Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam (1309 Views)

10 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died In 2019 / Nollywood Celebrities Are Prostitutes – Daddy Freeze / 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam by marryjesus: 8:59am On Jun 08, 2017
Man has the tendency of clinging to anything that will bring him peace and to some of these actresses, they have found solace in Islam.

The following are Nollywood actresses that turned Christianity to Islam.
1. Moji Olaiya : Although the late actress, Moji Olaiya came from a christian home but she converted to Islam after she had some ugly marital experiences . She had said that the reason she changed her faith was because Islam gave her more power and inner calm.
“Honestly, Islam is a peaceful religion. The aspect I love most is that you don’t need any pastor to get closer to God. You don’t really need anybody to pray for you. You can always pray on your own and Almighty Allah will answer your prayer without any intermediary. I have been doing that since I became a Muslim and it has always worked for me.

2 : Vivian Metche father was a born Catholic while her mother, from Deeper Life.She became converted after her failed marriage which left her with four children. She explained that the confusion among the Christian folks made her change,

In her words,” It is a personal decision. I understand the Koran more than the Bible… I was probably looking for peace. Yeah! That was what I was looking for and I found it in the Koran.”

3. Liz Da Silva
Liz da silva who has adopted a muslim name, Aishat became a muslim after she allegedly had a child for ex-NURTW Oshodi boss, Musiliu Akinsanya popularly known as MC Oluomo.

After the marriage failed, she got remaried to another muslim man known as Olaoye whom she had a very good relationship with, hence the need for conversion.

“In case you want to know I have a good relationship with my baby’s father and that is why I had to convert to Muslim and got a new name Aishat before the baby was named. I am a Christian, but I had to convert to Islam because of my baby,” she disclosed.

4. Liz Anjorin
Nollywood actress, Elizabeth Anjorin popularly known as Lizzy became a muslim in 2013. She faced alot of criticism when she left her old faith but it is nothing to her because she grew up with two religion. Her father was a christian while her mother, a muslim.

“Although my name is Elizabeth, which is the Christian name my dad gave me because he was a Christian. Then, I also have a Muslim name, Aishat, given to me by my mother, who was a Muslim. Also, some from my mother’s family members also named me Sekinat. Even my daughter’s name is Rufaidat. So, I grew with the two religions.” she revealed in an interview.

5. Laide Bakare
Ace actress, Laide Bakare also has a Christian background.She converted to Islam after she left her Christian husband and got married to alleged money bag in Lagos named Alhaji Tunde Orilowo . She became one of his many wives.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/06/5-nollywood-celebrities-who-changed.html

Re: 5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam by youngest85(m): 9:00am On Jun 08, 2017
So majority of them changed because of marital crisis?
And they are all afonjas?
Issokay

Btw, why is this thread protected like the other islamic thread?
Re: 5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam by NwaAmaikpe: 9:07am On Jun 08, 2017
All of them...olosho actresses.

Name one man who will be this confused

1 Like

Re: 5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam by mroop(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: 5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2017
Their choice.

I wish them well with their head slamming prayers on friday.

But if i be muslim, nah jack daniels i for take dey wash my preek.
Re: 5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam by Khd95(m): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2017
mroop:
JasonScolari:
Their choice.

I wish them well with their head slamming prayers on friday.

But if i be muslim, nah jack daniels i for take dey wash my preek.
NwaAmaikpe:
All of them...olosho actresses.

Name one man who will be this confused
youngest85:
So majority of them changed because of marital crisis?
And they are all afonjas?
Issokay

Btw, why is this thread protected like the other islamic thread?
why e pain these lots like this,don't people have freedom of association again,children of hate from yeast

1 Like

Re: 5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam by SplendidE(f): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2017
#lipsealed#
Re: 5 Nollywood Celebrities Who Changed From Christianity To Islam by SplendidE(f): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2017
Their life their business if them like mk them worship ice,Wetin concern me

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Attends Daughter's Graduation At Cambridge University (photos) / See What RMD Wrote About His Son On His 16th Birthday / Olamide WO Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.