the day I am tired and only have just over 1.5 hours to Iftar. Hence below are the major Ibadat I get to do (May Allah help us to do more and bless our little effort)

QURAN
After midday prayers I stay back in the mosque to recite 1 JUZ (2 HIZB) of the Quran which takes roughly 30 to 40 minutes. Hopefully at this pace I would complete the Quran at the end of the month (The Quran has 30 JUZ)

NAWAFIL
The mother of the faithfull Umm Habibah Ramilah bint Abu Sufyan Radhiallahu ‘anhu narrated that she heard the Prophet Shalallahu ‘alaihi wa Salam saying: “A house will be built in paradise for every Muslim who offers twelve Rak’ah of optional salah other than the obligatory salah in day and night, to seek pleasure of Allah.” Narrated by Muslim.

As much as I can, I 'religiously' observe these nafl prayers (I think I have just missed a day or two). They are as follows
Two rakahs before the obligatory Fajr prayers.
Four rakahs before and two rakahs after the obligatory Dhuhr prayers.
Two rakahs after the obligatory Magrib prayers.
Two rakahs after the obligatory Isha prayers.

TARAWIH
This one needs no detail, all I can say is May Allah stregnthen our resolve to stand-it-out with the Imam throughout the Month.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPIRIENCE OF IBADAT AND WORK DURING THIS MONTH

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by mervinmails: 10:44am On Jun 09, 2017
I really don't understand what this topic is all about..
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2017
Alhamdullilah
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Saifullah01: 10:53am On Jun 09, 2017
Another area is reciting Quran after fajr prayers. It's very beneficial.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by MostBanned: 10:56am On Jun 09, 2017
Na by force to fast

If you can't cope, quit the hunger strike after all no be only lunch Una dey miss undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by doctorbabs(m): 11:04am On Jun 09, 2017
@ mostbanned must you comment on every issue that didn't conerns you. Pls always think with your brain rather than with Anus.

5 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Larryhoover(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2017
My work demand is not that challenging but where i stay to my place of work is far, so meeting up with taraweeh is always a challenge but what i device is that i ensure i wake up early to perform tahajjud and read 10 pages of the Qur'an during my prayer on mondays to thursdays, surah Al-kahf on fridays, and on saturdays and sundays, 10 pages during tahajjud and additional 80 pages (40 pages each day) to cover up and so i will be reading about 150 pages every week....

I hope with this i should be able to complete the Qur'an.

May Allah AWJ make it easy for us and grant us the reward of this Holy month (Aameen)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by oluwagadaffi(m): 11:07am On Jun 09, 2017
Is people like you that causes chaos here and there. Who ask of your opinion?[quote author,

If you can't cope, quit the hunger strike after all no be only lunch Una dey miss undecided[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by delivryboy: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2017
Work makes Ramadan easier for me, I enjoy being active while fasting. The only challenge is making out time to pray and perform other aspects of the holy month. Secondly, you would be in a circular environment which might expose you to temptations and distractions.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by delivryboy: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2017
MostBanned:
Na by force to fast

If you can't cope, quit the hunger strike after all no be only lunch Una dey miss undecided
It is called fast and not an attempt to kill oneself neither is it to impress those who don't share our belief. Remember people of other faiths sometimes fast till 12 noon, while others fast what they call "non-dry fasting" where they can drink water and eat fruits while fasting. Whichever type of fasting it is, the aim is to get close to our creator

7 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Larryhoover(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2017
oluwagadaffi:
Is people like you that causes chaos here and there. Who ask of your opinion?
By their words, you ll have a glimpse of what their heart looks like.
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by MostBanned: 11:22am On Jun 09, 2017
doctorbabs:
@ mostbanned must you comment on every issue that didn't conerns you. Pls always think with your brain rather than with Anus.

You say what undecided

Quote me when you type something i can comprehend

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by mbhs139(m): 11:28am On Jun 09, 2017
mervinmails:
I really don't understand what this topic is all about...

The topic is talking about how the Muslim faithfuls tries to balance work and their acts of worship, ibaadat during this month of Ramadan.
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 09, 2017
I dont have a job.. So i dnt know how to cope in Ramadan while working.
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by kayceeD2(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2017
MostBanned:
Na by force to fast

Be sensible for once
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by mbhs139(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2017
delivryboy:
Work makes Ramadan easier for me, I enjoy being active while fasting. The only challenge is making out time to pray and perform other aspects of the holy month. Secondly, you would be in a circular environment which might expose you to temptations and distractions.
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by mbhs139(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2017
delivryboy:

At the bold part, like working on the campus of the Univ. of Lagos. May Allah accept our Ibaadat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2017
kayceeD2:
Be sensible for once
Thank u for that
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by MostBanned: 11:45am On Jun 09, 2017
kayceeD2:

Be sensible for once

I will tell that to your Father
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by EngrBello(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2017
MostBanned:
Na by force to fast

Repent now...

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by rakazytee(f): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
I find it very difficult to balance the equation cos as a teacher after teaching I get very tired because of Kano weather. I don't really know what to do
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Bimpe29: 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
Waaleikum sallam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

In fact, we are blessed to be Muslims and alive to witness the noblest month.

I am a Public Servant whose working hours are between 8am and 4-5pm, and this is how I have been striking the balance between my major (Spiritual Duties) and minor (Official Duties);

5 Daily Prayer;
I have been able to observe the 5 obligatory prayers in congregation since the 1st day of Ramadhan.

Quran Recitation;
Any idle time in office is diverted to the recitation of the Holy Book, then at home I do recite fairly small portion apart from weekends.

Taraweeh;
This has been consistently observed behind Imam

Tafseer;
I have been attending, even though, it holds during the weekends only as almost everyone of us is a Public/Civil Servants.

I therefore, beseech Allah to bless all with wherewithal to engage in good deeds during Ramadhan and beyond, and accept same from us.

Ramandhan and Juma'at Mubaraq!

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Olayemi244(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
Wa alaikumu salam waramotulah wabarakaatuhu

Alhamdulilah Robil Aalamin

Though I'm a full time HND student and combining classes and Ramadan good act & practice has been kind of tough for me I would say, maybe I'm lazy or not. I go to classes from 8am till 4pm and getting home to cook, I used to be tired most times. I'm in Juz 10 = hizb 20 in my recitation of Quran. I do offer the Tahajudd most times and I'm in my 4th recitation of Audio Quran.

Most of all is that May Allah SWT bless us all in thIs Holy Month and forgive & forget all of our shortcomings......Aamin.
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by COOLDK(m): 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
doctorbabs:

You do not need to abuse people before making your point.
That are better friendly ways to pass your message across.
Hidina sirantal Mustaqim
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Adek15(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
Wow!!! You guys are really trying... My work is not tasking at all Atm and I haven't done half of what you guys are doing... I really need to sit up
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by hafypearl(f): 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
Waalaykum Salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh, Weldone brother. it's amazing how you are able to do justice to both ur work and Ibadat.

I work at most 3 times in a week and am still in the 13th juz.

I observe my Salats and nawafil. when I miss Taraweeh, I try to cover it up at night as tahajud.

May Allah accept our fast and prayers as an act of Ibadat.
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Saifullah01: 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
Adek15:
Wow!!! You guys are really trying... My work is not tasking at all Atm and I haven't done half of what you guys are doing... I really need to sit up

Alhamdulillah, that is the essence of this thread to inspire ourselves may Allah make it easy for you
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by kayceeD2(m): 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
MostBanned:

I will tell that to your Father
Remember to ask ur mum who was ur biological father
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by pressplay411(m): 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
Bimpe29:
Waaleikum sallam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

In fact, we are blessed to be Muslims and alive to witness the noblest month.

I am a Public Servant whose working hours are between 8am and 4-5pm, and this is how I have been striking the balance between my major (Spiritual Duties) and minor (Official Duties);

5 Daily Prayer;
I have been able to observe the 5 obligatory prayers in congregation since the 1st day of Ramadhan.

Quran Recitation;
Any idle time in office is diverted to the recitation of the Holy Book, then at home I do recite fairly small portion apart from weekends.

Taraweeh;
This has been consistently observed behind Imam

Tafseer;
I have been attending, even though, it holds during the weekends only as almost everyone of us is a Public/Civil Servants.

I therefore, beseech Allah to bless all with wherewithal to engage in good deeds during Ramadhan and beyond, and accept same from us.

Ramandhan and Juma'at Mubaraq!

Lol @spiritual duties being major and official duties being minor.
Apparently I don't believe you meant that. Typo perhaps?
Too many scenarios I'm sure even you know you've made your work a priority over your religion which is the proper thing to do.
But feel free to lie, everyone else does. grin
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by MostBanned: 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
kayceeD2:

Remember to ask ur mum who was ur biological father

I will tell that to your mother
Re: Ramadan: Work And Ibadat, How Do You Cope? by Bimpe29: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
pressplay411:

Lol @spiritual duties being major and official duties being minor.
Apparently I don't believe you meant that. Typo perhaps?
Too many scenarios I'm sure even you know you've made your work a priority over your religion which is the proper thing to do.
But feel free to lie, everyone else does. grin
You're entitled to your opinion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Making Quarantine A Qur'antime In The Holy Month / Imam Ali In His Own Words - Arabic / English / Missed Fasts From Ramadaan First Or The Six Days Of Shawwaal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.