Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

A Quiz For The Religious Folks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Quiz For The Religious Folks (715 Views)

I Dare Every Religious Folks / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / 10 Questions For Religious Folks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
What is the greatest trick the devil ever played on mankind?
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2010
No takers?
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2010
Of what purpose is this "quiz"?
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
Very well.
The most populare belief - especially amongst the religious folks - is that the greatest trick the devil ever played on mankind is making them think and believe that he does not exist.
Now, i would say that this is obviously very incorrect because billions of people(religious) do believe that he exist.As a matter of fact, they so much believe in his existence that he has become one of the central pillars of their faith.Without him, their faith collapses.So, suffice to say, that is definitely not much of a trick, talkless of it being great.

So, what's the correct answer?

The correct answer is - hold tight to your seats, ladies and gentlemen - "The greatest trick the devil ever played on mankind is making them believe that, HE IS THE ONE TRUE, OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT, OMNIBENEVOLENT GOD, THEREFORE MAKING BILLIONS OF HUMANS UNKNOWINGLY WORSHIP HIM THINKING THAT THEY ARE WORSHIPPING THE OTHER NICEY, ALL GOODY GOODY AND BENEVOLENT TRUE GOD.

Now this has got to be the mother of all bait & switch tactic.The devil made the true creator of the universe become the devil in the eyes of the naive believers while he took on the position of light, thereby fooling billions upon billions of people for millenia.And the trick has been so effective that the believers can't even see this, even though their "holy" bible has been screaming it at them for centuries, "LOOK!HE IS AN IMPOSTOR!HE IS NOT THE TRUE GOD!SEE ALL THE ATROCITIES HE COMMITTED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT!NO LOVING GOD WILL EVER DO MONSTROUS THINGS LIKE THIS"
But to no avail!They just can't see it for what it is, they cannot see the truth.That is how great this trick is.It is quite amazing to see seemingly intelligent religious folks tying themselves in all kinds of knots trying to defend and make sense of the atrocities committed by the devil(alias yahweh/jehovah). I'd say one thing about the devil, the guy is crazy smart, i'd have to doff my hat to him.

Devil, o kare!Mo gbedi!Na alagbari number one you be! grin
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
Look up. smiley
davidylan:

Of what purpose is this "quiz"?
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2010
So essentially the thread was merely a smokescreen to call the God of the bible the devil?

Thanks . . . case closed.
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2010
davidylan:

So essentially the thread was merely a smokescreen to call the God of the bible the devil?

Thanks . . . case closed.
No, essentially, it is a thread to make you re-think and re-evaluate your belief system to which you are locked in.These things need to be brought out and shown to you so as to open you up to the truth.Obviously the trick is still working on you.Na your wahala be dat.
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2010
jagunlabi:

No, essentially, it is a thread to make you re-think and re-evaluate your belief system to which you are locked in.These things need to be brought out and shown to you so as to open you up to the truth.Obviously the trick is still working on you.Na your wahala be dat.

There is nothing in your write-up that stimulates thinking. All i see are nonsensical claims . . . for example - "LOOK!HE IS AN IMPOSTOR!HE IS NOT THE TRUE GOD!SEE ALL THE ATROCITIES HE COMMITTED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT! NO LOVING GOD WILL EVER DO MONSTROUS THINGS LIKE THIS"

That statement in highlights is based exactly on what? How did you magically determine what a "loving God" would do or not do? Did you make that statement based on any statistical analysis of the actions of a large sample size of "loving Gods"?
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
davidylan:

That statement in highlights is based exactly on what?
It is based on the highly detailed chronicles of monstrous atrocities committed by a supposedly loving entity.That glaring contradiction is the scream.But you obviously have not been able to hear the scream.The trick is really working on you.

davidylan:

How did you magically determine what a "loving God" would do or not do? Did you make that statement based on any statistical analysis of the actions of a large sample size of "loving Gods"?
Well, it did not involve any magical act,really.One would think that it is only by common sense that one would expect a loving, and omnibenevolent entity to show those qualities for all to see, and not the EXACT OPPOSITE! grin

davidylan:

Did you make that statement based on any statistical analysis of the actions of a large sample size of "loving Gods"?
Yes, i did.The ones in the bible OT is more than enough.
As for the actions of other gods, i can think of one certain meso-american god called "Quetzalcoatl".Now that is one loving god.He was so loving that not only did he live amongst his people, he actually helped them build there civilization, teaching them vast arrays of knowledge, so much so that when he was leaving this people, the whole people were shedding tears and begging him to stay. grin
I did not see that kind of bond between yahweh and the israelites of old.All yahweh had to do was turn his back slightly and the jews were already worshipping another god.Doesn't say much for the "charisma" and popularity of yahweh with the israelites now, does it? wink
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
Sigh . . . what is new really?

jagunlabi:

It is based on the [b]highly detailed chronicles of monstrous atrocities committed by a supposedly loving entity.[/b]That glaring contradiction is the scream.But you obviously have not been able to hear the scream.The trick is really working on you.

the typical mindset at work here is simply this -

My idea of "god" is one that creates a paradise on earth for everyone regardless of whether we believe he exists or agree to follow his commandments. Anything outside this equates him to be a monstrous entity.

i.e. bad things happen = God is bad.

There is no point having wasting my energy.
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
davidylan:

My idea of "god" is one that creates a paradise on earth for everyone regardless of whether we believe he exists or agree to follow his commandments. Anything outside this equates him to be a monstrous entity.
Aah!Your "idea" of god is evolving, davidylan.Now, that is a good sign.It shows that you are also starting to evolve.Your next step is to free yourself of worshipping the devil disguised as God and you will be free forever.Keep coming towards the light, my child,listen to the cries of that holy book you hold so dear! grin
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2010
jagunlabi:

Aah!Your "idea" of god is evolving, davidylan.Now, that is a good sign.It shows that you are also starting to evolve.Your next step is to free yourself of worshipping the devil disguised as God and you will be free forever.Keep coming towards the light, my child,listen to the cries of that holy book you hold so dear! grin

you obviously didnt even understand my post. But what else did i expect anyway.
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2010
davidylan:

you obviously didnt even understand my post. But what else did i expect anyway.
Well, i thought that part was selfexplanatory enough, but if not, care to elucidate more?
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2010
jagunlabi:

Well, i thought that part was selfexplanatory enough, but if not, care to elucidate more?

it would only be a waste of time . . .
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by Mavenb0x(m): 3:04am On Jan 21, 2010
davidylan:

Sigh . . . what is new really?

[size=18pt]the typical mindset at work here is simply this - [/size]

[size=18pt]i.e. bad things happen = God is bad.[/size]

There is no point having wasting my energy.

By a strange instance of a weird eye disease, the big red characters rendered by Davidylan, and the introductory and successive purple characters, are not obvious to a bigoted reader who does not want to see them. Only the green characters are seen in such a case.

@Davidylan: You're right. It's a daft thread, anyway. undecided I'm out.
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2010
In other words, you can't.Okay, no qualms.I don't expect you to have any.
But, think about it for a minute, what if it is true?All indications point to that fact that the devil has suckered you guys into worshipping him, the muslims included.Look closely at your doctrine and scriptures and you will see that the devil is in the details, no pun intended.
davidylan:

it would only be a waste of time . . .
Re: A Quiz For The Religious Folks by jagunlabi(m): 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
Why is it so easy to do the most evil, the most despicable thing in the name of this god that these abrahamic dogmas worship?

-Pilfering in the name of this god by "his annointed men" of the poor masses.
-Killing millions of people in the name of crusades and jihads.
-Imperialism in the name of this god.
-Promotion of racial/religious/sexual supremacist attitudes amongst humanity.
-Promotion of peadophilia
-Promotion of slavery
-Blood sacrifices

All these stuffs and more are integral parts of these religions.Are they not enough to set one thinking that these three black cults world religions might be tightly connected to . . . SATANISM?
As a matter of fact, that they are, in actual fact, offshoots of satanism.Some kind of public versions of satanism for the unsuspecting masses.
This is a really deep food for thought for all the affiliates of these religions.

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Tell Me Where God Is? / Message Received June 21, 2011 By Susan From The Lord Jesus Christ / Christian/muslim. Will Your Fight Ever End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.