Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death (24612 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Chimamanda Adichie, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Dora Akunyili / Under Jonathan, Dora Akunyili Was Forced To Work While Dying- Lauretta Onochie / Throwback: Dora Akunyili Battled The Cabal Under Yaradua (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Flexy2vybes(m): 11:49am On Jun 08, 2017
It have do

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by makkosky(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2017
@seun and Lalasticla!!!

What happened to my first comment. Did you guys delete it or what?
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Tecno66: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2017
Beauty with brain but all still na vanity.
Yarnvibes:
UNKNOWN to most, the late and beloved Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) was born in Markurdi, Benue State on July 14, 1954 to Chief and Mrs. Paul Young Edemobi. She was blessed with six children and three grandchildren. Akunyili died in India on June 7, 2014 after a long battle with cancer.

Akunyili was an internationally renowned pharmacist, pharmacologist, erudite scholar, seasoned administrator and a visionary leader. She had her early elementary education at St. Patrick’s Primary School, Isuofia, Anambra in 1966 and then proceeded to Queen of Rosary Secondary School, Nsukka, Enugu State in 1973.

Her exceptional grades in the First School Leaving Certificate and West African School Certificate earned her the Eastern Government Post Primary Scholarship and the Federal Government of Nigeria Undergraduate scholarship. She obtained her first degree in Pharmacology in 1978 and got her Ph.D in 1985 from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

Dora Akunyili was a post graduate fellow of University of London and a fellow of the West African Post Graduate College of Pharmacists. She was also a fellow of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, member of the New York Academy of Science, International Narcotics Control Board, United States Pharmacopeia Expert Committee, Association of African Medicinal Plant Standards, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition, Medicines for Malaria Venture and International Council Control.

She served as director general of National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) from 2001-2008 where she recorded outstanding successes. She brought in a new culture of excellence and honesty and as a result, the level of fake and counterfeit drugs in circulation dropped by a measurable degree.

Akunyili also worked as the Minister of Information and Communication between 2008- 2010 where she anchored the Re-branding Nigeria Project. Dora Akunyili, during her life time had the highest number of awards received by any Nigerian living or dead.

http://fabinfos.com/full-biography-of-late-prof-dora-akunyili/

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Yemlabking: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2017
May her gentle Soul rest in perfect peace
Legend never die. Ur gud works will ever live
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided SO WHAT WILL HER BIOGRAPHY SOLVE NOW?
Damn! What a crazy question!

1 Like

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by vecman22(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2017
seguno2:
I am sure many Nigerians wish that she is alive now that we have another Yar'Adua in Aso Rock of London.
What a pity.

And d other yar'adua is alive and she's six fit below...
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by aycorporat(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
embarassed

Please how did she contract the Syphilis that killed her?
Hope you are not one of the drug dealers she fought in her lifetime? shocked

1 Like

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by maskid(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:

BETTER THAN THE MERcy aigbe and toke makinwa stories that have not solved ur problems.

cant u see u are still poor?

mercy aigbe and nude posts didnt help u.

1 Like

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Keep resting

Life is vanity

which kin vanity?
Her life was never in vain....she achieved greatness...she's probably the greatest Nigerian woman i've ever seen.
She is a legend and she will always be remembered.
Vanity does not apply her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Ddaji(m): 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
vantage001:

Probably the greatest Nigerian woman ever.
In sane climes, she would have been the first Female president. She has more integrity in her little finger than OBJ,GEJ and buhari have in their entire body.
Yeah!!! but the women was disgraced by ibos when she contested for senatorial seat in Anambra state.if she was better then all those people you mentioned why was she rejected by her own brother and sisters.or are you telling us that only the rest of nigerians like better thing not ibos
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2017
liepzig:

which kin vanity?
Her life was never in vain....she achieved greatness...she's probably the greatest Nigerian woman i've ever seen.
She is a legend and she will always be remembered.
Vanity does not apply her.

"Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity" - Ecclesiastes 1:2
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by vantage001: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ddaji:
Yeah!!! but the women was disgraced by ibos when she contested for senatorial seat in Anambra state.if she was better then all those people you mentioned why was she rejected by her own brother and sisters.or are telling us that only the rest of nigerians like better thing not ibos
Where did her brother and sister rejected her, you moronn? Did she not win an electoral position in your national assembly, a position which she won under APGA.
Or were you expecting APGA to win her the presidency?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Gangster1ms: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
The juju wey them knack am too strong cry
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Gangster1ms: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
vantage001:

Where did her brother and sister rejected her, you moronn? Did she not win an electoral position in your national assembly, a position which she won under APGA.
She was actually rejected cos of one controversy with ngige.. i remember
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Adebowale89(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dc4life:
This woman Dora Akunyili remains the boldest being i have ever seen or heard of to come out of Nigeria. She sacrificed her life and spoke for common good. All her actions were for common good. Till today, the enlightenment she did on fake drugs makes me read BN,BB.PD on any product before i buy, even gala and we are better for it. Bye great woman...

u have said it all brother. she's a hero on her own, she brought enlightenment to our health wise

doc Dora akunyili you will forever be missed. I still remember the query u gave mtn telecommunication which force them to reduce their public extortion

what more can I say, u remain one of the respected Igbo dead or alive...

rip ma
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by GloriaNinja(f): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
new2020:

On your cone ewedu filled afonja skull
undecided[quote author=new2020 post=57312374]

YOUR BRAIN IS EMPTY IF YOU THINK I AM AN AFONJA.
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by bossrillboss: 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
EternalTruth:
Buhari must surely pay for this woman's death
..my guy take am easy u hear.thank u.
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Ddaji(m): 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
vantage001:

Dora was in senate? which year? shut up your dirty mouth.She was defeated by Ngige of AC.
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Nedfed(m): 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:

Not everything you put mouth to.
So surprise this coming from a lady.
Always learn how to appreciate pple's effort so dat pple wll also appreciate you when you're gone.
Dr Dora rest well.

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by ugotex85: 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Respect to this First Class patriotic and selfless Nigerian. Like an amazon you were, your virtues will always shine on even thousand years after your death. Continue to have sweet repose in the Lord's bosom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by 989900: 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
My favourite Nigerian.
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by seunlly(m): 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
she died 16 years after Abacha died...
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by mechanics(m): 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
She did her best without any fear nor favour and she died in active service, we just have to emulate her.

1 Like

Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
A rare gem
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Lush100(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nigeria best minister ever-my opinion
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by peacengine(m): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
This is one woman I repeat, apart from my own mother
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Devane(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
embarassed
Bros! No be syphilis kill her ooo. From what I read then, it was cancer.
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by moneybagxxx: 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dc4life:
This woman Dora Akunyili remains the boldest being i have ever seen or heard of to come out of Nigeria. She sacrificed her life and spoke for common good. All her actions were for common good. Till today, the enlightenment she did on fake drugs makes me read BN,BB.PD on any product before i buy, even gala and we are better for it. Bye great woman...

Very bold woman with amazing legacies.
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by onward4life(m): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
embarassed

GUY, READ TINS BEFORE YU INSULT TOPICS @LEAST
Re: Dora Akunyili: 3 Years After Her Death by donodion(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
Yarnvibes:
UNKNOWN to most, the late and beloved Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) was born in Markurdi, Benue State on July 14, 1954 to Chief and Mrs. Paul Young Edemobi. She was blessed with six children and three grandchildren. Akunyili died in India on June 7, 2014 after a long battle with cancer.

Akunyili was an internationally renowned pharmacist, pharmacologist, erudite scholar, seasoned administrator and a visionary leader. She had her early elementary education at St. Patrick’s Primary School, Isuofia, Anambra in 1966 and then proceeded to Queen of Rosary Secondary School, Nsukka, Enugu State in 1973.

Her exceptional grades in the First School Leaving Certificate and West African School Certificate earned her the Eastern Government Post Primary Scholarship and the Federal Government of Nigeria Undergraduate scholarship. She obtained her first degree in Pharmacology in 1978 and got her Ph.D in 1985 from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

Dora Akunyili was a post graduate fellow of University of London and a fellow of the West African Post Graduate College of Pharmacists. She was also a fellow of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, member of the New York Academy of Science, International Narcotics Control Board, United States Pharmacopeia Expert Committee, Association of African Medicinal Plant Standards, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition, Medicines for Malaria Venture and International Council Control.

She served as director general of National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) from 2001-2008 where she recorded outstanding successes. She brought in a new culture of excellence and honesty and as a result, the level of fake and counterfeit drugs in circulation dropped by a measurable degree.

Akunyili also worked as the Minister of Information and Communication between 2008- 2010 where she anchored the Re-branding Nigeria Project. Dora Akunyili, during her life time had the highest number of awards received by any Nigerian living or dead.

http://fabinfos.com/full-biography-of-late-prof-dora-akunyili/

Late Professor Dora Akunyili. You left your print in the sand of Time, generations to come shall never forget.

Your feats as DG of NAFDAC remains infallible till date.You are the iconic woman, Nigeria as a country would have fared far better to have as Female President... however death had other plans .

Rest in Peace Mama....your legacy lives on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Shi'ite But Not Members Of IMN, RAAF Tells Presidency / Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor / Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.