Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

You Can't Dissociate Violence From Islam, But... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can't Dissociate Violence From Islam, But... (419 Views)

Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? / My Journey From Islam To Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can't Dissociate Violence From Islam, But... by shehuolayinka(m): 12:33am On Jun 08, 2017
In the wake of the London attack, Islamic State atrocities in the middle east and beyond, same with Boko Haram maddening unending carnage in North East Nigeria and Somalia by Al-Shabab, Taliban in Afghanistan, the question that has refused to go away, pops up again.

Why is Islam so violent? Is Islam truly violent? why is death always associated with Islam? Why some have already giving answer to the questions, some are still left confuse wondering why the suppose religion of peace, bring forth so much pain and destruction anytime it faithfuls struck.

My take on this, is same as some scholars: you really can’t take the peoples inherent character away from them, Islam only is a vessel for which they use in perpetrating their crimes.

Take for example a Yoruba Muslim to a Northern Muslim. You see the different, it is glaring and very obvious.

The vestiges of the puritanical Islam, envisage by Sayyid Qutd still remains, those who buy his ideas are still alive and spreading the Salafist idea he spoke about.

He was most widely credited, or blamed, for bringing salafism into the 20th Century was the Egyptian thinker
Sayyid Qutb. He provided a direct bridge from the thought and heritage of Abd al-Wahhab. (Jim Muir, 2016, BBC: Islamic State group: The full story)
My explanation in an online discussion, bares it —
We should always ask ourselves why a Yoruba Muslim is different from those in the north. Same as a western Muslim different from those in the Middle East.

You see in northern Nigeria, Islam came with violent and bloodshed, while over here, my people because of their accommodative nature, where able to accept those who came with the Qur’an in their folds, didn’t shout or frown at their way of life. But accepted them with open hands.
Time was only what Islam needed in the West and it got, as some changed and became Muslim.

No it didn’t have that in the North and went the way of it founder.

I fear a typical Northerner not because he is a Muslim, but because of who he is and what Islam has done to him.

The Qur’an itself support violent, but the question is, why has Yorubas, being able to embrace peace even though the Qur’an they read and use is same with the ones ready in the North and Asia? It is only a south westerner Nigeria Muslim, that will you get a different meaning of Jihad, even when the meaning is lucid for us to see.

Only a Yoruba Muslim man, will be bold enough to marry a Yoruba Christian, and there won't be any fuss attach to it. Vice visa.

I believe the question, should be why has the Yorubas, being able, even with Islam not shift to violence?
Muhammad in itself, was a dictator and totalitarian in nature. A very good one.

During his rein as the ruler of those cities under his command, you wouldn’t hear a word of a soldier or politician going against his rule or wanting to overthrow him his government.

Mohammed was smart, so smart that he was able to bring forth a book.

A book that was able douse the recalcitrant attitude of the Arabians, and bring them under his control.
The guy was smart and had the idea of how to rule his people. So when I hear people say Mohammed was an illiterate merchant, i tend to wonder if they actually know who the man truly is.

Historical records has shown us that, immediately Mohammed died, those behind him, had a different idea from Mohammed idea of what Islam should be. They were ambitious, wanted more lands and wanted to create empires.

Mohammed goof when he didn’t anoint a visible successor, he created a mess. Even though he knew fully well the kind of people the Arabians are. He alone could have stopped what is being witnessed today in the world.

According to Sunni tradition, Muhammad did not clearly designate a successor and the Muslim community acted according to his sunnah in electing his father-in-law Abu Bakr as the first caliph. This contrasts with the Shi’a view, which holds that Muhammad intended his son-in-law and cousin Ali ibn Abi Talib to succeed him. (Wikipedia)

Mohammed death changed Islam. Islam became something else, it vision and mission became different from Mohammed vision. Mohammed, may have had the idea of spreading Islam beyond the Arabian Peninsula, if he did, he never went beyond Arabian lands.

Immediately he died and Ali took over, there was crisis, that took Ali life, then Abu Bakr took over Islam, after then it went kaboom, killing and maiming.

All because they wanted more lands to create an empire, a Caliphate that would answer to those in Mecca and Medina.

Religion itself is a problem, it shouldn’t have existed.
The Bible and Qur’an, are two books that should have never existed. if God existed, he shouldn’t have allowed those two books to exist. But as it, he/she doesn’t exist.

The sharia, which is the revered Islamic constitution, is philosophy of hate and wickedness, same as the Old Bible Testament of the Christian faith, which bores semblance of violence and chaos.

Conclusion

As I have always said, the Middle East, which is a majorly Muslim State, from time immemorial, where violent and recalcitrant in nature. You can’t take that away from them.

Religion, mostly Islam, only brought out who they are. That’s why I always believe the region countries should be dictatorial or maybe the way Iran is.

Islam is need of serious reformation. The Christian did it and it worked.

Same could be applied to Northern Nigeria and Somalia.

Shehu Bello Olayinka, is a political commentator, who reside in Lagos. A graduate of Mass Communication from Lagos State Polytechnic.

He can be reached at: Olayinkashehu@gmail.com, Twitter: shehubello, Facebook: Shehu Bello Olayinka
Re: You Can't Dissociate Violence From Islam, But... by exco90(m): 5:12am On Jun 08, 2017
please include the phone number of sheu bello olayinka
Re: You Can't Dissociate Violence From Islam, But... by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 08, 2017
My deduction from the perusing of this write up...

"the yourbas are the most tolerant people in the world when it comes to religion.. To us,We are humans first,any other thing (most especially religion) is secondary"

Omo Yoruba lawa o..
Swagger!!!!
Re: You Can't Dissociate Violence From Islam, But... by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 08, 2017
exco90:
please include the phone number of sheu bello olayinka
His email and twitter handle is there already. What do you need his phone number for again?

(1) (Reply)

The Wisdom Of God / How Can You Fight Back When The Enemy Is Attacking You? / Muslims Try To Save Christians When Islamist Terrorists Storm Kenyan School Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.