Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Federal University Oye Ekiti Shut Down - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Oye Ekiti Shut Down (1457 Views)

Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned / Aborted Baby Found In A Hostel In Federal University Oye Ekiti (graphic Photos) / Osinbajo Changes Federal University, Oye Ekiti To Adeyinka Adebayo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Oye Ekiti Shut Down by Daspirit: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
The none academic staff of the Federal University Oye Ekiti which comprises of NAAT, SANNU, and NASU today shut down the Institution to protest what is tagged High level of injustice perpetrated by the University Management under the leadership of Prof Kayode Shoremekun. The three Unions had on Monday 15th May, 2017 embarked on strike to protest the irregularities and high level of injustice that characterised the 2016 promotion exercise which was concluded in May 2017.
The appointment and promotion committee (AP&C) of the Institution pecked the cut off for promotion at 85% using appraisal form which was way too high, the management now went ahead and promoted their families and girlfriend who scored less than 80%, as if that was not enough, the management on the day when the promotion letter was been despatched, now went ahead to suspend union leaders from the institution so that they won't be able to protest the irregularities which was the order of the day in the institution.

The University council met and ordered that the promotion should be reviewed but the University in its usual act concealed the information so as to continue to perpetrate evil, in a bid not to obey the University council, the University Management went ahead and brought heavy security presence and ordered the striking workers to resume work against the order of the National body of the three Unions, this call for war by the management did not stop the Union from toying the part of peace not until the cabals in the University (Prof Kayode Shoremekun, VC, Mr Biodun Adeyemo, Registrar, Prof Gbenga Amu, Head of Ikole campus, Prof Raphael Omoleyin, DVC) decided to ignore the peace talk being brokered by the National body of the three Unions and the Federal Ministry of Labour and employment in Ekiti state.

On 7th June, 2017, the Union decided to occupy FUOYE by shutting down the institution. At present the institution is under lock and key both physically and spiritually.

The management needs to be serious with the peace talk and stop intimidating staff in a bid to continue to perpetrate evil and injustice so as not to breed militancy in the young University.

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Shut Down by Edopesin: 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
undecided The only schl i knw in ekiti is eksu

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Shut Down by hotboz: 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
Is this a school gate or shrine, lalasticlala?

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Shut Down by Justanodadude: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
D skul is now far from here if lala can give me fuel money I will go n snap beta picture.

Anyways do you want to study abroad in 2017? (Cyprus, Ukraine and Canada) with the possibility of been given permanent residence??

Kindly contact Franice-fort and associates on

081 021647 73

+234 813 793 3120

Email: Franicefort@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Shut Down by NLbully(m): 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
Edopesin:
undecided The only schl i knw in ekiti is eksu
Ehyah Outdated being
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Shut Down by Edopesin: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
NLbully:
Ehyah Outdated being
Ur Brain Is Paining You Abi "Ewu"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Someone Help Me With This Homework...i Promise To Send You Airtime / PREDICTION:- Will ASUU Call Off Strike Tpday?? / Top Law Firms For Internship In Nigeria (2019)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.